Wasted potential ★ holes [zig...

By wormgibby

"They call her shark She bites" A bad mistake and an altercation with the police gets jo dalton sent to a ca... More

Prologue
Silly little memes:p
Incorrect quotes
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
A/n
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifthteen
Sixteen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty- eight
Twenty- nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
A very special thank you
Act 2 prologue
Thirty-five
Thirty- six
Thirty - seven
Thirty - eight
Thirty - nine
Forty
Forty - one
Forty - two
Forty- three
Forty - four
Forty - five
Forty - six
Forty - seven
Forty- eight
A/n
Forty-nine
New book!

Seventeen

799 13 1
By wormgibby

The morning bugle blared into sharks ear, waking her up instantly. She wished it wasn't so annoying and loud. They really couldn't have picked a better sound to wake them up with?

She stayed in bed even after the bugle was going off, longer than she probably should have. It was enough for squid to notice she was gonna be late.

"Come on shark, we gotta go." He told her, shaking her roughly.

She groaned. "Your gonna have to drag me out of here." She told him, pulling the covers over her head.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Fine, have it your way." He said. he grabbed her legs and started to pull her off the cot, causing her to yelp.

"Fine fine I'm up!" She said, defeatedly. She was glad she decided to get up before squid dragged her on to the floor.

She got up to get her digging clothes. she was able to find her jumpsuit, but she couldn't find her shirt. She sighed in frustration. This caught the attention of zigzag. "What's wrong?" He asked her.

"Laundry hasn't given me my digging shirt back yet." She explained, looking around one more time. She only had one clean-ish shirt left and she wanted to keep that one for relaxing.

"Here." Zigzag said, tossing something her way. It was his gray long sleeved shirt. "Wear that." He told her.

"You sure?" She asked him, making sure it was okay.

He nodded. "Might be a little big, but I think you'll be good." He said.

She smiled. "Thanks zig." She took her sleep shirt off and put on zigs shirt, he was right, it was too big. The sleeves hung off her arms. "Fits perfectly." She joked.

Zigzag admired her well she was in his shirt. She looked cute in it. He was staring for a bit to long before he was snapped out of it by mom yelling outside the tent.

"Rise and shine d tent!" He yelled at the campers.

"Guess we better get going." Shark said, tying her jump suit sleeves around her waist and grabbing her canteen. She quickly put her hair in a messy ponytail before she followed the boys out of the tent to get there breakfast and dig there holes.

-

Half way through the hole digging, mom came by with the water truck and some lunch. Bologna sandwich's and a apple. Same thing everyday. Occasionally there would be a cookie or gram cracker to go along with it, but not today.

Shark was sat on the ground next to zigzag, her body leaned up against his as they shared his apple. Shark always ate her apple first, it was her favorite part of the meal and zigzag knew it, so they always shared his apple.

"Here." He said, after he finished taking a bite and handing it to her. She took it from his hand and took a big bite.

The two just sat there in silence for a little, passing the apple back and fourth until only the core was left.

"Think if I throw this in a hole the lizards will eat it?" Zigzag asked her.

"You could but apples carry no nutritional value to lizards." He explained.

He shrugged, throwing it into an abandoned hole that was now infested with lizards.

Shark looked over at Stanley by the water truck, he was showing mom something that he had found. X ray was the first to make his way over. Soon the rest of the campers followed, including shark and zigzag.

"Stanley, the warden isn't interested in fossils." Mom told Stanley handing him back whatever it was he found.

Stanley took by his discovery disappointedly before squid reached over and grabbed the fossil out of his hand. "Let me see that." He said, examine the rock, shark peered over squids shoulder to get a better look.

"What is it?" Magnet asked.

"See look, look at the little fishy's...aww." armpit said in a baby voice, pointing to the fish.

The group looked at him, he quickly cleared his throat and spoke again. "I mean, you know it looks like those cave pictures you know what I'm saying?" He said, back to his normal speaking voice.

"You know the oldest known fossil is 3.5 billion years old?" Shark told them.

The rest of the campers seemed disappointed with Stanley's find, walking back to there holes.

"Tell you what I think Stanley belongs in the cave." Squid said as he walked back to his hole.

"I thought your fossil was cool Stanley." Shark told him, before heading back to her hole with the rest of the boys, catching up to zigzag.

Once she was caught up with him he slung his arm around her. "So, after the holes are dug wanna meet me in d tent so I can get my lizard tattoo?" He asked her.

She chuckled at him calling it a tattoo. "Sure zig, but don't expect me to be leonardo da vinci." She told him.

"Is he the dude who cut his ear off?" He asked her.

"No, Your thinking of vincent Van Gogh." She corrected him.

-

After the holes were dug and shark was cleaned off, her and zigzag sat on her cot. Her focus was intensely on the drawing of the yellow spotted lizard he asked her to do.

It was silence for the most part, but shark enjoyed it. There was no such thing as awkward silence when it came to her and zigzag, just comfortable silence.

The peaceful quiet was broken by zigzag speaking.

"Has your mom written to you lately?" He asked her.

"Yeah, I got a letter from her a couple days ago." She said, still focused on drawing.

"Yeah? How's franny doing?" He asked her.

"She's good, she still sleeps in my bed at night. It's probably gonna be covered in cat hair when I finally get home." She said.

Zigzag laughed slightly, making his hand move. "Quit laughing or the lizards tail is gonna be all wonky." She told him.

"Sorry.." he said, trying to be as still as possible for her. "How's uh, your mom doing?" He asked.

Shark thought for a moment. She loved her mom, more than anything. She wished she could hug her right now, get a smell of her perfume that she wore so often. "She's good, she said there planning on re doing the downstairs bathroom soon." She said, she knew zigzag probably didn't care about that stuff, but she didn't know what else to say about here.

"They? I thought your dad moved out." He questioned, remembering how she said her parents were divorced.

"Oh my moms boyfriend. He lives with us." She explained. "They've been together for like, 4 years, I think he wants to get married but I don't know if my moms ready for that, or even wants to get re married at this point." She said. Finishing up the tail of the lizard, then going back to add some extra details in.

"Do you like him?" He asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

"What is this 20 questions?" She asked, looking at him. "He's a nice guy, always treated me and Micheal like we were his own kids. More of a dad than my actual dad was."

Shark was starting to not like where this conversation was going, she hated talking about her biological dad. And she was hoping zigzag wouldn't ask anymore questions.

She finished the final touches on the lizard before putting the cap on her pen. "All done." She said.

Zigzag looked down at his hand, admiring the word. "This is great shark." He thanked her.

"Just don't touch it for a little, the ink might still be wet." She advised him.

He nodded. "Yeah, would hate to ruin this masterpiece." He told her.

She put her pens away in a safe place then turned back to zigzag.

"Alright, rec room time!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.8K 3.6K 19
Merida, Elsa, Anna, and Rapunzel are four best friends . They had the perfect summer planned, going to the beach, shopping, and going to parties. Wel...
19.7K 334 24
"Blood of the creature..." Visibly estranged from her incarcerated twin brother, the beautiful and cunning Tyler Zeroni lives comfortably on the desi...
2.8K 41 17
With everyone out of camp Greenlake (and it being shut down after everyone realizing The Wardens ill intentions) everyone has a new life. A fresh sta...
11.1K 106 20
(This is a Holes Fanfiction) You are female in this story sorry:(( Esme Quinn, your seemingly Average 14 year Old girl. She may seem super sweet, ki...