Holiday With My Neighbour

By _Pure_LOVE

Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anyth... More

1. Birthday Surprises*
2. Drifting
3. The Van
4. Hotel Troubles
5. Unexpected Situations
6. The Start of a Secret
7. Bad Argument *
8. Without Her
9. Without Him
10. Forgiveness *
11. Bittersweet Moments
12. Regrets *
13. Who Is She?
14. Deserved
15. Surprise
16. Tension
17. Unexpected Turn *
19. Obvious
20. Never-Ending Questions
21. Hurtful Revelations
22. Mending Friendships

18. Unbelievable Lies

193 9 14
By _Pure_LOVE

Savannah's POV

After seeing Dom's text, I made a pathetic excuse to Theo that I was overwhelmed and needed space.

Even though I was planning to tell Theo about Dom, I can't risk him knowing right now, as he will definitely leave me.

I take a deep breath in before I knock on door 205.

I look up to meet Dom's green eyes as he opens the door. He has changed to more comfortable clothes. "Hey, come in." He says, distracted. 

I do as he says and enter the room. I stand by the door as he begins to walk towards the bed. He turns as he realises I'm not following behind. "Do you not want to sit?"

"I'm fine here." I reply bluntly.

He sighs. "Savannah, just come over and sit down." 

"Why should I?" I say with attitude.

"To talk."

"I can hear fine from here."

"Come on, I need to talk to you." He pleads, his voice filled with desperation.

I ponder slightly before doing as he says and sitting at the edge of the bed. He remains stood up at the foot of the bed. He seems on edge, and I can tell he's struggling with what to say next. "Look, I'm so fucking sorry, if I knew-"

I cut him off. "What are you sorry for? Threatening to tell Theo everything?"

He pauses for a moment, then shakes his head. "No, I just said that to bring you here. I'm sorry for-"

I begin to stand up. "Okay, then I'm leaving. I only came here because of that."

"No, please, Sav, stay, at least listen to what I have to say." He reaches out to hold my hand, but I pull away before he can.

Seen as though I'm already here, I might as well hear him out. "What are you sorry for?" I sit back on the bed and notice a sigh of relief escaping Dom. 

"The whole thing, man, the way Em spoke to you, Theo being a pussy."

"Ugh, can you stop insulting him?"

"Well, did you see him?" He rubs his hands over his face in frustration. "I had to hold so much in... I meant it, you know, he doesn't deserve you."

I scoff. "I literally cheated on him with you."

"I'm not surprised. He treats you like shit."

I roll my eyes. "He doesn't."

"Yeah right, when you came back from your little fuck session, you looked like you wanted to kill yourself. What happened? Did he force you?"

I widen my eyes at the thought. "No, of course he didn't!"

"Then what happened?"

I shrug my shoulders as I look away. "Nothing, we just had sex."

"So why did it look like you were crying?"

I hesitate. I hate being put on the spot. I want to protect Theo. "I don't know."

"Well, I know... You're not happy with him, and you need to admit that. It's not the first time I've seen you upset."

"You know nothing about me. Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be with Em." I emphasise her nickname.

"I'm done with that bitch, she's too immature."

I scoff, my tone laced with a hint of sarcasm. "Well, what do you expect? She's like four years younger than you."

"You don't understand. When I first started to get to know her, she would act so mature. But now she's doing shit like what she did to you, and I can't fucking stand her."

"You mean when she was 16?" I begin to laugh.

He walks to the chair placed in the corner of the room and sits down in a relaxed position. "It's not like how that fucker Theo made it out. Yeah, when she first moved in, she was 16, and I was 20, but I was barely home. I travelled a lot for work and only came home on occasions, and even then, I made no fucking moves towards her. I barely even realised she existed."

"Then how did you become a thing?"

"I only started to speak to her, in a normal way, a few months before her 18th. Now that I think about it, she would try and flirt with me then, but I'd always pass it off. When she turned 18, she switched and fully started trying for me. That's when I started to see her in that way, and even then, I didn't have the same feeling back. But she would beg it a lot, and she seemed mature for her age, and one day I was like fuck it and gave her a chance."

I don't know why this story is annoying me. "Anyways, how many more people have you cheated on her with? Any more hoes in the hotel?"

He begins to laugh slightly. "There was this one other girl a few weeks ago back home, but that was because I was drunk. You're the first sober one. My bitch in Dubai." He says with a smirk as he adjusts himself lower in the chair, appearing more comfortable. Why does he look so attractive like that?

I break eye contact. "What excuse did you give her for seeing me now?"

"Nothing, just said I'm going out. She tried to follow after me, but I told her to fucking stay in the room because I didn't want to see her face."

I face his eyes in surprise. "And she took that?"

He smiles. "Didn't you see her today? She'll always listen to me. She tried so hard to get me she's not going to do anything to risk it. Not even her brother could get in the way."

"Yeah, Theo was shocked when he realised that."

"I wish I had seen his face. He doesn't even know the half of it." He laughs softly, shaking his head in amusement.

I can see this conversation is going to a friendly route, which I'm trying to avoid. "Can I leave now?" I ask.

He sits up a little. "No. Look, the reason I told you to come was because Theo is going to leave you."

I shake my head. "No, he's not."

"He is Sav. He planned it with Emilia."

I scoff as I begin to laugh. "You're such a liar! How am I meant to believe you? You've lied about everything else."

"Listen, I only lied to you at first because, let's say, you saw me with Emilia, and you decided to tell her. You wouldn't even have my name or anything right, so you'd look crazy, and nobody would believe you."

"Ugh, you're disgusting." I mutter as I start to rise from the bed. Listening to this man is useless.

He begins to stand up. "Savannah, wait. I'm not lying about this. Theo is going to leave you."

I ignore Dom as I make my way to the door.

He grabs a hold of my arm, and I immediately pull away. "Don't you dare touch me!"

He raises his hands up. "Here me out, leave Theo, come with me."

I give him a confused look. "What?"

He lowers his hands. "That piece of shit doesn't deserve you. Yeah, I know you cheated on him, but he treats you like shit. I wouldn't."

I narrow my eyes. "You're ridiculous, you barely know me."

"I know enough. You could've said a lot to Em, yet you didn't. I don't even know why, but you defend Theo. I like how you handle things, and I... want to keep you around."

I can't believe this guy. "Right, and have you told Emilia this?" I question.

He averts his gaze. "No, not yet."

"Okay, tell her first and then I'll think about it." Of course, I'm not going to actually think about it. 

"I only want to tell her if you've made up your mind to come with me."

"Why?"

Turning to me, his eyes filled with desperation. "I have everything to lose, Sav. Her family lives with mine. If I do this, I'll never be allowed to go home. I'll never see my family again."

I'm caught off guard as he seems so sure of it. "And you'll do that for me?" 

"Yeah. It'll be worth it. Look, I have money, so we don't need to worry about that. This won't backfire on you. I'll make sure of it."

I stay silent in thought.

"Pack your bags... actually just leave it. I'll buy you whatever you need. Have a think, and when you decide, meet me back in this room, and we will leave from here."

Thinking about leaving my brother and Rosanna behind weighs heavily on my mind. Why am I even entertaining this? Theo isn't going to leave. "I don't even know why I'm listening to you." I make my way towards the door."

I hear him sigh behind me. "Don't be crying wishing you came with me when you see Theo's gone."

I roll my eyes as I exit the room. I wish I never met Dom. He's been nothing but a pain.

As I stroll towards the apartment, I can't help but feel exhausted. My legs feel heavy, and my body is aching. Not to mention I have a big headache. I can barely think. Today has been too much for me.

I yawn before opening the door of the apartment.

It appears as though everyone is in their rooms except for Matt, who's engrossed in the fridge. I notice that he's wearing headphones and is gently nodding his head. Hopefully, he doesn't see me. I have no energy left for a conversation.

As I begin walking to my room, his voice stops me in place. "Hey Sav! How was your date?" He asks, closing the fridge door behind him.

I turn to face him, observing him as he runs his fingers through his dirty blonde hair. The headphones are now resting on his neck. What do I even reply? "Uh, it was good." I respond uncertainly.

He furrows his brows. "Are you alright?" He asks with genuine concern.

Why do I feel like I want to cry? I look up as I try to hold the tears back. "Mm-hmm."

From the corner of my eye, I notice him walk towards me. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asks softly.

I shake my head no as I connect my eyes with his dark blue ones. "No, thank you." I give him a fake smile, then look away as my eyes water.

"I made these. Will you try one for me?" I gaze at his hands that  hold a bowl of strawberries coated in melted chocolate. He extends one towards me, offering it.

A genuine smile forms on my face. I take the strawberry he picked and begin to take a bite. The smooth chocolate with the rich, juicy strawberry overpowers my mouth. I close my eyes, savouring the bite. "Mmm, this is so good."

He kindly smiles. "Thanks to my chef skills."

"Thank you, Matt." I take another bite of the strawberry.

"Look after yourself, alright? Try not to worry too much about other things."

I give him a puzzled look in response to his unexpected words. "What do you mean?"

"Just telling you to focus on yourself, people do stupid things sometimes, there's no need to stress about it."

"Ah, okay, thank you." I'm left surprised. I never knew Matt cared so much.

He hods in reply. "If you want any more, you know where to find me." He puts his headphones back on and heads towards his room. 

I finish off the strawberry. The little interaction with Matt actually helped me relax a little. I just want to sleep now.

After washing my hands, I make my way to my room and find Theo lying on the bed.

"Hey, are you feeling better now?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm just tired." I reply as I walk towards the wardrobe.

"Don't mind getting changed. Come straight to bed." He suggests.

I take my heels off and join him in the bed. He wraps his muscly arms around me, and I finally feel at peace. "Please don't leave me."

"I'm not going to leave." He reassures me as he begins to stroke my head. The gentle motion makes my eyelids grow heavy.

"Can we talk?" I attempt to get up but struggle as he keeps me held in place.

"Shh, we will later." He softly replies while repeating the motion.

I try to fight the tiredness as much as possible, straining my eyes to keep them open, but it's hopeless. I lose the battle as well as my consciousness.

------------------------------

A/N
Should Sav listen to Dom?

Can't wait to see you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 119 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
365K 19K 39
Five years ago, Gabrielle left Castle Rock to follow her high school sweetheart and the father of her child to college. After he walks out of their l...
108K 3.9K 48
*Mafia romance* He pierced into my soul with his beautiful eyes, his hot breath touching my face. He looked away from me for a moment, towards every...
720K 24.6K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...