you are in love ~ jordan bake...

By 629rylee1

Kennedy Johnson has always been independent. She's never needed a man in her life. Jordan Baker is lover boy... More

Jordan & Ken's Soundtrack
1. new boy in town
2. fake date?
3. crenshaw visit
4. bet.
5. school skipper
6. ken & jj time
7. first date
8. junior homecoming
9. disappointment
10. challenge
12. just the coach's son
13. blast to the past

11. you're my best friend

200 9 1
By 629rylee1

Kennedy went to the Bakers after school, she was hoping to hang out with either twin. She didn't care and she was bored.

"Kennedy, what are you doing here?" Coach Baker asks letting her in.

"Um I'm here to see any of your kids," Kennedy responds slightly confused.

"I thought you and Jordan were going to see a movie," Coach Baker explains.

"A movie?"

"That's what he told me this morning," Coach Baker shrugs.

"Oh- the movie! Shoot! I can't believe I forgot, I better get going," Kennedy moves to leave lying.

"Ah ah ah, wait," Coach Baker stops the brunette, "there's no movie is there,"

"Maybe," Kennedy mumbles.

"Well if you find Jordan tell him he needs to become a better liar," Coach Baker tells her, "and Olivia isn't home,"

"Okay, well nice seeing you Coach," Kennedy smiles leaving the beautiful home, immediately texting Jordan.

Kennedy Rae 💗
hey your dad caught you
in a lie
where r u?

Jordan
I'll explain later
I'm busy rn
I'll come over around 7?

Kennedy Rae 💗
sure

Jordan found Kennedy laying in her bed reading just after seven, "hey,"

"Hi," Kennedy smiles and sits up closing her book, "how was your day?"

Jordan ignored her question laying his head on her lap. "That bad huh?" She teases.

"Can you play with my hair?" Jordan asks softly, "please?"

Kennedy rolls her eyes, "I guess, but only if you tell me why you lied to your father,"

"Deal," Jordan sighs closing his eyes as Kennedy starts messing with his semi messy hair. She couldn't help but smile at him being so vulnerable.

"So what happened?"

"I lied because I went to my grandpas house," Jordan answers, "and you know why I kept it from dad they can't be in the same room,"

"Jordan is that really the smartest idea?" Kennedy asks.

"I want to be great, Ken," Jordan replies, "he's going to help me,"

"You don't need him, J," Kennedy assures him , "you're great at football without him,"

"He's going to make my dreams come true, he's going to get me to the NFL," Jordan explains further, "he did that with my dad and I want it too,"

"Okay, so how's it been going then?" Kennedy asks.

"We just watched my game tapes and he told me he doesn't know yet if I have the potential to be great," Jordan tells her.

"I'm sorry, J," Kennedy apologizes, "that sucks,"

"It's whatever," he opens his eyes giving her a smile, "thanks for listening,"

"Of course, and I think you're the best at football, if that helps," Kennedy adds.

Jordan laughs, "it does,"

"Just be careful," Kennedy warns Jordan, "I don't want him to ruin your self esteem,"

"I know," Jordan nods sitting up, "you're seriously the best, Kennedy,"

Kennedy blushes at his compliment and shrugs, "I know,"

They sit in a comfortable silence for a couple of moments before Jordan blurts, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Kennedy's eyes slightly bulge as his words repeat in her mind, will you be my girlfriend?

"What?" She says the first thing that comes to mind.

"I mean I know you wanted us to pause at the talking stage for a bit but I just don't think I can go to much longer without you officially being my girlfriend," Jordan rambles explaining, "I mean you're my best friend,"

"Yes," Kennedy smiles, "I'll be your girlfriend,"

"Did you just say yes?" Jordan asks.

"Yeah," she says shyly.

Jordan smiles cupping her face so he could kiss her.

"So I have a boyfriend now?" Kennedy asks jokingly.

"Yeah," Jordan shrugs going along with it, "and it's the Jordan Baker, you're a lucky girl,"

"That I am," she smiles kissing him again.

Liked by olivia.baker and 12.3k others

ken.johnson: blurry pic for officially being a couple @jordan.baker 🤍

621 comments
olivia.baker: YAY! even if it's my gross brother
-> ken.johnson: he's not too bad ;)

jordan.baker: hey there girlfriend 😘
-> ken.johnson: okay don't embarrass me

jj.parker: holy shit no way

leila.keating: the way that this picture happened and you were 'just friends' blows my mind
-> ken.johnson: 😛

Load more.

Kennedy arrived at Essence Park to help Spencer clean it as an event. Liv forced her to come and Jordan was going to meet her eventually. He was at his grandpas, again.

"Hey Ken, thanks for coming," Spencer greets her as she walks towards him.

"Hey," Kennedy smiles, "I'll always help, what do you need me to do?"

"You could help Liv rake those leaves over there," Spencer points handing her a rake.

"Sounds good," Kennedy nods walking over to her best friend. "Mind if I help you?" Kennedy asks.

"It would be great," Liv smiles, "so I tried getting information from Jordan, but he's a boy and he's lame so how did you guys become official?"

"He pretty much just asked me in my room the other night," Kennedy shrugs simply starting to take the leaves.

Liv groans, "you are just as bad as him with details!"

"There's not much to tell," Kennedy laughs, "I mean he was stressed about you Grandpa and your dad, I was comforting him, and he called me the best and then he asked me,"

"That's better," Liv nods in approval.

"And then he rambled how he always does and I said yes," Kennedy continues, "that was it,"

"Wow, you have made him such a softie," Liv laughs and Kennedy joins in sync, "I know,"

It was two hours later and Jordan still hadn't showed up to the clean up. "Coach!" Kennedy yelled to the man.

"Hey Kennedy, what's up?" Coach asks her.

"Um do you know if Jordan is showing up?" Kennedy asks.

"He's still at his Grandfather, but you can go and see him," Coach offers, "I'm sure he'd love to see you,"

"Okay," Kennedy nods, "where's does he live?"

Kennedy received his location and headed off to the Eldest Baker's home. She hesitated but knocked on the door.

Willie Baker opened the door seeing the brunette and immediately made a connection giving her a look, "Jordan your girlfriend is here,"

"Hey babe," Jordan comes behind his grandpa who goes back into the house.

"Did I come at a bad time?" Kennedy asks, "I can head home,"

"No, you are a lifesaver," Jordan assures Kennedy kissing her cheek gently, "we're just talking right now, I was actually about to leave, but come in,"

Kennedy hesitates but follows him into the house sitting down next to him across from the eldest baker man, "do me a favor, don't ever get diabetes,"

Jordan chuckles, "I'll watch my step,"

"It's my fault, I should be managing it better," Willie Baker shrugs, "I ran out of them strips to check your blood sugar,"

"Why don't you just buy more?" Jordan asks.

"Yeah we could go to a pharmacy pick them up for you," Kennedy offers.

"They're expensive," Willie Baker gives the girl a look, "but a spoiled girl like you wouldn't know,"

"I could help you out," Jordan suggests.

"I'm not your problem, you either um-"

"Kennedy," she gives him his name.

"Your dad doesn't even want you to be here," Willie Baker continues.

"It's- it's not his choice," Jordan shakes his head, "let me help you,"

"It's complicated, my doctor makes me get this specific type," Willie explains, "well i guess if you want to help just this once,"

"I do," Jordan confirms.

"Probably best you give me some cash and I'll order them myself," Willie tells his grandson.

"Okay," Jordan pulls his wallet out of his pocket and pulls out a handful of 20s, "here, I hope this is enough,"

Willie takes the money, "don't tell your dad about this,"

Kennedy's expression drops, he's using Jordan for money. She also notices how Jordan's face did the same thing.

"Uh J, I got to get home and your dad told me to give you a ride, so we should-"

Jordan cuts her off, "um yeah, let's go,"

The car ride back to Beverly Hills was quiet at the start, "damn it, ken, I can't believe him, dad was right,"

Kennedy turned to look at him, "I'm really sorry, Jordan,"

"It's not your fault," Jordan sighs, "and he was treating you like shit, why did I give him the money?"

"Because you're a good guy, Jordan," Kennedy answers, "and he didn't hurt my feelings he's kinda right,"

"Yeah but he's saying it in a judgy way," Jordan rolls his eyes, "we're on the same level with money and he treats you like a spoiled brat but not me,"

"It was one conversation, Jordan," Kennedy pulls her car over, "don't beat yourself up about it, it's okay,"

Jordan grabs Kennedy's hand kissing the back of it gently, "you're perfect,"

"Thanks, you too," Kennedy laughs kissing him, "let's head home,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 872 28
Two college students from two different sides of the country, Olivia Baker and Spencer James meet in the most unlikely way, which makes their budding...
110K 3.4K 34
Jade Baker, a new girl in town, falls in love with 2 sisters who are actually, Her principal and History teacher. And She is forced to choose between...
3.9K 52 11
Kennedy was a sophomore in high school the chief of police's daughter and twin sister to one of the most popular boys in school AJ Sawyer whose best...
970 1 31
Michael Baker was Lucy Miller's hero. After everything that happened in her life, he was the one thing she could count on. His son Dakota, however, w...