Long Story Short | Theseus Sc...

Bởi kjlyds

With a dark wizard's rise to power, the International Confederation has assigned two aurors from the British... Xem Thêm

𝐋𝐎𝚴𝐆 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝚮𝐎𝐑𝐓
000 a heroine and king
𝚨𝐂𝐓 𝐈
001 cycad manor
002 a suspicious witness
003 a trip to paris
004 confessions & tears
005 a plan gone right
006 i see sparks fly
007 a familiar face
008 defenceless words
009 confined feelings
010 an offer & a plan
011 to reconnect
012 new meetings & chaos
013 an unsettling feeling
014 i remember it all too well
015 actions & consequences
016 the grudge
017 homewrecker
018 cat and mouse chase
019 it's a crime scene
020 in and out
021 warmth & snow
022 fight or flight
023 crash the party
024 drunken stumbles
025 alleyways of london
026 in the holiday spirit
027 the war hero & the fool
𝚨𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈
028 oddly freeing
029 the moment i knew
030 cold shoulder
031 quite the contrary
032 i wish you would
033 false farewells
034 to new land
035 a series of events
036 an interruption
037 investigating what?
038 it's a dinner party
039 the confederation
040 tears and a letter
041 executioners
042 the babysitter
043 way things go
044 the wreckage
045 bittersweet goodbyes
046 cafe gossip
𝚨𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈
047 the book about beasts
048 chaotic mishaps
049 bottled up emotions
050 don't poke the bear
051 three broomsticks
052 delivering a letter
053 if only she were smarter
054 victim analysis
055 collecting herbaria
056 the princess & the hero
057 set the trap and watch
059 the purposed danger
060 i know you better
061 rumours in a ballroom
062 an impromptu event
063 acquiring a portkey
064 all she had to do
065 it's better left unsaid
066 nostalgia

058 to say forevermore

971 32 8
Bởi kjlyds

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The door to Theseus' apartment seemed bigger. It was looming over her, taunting her as her hand hovered over the door. Ariadne didn't know why she felt so small, she didn't know why butterflies fluttered in the most annoying pattern, rising from her feet to her head. It was just Theseus on the other side. Just Theseus.

He had offered to walk home with her, but she needed to finish her report, and most importantly, she didn't want to fuel other people's gossip. Not when Travers and Wilton were discussing their case a few meters away. Not when Wilton was throwing suspicious glances between the two of them.

Gathering her courage, she knocked three times. Surprised when Theseus almost immediately opened the door. For a moment, she just stared up at him. Every anxious thought rolled off the tip of her tongue as well as every word she planned to say. Nothing mattered anymore. All she wanted was him. Theseus swept the air with his hands, silently inviting her in, ignoring the fact that they had both been observing each other. She had looked tired in the morning, more alive now. Ironic considering that she had been through so much today that it should have drained her. Nevertheless, she stood inside his apartment, her doubts left behind as she held her guts.

He led her to his couch. The last time she was here, she was having a panic attack. Forgive her if things seemed a little different now. Her memory was a little foggy, blurred by anxiety and agitation. The couch was new, the old one was blue, the new one grey. He had added to his collection of books, some stacked in a cardboard box instead of being displayed. Still, the small minotaur figurine she had gotten in their youth stood proud and tall beside his favourite novels. Beside his bookcase, a wooden table held up framed photos. Ariadne caught sight of Newt's book release party.

"Tea?" He asked politely. It was a peace offering. She had offered him tea on the day she kissed him. He had offered her tea on the day she first entered his apartment. Ariadne nodded, an infectious smile lifting her lips. A white teapot floated high above, serving tea into two small cups. Eagerly, the teacup sped towards her, almost spilling its contents in the process. Amused, Ariadne gratefully took the cup, two hands holding the delicate glassware.

"Do you remember when you invited me for lunch? Right after Travers told us our assignment had been terminated?" He nodded softly. How could he forget? Every moment he spent with her would always be engraved in his mind. "I think I started falling for you then." Again, she wanted to add but admitting that out loud would remind her of the fact that her grudge had wasted precious time that they both didn't have. If only she had pushed away her anger earlier.

He had a soft smile on his face, one only reserved for her. "You had me hooked the day you walked in late for History of Magic."

Ariadne chuckled, placing her tea down on the coffee table, "I can't believe I got Lacewood's question wrong." In their minds, they explored a distant Hogwarts classroom. Younger versions of themselves sat besides each other. Unknown to them, their relationship would hit a few rocky waves and a large tsunami.

Theseus shrugged, a smirk toying his face as he leaned against the armrest, "Worked out for me."

"You're charming," she rolled her eyes, Merlin, did he look handsome. "What am I going to do with you?" She bumped their knees together playfully. Winter was around the corner and the temperature had been dropping. Her body was so close to his that she could feel the welcoming warmth that radiated off him. For a moment, her words seemed to spark a waging war inside his head. She could tell by the way he furrowed his brows. Tilting her head to the side, her smile prompted him to speak.

"Let me be yours," he requested and Ariadne sat up straighter. "You have already expressed how much you hate me for having your heart and you know you already have mine." His hands held hers loosely, keeping her grounded. "Let me freely devote myself to you."

"No one could know," she started, her voice low, "I won't let you lose your position as Head Auror because of me," Ariadne reasoned, her fingers meticulously tracing his features. As much as she didn't want to admit it, Theseus made a great Head Auror. He was patient and compassionate. He knew the limits of his aurors and he knew when to push them. However, the Ministry was upheld by laws and justice. A relationship dynamic like theirs would shift the scale. They would want Theseus to step down and if he stepped down, someone incapable of holding the position would become Head of the Auror department. If that happened, chaos could unfold and it would be her fault. "And he would demote me as soon as possible."

"What Travers doesn't know can't hurt him," he said, his hand drawing near to brush a stray piece of hair back into place, behind her ear. "No one would have to know. As long as I have you." He wanted her, that's what he told her. Now, it was up to her to agree. He had surrendered every ounce of power to her. In her hands was one decision that would change the course of their lives. Without wasting a second, Ariadne climbed on top of his lap, kissing him in a way that lit his body on fire.

Actions speak louder than words, and here she was, pouring her heart out. Every word left unsaid, every moment she wasted fueled her movements. He squeezed the outside of her thighs before his hand trailed up to her neck. The other hand was on her waist, pulling her even closer as her body flushed against his. With the touch of his lips so soundly moving against hers, Theseus' apartment seemed to fade away. Receiving the same urgency that she had given, the only thing on her mind was the feeling of his lips on hers. Until...

"Oh." A thought surprised her as she abruptly pulled away.

While moving away, Ariadne accidentally banged her forehead against Theseus' nose. "Ow," he let out dramatically.

"Oh, sorry," she chuckled, gently kissing the tip of his nose. They were breathing hard, their bodies making up for the lack of oxygen. Her chest rose and fell against his. With their lips detached, his arms rested against her legs, his fingers interlocking behind her. Ariadne fought back a smile as she glanced down at Theseus' gorgeous face. "Melinda told me she scored a date with a Ministry official," she started, recalling the information she was dying to disclose. She waved off his concern, "Someone unimportant though, I did a background check."

"What about her and Bailey?" He asked, confused. It wasn't a secret that the younger witch had feelings for their friend. Both Ariadne and Theseus thought that they would've gotten together by now. However, Melinda proved them wrong by ignoring her feelings.

"Funny you mention him. Apparently, she doesn't think he reciprocates her feelings," Ariadne mused, taking pity on Melinda's situation. A week ago she sat in the same position, only time had worked in her favour. "And she's tired of waiting for him to do something. So she's 'moving on.'"

"Has she talked to him about it?"

"I don't think so," she played with the collar of his shirt, glad to see him just as interested in their friends' business as her. "But, I was thinking-"

"That can't be good."

She sent a punch to his right arm, causing him to let out a laugh. "Anyways, I think it's time we both give them a little push in the right direction."

"You want to meddle with their relationship?"

"Oh, as if they didn't do the same to us," she refuted, feeling his chest vibrate as he chuckled. There were countless times where Bailey and Melinda had acted suspiciously. At first, Ariadne had ignored it, for the sake of her sanity. However, looking back, she couldn't help but laugh at her friends' antics.

Theseus leaned forward, kissing her sweetly, "You are something else, Ariadne."

Later that night, Ariadne slipped out of Theseus' embrace. His soft snores filled his bedroom as the cold floor tickled her feet. It felt surreal to be here. He was hers and she was his. Despite that, as soon as they walked into the Ministry, they were two separate people, nothing more than friendship fueling their relationship. Ariadne needed it that way. She would not let Theseus be taken away from his work because of her. Not when she needed him as Head Auror as much as he wanted to hold the position.

She had never been mad at him for taking the position away from her. Inevitably, she knew she wouldn't have been offered the position. Not in the workplace that she engaged in. Claude Barracus was one in a million. She just hoped that he knew how much he meant to her. Because if not for him, she would not be here today.

Before Ariadne could dwell further, soft tapping on a window brought her attention elsewhere. An owl, dusty grey, eyes large and bright peered through. Attached to his leg, red string tied together a piece of parchment. Quietly, Ariadne opened the window, the owl hooted gently and nudged her hand. Smiling, she untied the string, the parchment, falling into her hands. Soon after, the owl flew away, its mission complete. Carefully checking if Theseus was still asleep, she unrolled the paper.

Tomorrow's front page titled: 'Franklin Selwyn Finally Steps Out Of The Shadow' laid in her hands. A photo of Franklin glaring at the camera stared back at Ariadne. He winced at the flashes. Skimming down, her mouth slightly agape, she read the following:

Franklin Selwyn, younger brother to famous Alexander Selwyn seems to find his stance on the oncoming rumour of war. As a senator representing the British Ministry of Magic, the younger Selwyn condemned the attempts of stopping Grindelwald as well as the orders from the Minister of Magic, Hector Fawley. Causing unrest between the senator and the Ministry, Selwyn has brought attention to the Minister's failed plans, pondering the question: is Fawley doing enough to save the innocent from Grindelwald's terrorising fanatics?

[1756 words]

a/n

not me listening to 'i want to be with you' by chloe moriondo while writing this. ugh i love that song. how we feeling about a secret relationship? it wouldn't be theseus and ariadne without a little bit of drama. 

anyways if this was an english novel to be studied, tea would be a symbol. but funny enough, guess what guys? i hate english. completely despise it. ironic considering i love writing. 

kjlyds

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

263K 5.6K 40
Aurora liana Dumbledore has always been friends with Newt and had a crush on Theseus even though he was a little older than her. When Newt was expell...
409K 25.9K 23
Three months after the infamous Gellert Grindelwald escapes during his transport to Azkaban, the Ministry of Magic finds themselves in yet another up...
1K 14 7
Theseus Scamander was a man of many means. A boy born with "pure-blood" and great wealth was already destined for a comfortable life, but in the comp...
23.1K 529 14
I can't help but be wrong in the dark 'Cause I'm overcome in this WAR OF HEARTS Theseus Scamander × Female OC @2022 Wattpad @AnuLokivord Cover By @A...