Dream (Wish 2)

By Rey_of_Light

Where one story ends, another begins. When one sets their wish as a goal, it is no longer a wish. It is a dre... More

The Successor
The Wishing Star
The Next Morning
The Philosopher
Conflict Manifested
When Dreamers Dream
Cursed in Fear
The Fairy Godmother
A New Dream
Bonus Scene

Author's notes

69 0 1
By Rey_of_Light

This is my first fanfiction.  I was tired of all the criticism Wish was receiving.  All movies have criticism but this felt different.  The people kept complaining the concepts were better than the final product.  I don't doubt some concepts were cool, but I could see why Disney excluded them. I thought I was the only one who saw past the criticisms, but then I found YouTuber MarionetteAngie. She explained why Disney made the right call with the final product.

Click the External link to watch her video.

I wanted to make something that fans and critics could be satisfied with.  With all the talk about Starboy, I thought, "Who says he can't come after?" Most Disney romances happen sometime after our protagonist wishes upon a star, so saving Starboy for a sequel made sense.

Searching for inspiration, I looked up storyboards of Asha and Starboy created by various YouTubers.  Some of them were so beautiful, I had to incorporate them into my story.  Another inspiration was the song "A Wish Worth Making".  One line says, "Even kings and queens daydream to be free from their royal chairs," I thought that could be Amaya's story after Wish. She needs a successor and that is where Queen Asha comes in.

All great stories include a conflict, which one must learn and grow from. Wish was about being able to have the chance at your dream. Dream is about how you take that chance.  Sometimes the past can come back to haunt you, mentally or physically. In this story, it was both. Disney in the past, hasn't had the best time with writing returning villains in their animated movies so I thought I would give it a shot with Magnifico.

The sad truth is that Wish may never receive a sequel because of its box office score.  But that is what fanfiction is for.  I hope you enjoyed Dream, my sequel to Wish.  Please share your thoughts in the comments.  Every now and then, I hop on to fix up my wording and dialogue choice so it fits how the characters would talk.  I wrote this with the mentality of making a movie, so I expect some reviews, criticism, or comments from my audience. Please share. I would love to hear it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 9.1K 52
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
4K 80 7
The Yu-gi-oh 5ds version of Sleeping Beauty I had this previously uploaded but someone hacked into my account and deleted it so if any one was readin...
19.5K 504 18
Once the spacebridge was completed Optimus Prime and his Autobots decided to remain on earth.One thing was missing from Optimus' life and that was lo...
1.7K 115 51
Come one, come all, and witness this idiot progress through drawing with multiple gaps between their art development!!