The Feeling of Life and Death...

By TsunaGirl

Katrina Carter has recently transferred to Resurgam Medical Center. She is a very skilled doctor, she special... More

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

62 4 16
By TsunaGirl

[THERE ARE REFERENCES TO PREVIOUS TRAUMA CENTER CHARACTERS. IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THEM BEFORE, YOU MAY BE CONFUSED.]

After a long meeting in the conference room, Esha escorted to my room. The room wasn't that big, and wasn't too small. Perfect for me.

"Thank you for escorting me here, Esha." I thank her.

"No problem! Feel free to customize this room to your liking! Gotta run!" Esha skips happily out of the room, and gently shutting the door. I sigh. A lot has happened these past couple days.

Yesterday, at Caduceus USA

"Don't go, Katrina! I'll really miss you!" Angie hugs me tight. Her voice shakes, like she is about to cry.

"Come on Angie, just let her go. Resurgam needs someone as awesome as Katrina!" Derek peels Angie off of me, and then looks me right in the eye.

"I know you'll do great there, Katrina. But, I have to admit, I will miss you the most. You've helped me so much, from Med School all the way till' now. I owe you so much." Derek's eyes become watery.

I turn my head, trying not to show my face, which was on the verge of tears.

"Shut up, I didn't do that much..." I mumble, barely hiding the emotions that were bubbling inside of me.

"That's Katrina all right. Always being so modest. Good luck at Resurgam! Try not to show off too much." Derek winks at me.

My mouth curls up into a smirk. "You know I will."

I then pick up my box of belongings, and leave the building. I turn around to look at it once more. But, I know I'll be back here one day. I smile, thinking about when it'll be.

Current Time

I look around the room that I'll be living in for awhile. There was already a bed, and a kitchen. I check all of the doors and what they lead too. Bathroom, Closet, and an empty storage room.

I make a list of all the things I need to buy, and I head outside. I then notice a moving truck.

"It's probably my belongings..." I mutter.

I walk over to the moving truck. I then notice someone moving my boxes. He was wearing a white coat, so I immediately assume that he was a doctor.

"Umm... Hello?" I quietly ask him.

"Hmm?" The man looks up. He has deep red eyes that seem to go on forever.

"Sorry. Did I surprise you?"

"No, you didn't. The chief told me to help you take up your stuff." He mumbles.

"Okay. Thanks. What is your name?"

"...I don't remember... But my prison code is CR-S01."

"Prison code?" I ask.

"Yes. The police tell me that I'm responsible for the Cumberland College Incident."

"The Cumberland College Incident..? What..?" I ask, surprised that I'm speaking to the man responsible for such a incident.

"Are you...really responsible..?" I ask slowly.

"I don't remember... I lost my memories during the incident."

"Oh. I'm...sorry to hear that." I look down.

"Don't be." He turns away, and continues to take boxes in his hand.

He then turns around again.

"Where do you want me to take these?" He asks.

"Please place them in front of my room. It's in the diagnostics hall. Room 102. Thank you for helping." I give a half-smile.

"No need to thank me." He turns again, and walks through the hospital entrance.

I head to the bus stop, so I can do my shopping. On my way there, I bumped into Hank, who was already waiting at the bus stop.

"Hey, Katrina. Are you going shopping?" Hank asks me.

"Yes, I am. What about you?" I ask him.

"I'm doing some shopping for myself as well. I also need to pick up some snacks for Gabe and I."

I nod my head, listening to Hank talk about his plans. When the bus arrives, we sit next to each other. The bus ride was a bit awkward, as none of us said a word the entire time. In the end, we both end up going to the same store.

While I was shopping, I heard 2 gunshots boom throughout the store. I run to where the shots were coming from. A man was pointing a gun at the cashier.

"H-Hurry up and gimme the cash...! Make it quick!" He yells at the cashier.

"Not so fast, criminal!"

Suddenly, something, or someone appears out of nowhere. It was a very tall man, wearing a blue suit with yellow trimmings covering his whole body. He was very well-toned, and was very intimidating. Although, I found him to be slightly amusing, as his costume was quite childish.

"Who the hell are you!?" The man with the gun demands, shocked like everyone else.

"I am the ambassador of love and justice. Captain Eagle! No crime will be tolerated in my watch!" His voice boomed.

"Wha...!? You masked freak! I-I'm gonna shoot...!" yells the man.

The man in costume sounded familiar. Very familiar. It's almost like-

"Hwa...!"

My thoughts were interrupted.

The Captain Eagle man had punched the man through the roof.

"What...?" I stare in shock.

The costumed man walks over to the cashier.

"Sir, are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah..." replies the frightened cashier.

"I apologize for the mess. Please allow me to help fix it..."

He gives the cashier a few coins, clearly not enough to pay for the roof.

"And farewell!" His voice booms again.
The man disappears.

"Huh...? Uh, hey! Wait! ...This isn't gonna cover the damage!" The cashier calls out to him too late.

I just stand from where I was watching, still shocked about what just happened.

"Have you heard of that Captain Eagle before?" I ask the cashier as I'm paying.

"I've seen him in the papers before. He receives a lot of bad press, saying he's a hypocrite and stuff."

"Hmm..." I think about the man that I just saw. I can't get the thought out of my head. He was way too familiar, but I don't know who.

"Oh! Please let me also pay for the damage. The amount of money that he gave you clearly wasn't enough." I hand him a $50 dollar bill.

"Thank you m'aam. I appreciate it."

Back at the hospital

"Wha..?" I look at all of the boxes stacked up right in front of my door.

"How am I supposed to get through?"

I then hear someone opening a door, or least tries to open a door.

"What!? Why isn't it opening!?" I hear someone yell from the room across from mine.

"Dr. Cunningham..?" The voice sounds just like him.

Suddenly, the door flies open, sending a pile boxes right towards me.

"Aah!" The boxes hurl towards me, pushing me towards the ground. The boxes land right on top of me.

"Woah! Why are there so many boxes!?" I hear Dr. Cunningham exclaim.

I try to get up, but the weight of the boxes pin me down to the ground.

"Mmph!" I try to speak, so I can catch Dr. Cunningham's attention.

"Gah! Why are those boxes moving!?" I hear him say. I then hear footsteps walk over to me.

"Mmph!" I make more noise for him to see that I'm underneath the boxes.

"Wha...? Is someone under there?" He lifts up one box, and I could finally see his face staring at me, in shock.

"What the hell!? What are you doing here!?" He asks me in shock.

"Just remove the boxes! I'm stuck!" I demand him.

He removes all of the boxes, and I'm finally able to get up.

"Thanks." I mumble in a quiet voice.

"What were you doing there!?"

"It's not my fault I was there! You're the one that knocked them over!" I protest.

"How's that my fault!? You're the one who placed those boxes there!" He argues back.

"Ugh. I admit that it was my fault..." I look down. I should've been more specific when I told CR-S01 where to place my boxes.

"You see!? It's not my fault!"

"Instead of yelling at me, why don't you help me take these boxes into my room, so that doesn't happen again!"

"Why should I help you? I'm busy!" He protests.

"If it's about work, I can always help you with that. That's the reason I came to this hospital! To help everyone out! Now, can you please help me?" I look him straight in the eyes. He looks away, a bit flushed in the face.

"Fine, I'll help you..." He grumbles.

He then tries to take a box from another pile, but then the pile falls. On both of us.

"Aaagh!" We both yell at the same time.

Author's Note:
Hi! It's Aria and Rocky! First off, we are apologizing about being inactive for a long time! We were both really busy, and we had no time to continue updating! But, we hope that you like this chapter of our Trauma Team fanfiction! Thanks so much for the people who are reading this! ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

963K 38.1K 47
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
217K 5.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
467K 29.6K 93
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 44K 89
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC