Inferno | Bbangsaz

Oleh evelyn_caramel

❝I've loved you until death. But in the end I didn't die.❞ Hanni's world shatters when her husband is killed... Lebih Banyak

Ciao
Personaggio
Prologo
1 | Armless Wolf
2 | Marriage of Death
3 | Outrunning Car
4 | Overturning Events
5 | Hug my neck
6 | Practice
7 | Black Lion
8 | Kissing in the Rain
9 | Secret Lovers
11 | Under the Moonlight
12 | Silken Bonds
13 | Morning Pills
14 | Chaos in Chicago
15 | After the Storm
16 | Show me Your Scars
Notice
17 | Shadow of Past
18 | Fingerprints on My Memories
19 | The Yakuza
20 | Haerin's Past [ 1 ]
21 | Haerin's Past [ 2 ]

10 | Dine in Heaven

928 64 3
Oleh evelyn_caramel

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐢 𝐏𝐎𝐕

In front of the ornate mirror, I adjust the sleek lines of my dark blue suit. The black fabric clings to my frame in all the right places, accentuating my stature. Each movement is deliberate as I smooth out any creases and ensure every button is perfectly aligned.

I retrieve the luxurious dark blue tie from the dresser. Its smooth silk glides effortlessly between my fingers as I loop it around my neck. With a deft twist and pull, I form a neat, symmetrical knot, then adjust it until it sits just right against the crisp black collar of my shirt.

Then, I reach for the bottle of Absolu Aventus Creed. The scent permeates the air with its rich, intoxicating aroma. I can't help but pause. The fragrance is just perfection. I breathe in deeply, each spritz allowing the scent to grow excitement.

Fourteen days have passed since Hanni's here. Tonight, she's going to meet my parents. She recovered and we had practiced enough. Everything went perfectly as planned.

My phone buzzes. I take a look at the screen and realize I got a call from my informant.

"Mr. Black."

"Lupo is in Chicago now. Dealing with human trafficking, specifically prostitution."

"Mind to be more specific?"

"I'll send you the exact location. Find this girl named Claire. She can help." That's all he says before abruptly ending the call.

I make my way down the grand staircase. My heart is racing with each of the steps. I'm going to have dinner with Hanni tonight, how can I not feel this happy?

But what greets me in the living room stops me dead in tracks.

Hanni and Hyein's laughter filled the air. They sit across from each other, engrossed in a game of chess.

Hyein makes a move on the board. Hanni responds with another peal of laughter after Hyein says something.

Shit. What the fuck is Hyein thinking?

Wait. Doesn't Hyein want someone who's her shoulder's height? Soft and warm-hearted? If she's not good at handling guns or cooking, she is okay with it?

That's totally Hanni. Her ideal type is Hanni.

"What the hell are you doing?" I chime in, standing right beside Hanni.

They both glance up at me, their laughter only intensifying. What's so funny?

Hyein smirks, then quips, "Oh, hey, Min. Can't believe your girl is this funny. Where do I find someone like her?"

Not giving any fucks to it, I take hold of Hanni's wrist. My grip tightens as I pull her up from the couch. She looks at me, confusion evident in her eyes.

God, she's so sexy tonight. Her presence is arresting and captivating as she stands before me in that revealing black dress. The fabric clings to her curves with a sinful allure, leaving little to the imagination. Her bare back beckons me with a tantalizing promise. The only restraint is a tangle knot that I can't wait to loosen with my fingers.

"Minji?" She whispers. Her wrist subtly shifted in my grasp.

I glance down at her who's shorter than me, then I realized I'd been holding her with such strength. I should stop this. But really, I don't want to let her go.

My gaze flickers toward Hyein. She observes us with her usual smirk, teasing my unusual behaviors tonight.

"She's mine tonight," I claim.

Hyein only widens her smirk, boiling my blood more. I take Hanni away, determined to declare what's rightfully mine.

Stopping in front of the grand piano, I turn to face her.

"What is wrong with you? Why did you say that?" She half whispers, her brows furrowing.

"Say what?" 

She's silent. 

"Say what, Hanni?" 

She's silent again.

I lean in close. My breath hot against her ear as I whisper back, "You're mine tonight, Hanni. Remember that."

I lean back to see her eyes widen with surprise, meet mine with intensity.

Releasing a sigh, I move towards the piano's chair.

"Sit."

"Minji—" God damnit, why is she so damn stubborn?

"I said, sit," I repeat, firm and final.

Cold silence clouds the air. Hanni hesitates, her gaze locked with mine. Eventually, she complies, sinking into the chair obediently.

A small smirk tugs at the corner of my lips.

Good girl.

I sit beside her in front of the piano, my fingers caressing the keys. The familiar melody echoes through the living room.

Hanni looks at me with too many questions in her head. I chuckle.

"Why? Too surprising for you for a criminal to play instruments?" I tease.

Her laughter, soft and melodic, fills the room, mingling with the music.

"How about 'All of Me'?" She suggests.

"Classic," I mutter, diving into the familiar chords without hesitation.

Later, as the song progresses, I let my voice join the melody. The singing flows flawlessly, better than I expected.

I glance at her on my left side. Her cheeks flushed with a delicate pink.

Did she just blush?

"You good?" I inquire as our gazes meet.

She coughs lightly, turning away to hide her embarrassment. Then she turns back to me, her eyes shimmering with nervousness.

How can someone be this beautiful? God, I'm so in love.

"It was amazing, really." She admits.

"No, you're more amazing," I confess as I drink in every detail of her face. "You're so beautiful tonight. You even outshine the moon."

She looks away, coming back to her shy self. I chuckle softly.

"What's wrong with you?" She asks.

What's wrong with me? I feel more alive than ever since you've been with me.

Is that wrong?

𖨆𖨆𖨆

The night air whips through the open windows as we speed along the city streets of Sicily in my sleek black Lamborghini. Above us, the velvety sky is ablaze with a tapestry of stars, their twinkling lights casting a soft glow over the cobblestone streets below. The silhouette of ancient buildings and crumbling ruins rises against the horizon in the distance.

Hanni, beside me, is just sitting in silence. I steal some glances as she gazes out at the passing scenery with an expressionless face.

It's been a while since she's outside. Does she miss her life as a lawyer?

Her phone buzzes, breaking the silence. She takes it out of her handbag. My eyes swiftly flicker towards the screen.

It's her oppa. Again.

Shit. I know I shouldn't be. But fuck, I'm so jealous.

Just the thought that Hanni is mine only for tonight and nothing more makes my whole body flare up.

I want more—I want us to be more—but she must think this is nothing but an agreement.

She lets the call go unanswered, switching off her phone then putting it in her bag without a second thought.

I frown. "Why don't you answer that?"

"No need." Her answer is quick, definitely not even thinking.

"It's your lover." There's bitterness in my voice. "Right?"

Hanni falls silent, her expression guarded as she replies, "You said I'm yours tonight. So why bother?"

I grin as I glance at her through the rearview mirror. She seems focused and determined, lost in thought.

So she agreed to be mine tonight.

"Are you taken?" I inquire.

My question seems to bother her. "Does it even matter? I'm here for our agreement, not a real marriage."

Somehow, a part of me wishes it is a real marriage.

I keep my focus on the road ahead. "Just answer the question, Hanni."

"I'm married," she states so simply. Acting like her words aren't sharper than a knife.

I'm stunned into silence. My entire body feels frozen, yet I continue driving.

Pham Hanni is married.

She's married. The one and only hope for me to fall in love again is married.

Who am I kidding?

I steal a glance at her. She's smiling so smugly as if satisfied with my shock.

I quickly composed myself, refusing to believe her words. She could've been lying. Why did I trust her that fast anyway?

"Why don't you tell me sooner?"

"For what? For you to kill me sooner?" She scoffs.

She's right. But still, I'm hurt. It feels like my heart is shattering into a million pieces because, in fact, I've fallen for her.

I wish Pham Hanni is mine forever.

𖨆𖨆𖨆

Finally, we reach the opulent grand restaurant, a symbol of my family's prestige and influence. The building stands tall and imposing. Its façade adorned with intricate carvings and gilded accents that catch the light of the moon. A red carpet leads us to the entrance, where a pair of ornate doors open to reveal a lavish interior.

Stepping out of the car, I move swiftly to open the door for Hanni, extending my hand to help her out.

Our fingers gently intertwine. A silent reassurance passing between us.

"Are you ready?" I whisper, my voice barely audible over the hum of the city.

Hanni nods.

Hand in hand, we stroll the red carpet along the restaurant's entrance. Our strides synchronized in carefully choreographed steps of deception.

Inside, the air is filled with the soft glow of crystal chandeliers and the gentle murmur of conversation. The walls are lined with rich tapestries and works of art, each piece exuding an aura of refinement. The tables are set with gleaming silverware, while impeccably dressed waitstaff move gracefully among the guests, attending to their every need.

We could've been normal people if it weren't for the crimes. 

My family owns a variety of clean businesses like this luxury restaurant. Somehow, I wish I could consider the thought of living like a normal person. But I'm already involved and once I'm in, there's no going back.

We reach the table, where my parents sit waiting. The true test begins.

"Mamma, papà, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Hanni. Hanni, these are my parents." I introduce. Everything is strangely neutral.

Mamma's eyes widen as she sees Hanni for the first time. She must've noticed the obvious resemblance between her and Maeva. Her expression stays in shock before she quickly puts on a stoic face.

"It's a big pleasure to meet both of you, Mr. and Mrs. Kim," Hanni bows respectfully. Her voice steady like we always practiced.

"Have a seat, both of you. No need to be so formal. It's not a marriage yet." Papà chuckles fatherly. He seems so happy with everything.

I pull a seat for Hanni, insisting she sit first before taking mine beside her.

She kisses my cheek. "Thanks, babe."

Damn, Hanni. I don't remember this being a part of our practice.

I observe my parents as my mamma leans in and whispers something to my papa. My papa nods afterwards.

Good. They don't show any signs of suspicion. We just have to keep up with this good acting until the night is over.

"How are you, Hanni? And how long have you and Minji been dating?" Papà queries in a very casual tone.

"We've been dating only for two weeks, sir. Still, I love Minji more than ever. She's the one and only person I could think of marrying right now." Hanni replies smoothly, her smile never faltering as she turns to me.

I turn to her and smile back. She stifles a giggle, and God, it takes me everything to not choke out laughing.

"You guys just dated before the accident happened?" Papà's brows furrowed a little.

Hanni nods, confirms him.

I turn to Hanni again. I can see how much she's freezing with her arms hugging her body. I pull open my dark blue blazer then drape it over her shoulders, acting like a true gentleman.

She looks up at me, surprise brimming in her eyes. Her gaze softens, but she quickly looks away and acts casually. Making it seems like it's not my first time doing that.

I turn my attention to my parents. They watch us closely in awe as if we're the cutest couple in the world.

Our acting is too good right now. I don't think it's an act anymore.

"So, what do you do for a living, sweetie?" Papà continues to ask. There must be thousands of questions in his head right now but he's holding it.

"I'm a lawyer under a firm named Francesca De Luca. It's been four years now."

"A lawyer?" Mamma finally says something. She looks impressed.

"How do you guys meet?" Another question from papà.

"We... ran into each other at a convenience store. I accidentally dropped my ice cream, and she kindly bought me a new one." Hanni turns to me, seeking approval.

I smile assuringly, holding myself back from kissing her head.

"She's cute, so I asked for her number. After that, we talked and dated until now. So yeah, that's the story." She continues.

I place a soft kiss on her head. Can't hold myself anymore.

Papa chuckles softly. Definitely didn't expect my love story to be this simple and cute.

A waiter comes to us. I hand Hanni the menu, the so-in-love smile stays on my lips.

"What would you like for dinner, tesoro?" I ask with the softest tone of mine.

Hanni's fingers tremble slightly as she flips through the pages, almost passing out at the prices listed. Panic flickers in her eyes, but she quickly regains her composure, acting like we've been through thousands of dates before.

"I'll... I'll just go with whatever you want," she murmurs.

I nod, then take the menu book from her. Turning back to my parents, we engage in light chatter as we peruse the menu, discussing our preferences for the night.

"I'll start with the oysters Rockefeller, followed by the Wagyu beef tenderloin for the main course," I assert confidently. "And for my lady here," I continue, turning to Hanni with a warm smile. "She'll have the imported caviar to start and the Chilean sea bass for the main course."

With taps of his screen, the waiter collects our orders before retreating into the bustling kitchen.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

29.3K 1.4K 18
What if time was the only thing that kept you from falling in love? (G!P) This is a bbangsaz adaption Ctto
21.2K 1.3K 11
A somewhat messed up one-night stand for blowing chunks and passing out, Danielle ran away to save her face from the embarrassing moment. But Haerin...
24.1K 1.4K 22
When will you stop breaking my heart? ________________________________ She was breaking Hanni apart, until there wasn't anything of Hanni left to br...
14.3K 719 6
Hanni and Minji have a little awkward but intimate moment- that shouldn't make their hearts beat so fast, right? A short summer love story Bbangsaz a...