The Faces Of Karl Jacobs

By TheOnlooker321

When aspiring professional ice skater Hailey Dunnlap, lands herself a job at Mr. Beast, she believes things a... More

Chapter 0: Character Introduction
Chapter 1: Karl Motherfucking Jacobs.
Chapter 2: The Timberlands
Chapter 3: You know those things are bad for you, right?
Chapter 4: Just My Luck
Chapter 5: Suite 313
Chapter 6: Circles
Chapter 7: The Death of My Dignity
Chapter 8: Friends.
Chapter 9: Public Perception
Chapter 10: "I faked a relationship for 30 days"
Chapter 11: My Last Night Single
Chapter 12: Lingering Questions
Chapter 13: Debut
Chapter 15: My Orange Soaked Jacket

Chapter 14: White Glove Mistakes

85 2 0
By TheOnlooker321

Hailey's P.O.V.

The familiar scent of amber, oak, and vanilla soothed the surge of anxiety that bubbled inside of me as we parked outside of the house. Well- if you could even call it a house.

From down the street, it looked like any typical party. The flashing lights, shitty muffled speakers, and trash littered across the front lawn were all normalities.

But when Karl shifted the car into park outside the front gate I began to notice the differences between your typical college party and this. Security lined every edge of the property, a line of fans was wrapped around the front gates, and photographers stood a few paces away their eyes scanning every entrance and exit for their next picture.

I felt my jaw go slack staring up at the mansion. Inside the sprawling fences, you could see thousands of people both inside and outside the house dancing, talking, and drinking.

I squinted my eyes at the scene in front of me, shaking my head slightly in confusion, "These are the types of parties you go to?" I questioned, looking back at Karl, unable to keep the disbelief out of my voice.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes at my tone, "No one parties harder than nerds with money" He shrugged nonchalantly, before turning the Tesla off and exiting the car.

I looked back towards the house, a new rush of insecurity making my stomach squeak as I thought about the role I would have to play. Before I could convince myself to back out, Karl appeared in front of my line of vision and opened my car door in one smooth motion.

I looked up at him, trying to conceal my nerves as best as possible, but I knew he could see right through them. He extended his hand for me and I took it graciously, not quite confident with the platform heels adorning my feet.

As I stood, I stared at the comforting smile he gave me. He leaned in slightly and whispered in my ear, "Show starts now and does not end until we are driving away from this house, okay?"

I nodded, not trusting my voice. He gave me another smile before whispering once more, "You can always tell me if something's too much. Just us coming here together is enough, we don't have to put on an elaborate display"

A faint smile twitched on my lips. I sighed and stared at the ground, contemplating my next words, "Karl..," I prompted, taking a deep breath of courage before raising my stare to meet his, "Make us famous tonight"

A glowing smirk spread across his features as he shook his head playfully at me. He glanced down at the pavement chuckling slightly, before dragging his eyes back up to my face painfully slow, ensuring to take in every curve that filled my skin-tight dress.

His eyes finally met mine as he took a confident step closer to me. His gaze flicked down to my lips before darting back to my eyes. My mind could barely register his words as he lowly growled, "Fine," He paused, taking a deep breath to collect himself, "Trust me when I say that after this party, no one will doubt that you're mine"

I refused to look away. Our lips were mere centimeters from each other as we stared intensely into each other's eyes. The word triggered something primal in me, commanding my body to respond to his, my mind in another realm entirely. My chin raised in challenge as my mind raced, "Good" I couldn't register the words leaving my mouth, my entire body was on fire.

Another amused smile played on his lips as he pulled away from me slightly, before silently offering me his arm.

Back to playing the role of the gentleman, I see.

I silently accepted, weaving my arm through his as I held onto his form, a too-honest smile dancing across my lips. And together, we walked towards our demise.

. . .

"Oh my god, that's Karl Jacobs!" I forced myself to hold my chin high as the shrieking sounded. Karl proudly guided me, passed the crowds hovering outside the front gates of the party quickly directing me towards the security posted at the front.

Three men stood side by side, creating a wall in front of the entrance blocking any curious eyes from getting too close. The man in the middle stood tall dressed in a black suit and holding a clipboard. His eyes searched the crowd until they found us, a cheeky unbelieving smile growing rapidly across his features, "Karl Jacobs you sly dog!"

"Zach, how are you man?!" Karl said, switching into his performance voice that I was all too familiar with. He untangled himself from my arm, as he took a step forward to take the man in for a hug.

"A lot better now dude, it's always great to see you!" His gaze turned to stare at me, and seemed to turn more interested, "And who might you be?" He surveyed my body from head to toe, an excited suspicion lacing his words.

Game on.

I batted my eyelashes innocently as I took a step towards him extending my hand, "I'm Hailey, it's great to meet you. I've heard so much!"

The lie came naturally, yet Zach's face lit up as he turned to Karl, "Karl! How is it that this is my first time meeting this beautiful woman?!"

A dry chuckle escaped Karl's throat as he shifted to stand a bit closer to me. He casually threaded an arm around my waist, but I knew there was nothing casual about his movement. I felt the tension ripple through his flexed muscles despite the gentleness he handled me with. I tried to ignore the heat coursing through me as Karl rubbed his casual circles into my side.

"What can I say?" He smirked, shrugging with feigned ease. He turned to stare at me, demanding my attention "No one's more gorgeous than my girl"

I swallowed hard, trying to kill the butterflies that erupted within me at the name. I forced my attention back towards Zach who had a happy look of surprise written across his features, "Karlll!!!!" He exclaimed, "Finally dude!!!" He leaned in towards Karl, unsuccessfully whispering, "Great choice!"

A look of annoyance flashed across Karl's features before he quickly masked it with a tight-lipped smile, "You don't have to tell me" He bit out through clenched teeth, "Anyways," Karl quickly changed the topic, "It was great to see you Zach, but Hailey and I need to go see the birthday boy, so we'll catch you later alright?" He said, gently guiding me by the small of my back towards the entrance of the house.

"Yeah man! I'll see you later!" Zach called just before he was out of our line of sight.

Karl exhaled a deep breath as we turned away from the bouncer and focused on the party ahead, "This is torturous..." He whispered to himself.

But I heard him anyway. I tried to push past the feeling of disappointment rising within me and focus on what we came here to do. So before he could push his way passed me and into the party, I grabbed his wrist, causing him to turn and stare at me, "We can leave whenever you're ready, okay?" I confirmed with a small nod of my head.

An appreciative smile encompassed his features as he said softly, "Okay. But if you're ready to go before then, let me know"

"Okay," We exchanged one last smile before Karl pushed open the doors to the mansion.

Lights blinded me as I swept my eyes across the scene. Dancers hung from the ceiling on silks, a massive DJ booth floated on a platform hoisted above the crowd, and bottle girls walked amongst the party serving both drinks and drugs on silver platters.

I knew my face reflected the shock I felt as my eyes flicked around the party. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this definitely was not it. My drunken nights in a frat's basement with Ally felt embarrassing looking at the luxuries Karl was used to.

I heard Karl giggle as I whipped my head over to face him, "What?" I asked, still fighting the look of bewilderment seeping through my expression.

Karl shrugged, a shit-eating grin on his face, "Just remembering how you thought I was a loser a few months ago"

I rolled my eyes at him, "I still think you're a loser"

His smile only seemed to grow as he took a step into the heap of bodies, holding a hand out for me, "Well for tonight, I'm your loser. Now come on, let's get you a drink."

I bit my tongue, fighting to keep the smile off my face as I accepted his hand. Karl confidently strode through the party, leading me towards the first visible bar. As we weaved through the crowds I couldn't help but notice all the gorgeous people, both women and men, all with predatory eyes scanning the room.

My attention was pulled, as I felt Karl's hot breath against my ear, "What do you want to drink?" I turned my head into the crook of Karl's neck, attempting to conceal the blush creeping onto my face from his warm words. I kept my eyes trained on his shoulder, not daring to think about the tingles taking over my body as his soft hands made their way to hold my waist.

I finally turned my head slightly to face him, our intimacy beginning to blur the loosely drawn lines between us. I fought the silken lust from my words as I whispered, "That depends on if you feel like carrying me to the car or not"

I couldn't fight the slight chuckle that sounded through my words, as I shook my head dismissively at the thought. I raised my eyes to meet Karl's once again and noticed his stare already fixated on me. His grip adjusted on my waist, squeezing me slightly as he pulled me closer to his chest.

"In those shoes?" We both glanced down at the iridescent platform pumps wrapped around my ankles, "I figured I'd be anyways" A small chuckle sounded from the back of his throat, as he bit the side of his cheek with a teasing grin.

I rolled my eyes but couldn't keep the smile off my lips, "Funny." Sarcasm laced my tone, "I don't think you can ever go wrong with tequila..."

"Noted," He said, his smile glowing across his features as he nodded his head curtly. Yet, Karl did not attempt to move from our position. He just stood staring at me with a stupid grin plastered across his face.

My eyes roamed across his features, sweeping from his stubble to the dimples tucked into the corners of his mouth, and finally up to the hair that framed his face messily.

Mindlessly, I reached a hand up and brushed a loose curl from his face. His hair was soft and it smelt like his cologne. I slowly began to lower my arm from where it had gently repositioned Karl's hair.

As my hand dropped from his face, it found its way to the collar of his shirt. The neatly pressed black silk was soft against my fingertips as my mind became obsessed with memorizing the interactive pattern weaved into the fabric.

His voice was low as he whispered thickly, "Are you trying to distract me?"

I blinked, "W-what?"

Karl's voice trailed off as he leaned in closer, his lips grazing my ear ever so slightly, "Because it's working..."

Karl's jaw was set in a tight line as he stared intently at me, his eyes refusing to leave mine. My fingers stopped moving, sitting frozen against his shirt.

"I didn't realize you were so easily distracted..." The challenge in my words rang clear despite the loud music sounding through the party. A wide smirk settled onto my face as I watched Karl's lips form a surprised smirk of his own.

He shrugged casually, taking a peek at the ground as his eyes traveled up my body once again, "Why wouldn't I be? I mean, it's not every day I have everyone wishing they were me" He shrugged nonchalantly, yet the flirtation in his voice couldn't be missed.

I shot him a confused look, "And why is it that today everyone wishes they were you?"

"Because I get to do this," In one swift move, Karl closed the futile space that remained between us and captured my lips in his. I could feel my heart hammering against my ribcage as his lips moved in time with mine. My body responded to his immediately as I snaked my arms around his neck, and tilted my head ever so slightly into the kiss.

This kiss was different than the one we had shared before. This was hungrier, a magnetic pull forcing our bodies together until it felt like we were the only two souls in existence.

Karl's grip on my waist tightened as he somehow drew me even closer to him. His hand was flush against my skin peering through the cutout on the back of my dress. Flames spread through every spot he caressed.

Yet, however desperate the kiss was, it was nowhere near long enough. Karl gently pulled away from my lips, leaving me with one final soft lingering peck before removing his completely. My eyes fluttered open, surprise and confusion written across my features.

As I looked up to Karl, I noticed his eyes were focused elsewhere. His eyes were trained on something behind my head, not even bothering to spare a glance downward in my direction.

Curiously, I slowly spun around and followed his line of vision. That's when I saw it. A smaller man with a full beard stood watching us, a large professional camera pressed against his right eye.

My heart sank.

How could I be so stupid?

It was Katie's plant. Somehow I had forgotten the entire reason I came to this party to begin with...

My lips parted as the realization struck me. I tried to keep the disappointment at bay. I mean, I have no right to be upset over this, it's not like any of it is real...

The embarrassment began to eat me alive and I truly wished that the earth would swallow me whole right then and there. I blinked rapidly, trying to fight the feelings of panic that started to rise from where they were buried deep in my subconscious.

"Hey-"

I was pulled from my spiral at the touch of a hand, physically spinning my body around.

"Hey, I'm sorry about that," Karl shook his head, a tight, uncomfortable smile on his face, "I just saw the camera and reacted. I didn't overstep did I?"

His eyes reflected a genuine concern as he stared down at me anxiously. Before I knew what I was doing, I felt myself shake my head softly as I looked down at the ground. His stupid pitiful face lived rent-free in my mind, as I steeled myself and returned my stare to his, "Uh- no, no, you didn't overstep. Not at all," I plastered a radiant smile across my features, ignoring how my stomach plummeted when I looked at him, "You just caught me by surprise, that's all"

I watched his panic dissipate as a wide grin broke across his features, relief flooding his eyes, "Okay good," He breathed out, bringing a dramatic hand to his chest, "You had me worried for a second"

I awkwardly laughed with him, trying my best to conceal the sudden gut-churning that was making me feel sick, "I'm gonna go grab our drinks really quick, I'll be right back" Karl flashed one last famous smile in my direction, before turning and heading towards the bar.

I think I'm gonna be sick.

As soon as Karl's back was completely turned, I began desperately pushing through bodies until I reached the side entrance to the mansion. I pushed my way into the cold air of the still night and away from the house.

I felt my heels squelch in the soft soil beneath me, as I stepped further away from the party and made my way towards a secluded bench. There were still plenty of people outside, but most were grouped up smoking and chatting amongst themselves. It felt good to finally have a moment to think.

I felt the cold metal of the bench press into the cutout of my dress, my skin becoming covered in goosebumps at the freezing touch. Nonetheless, the touch was welcomed as I desperately needed to control the feverish temperature bubbling beneath my skin.

I pushed my head into my hands, reliving my embarrassment from mere moments before.

"God Hailey..." I murmured to myself pitifully, "You're such a fucking idiot"

"Hailey?"

My cheeks flushed as I realized I had been caught talking to myself like an actual crazy person. Startled, I immediately stood at the sound of the voice, turning to face the person calling my name.

I blinked in confusion at the man who stood before me. He looked just as confused as I was. The man looked put together, with a well-pressed collar shirt and suit pants, yet, the beanie that sat proudly atop his head seemed to make his outfit appear more casual.

I shook my head softly, confirming to myself that no, no I definitely did not know this man. Voicing my thoughts I cautiously said, "I'm so sorry, do I know you?"

A half smile twitched onto the man's lips as he scratched the back of his neck nervously, "Uh, well kinda- Um, my name is Alex. We kinda half met once before..."

My eyes widened in realization, "Like the duck guy?" I said, unable to censor my thoughts.

Alex giggled a bit at my bluntness, as I recognized the words spilling from my lips, "Uh-sorry," I said quickly, knowing I needed to be on my best behavior, "It's nice to finally meet you properly!" I powered through the awkward tension that hung in the air, refusing to let it linger.

Alex chuckled a bit as he said, "Yeah, sorry for spooking you. I just thought I recognized you and wanted to come check in on you..." He trailed off carefully.

A confused smile graced my features as I carefully asked, "How did you recognize me...?"

"Oh," His eyebrows shot up comically, "Um.." He trailed off a new tone of nervousness lining his voice, "Well your face is kind of all over the internet right now..."

"Oh," I said, the realization hitting me all at once, "Yeah, I've kind of been trying to forget about that..."

Alex's eyebrows drew together in confusion, "What do you mean?" He asked a new suspicion lacing his tone.

Shit, shit, shit.

"Oh uh-," I scrambled to find a half-decent lie, "Just that I wasn't expecting Karl and I's relationship to become so public so fast..." The faint truth in my words rang clear.

Alex nodded his head at my explanation in understanding. Easily accepting my poorly executed lie.

I felt a cold wind shoot past me, making me shiver as the hairs on my arms stood up, "Are you cold?" Alex asked, already moving to start shrugging off his jacket.

"Oh uh- i-it's okay, really, you don-"

I couldn't even finish my sentence before he dropped his neatly pressed suit jacket over my shoulders in an attempt to help warm me up.

I smiled graciously at him as I pulled the jacket tighter around my body, "You really didn't have to..." I couldn't hide the appreciation in my smile.

Alex smiled kindly, his eyes reflecting his generosity, "Hey don't worry about it. Besides, Karl's my best friend... I'd do anything for him"

My gut churned at the mention of his name, yet I couldn't keep my stupid smile at bay as I listened to Alex speak so highly of him. As if he was summoned, I watched Karl waltz from the back patio battling to ignore the people calling out to him as he passed them by.

Alex seemed to notice my stare and turned to watch him with me. As if reading my mind he spoke, "Yeah... you've got yourself Mr. Popular there"

I nodded my head, my eyebrows drawing together in confusion, "It seems that way doesn't it..."

Alex turned around at my tone, "You're surprised?"

I bit my lip, wondering how I should answer this question, "Um... yeah a bit"

It was his turn for confusion to paint his features as he stared at me far more suspiciously and asked, "How did you guys meet anyways?"

Oh fuck.

"Alex!" Karl's voice rang from across the yard as he stumbled his way over toward us, "Happy Birthday man! It's so good to see you!" Genuine excitement lit up his face, as he hugged Alex from behind.

Alex's attention was directed towards the brown-haired man hanging from his shoulders as he laughed ridiculously at his actions, "Hey dude! Thank you, thank you,"

The two pulled away from each other before Karl took a glance towards me, "I see you've already met Hailey..." His voice seemed to get quieter towards the end of his sentence, as he looked at me with a confused stare. His eyes wouldn't meet mine as they were focused below my face. I followed his stare down my body as I realized his glare was directed towards Alex's jacket engulfing my frame.

I tried to keep the small smirk at bay. I subtly adjusted the jacket, pulling it even tighter into my skin. I looked up to see Karl's stare had been redirected to focus on my eyes, his jaw clenched slightly an annoyed expression in his eyes.

"Uh, yeah, yeah," Alex said awkwardly, seeming to notice the tension in Karl's body, "We were just talking about you actually and how you guys met"

Karl's eyebrows shot up in surprise, something new to focus on, "Oh were you now?" He sent a devious smile my way that seemed to scream 'Karma's a bitch'.

Karl moved as quickly as a cat to come stand by my side. I looked over at him with pleading eyes, as he casually threaded an arm underneath the loose jacket so that he was now gripping my waist tightly from behind.

"Go on love, tell him our story" He encouraged, whispering in my ear loud enough for Alex to hear.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes at him, as I glanced back towards Alex who looked more suspicious than ever, "Well uh- ya know, we had worked together at Beast Co. for such a long time..." My mind raced trying to assemble components of our fake relationship.

A small smile twitched on my lips as my next words tumbled from my mouth, "And after months and months of Karl begging me to go out with him, I finally caved and said yes" I shrugged my shoulders casually, as I worked overtime to keep the glowing smirk from my features.

Alex began laughing manically, as I felt Karl rapidly pull away from me, "That is so not how it went!" Karl exclaimed turning to look at me in fake anger.

I couldn't help the giggle that fell from my lips. I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Hey that's how I remember it"

Karl bit his bottom lip, and I could tell he was fighting the smile threatening his lips.

I hated the way he was looking at me.

Karl turned back to face Alex, attempting to plead his case, "Bro it totally did not happen like that!"

Alex's fits of giggles had begun to settle, but small chuckles still sounded through his sentence as he said, "I don't know man, it sounds pretty accurate to me. I mean, you always did talk about her"

I felt my blood run cold.

What did he just say?

Karl seemed to still as well, not daring to turn around and face me. My brow creased as the words replayed in my mind.

Did I hear that right?

"Uh- I'm sorry?" I found my voice asking, yet I felt completely numb to everything happening around me.

Alex was still laughing, not seeming to notice the drastic mood change as he continued, "Yeah! I mean don't get me wrong, most of the time he was bitching about one of your many arguments. But I always told him you guys would end up together someday! And look at you now! You guys are totally meant to be!"

I felt my throat dry up as I tried to process his words. Karl spoke about me? And he was speaking about me in a way that made Alex think we would eventually get together...?

I shook my head, unable to process how fast my mind was spinning. I looked back up towards Alex and noticed that Karl had now turned to me, staring at me with wide eyes awaiting my reaction to this revelation.

My mouth formed a grimace as I looked at him. How does any of this make sense? Karl hated me.

I blinked, trying my best to recover from the earth-shattering information Alex had just shared. I cleared my throat, "I think I'm gonna get some air..." I said tightly, not being able to feel my legs.

"But we're outside...?" Alex said, a confused and suspicious look on his face.

I blinked at him, freeing of all the feigned politeness that riddled my body, "Let me rephrase. I'm gonna go bum someones joint"

I glanced back and forth from the stunned faces of Karl and Alex. Silent tension wound us together. I smiled tightly at both of them before deciding I couldn't bear to wait any longer.

I bowed my head and gave them both a small wave of my hand before trudging back towards the party to find some much-needed relaxation.

. . .

okay, i know i ended it super abruptly, but i'm planning on having a part two.

annnddd ik it's been a long time since i've updated, but i figured the super long chapter would make up for it.

hope you guys enjoyeeeddd!

let me know what else you want to see!

- TheOnlooker <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 84 23
Karl Jacobs & Cora Davis. A secret that they kept each other from friends. The only people who knew about them, was the people that were there when...
571K 21.4K 53
i've spent all of the love i saved, we were always a losing game. 𝙄𝙉 π™’π™ƒπ™„π˜Ύπ™ƒ the boy king falls in love with the pauper, but the two star-crosse...
50K 1.1K 40
.γƒ»γ‚œγ‚œγƒ»γ€€γ€€γƒ»γ‚œγ‚œγƒ»οΌŽ IN WHICH two people who have accidentally met when they were children have reunited through an interview and just chatting stream and fi...
2.6M 85.3K 54
𝒐𝒐𝒐 β”ŠOffline! *ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§β‚ŠΒ°* With a traumatic past that separated her from her best friend, What happens when Maisie finally reunites with him years late...