Pokemon Genius

By Serperiorshiny

"The genius of Pokemon" a old mysterious book deceives people. A young high school student inherits memories... More

1. Memory
2. Partner
3. Special abilities
4. My first Battle
5. She has sweet addiction!
6. Getting along
7. Tournament I
8. Tournament II
9. Winning streak
10. Tournament III
11. Who wins?
12. Terarium
14. Birds on the Rock
15. This Girl is something!
16. This girl is crazy!
17. Unseen situation
18. Shame?
19. The bet
20. Confession

13. Two rivals

21 1 0
By Serperiorshiny

Aki's POV:-

I was walking towards the League club's battle court. I had left Kathy and William in the League club room. I had got a message from the same unknown person again. This time the message was

[League club's battle court]

A short message indicating me to reach this designated place. I told Kathy and William that I am heading to this place before them. On reaching I found two students.

“Hello. Your Battle Science class is over already?”

“Yeah.”

The two students were the members of student council, Han and Ananya. There were two Pokemons alongside them. Han was standing with Azumarill while Ananya was standing with Roserade. It looked like they had reached this place just few moments earlier.

“A junior student is here. I remember you from the tournament. Are you Aki?”

“Yes I am Aki, Ananya.”

“You remember me well. Are you here for the League club challenge?”

“No. I am not for the challenge.”

“Then?”

I saw Ananya being curious about my presence in the club battlefield. The two senior students were waiting for my answer.

“I want to join the League club.”

The two girls looked shocked with the answer. Ananya gave a giggle.

“Ha ha ha. I didn't expected you to accept the president's offer this soon.”

Han agreed with Ananya.

“I am not accepting president's offer. I am just joining the League club but not the challenge.”

“You didn't found any other student to participate in the challenge? Don't worry you can take your time to get someone.”

“Sorry but as I said I don't have intention to challenge the Student council.”

Ananya gave a sigh.

“Maybe that's why President is interested in you.”

Ananya took my club card and gave me the membership for League club.

“As of now, your rankings in the League club is the lowest. If you battle the other members your rankings might increase. If you are in top 20 you might be able to join the student council.”

Han broke her silence.

“May I ask you something?”

“Yes?”

“What changed your mind?”

“It's my personal will.”

I thought League club had lot benefits and I could go to new places as they hold a lot of trips. I could find a lot more Pokemons then I will find here in Blueberry Academy. I don't find any disadvantage of joining the club.

“Hmm?”

Han didn't looked convinced with the answer. She avoided to ask more questions.

“Well before the challengers come here, may I talk with you Han?”

“Yes I am listening.”

I thought I was being the third party here so I decided to leave them.

“Wait Aki. I have want to talk with you too.”

Ananya stopped me from going anywhere.

“So Han, are you aiming for the President seat next year?”

“Yes I do and I suppose you are even aiming for the same. That means we will face each other in future.”

“Yeah. I would ask you to not hold back.”

“I won't. You don't hold back either.”

“I won't show any mercy to you, remember that. I will destroy every obstacle before me.”

With that Ananya walked away from Han.

“Take it as a warning.”

“Sure.”

“Well then, bye Aki. I hope we meet soon.”

“Y-Yeah bye I guess.”

She just wanted to say bye to me. She stopped me for a bye?

Ananya left the battle court. After few moments, Kathy and William appeared in the battle court. They were the current challengers for Han.

“We are here for the council challenge,” Kathy spoke.

“Yes. I know. Let's begin.”

____________________________

The three trainers were ready for the match. Two Pokemons of Han, Azumarill and Pachirisu were confronting Kathy's Snivy and William's Froakie. I stood in between as the refree for the match to commence.

“Begin!”

With that Kathy and William shouted commands for their Pokemons.

“Snivy vine whip!”

“Froakie quick attack!”

The two Pokemons hit their foe. Han remained silent for a brief moment. The moves had almost no effect on her Pokemons.

“Azumarill protect yourself. Pachirisu discharge.”

The electric move from Pachirisu hit the opposing Snivy and Froakie. The two Pokemons got heavily shocked with the move. There were swirls in their eyes. Pachirisu had single handedly overpowered both of them.

That's probably the strength of the Student council members. Han being the lowest ranked did single-handedly won the match. There was a wide gap of experience between them.

“Snivy?”

“Froakie!”

The two trainers rushed towards their Pokemons.

“The challenge ends here.”

Han left the battle court. For a short moment she looked at both the trainers. Before leaving, she exchanged glances with me.

I must have already anticipated this kind of results. I could not understand the reason behind this challenge. Why did Kathy and William decided to take this challenge and why was I asked to do the same?

“Let's head to infirmary. Your Pokemons are in bad condition.”

Kathy and William agreed with me. There was some change in William's facial expressions. I always found similar changes when he lost the match during the tournament.

“William?”

“What?”

He blinked his eyes twice shaking away the previous expressions.

“Let's hurry to the infirmary.”

Kathy took the lead and left the battle court with William.

_________________________

I met up with Marlon after the school. Marlon looked happy to catch Pokemon. He showed me his two new Pokemons. They were Horsea and Tentacool. We were walking back on the way to our rooms.

“Both of them are water type.”

“Yeah I found them in Coastal Biome. There were lot of water type Pokemons. I found a Luvdisc but it ran away as soon as Totodile tried to hit it. Ryan almost fell into the water when the Crabrawler scared him. Ha. Ha.”

I laughed.

“Did Ryan caught any Pokemon?”

“He caught Zangoose.”

It looked like the Coastal Biome had completely different Pokemons from the Savanna Biome.

“There are many water type Pokemons in the Coastal Biome. I want a Fishing rod for finding more.”

“You like Water type Pokemons?”

“I do. They are beautiful! I want to become a Water type trainer after all. In Johto there are no public Water type gym. I want to be a gym leader in Johto.”

“It sounds fun. If you get strong enough you might become an Elite four member or maybe the Champion.”

“Yes I might become Cherrygrove city gym leader. Well why didn't you caught any Pokemon yet?”

“I thought to give a thought on which Pokemon I should catch or where should I start catching Pokemon. I am confused.”

“Well you can try in Savanna Biome itself. The Savanna Biome is most diverse among all other biomes.”

“I think I will start there.”

I remembered the egg in my room. I can have the choice of having that Pokemon as my second Pokemon. Or maybe...

... It won't hatch at all.

I must consider going to Savanna Biome.

“Aki which type of trainer you want to become? Do you want to specialise in a type? Maybe grass type? There are lots of Exeggcute in Coastal Biome.”

Which type of trainer?

“I would consider going with the flow.”

“Hmm?”

“I won't limit myself to particular typings. Going with the flow is best for me.”

“I see.”

I stopped in the path.

“What happened Aki?”

“I had a thought.”

“What?”

“If you try for years and yet you don't see a slim chance of getting success, will you give up?”

There was silence for a brief time.

“I might think to give up.”

That answer...

“But what if you gave up too early for getting the chance.”

“Too early?”

“I won't become a gym leader in just few days. It would surely take time. There could be better gym leaders than me and I might not find hope battling against them and think of giving up but...”

Marlon took a breath.

“...there might be some hints I am missing. I might be avoiding the chances of hopes and giving up too soon.”

I am missing chances?

“Your question is quite confusing. I think my answer isn't quite proper.”

“No. It's fine.”

We parted our ways. I entered my room. I saw the egg still on the table.

Maybe there are some chances....

I stared it for some moment.

Or not...

____________________

Author's note:-

Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well.

By the way, toothless dancing meme is getting very popular these days. We all know in heart that the music ain't toothless dancing music but the original Driftveil city theme.

Pokemon music is quite famous. The newest Biri Biri from Yoasobi has got very popular. The N's emotion theme is highly used in most of the videos. I have one friend who has never played Pokemon games and when I made him listen few Pokemon themes, he recognised them in certain videos not related with Pokemon stuff. He was surprised when I told him the origin.

I love Pokemon series for same reason. It's due to this series I got interested in nature. I learnt a lot from it. I guess everyone has.

By the way, I revise my works so sometimes I find few mistakes like grammatical errors or typing errors so I try to correct them. I don't know if you get notification for revised chapters but if you get them so it might be because I am correcting these errors.

Thank you everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 408 34
(I do not own Fairytail and it's characters. Only the plot in this story, and some of the characters my mind has created. As FT lovers, you would be...
41.7K 1.5K 10
In the world of Young Justice, Jason Todd was the second Robin after Dick Grayson. But Jason didn't last very long, dying in the line of duty. His de...
29.1K 625 15
As the symbol of peace trains a successor to take his place, a darkness rises to meet that level. Meanwhile... Percy Jackson was just chillin and hav...
3.7M 150K 164
" he broke up with his supposedly true love, her. she can't seem to do anything but write. " 「 watty award winner...