Love Won't Hurt [A Lenore The...

Bởi Bleachro

A rather retelling of "Lenore's Last", where an additional character joins the universe of Roman Dierge's Len... Xem Thêm

Miss Ophelia Arrives
Vending Machine Mayhem
Vending Machine Mayhem 2:Electric Boogaloo
The Snitch

Dinner Plans

4 0 0
Bởi Bleachro

A while later the doll comes back to the house. It enters the kitchen dragging a large black trash bag with him. Miss Ophelia was telling something to Lenore when Ragamuffin entered the kitchen. Ragamuffin is surprised to see the woman and the little girl talking to each other about something, but it doesn't interrupt them in the conversation.

It seems like the woman and the little girl were talking about something important. It smiles politely at them both when it walks into the room and places the large bag down. It keeps its mouth closed and listens in on what they have to say, curious as to what they are speaking about.

Ophelia gives a little rather fake smile at Ragamuffin as both her and Lenore look at him as he walks insidd. She then turns to look back to Lenore, still smiling slightly. "... And this, little Lenore, is how rainbows are made!.."she says in a happy tone

"But what does this gotta do with-"" Before Lenore could finish her sentence Ophelia shushes her by gently putting her index finger on Lenore's lips as Lenore looks at her confusedly. From the moment he walked in, Ragamuffin tried to listen in on the conversation, but the little girl's question makes it hard to understand what it could've been about. The doll is looking at the woman and the little girl in confusion and curiosity.

It looks at Ophelia's fake smile, and can tell that she may just be manipulating the little girl's thoughts. It seems like it will have to listen in more closely next time the woman and the little girl have a conversation.

Ragamuffin continues to smile politely, a rather fake smile. "Oh don't mind me,you can continue talking." The doll keeps its body language calm and relaxed, though its eyes are narrowed with slight suspicion.

The doll's face is still neutral as it looks at the woman. It doesn't like how she is talking so nervously. It knows that she's anxious about something, but it chooses to ignore her anxiety. The doll nods at her briefly, confirming that it has indeed bought the food. It doesn't respond to anything else that the woman said, and simply keeps its mouth shut, letting her say more if she wishes to.

She makes another pause, standing still before walking closer to the doll. They make eye contact for a split second before Ophelia asks:"... May I... Take that?..." she points to the large black trash bag which Ragamuffin's carrying with a slight smile again. She's not sure about what exactly could be in there, but she's seemingly in a state of discomfort because of it.

Ragamuffin is a little skeptical.

The doll knows that something is not quite right about this situation. It is still suspicious of her and her intentions. He keeps its mouth closed and gazes back at her, the eyes glowing fiercely, trying to figure out the reason why she would want to take the bag.

It seems like she is curious as to what the doll has bought for food. The doll keeps its calm demeanor, as it gives her its answer. "And why do you want the bag? The food is for Lenore isn't it?" It raises its eyebrows and tilts its head sideways as he talks.

Ophelia too, tries to keep calm, because she's seriously grown tired of arguing with the vampire doll 'thing' about everything around the house. Plus she didn't want to upset Lenore again. "... For cooking obviously. Lenore can't have uncooked food. Neither... us..." she paused for a quick moment as she realizes that she used a pretty poor choice of word

"In any case, I'm making dinner." she adds on. "That's why I asked you to get the food in the first place."

This answer confuses the doll. It looks as though it is thinking of something. The doll doesn't like how the woman is wording the whole thing. It can also hear how tired the woman sounds as well. The doll is getting annoyed by the woman's behavior. The doll sighs and crosses its arms, trying to calm itself. It continues to glare at her and responds.

"Fine, I will give you the bag, but ONLY if you make dinner. No shenanigans are to be had, okay? I'm watching you closely, I won't tolerate anything out of the ordinary."

She doesn't seem too eager to reply, instead she extends her right hand and nods at Ragamuffin in order for him to give her the bag. She has a stern expression on her face while doing so.Lenore watches their interaction happen with a hint of curiosity in her eyes. She sits at the table, waiting to see how the scene will unfold.

The doll is annoyed that she extended her hand, without really saying please. That just made the doll even more mad. It seemed like the woman never has manners, but this time the doll wasn't going to point that out to her.

The doll looks at the woman, its eyes growing brighter as it stares her down before finally deciding to hand the large bag over. It is still very reluctant to give her the bag, but it knows that it can't really do much about the situation. The doll lets her take the bag, but it won't be happy about it.

Ophelia takes the bag and tries to lift and carry it in order to take it to the the kitchen counter, but because of its heaviness, the large black trash bag falls with a loud thud on the floor not even a second later. Ophelia almost falls down too but she managed to get herself to her feet. Bending down, she tries to lift the bag, unsuccessfully.

".. Dear God what did you put in there?!.." she slightly yells out at Ragamuffin as she turns to look at him with a mix of confusion and anger.

The doll's eyebrows narrow as he watches her, and the doll's glare gets stronger, as he is not impressed with her. The doll lets out a small angry grunt, as he doesn't know why she would need help in carrying the bag. The doll's face looks like it is about to explode in anger.

It was standing there watching her, trying to see if she found anything interesting inside. Instead, it seemed like the woman was angry at something she saw inside. The doll didn't know why she was upset, so it kept its mouth shut.

After the woman finished unwrapping the bag, the doll could see that a lot of her anger toward it, probably because of the contents of the bag. The doll lets out a small scoff of laughter at her response, its eyes glowing angrily. A small smirk formed on its mouth.

"What's wrong? Did I get something wrong?"

Her eye starts twitching very noticeably as she keeps looking at Ragamuffin. Lenore is completely in surprise as she watches everything.

Ophelia slowly reaches with her hand to the counter and grabs a kitchen knife without breaking eye contact with the doll.Lenore looks at the woman as she does so with the same interest as if she was watching a movie on the cinema.

The knife flies over Ragamuffin's head and gets stuck on a wall further behind him.
Ophelia paused for a split second, although she was still very angry with the doll she tried to calm herself.

"....HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO COOK THIS?!?" she slightly yells pointing at the bag, visibly upset that the doll didn't bring the food she wanted it to

"T-DTH-..." she angrily mutters, stomping around the room. After a few minutes she turns back to look at him. She takes a big breath then asks the doll

"... Does that look like food that can be cooked to you??!..." The doll was slightly surprised by her anger again, and it stays quiet for a few seconds. It thinks carefully about the question she asked, trying to figure out its answer. It looks at the food for a moment, and then looks back at the woman. The doll is beginning to realize its mistake.

The doll responds, its voice still staying firm"..No..no it does not look like food for cooking.."
Ophelia's right eye began twitching again. "... Before you left the house, what had I told you?" she asks visibly upset

The doll remembers now, how could it have forgotten? It still feels a little ashamed at what it had brought back. The doll's anger seemed to go away as it responded, its voice now just sounding tired in explanation to the woman

"You had told me to bring food for dinner, which I did." It crosses its arms as it speaks to her Ophelia pauses for a split second. She opens her mouth to speak but she's too angry at Ragamuffin to think of what to actually tell him.

She looks at him angrily for a moment before finally deciding to talk"... What in God's name do you think that I can make for dinner with this."

Ophelia too crosses her arms raising an eyebrow at Ragamuffin.

Ragamuffin realizes now that it had seriously screwed this one up. It thought it had brought food as it was supposed to for dinner, but it had accidentally brought junk food. Its shoulders drooped and it sighs, looking down at the floor "Sorry..."

A moment later however he looks back at the woman with a more calm expression.

"Look, but seriously, I don't know."

Ragamuffin is now getting tired of the whole thing and it seems completely unbothered

The doll sighs and speaks, its voice sounding more annoyed than anything "You are probably smarter than I am, so maybe you can figure what it is good for? After all you are the grown up here."the doll's comment is somewhat sarcastic, but that seems to be how the doll thinks and how it speaks.

Ophelia let's out a small sigh
"... Can I ask you something?, How did you... How did you even find all that food?.." she knew that she probably wouldn't get a serious answer out of this but she was really curious about how Ragamuffin got access to all this junk food.

The doll stares at her for a good while, thinking about how it could explain how it got these. It was not going to tell her the truth. It was too afraid that if the woman knew it broke into a vending machine, she would be even more annoyed than she was earlier. The doll's eyes grow brighter as they stare at her, and finally it speaks."I found it in the supermarket..of course. Why would you ask such a silly question?"
"... With what money goddamn you." Ophelia takes her hand off her forehead slowly, as she looks at the doll, she puts her hand on her mouth, she's starting to get angry again but she's too tired to deal another weird thing today. Ragamuffin thinks for a second and decides to come up with the only best answer he could."Oh, you know, I just...uh...I picked it up from the...floor... yeah."

The doll knows that the woman is not going to believe anything he says. Now the woman is even more upset with it. It decides to just look down for a second as it tries to think of a way to get the woman off of its back.Ophelia let's out a deep sigh
"You stole this didn't you." Ragamuffin is silent for a moment as his eyes grow bright, he looks up at her and speaks again, trying to deny her accusation.

"N-no, of course not! I would never do such a thing.

The doll can barely even keep a straight face when he says that. It is clear that the doll has done something very wrong. It really can't think of what else to say in order to defend itself anymore.
"....." Ophelia pauses for a moment. She doesn't know what to do or say anymore. From the moment she was assigned to be Lenore's guardian angel she had in mind everything she was planning on doing and saying but now she feels midly confused about everything.She turns towards the big trash bag and walks slowly towards it.

The doll stares at her confused when she turns toward the trash bag, but then watches with fascination as she approaches it. It seems like she was not too sure on what to think about it all. The doll stares at her for as long as her back is turned to it, before deciding to follow her towards the bag. The doll stays at a safe distance, as it doesn't want to get involved in whatever the woman was trying to do with the bag.

Once she reaches the big bag, the doll moves forward and stands behind her curiously and patiently.Ophelia stands over the bag for some seconds, looking at the things that are on the surface. She slowly starts taking off everything she can see and puts them on the counter. She has a rather blank expression on her face while doing so and she doesn't say anything.
Lenore, who's still under the kitchen table, gets up slightly and peeking her head out, she looks around and then at Ophelia.
"Miss Ophelia can I come out now?" she asks quickly

"... Yes Lenore...." The woman whispers slightly
"Oki!" Lenore comes out from under the table and sits at the kitchen tables chair with a smile. The doll turns its attention to the girl as she ran out from under the table and sat at the corner of the table.

"Go get the tablecloth Lenore dear..." Ophelia mumbles. Lenore does as she says and runs upstairs.The doll's body language is now less stiff, as it watches the girl leave the room.It doesn't say anything and it just watches her take off all the junk food from the bag and place it on the counter.

The dolls expression is now a mix of confusion and slight amusement as it watches the woman. It is not entirely sure on why she is acting in this way.

Then  doll's body language is now less stiff, as it watches the girl leave the room. Not a minute passes when Lenore comes back holding the white table cloth with both of her hands. Ophelia  turns to look at her after noticing the little girl standing next to her. "Put it on the dining table...." The doll noticed the sad look that the girl had given her when she was told to put the table cloth on the dining table.  It watched her walk to the dining table and put the tablecloth onto it carefully from the open kitchen door.

Suddenly pooty appears peeking his head through the kitchen doorway".. Sooo can I come in, or will I get stabbed?Haha..." it was a rather sarcastic comment but since he's actually a bit scared of Ophelia himself, he prefers not showing it.

Ragamuffin turns its attention towards Pooty as soon he comes peeking his head in the doorway. The doll raises an eyebrow and lets out a small chuckle when he asks about getting stabbed

“Oh don’t worry, come on in. Just stay out of the way...” he added the last line rather sarcastically, as he glanced over to the woman. She too had noticed Pooty but she wasn't really in the mood for talk. All she did was looking at him, with her back pressed on to the sink.Pooty walks inside rather casually. He and Ophelia exchange eye contact for a second before he turns to Ragamuffin. He pauses for a split second in an attempt to try to break the ice. "So I see you guys already worked out the foo-OW!" Ragamuffin drastically gives Pooty a punch on the arm, because it didn't want the conversation about this to continue.

Pooty and Ragamuffin kind of talk with the eyes there before Pooty turns to look at the woman.

He makes a second attempt to break the ice as he can feel the tension in the atmosphere between Ragamuffin and Ophelia; "So,Ophelia, long time no see!, what brings you down here on human world?" Ophelia got a bit surprised by Pooty's question as she didn't really think he'd ask her that and especially in front of Ragamuffin who's not supposed to know anything about it.

Ragamuffin watched as Pooty approached Ophelia and tried to break the ice. It watches as he pauses for a split second when she didn't respond right away to his question. He looks over at her and notices that she looks surprised by the question that Pooty had asked her. The doll had no idea what it could be about though, as it didn't know the woman too well.

The doll decides to stay silent and watches this happen with a blank stare on its face. It was curious as to how this would play out.Ophelia chuckled in a rather awkward way ".. Pooty..,!" she smiles sheepishly "... I was about to ask you the same thing..!" she clasps her hands "What are you doing up here?"
"Oh, I was originally sent to take Lenore to heck but now I'm just kind of chilling around.You see," he puts his hand around Ragamuffin's shoulders. "Me and Ragamuffin are homies, right man?" he looks at Ragamuffin as he talks, he speaks in a happy tone. Ragamuffin smiles for a moment when Pooty mentions that they are homies. It looks back at him and nods enthusiastically with a grin on its face. Its mouth forms a small smirk as it responds to Pooty.

It then turns its attention to the woman who then laughs a little awkwardly and then proceeds asking the guys a bit about their friendship. The doll nods again when the woman finishes speaking.

Ragamuffin turns his attention to Pooty”Well, we were just talking about whatever. We were hoping to have dinner with the little girl, you know..just the three of us…”

"Say, Pooty why don't you join us?" she asks with a small smile, shes focused on reading a cooking book while talking"I'm making chocolate soup. It's soup but instead of the ingredients a normal soup has it's just chocolate. Because that's all we have.... Chocolate...."

she speaks in a rather calm tone, not taking her eyes off the cooking book. She's not really reading, she's just mindlessly turning the pages as some short of distraction.

“..Chocolate soup…?” Ragamuffin whispers over to Pooty, it sounds really surprised and shocked at the same time. Pooty shrugs his shoulders.He's not too fond of the idea of staying over for dinner after all because what  Ophelia's preparing sounds pretty gross itself.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

4.3K 187 54
Mary's father and older brother were killed mysteriously, their bodies washed ashore from the sea. Years later, Mary meets a girl on the street who l...
398K 23.7K 50
All her life she had rules set for her, what she can and what she cannot do. What to expect and what not. The right things were the ones her father...
130K 3.1K 15
Y/n L/n, brother of Gudako L/n, had a pretty terrible childhood, or that would be the case normally. Luckily his mother and father, learned from thei...
168K 4.8K 13
Athanasia and Lucas were taking a little stroll around the palace. All of a sudden a girl bumps into them. Athanasia: Aww what a cute little girl. R...