Hiccup x Reader (Κœα΄›α΄›Κα΄…)

Af hauntingkiki

.Β·:*¨¨* π™³πš˜πš—'𝚝 𝚐𝚘, 𝚒𝚘𝚞'πš›πšŽ πš‘πšŠπš•πš 𝚘𝚏 πš–πšŽ πš—πš˜πš  *¨¨*:Β·. Berk. The village that has the bravest... Mere

Manual
[1x1]
[1x2]
[1x3]
[1x4]
[1x5]
[1x6]
[1x7]
[1x8]
[1x9]
[1x10]
[1x11]
[1x13]
[1x14]
Gift of the Night Fury

[1x12]

20 1 0
Af hauntingkiki

The town gathers around the arena, the time has come for Hiccup's final exam.

"Well, I can show my face in public again! If someone had told me that in just few short weeks, Hiccup would go from being, well...Hiccup, to placing first in Dragon Training...Well, I would've tied him to a mast and shipped him off for fear he'd gone mad!" Stoick laughs, the town cheering and laughing along as well. "And I'm deeply proud for the lass, Y/N; she was so close on getting first! But, yes! And you know it! But here we are. And no one's more surprised...or more proud than I am. Today, my boy becomes a Viking. TODAY, HE BECOMES ONE OF US!"

The town cheers again, causing you to look at Hiccup as he held his Viking helmet. "You okay?" You asked, gently rubbing his shoulder. He had his vest on, which you gave to him just before the exam started.

He looked over at you, swallowing before staying quiet for a moment. "Trying to be." He finally spoke up, turning around when Astrid appeared in the hallway.

"Be careful with that dragon." She warned, grabbing your hand when you stood next to her.

Hiccup turned his to Stoick. "It's not the dragon I'm worried about." He admitted, watching him walk through the crowd and take a seat in his chair.

"What are you gonna do?" You asked, tilting your head slightly.

He glanced over his shoulder before looking back into the arena. "Put an end to this." He played with the horns on the helmet, the nerves finally setting in.

You and Astrid share a look before looking at Hiccup with the same worried expression.

"I have to try." He finally turned around, looking at you. "Y/N, if something goes wrong...just make sure they don't find Toothless and D/N."

You nodded. "Of course. Just... please promise me you'll be okay." You whispered, pulling him into a tight hug.

He went to open his mouth, his arm wrapped around your waist before Gobber turned the corner, making you both pull away.

"It's time, Hiccup." He smiled softly to the boy, pointing into the enclosure. "Knock him dead."

Astrid and you watched as he walked in, placing his helmet on as Gobber slid behind the gate before closing it.

"Show 'em how it's done, my man!" Tuff cheered alongside the others in the group.

You bit at your finger nails, jumping when a hand was placed on your shoulder. "He'll be okay." Astrid reassured.

"Hopefully." You shuddered, the thought of losing him haunting your mind.

"How's the arm holding up?" Gobber asked, looking at your wound.

You looked at the bandage. "Hurts, but, it's better than when I got it." You spoke, Gobber nodding in acknowledgment before walking off.

Hiccup made his way over to the shields and weapons, everyone chatting his name as he picked one of the shields and a small dagger.

"Hrmph. I would've gone for the hammer." Stoick mumbled to Gobber who stood at his side.

He took a deep breath, calming himself before looking at the gate. "I'm ready." He announced, watching as they raised the wooden beam that stopped the doors from flying open.

Once the support was lifted, the Monstrous Nightmare bursted out of its cage, its body ablaze as it crawled along the wall before shooting fire into the crowd, the people dodging its attack as they laughed.

It crawled above Hiccup, before noticing him and getting in the ground to slowly approach him.

Hiccup backs up as it walks forward, dropping his shield and dagger from his hands.

"What is he doing?" Stoick asked himself, perking up.

You sucked in your teeth, your whole body tensing up as you watched with slightly glass eyes.

"It's okay. It's okay." He cooed to the dragon, ignoring everyone's complaints. He held his hands out for the dragon, trying to soothe it the best he can. He took the helmet off his head, throwing it to the ground with a thud. "I'm not one of them.

Everyone gasps and murmurs to each other, unsure on what's happening.

You walked to the gate, placing your hands on the metal as you watched as closely as you were able to, Astrid's hand on your upper back.

"Stop the fight." Stoick demands.

"No! I need you all to see this." He fights back. He holds his hand out for the Monstrous Nightmare, letting it come to him like what he did with Toothless. "They're not what we think they are. We don't have to kill them."

Everyone looks at Stoick before he stands up and yells, "I SAID STOP THE FIGHT!" As he slammed his hammer into the railing, denting it.

This caused the dragon to become agro as it starts charging at the boy.  Everyone watched and gasped in horror, watching as it barely missed Hiccup as he pulled away and run off. "Out of my way!"

"OH MY GODS!" You screamed, watching Hiccup run around the arena.

"Hiccup!" Astrid called out, grabbing an axe off of the wall and using it to push the gate open lightly, enough for you to squeeze through at the bottom.

You got on your back and pushed yourself inside. You watched in horror as he dashed around, yelping and screaming as the dragon blew fire at Hiccup.

He ducked under a blast, running to grab a shield to protect himself before dropping it and running as the Monstrous Nightmare crawled over to him, screaming as he ran off.

Stoick opened the gate behind Astrid, which she bombarded him with questions he couldn't answer at the moment.

"HICCUP!" You called out again, watching for a second before looking at the weapons. You sprinted over and kicked up a mace from the floor, catching it in the air before throwing it as you spun to keep your momentum.

The mace made contact with the dragon, putting its attention onto you as you ran away from it, screaming.

Hiccup stopped and turned to you, eyes wide when he saw you running away. "Y/N!"

Stoick marched to the gate that was in front of Astrid, throwing it open with both hands. "This way!" He called out, motioning for the two of you to head over to Astrid and him.

You dodged the dragons attack, running alongside Hiccup. You made your way to Stoick who caught you before handing you off to Astrid.

Just as the boy was going to make it in, the Monstrous Nightmare spewed fire at the boy, making him stumble over and run back into the arena. He groaned in pain when he fell onto the concrete, throwing his arms over his face when its claws pinned him down.

You gasped, tensing up when you heard the dive bombing sounds of the Night Fury.

Everyone looked around, before seeing the Night Fury blast a hole into the railings, another dragon following in after.

As the smoke cleared, people started to gather around the fencing, climbing on as they watched the Night Fury and the mysterious dragon fight off the Monstrous Nightmare.

"Night Fury!" Gobber gasped, watching as he fought the Monstrous Nightmare.

"What's that other dragon?!" Spitelout asked, glancing between the Night Nadder and Gobber.

Gobber shook his head slightly. "I..I'm not sure.."

The three dragons continued to fight one another, D/N and Toothless double teaming up on the Nightmare. Toothless growled and hissed, standing in between Hiccup and the dragon.

"Hiccup!" You screamed, running over to him before D/N protected you from an attack, placing herself in between.

The Monstrous Nightmare tried to get at the two of you, both dragons snapping at it which made it cower away. Toothless snarled one last time before it cowered away.

The boy got to his feet and made his way to Toothless, pushing his head slightly. "Alright, Toothless, go. Get out of here!" He begged, watching as the Vikings started to flood the arena.

"D/N, leave! You need to go with Toothless." You cried, pushing her head gently as well.

"Night Fury!"

"Get that other dragon!"

"Go! GO!" Hiccup looked over to you with glassy eyes when you both made eye contact.

"Take them alive!"

Stoick watched before grabbing an axe off of the wall, sprinting in.

"Stoick, no!" Astrid cried, trying to stop him.

"No, Dad, they won't hurt you!" Hiccup tried to reason with his father but he didn't listen.

"Stoick, please!" You sobbed. You gasped when D/N started to flare her spikes at the oncoming Vikings, ducking as she shot the spines at them. "D/N, stop!"

Both Hiccup and you gasped in disbelief as D/N tackled Stoick and pinned him to the concrete.

Toothless took the initiative and curled his tail around the two of you, hissing at the Vikings when they tried to get close.

"No, don't! You're only making it worse! D/N, STOP!" Hiccup screamed, pushing down Toothless' wing as it was flared up. Hiccup watched as D/N got ready to fire a plasma blast at Stoick, the gas collecting in her mouth as she growled. "No! NOOOOO!"

She closed her mouth and looked back at the two of you, cooing at Toothless who lowered his guard.

"Get them!" A Viking screamed, punching D/N in the face before pulling her off Stoick.

Hiccup pushed you behind him when they started to jump on Toothless, pressing his face into the ground to get him under control. "No! Please, jus-just don't hurt them!" Hiccup started to make his way to Toothless before Astrid stopped him, grabbing his wrist.

She stopped you from sprinting to D/N's aid. "Please don't hurt them." You weeped, wincing as both dragons whined when they pressed harder on their faces.

"Put them with the others!" Stoick demanded sternly, looking at his son before dragging him into the hall.

You went to follow but you were picked up by Sam. You lashed around in his hold, kicking and screaming as he walked off with you, Astrid and Hilda following behind.

Sam placed you on your feet, holding you by the shoulders so you couldn't run. "What in ODIN'S name where you doing?!" He cried, shaking you slightly. "What's going on?"

You tried peeking over his shoulders, watching as they took D/N and Toothless away. "I need to make sure they're okay!" You squirmed out of his grasp, tearing pouring out of your eyes. "They were just protecting us!"

"The dragons?!" Sam interrupted. "You're more worried about those...creatures, than who was put in danger today; Hiccup? Astrid? The whole town?!"

You shook your head. "They weren't going to hurt anyone! I swear!"

"What about that one that pinned Stoick to the ground?" He stated. "It almost killed him."

"Honey." Hilda interrupted, placing a hand on Sam's shoulder. "Just tell us the truth; did...they, help you and Hiccup tie during training."

You nodded, wiping your eyes as you mumbled incoherent words to yourself. "Yes! Yes, but we didn't want all of this to happen!" You defended Hiccup, looking up at both adults. "Take your anger out on me, just not him. Please."

"I thought you wanted to do this!" Sam sighed, referring to training.

You shook your head rapidly. "I never did! I tried talking to you about it but you didn't listen." You disagreed.

Astrid took a step forward. "She's right." Both adults and you looked at her. "She's never wanted to do this but you thought it's what her parents wanted."

"Astrid's right." Hilda defended you and Astrid. "F/N never wanted to put her in dragon training if she didn't want to. You know what her parents were like."

Sam stood up straight with a huff, walking past the two girls who stood behind him.

Hilda followed shorty after, calling out his name so they could talk.

Astrid looked back at you as she went to follow her parents. "I'll come and find you, okay?" She clarified, running after them when you nodded.

You ran around town, asking anyone that was nearby if they've seen Hiccup.

They all shuddered softly at the name.

You eventually found him, watching as the town left to find the nest. "Hiccup?" You slowly reached out for his back, standing at his side as you rubbed his back in a comforting manner.

"I did this..." He whispered, disappointed in himself.

You shook your head, gently pushing him away from the edge so you could stand in front of him. "No, no no no. This isn't your fault." You reassured, sighing when he glanced at his feet. "I was the one that cut D/N rope first, you followed after me."

He sighed. "Still, if I didn't get first in training none of this would've happened."

You let out a deep huff, pulling him into an embrace. "I'm just glad you're safe." You mustered out, bringing a hand into his hair as you rubbed his back with your other hand.

He hugged back tightly, his chin resting on your shoulder. Pulling away from you, he groaned softly, looking down at the wood. "Why couldn't we have killed those dragons when we found them in the woods?" He looked back up to you with a soft expression before going serious again. "It would have been better for everyone."

"The rest of us would have done it. So why didn't you?..." Astrid startled the two of you, watching as she stood on you right side. She turned to look at both of you, her brows furrowed together. "Why didn't you?"

"I don't know. We couldn't." Hiccup shrugged, turning away from the two of you and slowly pacing around.

"That's not an answer."

"Why is this so important to you all of a sudden?" Hiccup groaned at the blond, stopping after a few steps.

"Because I want to remember what you two say, right now." Astrid, placed a hand on your chest and leaned to Hiccup, pulling away from him and looking at you.

"Oh, for the love of-" Hiccup rolled his eyes and turned to face you both, looking at Astrid as he spoke. "I was a coward! I was weak! I wouldn't kill a dragon!"

Both turned to look at you, waiting for a response. You sucked in a breath before clasping your hands together. "I'm too...too overprotective and gullible? I guess? Doing what I can to keep you safe." You gestured to Hiccup who went pink. "I'm just doing what my parents wanted me to do. I know they wouldn't want me killing a dragon-or any dragons for that matter!"

"You said "wouldn't" that time." Astrid pressed on, wanting to know the true reason behind it.

"Whatever! We wouldn't!" Hiccup sighed, waving his arms around slightly.

"In three hundred years, we're the first Vikings who wouldn't kill dragons!" You exhaled, turning to the wide ocean in front of you three.

Astrid placed a hand on your upper back, a smile creeping in her lips as she glanced between Hiccup and you. "First one's to ride one, though." She brought up, watching your facial expressions change. "So...?"

Hiccup turned to look at Astrid. "...I wouldn't kill him because he looked as frightened as I was. I looked at him, and I saw myself." He muttered, watching her smile get bigger.

"I wouldn't kill her because of the way she was worried for Toothless. She was just making sure that he was okay" You recalled, looking at Hiccup. "I saw myself in her, too."

Astrid's shoulder loosened up, turning to the sea. "I bet they're really frightened now." She sighed, looking at you both with a raised brow. "What are you going to do about it?"

"Eh, probably something stupid." Hiccup shrugged, making you chuckle.

"Good. But you've already done that." Astrid reminded the boy.

An idea popped into your head, grinning as you began to back up. "We're gonna do something crazy!" You laughed, running off with Hiccup on your tail.

"That's more like it!" Astrid smirked, following after.

"Wa-wait! What are we doing?!"

•••

"If you're planning on getting eaten, I'd definitely go with the Gronckle." Fishlegs placed his hands on his hips, almost glaring you down as you stood at one of the cages.

Turning around, you grinned when you saw the group walking over to you. You looked over your shoulder and saw Hiccup by the leaver near the barricaded gate, swaying on the balls of his feet as he waited.

Tuff pushed passed his sister, almost sending her to the floor.  "You were wise to seek help from the world's most deadly weapon." Tuff gloated as he got in your face, going a weird hand motion as he spoke. "That's me."

"Umm..." You glanced at Hiccup quickly who shrugged his shoulders.

Snotlout shoved Tuff to the floor, smiling brightly at you. "I love this plan, babe!" He groaned as he punched himself in the face, thanks to Ruff who pushed passed him.

"I haven't even..." You started, watching as he stumbled off.

"You're crazy!" Ruff gasped, smirking as she glanced at Hiccup. "I bet he likes that..."

"WOW! Umm..."

Astrid pulled her by the hair, smiling as she took her spot in front of you. "So? What is the plan?" She asked, eager to know the plan.

You gestured to Hiccup which made him push down the leaver. Gulping, you threw your hands out before the group could say anything. "Just...don't freak out." You explained, turning to the gate as it opened.

"Okay, maybe too crazy for him." Ruff pointed to you as the gate came to a stop, making the group freeze.

You walked into the cell, gently shushing as you held your arm out, smiling when the dragon approached you in a cautious manner. "You're okay, you're okay." You cooed as you backed up, hand inches away from the Monstrous Nightmare's snout as you led him out of his cage.

The group watched in excitement, except for Snotlout who fiddled with his fingers. He bent down, grabbing a broken spear head off of the floor.

Astrid noticed, slapping his shoulder. "Uh-uh." She shook her head, making him drop the weapon.

Snotlout flinched back when you brought the dragon over, eyes wide as you grabbed his arm, grunting as you forced his arm to move to the dragon. "Wait! What are you--?!" He cried, pulling his hand away when the Monstrous Nightmare huffed.

"Relax, Lout." You reassured the boy, rolling your eyes in a playful manner. "It's okay...you'll be okay, I promise." You grabbed his arm again, replacing your hand with his.

The Nightmare grumbles comfortingly, his eyes dilating when looking at Snotlout.

He let out a laugh, getting comfortable with the dragon. His eyes shot open when you walk off, nervous about you were doing. "Where are you going?!" He called out, eyes still on the dragon.

You walked over to the wooden crates of weapons, which also held some ropes. Pulling them out, you gestured your head to the rope. "I don't want any anyone dying! Gotta make sure you all have something to hold on to." You explained with a smile.

The group turned and noticed three other dragons out of their cages; the Nadder, Zippleback and Gronckle.

"Hiccup, mind helping me get everyone comfortable?" You beamed, walking over to the Nadder as you extended your arm out to her. You smiled, walking her over to Astrid who was also unsure of the idea like Snotlout but, trusted you as you walked the dragon over.

"O-oh! Yeah, of course!" He snapped out of his thoughts and went over to the Gronckle, leading him to Fishlegs when he was comfortable.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

703K 16.2K 57
It's the story of a young Viking. Actually, he isn't that young anymore. He's 23 years old now. His name is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. 8 years ag...
5.5K 188 8
(y/n) is the son of a fishermen who grew up on Berk alongside his best friend Hiccup. Both went through losing a parent during a dragon attack. (y/n)...
67.5K 1K 19
Part 1: Hiccup runs away with Toothless when Gobber announces that he will be killing the Monstrous Nightmare. Three years later, he flys back to Ber...
24.4K 1.1K 17
OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies... Republishing of "How to Fight for Your Dragon" :) ... Ah, Berk. The seasons are mostly cold, the people are a bit...