Expressionless Awakener

By Alexasuracats

johnson Kim, Real name; Kim Lee A 20 years old expressionless guy and a music artist reincarnated into... More

Prolouge
Prolouge 2
Chapter 1: The bet
Chapter 2: A new school
Chapter 3 : Novel reincarnation?
Chapter 4: A story plan
Chapter 5: 2 years before the incident.
Chapter 6: A Party..?
Chapter 7: The reek of alcohol
Chapter 8: A Ruined Banquet
Chapter 10: A conversation with the system
Chapter 11: A Cave?
Chapter 12: An unexpected occurance
Chapter 13: An awkward meeting
Chapter 14: Is this a kabedon!?
Chapter 15: A class full of hooligans
Chapter 16: Till the plot awaits!
Chapter 17: The group project
Chapter 18: A cave once again...
Chapter 19: Trying out the first time
Chapter 20: Lets get this started!
Chapter 21: A new companion...?
[ 2nd ] NOTE!!
Chapter 22: The Training Site!
Chapter 23: School fight!?
Chapter 24: A Kabedon again!!!??
Chapter 25: Escaping a villain's grasp
Chapter 26: 1 month and half left
!!NEWS!!
Character characteristics!!!
Chapter 27: Loviana Dove's love life and time crosses paths
Posting this cause why not?
Hiatus

Chapter 9: The Hospital Entrance

774 43 4
By Alexasuracats

[ Expressionless Awakener ]

I felt something soft. It was warm like cotton and moved like sheets.

I slowly opened my eyes,
Only to see that I'm in a hospital bed.

I stood up a bit and moved myself in a proper position, but only felt slightest back pain from the sudden movement.

'Im in a hospital..?' I thought.

At that time from the banquet, i thought i was going to die from exhaustion.

'Huh...im.. alive...' I thought as I touched parts of my body.

I sighed of relief.

Suddenly, A bang came through the door.

BANG!

"KIMM!!!!!!" my brother was in shackles, knowing hes step-brother was at the hospital, he quickly banged the door to go inside.

They must've known that i was awake.

I jumped from the sudden bang, The tip of my hair moves to resemble a shock.

"KIMM...." my brother was in tears.

Following along with my brother, My parents and my sister bolted inside the hospital door.

My parents were in shock and were worried.

My sister tried to calm down both my parents and my brother saying that i'll be fine.

"Jeez.. you don't have to be so dramatic, Kim isn't going to die. Didn't the doctor said he only had a few scratches and a few wounds?"
My sister makes an expression as he calms down Michael. [My Step-brother.]

"I was so worried.. Why didn't you leave right after the incident!?" My mom shouted at me as she made a worried face.

"Calm down hon, It wasn't Kim's intention to stay inside the banquet right after the incident." My dad spoke as he calmed down my mom.

Yeah, It wasn't really my intention to stay inside that banquet right after that monster incident. I was too drunk and tired to understand anything during that event.

I looked around the room for a while.

My throat was healed from the doctor's awakened abilities while i was passed out. Along with stitches to cover the wounds on my body.

I didn't even know i had scratches and wounds, nor do i remember having them during the incident.

Maybe, i was too drunk and frightened to feel any pain at that point.

The nurse slowly approached inside the room holding a checklist.

"Hello! My name is nurse Lynn."
The nurse greeted my family.

"I will be checking your son for a while, so if possible, will you all please wait outside the room?" The nurse asked as she took her gloves and put them on.

My family walked out of the room and waited for me outside.

I was a bit confused and at the same time, felt a bit guilty.

The nurse put her hand on my chest and a sudden glow shined through her palms.

'Oh...' I was amazed by the sudden talent.

After the nurse checked on me for a while, She spoke.

"You seem to be fine, Your wounds have healed a bit and the scratches are now gone." She spoke as she took off her gloves away.

"How long have I passed out?" I asked the nurse with my head tilted.

"Oh.. will i guess...you could say.. 3 days." She spoke in a stuttering manner.

'3 DAYS!?' my eyes widened a bit.

Everything became silent and awkwardness filled the room for a while.

...

The nurse asked a curious question to change the awkward atmosphere.
"Oh, By the way, How were you able to defeat the S Class; "ravern of terror" and the rest of the other creatures during the incident?"

"What..do you mean by that.?" I responded back with a confused look, the tip of my hair moved to resemble a question mark.

"Do you not remember?" The nurse responded and asked back in confusion.

"I don't think so..." I answered.

'Why would i remember anything that day? I was drunk at that time. Of course I wouldn't remember anything! thus, even if i wasn't drunk, i would forget the whole entire incident the next day!' I thought expressionlessly.

"What did you mean when i defeated an S Class monster?" I asked the nurse again.

'At least one or two S Class Hunters or tons of A class awakeners can defeat at least one S class monster, so being able to defeat it would be unbelievable, and i wouldn't believe it myself.'
I mumbled silently as i still felt confused.

"Will...It's better if you find out yourself." The nurse smiled gently as she said that.

Suddenly, the door opened and a person with a white cloak walked inside slowly.

"Good morning nurse lynn, I will be inspecting the patient for a while."
The doctor greeted the nurse

"Good morning as well doctor ron, I'm done checking the patient, so i will be taking my leave."
The nurse greeted the doctor and left through the door.

I watched as she slowly walked out of the door.

The doctor sat on the chair that was closer to the bed I was laying.

"Hmm.... You don't feel any pain, do you?" The doctor asked as he inspected me for a while.

"Not really." I responded.

"Hm... Alright, Seems like you're healed enough to be discharged early." The doctor gently smiled.

I was silent for a moment before nodding.

"Oh, And by the way, Congrats." The doctor congratulated me.

I titled my head again and made a confused gesture, along with the tip of my hair resembling a question mark again.

"What do you mean by that, doctor?" I asked as i glanced at the doctor.

"Will... You will see it for yourself." The doctor chuckled.

I was quiet for a moment.

'What did he mean by that.?' I asked myself.

"I will be taking my leave now, If you are feeling any pain, You can rest on the hospital bed." The doctor spoke as he stood up.

I watched as he walked out of the door.

'.....'

'Defeating an S class monster?...and congrats.?' I thought.

I got out of the bed and noticed pieces of clothing which were already prepared.

'Seems like mom prepared the clothing for me.' I thought as i glanced at the prepared clothing.

I took the clothing and dressed myself.

After that, I walked out of the room.

'Hm..? why aren't they here?' I thought as i looked around for my family.

'I thought that they would wait outside the door for me.' I thought as i walked through the hallways.

Finally, I noticed my family at the hospital entrance.

'..huh..? Who is mom talking to..?'
I mumbled curiously.

I slowly walked to the hospital entrance only to see both of my parents talking to two random strangers.

"What's going on?" I asked as i slowly approached them.

The two strangers got excited as they noticed me, along with my brother looking at me excitedly.

"Ah! Kim johnson! It's welcome to meet you!" The first stranger spoke with open arms as he approached me.

'Huh..?' I looked at the two strangers first and looked back at my family with a confusing look.

The tip of my hair moved to resemble a question mark.

'What's going on.? did i do something wrong?' I thought as i tried to remember.

My mom spoke first.
"Kim, Do you not remember these people?"
She asks.

I looked at the two suspicious strangers and shook my head.

"Of course you don't, Even the most famous people will make you easily forget." My sister spoke.

"Famous..?" I glanced back at the two strangers and finally remembered.

'Oh...i finally remembered...'

The first stranger is the principal of the academy; Principal lowen and the second is my own teacher; Ann willow.

My mom spoke as she thought to make a private conversation between me and the two people.
"Well be leaving then."

My mom grabbed my brother's arm and took the family inside the car.

as my mom hushed my brother to be quiet, my brother desperately tried to stay and listen to the conversation but couldn't do so.

I watched them silently as they drove off.

I glanced back at the two people in front of me.

"Why are you both here..?" I asked.

'It's rare for the principal of my own academy to meet an ordinary person like me. Thus I'm an unnoticeable person too, how come did the two strangers from my school came to meet me?'I thought as i looked at them strangely and expressionlessly.

The principal smiled gently

"We are here to give you a gift." He spoke

"A gift.?" I tilted my head confusingly.

'Why would the principle, A high status person give an unnoticeable and poor person like me, a gift?' I thought and asked myself.

He took something out of his pockets and gave me an accessory.

I took and glanced at the small button accessory.

The accessory resembled a galaxy-like design along with a whale resemblance in the middle.

I looked at the principal confusingly.

Teacher Ann spoke first

"Kim....Would you like to transfer to one of the highest classes in the academy?"

'......'

'HUH?'

confusion filled within my thoughts

the tip of my hair wiggled so much from confusion.
5 random dots were circling around my head.

( -Like a loading screen when watching a video- )

My eyes were spinning from confusion.

My teacher coughed.

"I will ask again, Would you like to transfer to another class?" The teacher ann asked again.

I shook my head and shoo'd away my confusion.

I glanced at my teacher and was silent for a moment.

"..Why?" I asked.

"You don't remember..?" My teacher answered.

'It's the same thing that the nurse said in the hospital.'
I thought.

"Can you tell me what happened exactly..?' I asked as i looked at the teacher.

"Will.... You defeated the S class monster back on the day of the banquet."

'Didn't the nurse ask a similar question to that?' I thought.

"How did i defeat it?" I asked silently.

"Will...You defeated it by singing a banned song from the karaoke."

"..."

'No way..'
Suddenly, i remembered the novel.

As i dug up deeply to my thoughts, i realized another thing.

'Is the incident from that day...one of the plots?..'
I thought as i felt nervous.

Suddenly, A blue screen popped out of nowhere!

'Wah!' I jumped but luckily didn't fall.

The two people who were standing in front of me were puzzled from the sudden jump.

I looked at the blue screen.

[ Yup! ]
It read.

'No way..' I read the blue screen and looked down at both of my feet, my eyes widened a little bit and the tip of my hair moved to a shivering state.

'I disturbed one of the plots..?'

'Then what about my normal life..?'

I felt nervous and frightened and the two people in front of me noticed.

"Are you ok, kim johnson?" The principal asked as he makes a face of concern.

I shook my head again and replied;
"Yes.."

"So...what's your answer?" The teacher awkwardly spoke.

I was about to quickly decline the offer but the system popped up and changed the texts.

[ Quest ]
|
| Accept the offer! time: | | 1 : 00 |
|
| Reward: None |
|
| Punishment for failure : Death. |

'...'
I was inevitably shocked while I was still expressionless.

'You've got to be kidding me..'
My eyebrows twitched.

'I remembered vaguely about the system used in the novel. If i don't obey it, I might die again!'

'....'

'I have no other choice...'
I thought as i felt the void in my eyes and
no sparkles with it whatsoever.

I glanced at the teacher who was still waiting for my answer.

"I.. wi-..ll.. ac-..cce-..p-.t-" I stuttered myself and tried to accept the offer.

Before i could finish, my principal spoke.

"Stop pushing yourself, if you don't like the offer, then you can decline the offer." My principal smiled gently.

I glanced at the two people.

"I..will accept your offer." I spoke silently.

I still had the button accessory on my hand so i held it a bit tightly.

"Alright then, I will send your report to the teacher of aurorawhales and transfer you to their class." My teacher smiled gently as she held both her hands.

"Will be leaving then, Take care kim johnson." The principal spoke

They both went to their luxurious car and drove off.

'What the heck..just happened.' I thought as i slowly drooped on the ground.

I was practically alone.

I stood up and looked back at the blue screen, The screen changed.

[ Quest ]
| |
| Accept the offer! time: |
| 0:25 |
| |
| Reward: None |
| |
| Punishment if failed : Death. |
[ ]

'25 seconds...?' I thought.

suddenly, The blue screen changed again.

[ Greetings, Kim johnson. I am the System. ]
It read.

'The system..?' I thought.

'Will...obviously..' I quietly mumbled.

I dazed myself for a while..

'...'

'I should go back to the academy' i thought.

In the end, I left the hospital entrance and took a taxi to the academy.

During the ride, i rewinded what happened at the hospital entrance, and the vivid fragments from the banquet.

'I-.... want to play the guitar.....'
I sighed deeply of regret and exhaustion.

[ Expressionless Awakener ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331K 18.1K 116
"You are too overpowered. Your existence poses a great threat to my son and daughter of fate. I had no other choice but to kill you." This was the v...
47.4K 2K 21
It's a typically cliche stories but it's okay because I GOT REINCARNATED IN A BL NOVEL!! yes, you heard it right?! as a fan im looking forward to thi...
1.1K 22 45
crappy isekai MC's that don't have progress, so, I call them one-shots, despite having an outline and plot that I don't want to write out. "What up...
68.9K 2.6K 46
[That Time I Got Summoned Into Another World And Punched A Crazy Prince] *you don't have to read the original novel to understand the story, but...wh...