Wolf and a Fox.

By Skyarcher07

Takes place during the events of the IDW series. More

Part 2
Angel Island
Miniseries part 1
Miniseries part 2
Miniseries part 3
Miniseries Finale
Metal Virus part 1
Metal Virus part 2
All or Nothing
Out of the Blue.
Silver
Mini Dubs
Thunderstorm
Urban Warefare
Reinforcements Arrive
Tower Tumbles
Plan B? Oh NO!
Duo the Cat
A hunt for Mimic
Surges turning point?

Betrayal

302 4 0
By Skyarcher07

Y/N- A member of the diamond cutters for 2 weeks now, they are an anthropomorphic fox with unspecified fur, eyes, tail and hair color leaving it up to the reader. Unlike traditional Diamond cutter gear they wear ankle high azure black boots, fingerless green gloves allowing them to use Wispons better, black shorts with a wisp canister beside them, a black long-sleeved shirt with a black hoodie over it, they wear a mask that looks like a fox with cream, dark gray and light gray in color, they have a scope in the single red eye helping them aim and hiding their face. They use a modified Burst Wispon (Modeled after the Red wisp, the Burst Wispon is a red-colored that has a fireball-shaped frame that is held together by several black nozzles. These nozzles are attached to a white barrel. It also has three holes on its front, keeping with the Red Wisp-motif. It also has a black handle on the back that allows the wielder to hold it in a comfortable grip.) This one is unique because it has blue stripes along the grip and can switch from flame thrower or all the three holes can come together to pull off a precision shot. Y/N uses a red wisp named Redster. Y/N is usually quiet and has not been heard to even mutter a single word since their time during the Eggman-Resistance war, they are a complex thinker and prefer to stay out of the spotlight, staying back and scouting with Whisper, but has a very big temper, often lashing out and staying angry for a while when angered. Second scout.

Whisper- Whisper is an anthropomorphic wolf with biscotti fur that covers most of her body, and brown skin that covers her muzzle, inside of her ears, arms, upper torso, and front torso. She has thick black eyelashes and cloudy white fur around her eyes that resemble a mask. Her eyes are cadet blue, although they are often closed to the point of squinting. She wears light gray eyeshadow and has a long, bushy tail which ends in several tufts of fur sticking out in various directions. She also has a black nose, long-pointed ears and quite long hair that she keeps tied at the back in a ponytail with a black hair tie, save for a long, thick hair bang that covers her right eye. Her pointed cheeks are a little fluffy. Her fangs protrude from her mouth which is often in a natural frown. For attire, Whisper wears a cream-colored tube top, light gray leggings, and a dark gray cloak, in which she keeps six canisters. The cloak also has black and dark gray pockets seen on the shoulders. Whisper wears an outfit geared towards combat. This includes dark gray arm sleeves with black elbow pads, dark gray and light gray gloves with visible dark brown claws, and dark gray knee sleeves and black knee pads. She sports military-fashioned black, dark gray, and light gray boots. She can sometimes be seen wearing her cat-like ornate mask scope, which is cream, dark gray and light gray in color. Three holes are seen at the right side of the mask and a blue "eye" on the left side. First scout.

Smithy- Smithy was a large, brown-furred, anthropomorphic lion with bright brown eyes, a black nose, rounded ears and white hair on his light brown muzzle. He had a large, dark brown mane with the lower part of it held by a black beard tie. He had light brown fur on his chest and long tail with a black hair tie near the paintbrush-shaped side of his tail tuft. Smithy wore an outfit that matched that of the other Diamond Cutters a black cloak, black arm sleeves and gloves with light gray palms, and light gray boots with dark gray toes and soles. For missions, he would wear a cream cat-like ornate mask, which left his muzzle exposed, with gray markings on its ears and the mask's right side. The mask features three holes on the left side set in a triangular pattern and a dark gray and pink "eye" on the right side. The crafter.

Slinger- Slinger was a teal-furred, anthropomorphic ocelot with pink eyes and a dark pink nose. He had triangular ears with tan canals and had white fur on his muzzle, chest and tail tip. He also had turquoise markings on top of his head, above his eyes and his tail. For attire, Slinger wore a large, gray and dark gray poncho and a similarly colored military beret, which he hung on his right ear, as well as a dark gray belt with revolver holsters. Like the other Diamond Cutters, he wore dark gray gloves with gray palms and gray boots with dark gray toes and soles. For missions he would wear a cyan, black and gray monocle-like eyepiece with a white wire on his left eye. The Marksman

Claire Voyance- Claire was a short, green-furred, anthropomorphic howler monkey with light green skin. She possessed light yellow eyeshadow and lipstick. She had longer fur on the the top and the sides of her head and a long, curly tail. For attire, Claire wore a cream dress with four black buttons on the top level, gray leggings and a gold earring on each ear. Claire wore a military outfit that matches the other Diamond Cutters: a black, hooded cloak, tall, black gloves with gray palms, and gray boots with dark gray toes. For missions, she would wear a circular cream mask with a gray lower part. The mask had three holes at the center and a circular, green "mouthpiece" with a black marking surrounding it. The spy-op

Mimic- Mimic is a blueish violet anthropomorphic mimic octopus. He has a large, sagging head with six small protrusions at the top and four long tentacles with dark blueish violet tips that extend from his head down to nearly his ankles. Suction cups can be seen on both his hands and feet. Mimic has white eyes with black sclera and has a white chocolate muzzle beak. As a member of the Diamond Cutters, Mimic's skin was white and lacked the markings on his muzzle. His attire matched that of his fellow teammates. He wore a dark gray long-sleeved top underneath an undamaged cloak, dark gray gloves with light gray suction cups on the palms and fingers and gray military-style boots with dark gray toecaps. For missions, Mimic would wear a circular cream mask with a gray line on the left-hand side. A blue "eye" surrounded by a black marking also exists on the left-hand side, whilst the right has three holes in a triangular pattern. The infiltrator.

Diamond cutters HQ...

Mimic is seen over a plan of a Eggman bunker, pointing to it. Smithy and Slinger were next to him, Claire and Whisper were nearby listening, Y/N was leaning against the wall listening to what Mimic was saying.

Mimic: And taking it down would be a total blackout for his entire forces along the coastline! Eggman's been steam rolling the world with the Hedgehogs M.I.A we can't pass this up!

Claire turns to Whisper while Smithy and Slinger talk with Mimic.

Claire: Hey, you two hang back like you usually do?

Y/N's ears perk up at this as they shift their mask over their face.

Whisper: Why? Mimic says were all needed on the ground for this.

Claire: I'm... not sure just got a bad feeling.

Whisper: You're the psychic, should we scrub the op?

Claire: No, Mimics right, we can't let this opportunity pass, we'll just have to be extra careful, and I'll scry really hard.

Whisper laughs at this.

The screen shows Y/N's Pov in from their mask, the others have already gone inside, Y/N had a sinking gut feeling in their stomach as Smithy said that there was absolutely no resistance inside. Whisper and Y/N were up on a cliff just a short while from the base in view, Whisper was aiming through her orange wispon rifle making sure the area was clear if the rest of the team needed to make a quick getaway.

Whisper: Hey, Y/N, you okay? You seem quieter than usual.

Y/N remains silent, adjusting their mask slightly and keeping their gaze focused on the base below.

Whisper: (softly) I know you don't like talking much, but if something's bothering you, you can always talk to me. We're a team, remember?

Y/N's ears twitch slightly, but they still don't say anything, their focus unwavering.

Whisper: (sighs) Okay, I get it. Just know that I'm here for you if you need anything. We've got each other's backs, always.

Y/N nods slightly in acknowledgement, but still doesn't say a word. They continue to watch over the base, their thoughts consumed by the mission at hand.

Smithy's voice then comes out of Whispers mask.

Smithy: Whisper? Y/N? Any one inbound?

Whisper: All quiet out here.

Y/N's starts becoming stressed, their tail waving around in agitation, they just couldn't shake this bad feeling out.

Whisper notices Y/N's agitation and reaches out a hand, gently rubbing behind Y/N's ears. Y/N's ears twitch slightly at the touch, and they let out a small sigh as the soothing gesture begins to calm them down. Whisper continues to rub behind their ears, the repetitive motion helping to ease Y/N's nerves as they focus on the comforting sensation. Y/N's tail gradually stops waving around as they relax under Whisper's gentle touch, the bond between them as teammates and friends providing a sense of reassurance in the midst of the mission. Whisper gives a reassuring smile, knowing that their silent teammate appreciates the gesture, and they both turn their attention back to monitoring the situation at hand.

Suddenly the Diamonds cutters voices ring out of both their masks.

Smithy: FIRE AT WILL!

The two hear a few wisp shots before they hear Smithy's blood curdling scream as his com goes silent.

Slinger: MIMIC! WHISPER! Y/N! We need evac!

His com goes silent.

Claire: Mimic where are you?!

Her com goes silent.

As Whisper's face turns pale with fear, she looks at Y/N, whose masked face remains unreadable, but their tail waving betrays their own fear. Their eyes meet, a silent exchange. Despite their silent nature, Y/N's fear is evident in the way their tail twitches uncontrollably, a stark contrast to their usual composed demeanor.

Whisper touches her com button.

Whisper: Smithy... Slinger, Claire?! Mimic?

The com stays silent.

Y/N presses their mask as they look through Mimics perspective from his mask revealing him with Eggman.

Eggman: Well, done Mimic! I wasn't sure you'd deliver but I'm delighted that you made the smart choice.

Mimic: By my estimate you'll have ninety nine percent of the planet in a month, and I prefer to play for the winning team. And I'm free to go as promised?

Eggman waves his hand not looking away from his monitor.

Eggman: Yes, yes, you've earned your pardon for your crimes against me go and do whatever it is you do.

Mimic's blue wisp pops out of Mimics canister and floats up to Eggman angrily before escaping through a ventilation shaft.

Mimic: I suppose I'll be moving on without my wisp.

Eggman: Their a lot more trouble than they seem trust me. Now let me see.

Eggman looks at the monitor.

Eggman: My Shadow Androids report three targets down! There were six of you!

Mimic: Y/N and Whisper are just scouts no harm to you-

Eggman: Finish the job or I'll finish you!

Y/N lets go of the button returning it to their view.

Y/N's masked face contorts in anger as they slam their fist on the ground, a low growl escaping from behind the mask. The sudden display of emotion catches Whisper off guard, her eyes widening in shock at Y/N's outburst. Y/N's tail lashes behind them, their whole-body tense with rage as they process the betrayal of their teammate.

Whisper: Y/N? What's wrong.

Y/N (softly): Their dead.

Whisper: What?

Y/N's hands move swiftly to pull off their mask, revealing their face for the first time to Whisper. Their expression is twisted in anger and sorrow, their eyes burning with intensity as they stare at Whisper. And then, in a quiet yet intense voice, Y/N responds to Whisper, their words filled with raw emotion and fury, conveying the depth of their pain and betrayal.

Y/N: Their dead! Mimic betrayed us!

Whispers eyes widen at this not believing this.

Y/N's ears pricked up as they heard distant footsteps approaching. Without hesitation, they swiftly grabbed Whisper and hoisted her up into the low-hanging branches of the nearby tree. With a quick motion, Y/N leaped up into the tree, landing gracefully on a sturdy branch beside Whisper.

Whisper looked at Y/N with wide eyes, silently questioning the sudden urgency. Y/N put a finger to their lips in a gesture of silence as they peered through the leaves, scanning the area below for any sign of danger. The footsteps grew louder, closer, and Y/N's heart raced with anticipation.

Mimic limps over into view disguised as Slinger appearing to be injured to draw them out.

Mimic: Whisper, Y/N? H-Help. We were ambushed, I barely got out alive.

Whisper's eyes light up with relief at the sight of Slinger, a small smile playing on her lips as she begins to climb down from the tree. However, before she can even descend, Y/N's firm grip on her arm stops her in her tracks. Whisper turns to look at Y/N, confusion written across her face as she sees the seriousness in their eyes.

Y/N's expression is stern, a silent warning in their gaze as they shake their head slightly, indicating for Whisper to stay put. Despite the concern evident in Whisper's eyes, Y/N's protective instinct kicks in, unwilling to take any chances after the betrayal they had just experienced.

In the end, Whisper reluctantly nods in understanding, placing her trust in Y/N's judgment as she remains perched in the safety of the tree, her gaze fixed on Slinger below with a newfound wariness.

Mimic picks up Whispers Wispon rifle on the ground and looking arounds.

Mimic: They abandoned us? I mean they would have heard everything.

Mimic transforms into his self.

Mimic: If they ran the minute things went bad, they could be a click from here in any direction. Eggman's gonna fillet me alive!

Y/N wanted to pounce on Mimic, they wanted to kill him, every fiber of their being told them to make him suffer, but they stayed hoping Mimic would go away.

Mimic: Then again, I have Whispers wispon, he wouldn't know the difference between mine and her mask, and I could just say I kicked Y/N down a really deep pit. I could turn these in as proof, that gets Eggman off my back and there's nothing to fear from a couple of unarmed cowards... Ha... it should be criminal to be this smooth.

Mimic walks away carrying Whispers wispon while whistling.

Y/N and Whisper sat perched in the tree, their bodies tense with anticipation as they waited in silence. Y/N's masked face was unreadable, a mix of anger, sorrow, and determination evident in their eyes as they scanned the area below for any sign of danger. Their tail twitched sporadically, a sign of their inner turmoil and conflicting emotions.

Whisper, on the other hand, had a mix of relief and wariness in her expression. Her eyes flickered between the ground below and Y/N, her trust in her teammate unwavering as she stayed put in the safety of the tree.

Hours passed, the sun began to set, casting a warm glow over the surrounding landscape. Y/N and Whisper remained still, their senses heightened as they listened for any movement or sound that could indicate a threat. The tension in the air was palpable, a sense of unease lingering between the two Diamond Cutters as they waited for the opportune moment to climb down from their hidden perch.

Finally, as the last light of day faded, Y/N gave a subtle nod to Whisper, signaling that it was safe to descend. With calculated movements, they made their way down from the tree, their eyes scanning the area one last time for any lingering danger.

Whisper followed suit, her movements cautious and deliberate as she landed on the ground beside Y/N.

Whisper: Y/N...

Her orange wisp comes out of her canister nuzzling into her face trying to calm her.

Redster comes out of their canister and floats in front of Y/N.

Without a word, Y/N's fist clenched tightly as they turned to the tree beside them. With a sudden burst of raw emotion and fury, they swung their arm forward, their fist connecting with the rough bark of the tree with a resounding thud. The impact reverberated through their arm, the pain of the blow fueling their rage even further.

The tree trembled under the force of Y/N's punch, the bark splintering and cracking under the pressure of their anger. Their eyes blazed with intensity, a fierce determination in their expression as they poured all their pent-up emotions into the powerful strike.

As they withdrew their hand, a deep growl escaped from their throat, a primal sound of frustration and betrayal echoing through the quiet forest. Y/N's chest heaved with each ragged breath, the weight of their emotions heavy upon them as they struggled to come to terms with the harsh truth of their fallen teammate's betrayal.

Whisper watched in silence, her own orange wisp hovering beside her in a show of support. She could feel the intensity of Y/N's emotions radiating off of them, her own heart breaking for their silent companion in their moment of turmoil. As the echoes of Y/N's punch faded into the night, a heavy silence fell over the clearing, the only sound the rustle of leaves in the gentle breeze.

Whisper walks over to the edge of the slope.

Whisper: I'm... gonna go get the wisps their still in there, you want to help me?

Y/N turned towards Whisper, their masked face betraying none of the emotions swirling within them. They walked up to her, their posture stiff with determination as they showed their willingness to help retrieve the wisps. Their eyes met Whisper's, a silent understanding passing between them.

Y/N and Whisper had made their way into the bunker finding the wisps all scared floating in the corner huddled together, the blue wisp sees Whisper and floats over to her, the rest of the wisps following as they begin talking in their language. Whisper and Y/N's masks allow them to understand the wisps.

Blue: Whisper it was horrible, Mimic he-

Whisper: I know...

Y/N was standing off to the side as Whisper conversated with the wisps. Redster pops out of his capsule.

Redster: Are you okay?

Y/N stays silent shifting their mask to cover more of their face.

Redster looks up at Y/N, concern evident in his gaze. Despite their stoic demeanor, Y/N's mask couldn't hide the turmoil within them. Redster floats closer to them, his red wispy form swirling gently in the air.

Redster: You don't have to carry this burden alone, Y/N.

Y/N remains silent, their masked face betraying none of their inner turmoil.

Whisper finishes comforting the wisps, her heart heavy with the weight of their shared trauma. She turns to Y/N, concern etched in her features as she approaches them.

Whisper: Y/N... lets go, were gonna get Smithy's protype back at the base and then well make Eggman and Mimic pay.

Y/N nods without any emotion.
Clove Sea...

Y/N and Whisper sat in silence as Y/N rowed the dingy, they had a long way before they would make it to the HQ. The wisps were asleep in their capsules.

HQ...

Y/N stayed with the dingy tying the rope to a rod while Whisper went to go get Smithy's prototype. After a few moments Whisper comes back with the Variable Wispon. (The Variable Wispon is a uniquely designed. Instead of being designed after the anatomy of a Wisp, it is instead umbrella shaped. The bottom of it is hooked to allow users to grip it properly. Along the light gray neck of the weapon are two rounded white, black, and light blue studs. Very noticeably near the end of the Wispon is a large, rounded light blue, black, and white piece which has an open segment. The mouthpiece is quite long and gray in color, with a light blue end. The Variable Wispon is a very unique type of in more ways than one. Unlike standard Wispons, which are designed for clearing out crowds of robots, the Variable Wispon is designed for precision shots which cause less widespread damage, but more intense impacts. In addition, instead of being restricted to using just one specific wisp breed to power it, it can use the power of multiple Wisp breed. However, it can only house one Wisp breed at a time. When a Wisp is used, they become pure energy. Depending on the Wisp powering it, the Variable Wispon can assume a specific weapon mode with its own unique power.)

Whisper cradles the Variable Wispon in her arms hugging it close. Y/N remains silent staring at the Variable Wispon, a hint of guilt crossing both of them, maybe if they were there, they could have saved them, maybe they would still be here.

Y/N begins untying the dingy as Whisper steps on, Y/N gets on and pushes the dingy off as it floats above the water and begins rowing away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251 2 12
Discontinued due to a new story I'm working on and to be honest I just don't like how this has turned out.
13.1K 280 41
N x reader A series of coincidences at some point becomes fate.
112 8 12
(Reupload since I lost password to my previous wattpad account) Rika Furude has experienced tragedy for over one hundred years. One fateful night, he...