Cross My Heart And Hope To Die

By Colly_Mathiam

When Adrien heard news of Bella's accident, he didn't let a second pass and went straight to Forks. It seems... More

Just for reference
The Clumsy Swan
Two is better than One
Tall Trees
The Forethought
Some People Leave
Anything but Human
Not yet
A secret to die for
Nightmare
And so it goes
Thats a bad Idea.
Shifting
Swans in Italy
It will
Visitors in town

Everybody could kill

363 22 0
By Colly_Mathiam

Things somehow is becoming complicated more than how it is already. Before there were only vampires and now we have wolves the size of a horse. Victoria still out there and will attack who knows next? I think I'm going insane. And Leah is sick as per Seth, I bet Sue is worried.

But today I get a chance to do some errands. Grocery. Take a breather. Funny thing and unusual to see Jacob his hair was cut short, and he's hanging out with Embry and Quil again. They see me. I see them. I waved at them and approached.

"Hey Jacob, have you heard anything from Leah?" I was concerned as Leah wouldn't completely ignore me but she wouldn't be responding nice either.

"She's out of town with distant relatives. She won't be back for a while." He said trying to go for expressionless.

"Huh." I'm trying to put the pieces together. But Jacob and the guys cut me short to leave. I still had to pay for the groceries. Funny thing how they all hang out with Sam Uley who those kids never liked before. Peer pressure probably.

I get home just to see my lovely sister pissed as she look over her phone with Jacob's name on it.

"Somebody's being ignored." I teased.

"He's got mono."

"I just saw him today." I said while she looked betrayed. "With Embry and Quil." Adding fuel to the fire.

Maybe Leah found out something and they had to keep her mouth shut. I'd always have speculations about that Uley. I took it as a challenge.

"Do you wanna find out who's sick or not?" I eyed Bella as she took her jacket in a rush.

We parked just in front of the reservation fence. Bella was surprised to see Sam and his rookies emerge from the trees.

"How did you- is this what you and Leah had been doing for the past few days? Stalking Sam Uley?" She asked bothered.

"Look, We might be on to something here. See-" I point at how brooding everyone was. But to my surprise the last one in the line is Leah? She seems indifferent.

--------

Ade goes down of the truck and heads towards the group. Bella following closeby her brother who seems agitated of the sight.

"Seriously? You're hanging out with them? With him?" Ade points at Sam and not in a friendly way. Leah couldn't even speak its like she's waiting for someone else to speak for her. Thats not like her.

"Ade! Lets just go." Bella whimpers as she clutches on to Ade's arm. But then her and Jacob took a glance at each other.

Paul is trying hard to control his emotions but can hear Jacob's every monologue about Bella, and honestly its quite annoying.

"Did you tell her?" Paul snarls at Jacob.

"No!" He stood his ground. Even though he really wante Bella to know.

"Tell me about what!?" Bella seems confused. How could her bestfriend not tell her something.

"You told her about us didnt you!?" Paul takes a step forward as if wanting a fight. But Ade is having a whirlwind of emotions as well.

"Go home Adrien." Leah said in a low but condescending tone.

"Nope. Not gonna happen." Ade in his childlish self annoys everyone in the field.

"What is it that I need to know about you guys!?" Bella isn't going home without an answer either.

"Are you guys gay?" Ade blurted out "It's fine really." But Bella is even more pissed at Adrien now. Though Paul didn't take it lightly, he lunges forward at Ade turning into.. of course a wolf. But the surprising part of how Ade was able to maneuver about it.

A mere human dodging a 180 pound wolf. You don't get to see that everyday.

"What the hell!?" Bella yelled and tried to run to Jacob to warn him but as Paul plans to attack another swan after the other, Jacob comes to his senses and goes against Paul. As Adrien helps himself up, his eyes falls  on to Leah. She's one of them now and he understood.

"I couldn't tell you, it's against our law. Unless you found out on your own. And I wasn't planning to tell you either way." Leah said.

"Well it must've sucked for you that I know now." Ade tries to make a light hearted comment.

"Actually yes. Now go away." Leah is a bit insecure about all of this.

"No. Not going anywhere." Ade smiles.

Leah did somehow ended opening up about how this happened. She said something triggered her and she felt hot as if burning up. But Jacob did explained to her how having vampires nearby would cause for their inner wolf to wake up.

Victoria.

Ade then thought about it. Leah would be hunting Victoria no matter what. She had more reason to do so after Harry died. And she had more power to do so as well.

Sam then has no choice but to take them in. He leads them to Emily's place. And Ade just put the pieces together. The scar. Its from Sam then.

Jared and Embry were quick to tease the Swans. Funny how the wolves exchanged bets with how Ade easily dodged Paul's attack, and how Bella did not faint seeing Jacob shift.

"I've always put a lot of faith in you man!" Embry high fives Ade.

"Uhm thank you?" He laughs. He thinks this shouldn't be a big deal right, he had seen vampires what more a little flavor added to the fictions that are not so fictions but just hidden in plain sight.

Bella is still getting used to this. But its nice to know that she's not losing her bestfriend.

"I bet Bella already know all about us." Embry teases.

"I swear I don't." Bella defended.

"Well, Jacob's probably gonna tell you. His mind is a bit crazy. Like the things he thinks about you." Embry really letting it all out. Makes Ade laugh in embarassment.

"Oh please, not even you is safe." Jared gestured at Ade.

"Or is no one safe?" Bella really knows how to kill the vibe. It wasn't enough that she is a vampire lover isn't it? Leah could only roll her eyes at the poor human.

"She still thinks we kill people. How pathetic. Hypocrite." She comments but Sam only glared at her.

"We're not killing humans Bella." Jacob said disappointed at how Bella thinks of them. "The only thing we kill are Vampires."

"That's- that's actually good to know." Ade said trying to get to their good graces.

"Not good to know. Cause you guys can't fight vampires, they're dangerous." Bella has little faith in them really.

"We managed to take down the dude with the dreads didn't we?" Jacob said with an attitude.

"You mean Laurent?" Bella realizes it was them. The wolves.

"I mean Ade did clean him uo with a rifle first. Nice aim by the way." Jared salutes him.

"Once everyone's done. Jacob will take you home." Sam ordered just to ease and end the discussion. Now the two siblings get the authority of Sam. Even they nod.

"So is this like contagious?" Ade asks as he drives with Bella in the passengers seat, and Jacob at the back.

"You mean like those bloodsuckers?" Jacob isn't even holding back. "No. It's genetic. Although everything is their fault."

"They're not even here Jake." Bella glares at him.

"It's their kind Bella. You don't hear about wolves in Forks killing humans did you?" He shut her down. But everyone stayed calm as they reach their house and see how unusual the feeling is.

Jacob only took a wiff. "There's a bloodsucker in here." He and Ade took the lead cautiously.

"Do you think it's Victoria?" Bella asks.

"She's too smart to just put herself out here." Ade said as they take light steps.

But Bella sees the mercedes it's Carlisle's. She rushes in to the house despite the warnings of Jacob and Ade. She sees Alice and runs to her for a hug.

"Come on in then." Ade invites Jacob but he wasnt gonna accept it. Be in a room with a vampire.

"I can't. This is their land. Treaty says we can't cross." Jacib looks at Bella disappointingly. "I can't protect you here."

"You don't have to." Bella said which hurts Jacob's feelings.

"It's okay Jacob. I'll take it from here." Ade assures him.

But the phone rang just as he was on his way out.

"Swan Residence." He paused. "He's not here. He's at a funeral." Then he hangs up.

But Alice rushes over to the phone despite Jacob being there.

"Who was it?" Ade asks.
"Dr. Carlisle." Jacob said.

Alice is somehow a bit concerned. "It's Edward. We couldn't reach him. All he knows now is that Bella had died. And he plans to kill himself. He's going to Italy to the Volturi."

"That was easy." Ade commented receiving a glare from Alice.

"Why didn't you let me talk to him!?" Bella is furious. And she wasn't going to forgive Jacob now.

"We have to stop him. The only way to convince him you're alive is if you come with me." Alice said.

"Wait what?" Ade is not hearing this. "She's not going anywhere. Not near that group of who bees." Ade is taking up protectiveness standing beside Jacob this time.

"I'm eighteen, Ade. You can't stop me."

"Damn it. I'm going too." Ade isn't letting Bella go there alone now.

Charlie returns home to find a note that says his kids are out of town. He takes a second look but really what else could he do.

Just as he opens a can of beer, contemplating about his children's whereabouts. He hears a knock on his door. This late.

Opening it she sees a lovely face.

-----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

644K 15.3K 30
Y/N is just a small town girl who moved from Indiana to get a new chance on life. She moves to Forks, and catches the eye of Jasper Hale. There might...
8.7K 308 21
"Why would you stay with me when I could hurt you at any second?" "I know you could never hurt me." _______________________________________________ C...
37 0 3
A twilight fanfic, because I was asked for it. It follows a boy, Roman, who moves freshly to Forks, Washington. There's nothing interesting about hi...
69.6K 1.4K 35
You are the older adopted sister to Bella Swan and you recently found out you come from a long line of witches. While she lived with her mom in Phoen...