Cross My Heart And Hope To Die

By Colly_Mathiam

When Adrien heard news of Bella's accident, he didn't let a second pass and went straight to Forks. It seems... More

Just for reference
The Clumsy Swan
Two is better than One
Tall Trees
The Forethought
Some People Leave
Anything but Human
Not yet
A secret to die for
Nightmare
And so it goes
Thats a bad Idea.
Shifting
Everybody could kill
It will
Visitors in town
We're all victims here

Swans in Italy

454 25 4
By Colly_Mathiam

Alice drives around the bricked road, but there's just too much crowd to push further.

"What the hell?" Ade's brows furrowed at the sight of the cloaked people.

"I see him!" Bella spots Edward but its too far from where they are.

"You have to run to make it!" Alice said urgently. As Bella reaches for the door knob, Ade snaps.

"These...are humans right?" Just to be cautious.

"Yes. Adrien. These are people. Volturi doesn't go out in broad daylight. And if Edward's skin touches the light, he will be killed." Her eyes glared at Ade as if to order him to let Bella go.

She manages to get out thw vehicle and rush to Edward just in time before he goes out to the sun in full glory for death. He was pushed back by her body back to the establishment . And soon enough Edward comes to his senses.

"You're alive.."

"Yes. Of course." Bella pants as she clutched Edward's body.

"Come on." Alice was suddenly inside as well with Adrien. Although they can see the distaste of others for having two humans under the protection of the Cullens. Ade does feel like he wasn't supposed to be here.

"You're not.. Scared are you?" Alice taunts him but she too is worried for him in all honesty.

"No?"

They pass by a group of tourists before they make a turn for another room. Once the tourists were out of sight, they hear screams of agony. Ade and Bella didn't need to think hard what happened to the tourists, and they know it can very well happen to them.

The doors open to the main hall where it seems to be a political vampire group sat in their thrones like gods. Ade took note that they look nothing like the Cullens. Not even like Laurent or Victoria. They looked more medieval, makes him wonder how long these guys might've been dead.

"Aro-" Edward greeted in the most plainful way. That was enough to tell that these monsters are not friends. Not the kind you can ask to prom, or play baseball with. They had to be careful.

"Ahh Bell...la, Swan..." Aro is amused of the human that stood before her. But what took interest more is the man with them. Aro knew he is dead anyway. He wasn't a threat. But why not just kill him now? Aro thought.

"Don't even think about it-" Edward's weakling body tries his best to shield Ade, but the girl who looked like a doll, Jane, gives him pain. He curls down, as Aro gets close to Adrien.

"May I?" Aro meant his hand. Ade was hesitant at first but refusal would endanger Bella as well, and Edward and Alice who he needs to keep an eye on his sister.

"Huh, fantastic-" Aro said delighted. As he saw his past, befriending wolves, disliking their kind. But one thing of that is matching a monster's skill as a human and how some memories were well protected. He might be of some use at some point. A guard for the Volturi perhaps, to keep secrets confidentialities with? Aro was eager to turn him now until Alice cuts then short.

"I would suggest you wait till the fruit is ripe." Alice confidently comes closer for Aro to see.

"Turn him now, half of your prized possessions dies." It was a threat that Aro needed. He will want to wait. He will have to take a step back.

"Very Well, Adrien Swan, we shall see each other soon." He smiles creepily meanwhile, as Aro turned to Bella, he saw nothing."

Edward might've just led two baits for Aro. But it would meant that the Volturi won't harm them for now and it was enough assurance in this situation.

They will turn, that is what matters for Aro. And once they do, they will take them.

--------

Edward, Alice, Bella, and Adrien rejoin the Cullens.

While Bella is happy to be reunited with them, Adrien is still skeptic, analyzing and thinking about what Aro must've seen whilst holding his hand. Would that mean that he will be one of them? And Bella will also be a vampire? He wasn't gonna let that happen still.

"You guys smell like dogs." Rosalie comments glaring at Adrien. Clearly they've spent more time with the Quileutes.

-----

The Swans are now safe and sound back in Forks. Charlie let them slide for now. And everything seem normal at the dinner table.

"It's nice to have you two back here." Charlie said and both his children agree with him. "But you're still grounded for the rest your life." Pointing at Bella.

Adrien almost chokes on his food.
------

As Bella goes to her room, she sees Edward is already there. They were thinking about the events with the Volturi. The future. The Swan siblings turning into vampires. It was all too much to take in. But Edward invites her and Adrien to their house to discuss it formally.

"Bella, this is something we cannot just do in an instant." Edward keeps his hand in his pockets.

"But its something I know I won't regret." She tries to sound sentimental but Adrien isn't buying it thinking this is all impulse for her.

"I think the only fair way to handle this is by vote." Bella looks at everyone.

"You already know I'm voting 'no'."

"Alice?"

"Like you're not already my sister.     Of course, yes!" She is delighted and jumps to hug Bella, while Jasper rise where he sat. That's a yes.

"I vote yes. It'll be a relief not want to kill you." Jasper added in a stiff tone.

"Um.   Thanks? Okay, Rosalie?" Rosalie, torn, looks at Edward and then at Adrien.

"I'm not saying this because I don't like you, but this isn't the life I'd have chosen for myself. I wish there'd been someone to vote no for me...So... no." Rosalie glances at Carlisle.

While the rest voted yes. Adrien left abruptly. And Edward follows him.

"I know we never got along. But what Alice saw can still change. I'm trying my best to keep Bella alive. But whatever happens don't let it turn against you that you'd join the Volturi. Change it." Edward olaves a hand on Adrien's shoulder.

Bella sees opportunity to talk to her brother as well. "It is my life Ade."

"And you're throwing it away. Think about the people who wants to live but couldn't. Even the some of the Cullens, you can see it in their eyes how they regretted being a vampire." Adrien knew it would be useless to talk her out of it. Why is he even wasting his words on his stubborn sister.

"I'm not you, Ade. I don't run away when it's time to decide. I've made my choice. Either way I'll always be your little sister."

"Will you?"

-------------------------
A/N

We're almost there. How strong is the bond of siblings. Already knowing the future, that they might have separate paths. Be enemies, possibly? A gamble with life and death. That only monsters can benefit from.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714K 23.7K 22
After a night (Y/N) (L/N) was attacked by a monster of some sort, things were never going to be the same. In order to gain control of herself, she mu...
8.8K 308 21
"Why would you stay with me when I could hurt you at any second?" "I know you could never hurt me." _______________________________________________ C...
260K 6.1K 23
"That was not what I expected when we move here" ° ° ° ° Irene and her twin brother, Tony, move to Forks. The news of two new students spread fast an...
39 0 3
A twilight fanfic, because I was asked for it. It follows a boy, Roman, who moves freshly to Forks, Washington. There's nothing interesting about hi...