From A Myth To Reality (Katak...

由 ItsNattyCakes

Everyone had thought dragons weren't real. The topic was only brought up rarely if at all. There had been sig... 更多

Who Is She?
Afterwards
First Encounter Part I
First Encounter Part II
Stuck In My Head
Her Again?
They're Real?!
Nightmares
Explanation - Part II
Snooping
New Friend?
Aerie The Moth Cat Spy

Explanation - Part I

24 2 0
由 ItsNattyCakes

(The cover picture is a doodle of mine. Don't take it. That would be mean.)

Words : 3160

Whiteout's POV

Whiteout's eyes shot open as Katakuri had shaken her to wake her up. She immediately started coughing, as her breathing was off. Plus, in her dream, she had been strangled to death, so it felt like she had held her breath for hours. Katakuri watched her, a little worried but hid it.

Whiteout eventually managed to stop coughing, her body aching and her breath ragged. Of course Katakuri was still unaware the dragon before him was Whiteout, and she planned to keep it that way.

"Need anything?" Katakuri asked her in an emotionless voice.

Oh? Since when did he show signs of caring?

She simply shook her head. Her body ached and she was in pain, but of course due to being a dragon, she didn't know painkillers exist.

Katakuri gave her a sceptical look.

"You sure?" He asked with an eyebrow raised

Whiteout simply nodded before laying her head back down on the pillow.

Ugh... My head hurts so bad. So much for having at least a tolerable day.

Katakuri then sat down in a chair against the wall beside her bed.

"Mind telling me what language you were speaking in your dream?"

Whiteout immediately tensed up.

Shit. He knows I can speak. But at least he doesn't know the language or that i speak English!

"Nah." Whiteout said without thinking, like always.

GODDAMMIT WHITEOUT WHY CAN'T YOU JUST SHUT UP.

Whiteout was mentally kicking herself while Katakuri raising an eyebrow.

"Ah, so you speak."

"Don't say that like im a dog."

"You practically are."

"If I could kill you I would."

"I could say the same to you."

"And what's stopping you?"

"Curiosity"

"Oh?"

"..."

"You know for someone who admitted to being curious you're quite silent. Normally if someone's curious about something, they ask about it. No. You're just sitting there like I'm suppost to just tell you my secrets like an audiobook."

"You know what an audiobook is?"

"Of course!" Whiteout replied confidently. "They're just... Hard to find." She added quietly.

Sitting up, she looked around the room.

"Where am I?"

"The infirmary."

"Ohhhhh... What's that?"

"Do you seriously not know what an infirmary is?" Katakuri asked, sounding slightly surprised. "No wonder everyone thought dragons had gone extinct."

"That is NOT the reason, thank you very much!" Whiteout retorted, looking at him with a snort.

"Then what is?"

"I... Can't tell you."

"Oh?"

"There are some things better off a secret." Whiteout said looking away from Katakuri and at the wall. She shakily lifted her right wing and held it in front of her to get a veiw of the damage before doing the same to the left.

Katakuri watched her closely, noticing the lack of emotion on her face. It was as if nothing had happended. Either that or she was lost in thought.

I'm not going to be able to sleep regularly for days now, aren't I? I'll try when I get a chance but it might not even be woryh the risk anymore. My mind could send me down memory lane all over again while I'm sleeping. When I said some things are better left a secret I meant it. Left a secret and to be forgotten.

If only it was that easy.

Whiteout hadn't even realized she had zoned out till Katakuri had tried asking her something, snapping her back to reality. She had been staring at the ceiling with her wings limp on either side of her.

"Sorry, what did you say?" Whiteout asked, looking over at an annoyed Katakuri.

"I asked you what your name is."

"I don't think I should tell you."

"If you don't tell me I'll name you myself. And they won't be names you like."

"What? Am I your pet now?"

"More like prisoner."

"How exciting. Not only am I unable to fly but I'll be in a stupid pet cage too." Whiteout said, looking at the ground.

"So, what's your nme before I start calling you whatever comes to mind."

"Name's Whiteout. Yeah, we've met before." Whiteout said, looking over at Katakuri and giving a half wave with a paw.

Katakuri paused, making sure he heard correctly. "We haven't met before. And Whiteout was a human girl. Not an overgrown lizard."

"We're the same person, Legs."

"This is going to be interesting, Hoodiegirl."

"Go get me some clothes to change into."

"What?"

"Just do it. Whatever clothes you humans have would be great."

Whiteout watched as Katakuri sat still for a moment before standing up. He looked annoyed as his eyebrows were furrowed. She guessed he was frowning behind that scarf as he left the infirmary.

At almost the same time, a doctor walked in. Not a nurse, a doctor. It was the same one who patched her up but of course she didn't know that.

"Oh great, you're awake!" The doctor said joyfully, clasping his hands together. "I'll watch over you since Katakuri-san just left." The doctor walked up to Whiteout and started examining her.

I'll do my best not to use English unless I have to. I don't need to draw any more attention then I already have.

"Soo... Uh... Sorry you can't see anyone other than me and Katakuri-san. We plan to keep you as much of a secret as possible."

Wait.

How did they just help me so much.

And not know it?

"Oh yeah! What do you eat? I don't know if pet food will do... Dog treats...? Oh, right, in movies (yes they have movies) dragons eat raw fish!"

Raw... Fish...? I mean, how bad could it be...?

"I'll go get you some water and painkillers too, don't worry."

And like that, the doctor walked off.

So much for watching me while Katakuri was gone.

Wait, painkillers?

THEY HAVE DRUGS?

"No, Whiteout, calm down, they won't put you through that hell again. Just forget the incident. Remember, they saved you why would they-... Alright, new topic." Whiteout told herself, not really realizing she was thinking out loud.

Little did she know Katakuri was listening outside the door.

"Wait, where did they put my neck pouches? I swear if they did something to them I will kill them the second I get a chance-" She was cut short by a knock on yhe door.

Katakuri didn't really want to hear the rest of that twice.

Stepping inside the room, he saw Whiteout sitting up looking at him with a confused look before spotting the pile of clothes in his arm.

"Here, overgrown lizard."

"I prefer Hoodiegirl. Or, ya know, maybe my name?"

"Good to know, lizard."

"Thanks, Legs." She took the clothes from him before pausing. "Uh... Can you leave for a minute? I need some privacy."

With a huff, Katakuri left the room yet again, leaning on the extremely tall door to make sure no one went inside.

Whiteout then slid out of the bed, a little unsteady on her feet but managed by using her wings to help with balance. She the started to transform into her human form, leaving her more drained than before.

Oh, would ya look at that? My bandages shifted to fit my body while I transformed!

She then started to get dressed before she started to notice something.

Wait.

First off, these are huge.

It's nice he gave me a hoodie and sweatpants but really.

There is no way I'll be able to walk around without these falling down.

The huge hoodie though I can work with.

Secondly there's no bra.

I don't expect him to have one obviously but doesn't he have a sister or something?

Pretty odd looking panties...

I just won't say anything...

And maybe if I wore the hoodie like this it could help hide a bit? As long as I don't get cold, which it should be easy to stay warm in this outfit.

What am I going to do about these sweatpants?

Putting them on and rolling up the pantlegs to at least her ankles, Whiteout decided that would have to do. She tossed the hood over her head and hollared.

"Come in!"

Katakuri stepped inside the room and froze as soon as he saw her. He quickly shook his head and walked over to her, using his arms to nudge her towards the bed.

"You shouldn't be standing yet." He said coldly as Whiteout shook her head.

"No! I wanna stand and walk around! Who are you to tell me what to do?"

"The doctor would tell you to rest too."

Just then, the doctor stepped in.

Speak of the devil.

As soon as he saw the bed was empty, the doctor froze.

"Uh... Katakuri-san, the dragon is gone."

"I see that. Do you think I'm a dumbass? Whiteout isn't gone, she's right here. Not doing what I told her to." Katakuri said, sidestepping so the doctor could see Whiteout.

"Oh... OH! SHE SHAPESHIFTS?!" The doctor exclaimed before clearing his throat. "Pardon, this is just surprising. Also, good to know she has a name."

"So you don't want to eat fish?" The doctor asked, turning to Whiteout.

"Well... What do you have other than fish? I don't know what foods you humans have." Whiteout said, smiling nervously.

"You could have soup?" The doctor suggested with a shrug.

"Soup?" Whiteout echoed, confused. There weren't a lot of words like these she had studied.

"Yeah, it's a lot of veggies, meat, and broth most the time." He explained.

"Oh, soup! We call it something else in my hometown." Whiteout said, excited.

"Like what?" The doctor questioned, while Katakuri just raised an eyebrow at her.

"We call it Raikou. It's draconic for soup." Whiteout explained.

"Neat. Alright I'll go get your soup now." The doctor said, walking away.

Whiteout sat on the edge of the bed, sighing heavily.

"So, Dragonlady, what other secrets are there? Why did you suddenly appear now and why Totto Land?" Katakuri asked in a cold voice. He was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"I can only answer a bit, but I'll answer what I can. I chose to run away. You see,  ma while ago I ran from the Sky Archipelago and fojnd myself in Wano. I was going to leave Wano alone but Yamato looked miserable so I took him wigh me. As in I stole him. He was happy... Just didn't admit it. Now I'm here!" Whiteout ended joyfully, raising her hands and dropping them against her lap.

"So you... Kidnapped Yamato? Kaido's son?" Katakuri repeated, making sure he heard her right.

"I wouldn't really say kidnapped... More like Did something risky that made him happy without permission." Whiteout said, trying to make it sound better.

"By kidnapping him." Katakuri said blankly.

"God dammit-When you put it like that it sounds bad!" Whiteout said angrily.

"Because it is bad!" Katakuri retorted in an annoyed voice.

Instead of replying, Whiteout started messing with her clothing to try and make it fit better. She sprouted wings under her shirt and let them hang, making the hoodie fit a little better and be less likely to fall down. Her pants were helpless though. She just had to be careful with her movements and such.

I would love a real set of clothes but I don't want to be rude either.

Katakuri, on the other hand, noticed this. "Clothes too big?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well yeah! Look at you, you're huge, in what world would your clothes fit me?"

Katakuri simply just grunted and looked away.

"I don't even know why I'm still here in the infirmary. I can walk, so isn't that good enough to be tossed into whatever dungeon you have for me?" Whiteout asked angrily.

"Wait."

"What do you mean 'wait?' There's nothing to wait for."

"For the doctor, dumbass."

Whiteout went silent.

Dumbass. Yeah, sounds about right. That's me. Whiteout the dumbass, Whiteout the failure, Whiteout the murderer... Test subject...

No.

Don't go down memory lane.

You can't.

Not yet.

Or else...

You'll cry in front of Katakuri.

Wait why does that matter? Shame? Do I not want his worry? It's kind of pathetic to cry in front of people.

No, Whiteout, it's pathetic to cry in general.

That's why your weak.

A failure.

Because you can't go a single night without crying at least once.

But that's normal, isn't it? I'm just overreacting, aren't I? Of course I am. People go through hard times left and right, so this is normal. Which is why you have to deal with it alone. Don't tell people about your problems because then they'll shun you. If  you tell your friend something that makes them question your sanity, then they won't be your friend anymore. Because that's how the world works. No one really cares. They just use you.

"Whiteout, helloooo. Earth to Whiteout, you there?" The doctor asked, waving a hand in front of Whiteout, snapping her back to reality.

Dammit, I have to stop doing that.

"Sorry about that. What is it?" Whiteout asked, looking over at the doctor.

"I have some medication for you to take." The doctor said, walking over to Whiteout holding a glass of water and a few pills.

Whiteout hesitantly took the glass of water and pills, using the water to wash the pills down.

"What now?" She asked, setting the now empty glass down on the bedside table.

"Just wait." The doctor replied. "It should kick in soon." He added, glancing at Whiteout.

Why is his expression slightly apologetic?

Then it hit her. Her body went numb and she suddenly felt dizzy.

"Wh-what did you do?!" She questioned, stumbling forward. She felt like the world was spinning, and it was getting progressively harder and harder to keep her eyes open.

What's going on?! I swear to God if i wake up in some cage I will strangle them myself!

She managed to stop herself from falling forward, just to start falling backwards. She was caught by Katakuri, who was just staring at her blankly.

Whiteout glared up at his crimson eyes as her world slowly faded. Her eyes soon rolled back and her body went limp, her head falling backwards.

~3 hours later~

Whiteout found herself in a dark room on the ground. She had chains connected to clasps that bound her wings together. She had a clasp on each ankle or wrist.

I mean... It's not a cage at least...

She forced her body to stand up, staggering before she was fully up.

This is way too familiar. Way too similar for my liking.

Whiteout was dragging her body to the door when her chains stopped her, causing her to fall forward with a thud.

She just lay there, sighing heavily. She closed her eyes.

I'm going to die here, aren't I?

I lucked out the first time but I won't get lucky again.

I may be hard to kill but im not invincible.

One strike to the neck and I could be as good as dead.

Right in front of her, the door began to open, and the first thing she saw was a pair of crimson eyes. Then it was the legs as she took in how tall he was.

He stood there for a second before kicking Whiteout to move her away from the door. She grunted in pain as she was sent tumbling across the hard ground. Meanwhile, Katakuri stepped inside and shut the door behind him. He flipped the light switch, turning on a single light in the small room.

"You didn't have to kick me" Whiteout hissed.

"You didn't move when I approached." Katakuri said like it was obvious.

"Fuck you." Whiteout hissed in pure anger.

"Watch your mouth before I make you." Katakuri warned

"Make me." Whiteout challenged.

Katakuri huffed in annoyance before kicking Whiteout again. Whiteout let out a small grunt of pain as she felt the tip of his shoe hit her side.

"Tell me, where is the rest of your race?"

"Like hell I'd tell you. I'd rather die than betray my people!"

Especially not after everything we went through to survive.

"Oh, no, don't think you have a choice here."

What is that suppost to mean?

"Don't you think you can just kill me and find another dragon. I'm not as replaceable as you think."

"I never said you were."

"Then what are you trying to say, hm?"

"I'll get the information out of you one way or another."

"Oh you just wait till im all healed up. You'll be regretting everything you're saying when I have my talons to your neck." Whiteout hissed.

"Does the sea prisim stone not weaken you?"

Sea prisim stone? Is that a food or something? Doesn't sound like it would be tasty...

"And what is sea prisim stone?"

"You know. Stone that makes Devil Fruit eaters weak. How do you not know?"

"I don't know, maybe because im a dragon?"

"Hmph. Tell me how you transform then."

"I'm telling you, it's not a fruit or whatever you called it! It's just an ability every royal dragon has!"

Shit, now he knows I'm royalty.

"Where do you come from, Overgrown Lizard?"

"I don't know, where do you come from, Legs?"

"Answer the question or I'll kick you until you do."

"I wanna see you try." Whiteout challenged, eying him.

Katakuri swung a foot back and kicked Whiteout right in the collarbone. She had tried to catch his foot with her hand, but chains were making it extremely difficult. Instead, she was sent tumbling across the ground once more. She hit the wall with a quiet groan.

Come on, quit letting him know it hurts! Quit showing pain, Whiteout! Quit being weak or it'll kill you!

"I would never betray my tribe." Whiteout hissed, her voice full of determination.

"Oh, so there's a tribe. Are there more or just yours? What makes a tribe different from the others?"

"Answering your questions would be betrayal. Why can't you get that through your hea-" She was cut off as Katakuri had walked over to her and kicked her away from the wall. She was sent flying into the corner.

"You either give us the information today or I lock you up and do this every day until you let go of your secrets." Katakuri threatened.

"Be my guest." Whiteout challenged with a grin.

-----------------------------
Sorry this chapter is so late. Life popped up, but I tried to make it a little bit longer as a little apology for the delay. But hey! I have a break from everything briefly so I'll be writing more.

Also, please read the story description if you haven't in the past few days. This is my first story so I'm still sorta just making it up as I go, so there will in fact be changes and scattered schedules.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

82.2K 2.8K 53
Croissant was looking at the scarf wearing young man that just threw his trident towards her, the young man had magenta hair, his crimson eyes was no...
171K 6.2K 55
"Most people want to be circled by safety, not by the unexpected. The unexpected can take you out. But the unexpected can also take you over and chan...
152K 4.6K 81
Fae is beautiful, sweet, and kind and loved by everyone who meets her. That would be the case if people knew she existed. What is she to do with a br...
160K 6.8K 71
Who knew that Marine Admiral Sakazuki had a daughter. Yet this daughter was unknown to the world. A girl who had tried to gain her father's admirat...