𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 | Seongjoon...

By kyle_exe

Seonghwa was just a simple guy trying to have some fun in a bar on a Friday night. He didn't expect there to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
ANNOUNCEMENT(?)
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter TwentyOne
Chapter TwentyTwo
Chapter TwentyThree
Chapter TwentyFour
Chapter TwentyFive
Chapter TwentySix
Chapter TwentySeven
Chapter TwentyEight
Chapter TwentyNine

Chapter Six

167 18 26
By kyle_exe

Seonghwa hung up the phone as he rushed to his car.

"...Damnit Woo." He mumbled as he unlocked the car and started the engine. If he was being honest it wasn't the first time his bestfriend had gotten so drunk, but everytime he did Seonghwa was always with him or didn't even know it.

So now Seonghwa was worried. And a lot.

He typed in the adress on the navigation app and immediately started driving, the amout of questions in his mind almost prevented him from keeping his focus on the road ahead.

After a good fifteen minutes he was pulling up beside the road in front of a yellow painted house.

He rushed out the car and locked it while walking to the door and pressed the little doorbell button beside it.

A red haired guy opened the door.

The red haired guy opened the door.

The singer.

The one that had captured his whole being just a week before, on his birthday night.

The guy wore a black fitted tank top and oversized dark blue jeans that were painted -probably by the guy himself- with little doodles and phrases Seonghwa didn't have time to read. He looked like he had planned to go out and Seonghwa was just paralized at the door, staring.

"...Am I at the wrong hous-"

"Are you Seonghwa?" The guy spoke.

Seonghwa nodded hesitantly, a puzzled look on his face.

"I'm Hongjoong, Wooyoung is sleeping on the couch."

Of course.

Seonghwa mentally facepalmed himself.

San and this guy, Hongjoong now that he had a name for the face, were in a band together. It was obvious that they were friends. How did he not think of that?

But again, that day in the parking lot he had seen him take the other guy's hand, were they boyfriends? Or just friends? They hadn't looked like friends. They didn't look like boyfriends either though.

Seonghwa nodded once again as Hongjoong stepped aside to let him in. Inside there were, again, Hongjoong, San, sat on the armchair beside the couch, and another guy with dark brown hair, sitting beside Wooyoung on the couch, that was studying his face, a curious look in his eyes.

"You are the friend who gave San the number?" The brown haired male spoke. It was a question, yeah, but it didn't sound like a question. More like a statement which needed a confirmation.

Seonghwa nodded once again. He was so shocked by this whole situation that he couldn't utter a single word.

"I'm Jongho," The brown haired guy said once again, pushing himself up from the couch and walking over to him. "San's brother. Nice to meet you." He offered his hand, which Seonghwa hesitantly shook.

"...Seonghwa."

"You're quieter than the last time, are you alright?" San handed him a glass of water -when did he even take it? Seonghwa didn't know.

Seonghwa's gaze flicked to Hongjoong for a second before focusing back on the pink haired man standing in front of him.

"I'm just... worried. I mean, I was, I- Now Woo is fine and he didn't get kidnapped so-"

San nodded and smiled at him as Seonghwa took the glass in his hands muttering a quiet "thank you". It was true, it wasn't like him to keep quiet at all.

He was just nervous, incredibly so.

I mean, how could he not when just beside him stood the most beautiful man he had ever seen in his whole twenty six years of being alive? It was pretty fair for him to feel like that, right? Even if his besfriend was snoring soundly on an almost stranger's couch.

He finished his glass of water and after having asked San where he should put it and setting it on the little coffee table in front of the couch he turned to the sleeping Wooyoung and sighed.

"You need help carrying him to your car?" San offered stepping closer.

Seonghwa nodded. "Yes, please."

And then, with the help of San, he dragged his besfriend's body out of the house and into the passenger seat of his car, securing the seatbelt and stepping back, closing the door.

"Thank you San, for... Not letting him stay there alone. I mean, he probably did it other times but–"

"Don't worry about it, really. I was worried too when I saw him there in that state."

Seonghwa smiled sadly at San, who smiled back with the same underline of sadness and worry.

"You're a great guy, San. I wish for Woo to find someone like you one day, maybe you, who knows?"

"You talk like an old man Seonghwa" San laughed resting a hand on his shoulder.

"I mean, I'm not old but I just celebrated my twenty sixth birthday." Seonghwa chuckled back.

"Then you're older than anyone here." San nodded to himself. "I mean, I don't know about Wooyoung but me and my friends are all going to turn twenty five this year, except Hongjoong that is turning twenty six in November and Jongho that is a year younger than all of us."

Seonghwa nodded and smiled once again to the man in front of him.

"Well, I'll get going then. Thank you again San. Take care."

"You too Seonghwa."

...

"I already saw him, but I can't recall where I've seen him." Hongjoong spoke from his spot on San's couch after San had returned inside from helping Seonghwa drag Wooyoung into his car.

He knew he had already seen the silver haired male somewhere, but he didn't remember when or how. It was pretty unusual to see someone with silver hair, so he was sure it had been him, but when...

"Are you talking about Seonghwa or Wooyoung?" Asked San propping himself down on the couch next to him.

"Seonghwa."

Jongho curiously looked at them conversing from the armchair where he had sat after the other guys had left, silently listening to their conversation.

"Maybe you've seen him at The Light? He was there with Wooyoung when I asked for his number."

"You asked for someone's number? You never ask for anyone's number!"

"I found him extremely attractive ok? Plus he didn't wanna give it to me. Seonghwa did."

"So you already had Seonghwa's number, why did I have to text him the adress?"

"No, Seonghwa gave me Wooyoung's number."

"We're getting off topic. So he was there the night we performed there?"

"Yes."

Hongjoong suddenly remembered where he had seen the guy. In the parking lot, when he was waiting for Mingi to arrive and drive him home.

He hadn't spent much time looking at Seonghwa, but he remembered clearly that he was already looking at him when he spotted him. He remembered clearly how Seonghwa's eyes had widened and how his cheeks had became red.

The thought brought him back to his boyfriend. The boyfriend that tonight he had planned to forget about to enjoy the night out with San, because he had been too tired to keep being sad over the night time calls that once were normal between them, that now had become only a faint memory of when they were actually happy together.

And maybe because of the younger's distance towards him lately, he too had started to lose feelings just a little.

Not enough for him to stop hurting though.

He let out a deep sigh, pushing himself up from the couch, when his phone vibrated against his thigh from his pants's pocket.

Why did he need to become so attached to Mingi exactly? It only hurt.

He fetched his phone and turned it on, scanning the notifications and spotting one from -speaking of the devil- Mingi.

It was a quick goodnight text. One that they used to excange so much during the first months of their relationship, but that now had become a rare occurrence.

And maybe it was because he was tired and exausted from carrying the weight of a grown ass man (Wooyoung), or maybe he had just had enough of the other's behaviour towards him, but he didn't know what pushed him to write that text message.

That one text message.

So with a quick "bye" to both San and his brother and one last sigh, he walked out of the house and got into his own car, ready to go home and pass out as soon as his body came in contact with his bed.

"We need to talk"

____________________

Why did I spend the past hour trying to learn "More than anything" from Hazbin Hotel, I don't know, but my brother said he's gonna learn it with me so now I'm happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 1K 33
a story about Kang Yeosang who doesn't believe in love. He always fortifies other people's feelings for him and keeps all the feelings he has with de...
447K 19.4K 64
[COMPLETE] In which Wooyoung is in a toxic relationship none of his friends know about. What happens when his best friend, Yeosang, sets him up on a...
4.3K 235 24
In which Hongjoong's perfect life falls apart in one afternoon so he decides to take a vacation and visit his uncle in Paris. He arrives just in the...
18.7K 600 16
'Hi daddy😘' 'Hey babyboy😏' In which Wooyoung dared Yunho to dm Mingi, his bias from Ateez. The last thing he expected was a response but luck was o...