An odd little family (smiling...

By ReadingFluffAndAngst

Y/N L/N is a single mother, taking care of her adopted daughter, Dorothy, while also juggling both a night jo... More

-⭒- character info -⭒-
-⭒-A box? -⭒-
-⭒- Introductions -⭒-
-⭒- First Morning -⭒-
-⭒- Sibling Bonding -⭒-
-⭒- Mom? -⭒-
-⭒- First Day At School -⭒-
[extra chapter] Incorrect quotes
-⭒- Game Night -⭒-
Requests???
-⭒- Runaway Dog -⭒-
-⭒- Overwhelmed Kitten-⭒-
-⭒- Feather problems -⭒-
-⭒- Meet the Critters! -⭒-
-⭒- Lost and Found -⭒-
-⭒- Sick Day -⭒-
-⭒- Rain & Thunder -⭒-
-⭒- Annoyed -⭒-
-⭒- New Friend -⭒-
-⭒- First Aid -⭒-
(A/N) THANK YOU!!
-⭒- Allergies -⭒-
-⭒- Surprise! -⭒-
-⭒- Anxiety Help -⭒-
-⭒- Lost Pets -⭒-

-⭒- Gifts -⭒-

642 16 0
By ReadingFluffAndAngst

(A/N: it is now Monday in the story ^-^)

[⭒2nd person POV⭒]

"Where are you goinggggg???"

DogDay asked, holding onto Dorothy's ankle.

"I told you! I have to go to school, now leggo!"

She said with a laugh, shaking her leg to try and get DogDay off.

"I don't want you to leaveee!!"

He said with a whine, hugging his body closer to her ankle.

"DogDay!"

Dorothy shouted with another laugh, getting your attention. You sighed and walked over to the front door seeing the situation. Chuckling, you walked over to them,

"DogDay, honey we should let Dorothy go to school now."

You said, as you knelt down in front of him. He looked at you with the biggest puppy eyes ever, before he said,

"But Momma! Why does she have to leave?"

"Because I can't just skip school,"

Dorothy said, looking down at DogDay. He whined once again but let go of her ankle. Dorothy picked him up and gave him a small hug (that he returned) before handing him to you,

"I'll be back before you know it. Byeeeeee!"

She said with a wave, as she walked out of the door. DogDay waved back but after the door shut he looked down at the ground with a pout.

"C'mon hun, let's go see what your siblings are doing."

— — —

After that whole scene you took DogDay back to the living room where the rest of the critters were.

"Hi DogDay,"

CraftyCorn said from her place on the floor as DogDay walked over to her and sat down next to her. He sighed and Crafty tilted her head at him.

"Are you ok?"

She asked, sitting up from her former position of laying on her stomach. He nodded and you went over to sit on the couch, where CatNap was as well. He looked over at you before moving to place his head on top of your leg, using you as a pillow. You smiled and started to pet his head, which he seemed to enjoy, as he started purring.

"Well maybe you could do something to take up the time while we wait for her to return?"

You said, making DogDay look up at you,

"You could make something for her when she gets back."

You suggested, making DogDay perk up.

"Like what?"

He asked, tilting his head at you.

"Maybe a drawing, or whatever you'd like to give her."

You answered, as his tail started to wag,

"Ok!"

He shouted, springing up to his feet. He turned to Crafty,

"Can you help Crafty?"

He asked. She nodded and DogDay sat back down as he was handed a piece of paper from Crafty. You smiled softly before standing up, much to CatNap's disliking, and headed to see where Hoppy and Kicken had gone, as they weren't with the others in the living room.

You searched around the house eventually finding them in the backyard, playing with a soccer ball.

"I'm gonna beat your score, Kickin!"

You heard Hoppy shout, as you opened the glass sliding door and stepped out onto the porch.

"No you won't!"

Kickin retorted from in front of the one goal they had. You chuckled to yourself, watching the two run around in the morning light. You sat down on the steps of the porch and watched the two. Eventually Kickin noticed you giving Hoppy enough of an opportunity to kick the ball into the goal.

"Ha!"

She exclaimed, throwing her arms into the air.

"Hey no fair!"

Kickin shouted back. You laughed softly as Hoppy stuck her tongue out at Kickin,

"You're just a sore loser!"

They started to argue and you had to step in to make sure it didn't go too far.

"Ok you two, calm down."

They both looked up at you and Kickin crossed his arms with a huff.

"Let's go see what your siblings are doing, yeah?"

You walked back inside, with the two of them following close behind you, and saw that DogDay, Crafty, and Bobby were laying together drawing on pieces of paper while CatNap used DogDay as a pillow. You smiled at the sight while Hoppy and Kickin moved to see what Bubba was reading.

You sat down on the couch again watching all of them. Eventually, DogDay poked Bobby's arm, asking her something. She tilted her head and pointed at him, seemingly also asking something. He pointed at CatNap and she made an 'Oh' movement with her mouth before she nodded and stood. She walked over to you and poked your leg getting your attention.

"Whatcha need honey?"

You asked, leaning forward to both see and hear her better.

"DogDay wants to know when Dorothy will be back."

Bobby said, pointing back at DogDay who had gone back to looking down at his paper.

"She'll be back around 3:20 or so,"

You answered, looking down at your watch,

"And it is currently 9:57." (her school day starts around 8:40)

"Ok, thank you mommy!"

She said with a smile before scampering back to DogDay and telling him the information. You leaned back against the couch, sighing to yourself. You wondered if DogDay would be like this everyday.

— — —

It had been a few hours and you were currently playing a board game with Bubba, Picky and Hoppy, when you heard the front door open. You looked over your shoulder to see Dot walking into the house and placing her bag down near the bottom of the stairs. She sighed, rubbing her face, and walked into the living room before flopping down on the couch face down (mood tho honestly-).

"Dottie!"

DogDay said excitedly, making Dorothy turn her head towards him, as he ran over to the couch, holding his paper in his hands.

"What's up?"

Dorothy asked tiredly, some of her hair covering some of her face as she turned over.

"I made you this!"

DogDay said proudly, holding out his paper for her to take while his tail wagged rapidly behind him. She sat up with a grunt using her elbows to prop her up as she took DogDays paper carefully. He watched her as she looked at it and she smiled lightly.

"Hey this is pretty good. Did you come up with this by yourself?"

She asked, sitting up straight now. DogDay shook his head as Bobby and Craft walked up as well.

"Crafty helped some,"

"And we've got ones for you too,"

Crafty spoke, handing Dorothy her own paper, Bobby also handed her a paper.

"Thanks you guys,"

Dorothy said, looking at the drawings then back at the critters. You smiled softly to yourself before you turned your attention back to the game. You were glad that Dorothy was getting along so well with the kids, normally it took her a bit to get warmed up to people, and it had seemed that she needed some gesture like that from someone today.

— — —

After a bit more time passed you all had had dinner, and now were getting ready for bed. You had tucked all the critters in and left to go do the same with Dorothy.

She was reading a book when you came in, but closed it and put it away when you walked over to her bedside.

"Did you have a rough day at school?"

You asked softly, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"...Yeah, it was those kids again."

She said quietly, "But it's fine. It wasn't as bad as it usually is."

You frowned. You knew a group of kids were constantly picking on Dorothy, but she didn't like to talk about it very much.

"Well if it gets worse talk to me, ok?"

You said giving her shoulder a comforting squeeze. She nodded and you placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Now go to sleep ok? I'll see you in the morning."

You said standing up and turning off the lamp she had on her headboard. She laid down and pulled the covers over herself. You looked back at her once more before closing the door softly and heading back to your own room.

— — —

A/N: The siblingsssss (+ Dorothy lore???)
(Also, would you guys want a chapter where I gave more backstory on Dorothy? (It would probably be a flashback scene from Y/N's perspective :]))
Hope you enjoyed the chapter, have a good day/afternoon/night!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 25 10
All the Critters are 20 -21 in this to make it easier for everyone while you're 19- 20. I DID THE COVER!!!! I DID IT WITH PICSART!!!!!!!! One day whe...
8.5K 251 26
The year is 1995. You're a twenty-six-year-old woman who went to school in Baltimore, Maryland a decade back. You had a few good friends. Especially...
252K 4.5K 32
Yandere!Smiling Critters x Male!Reader Y/n L/n was just a normal orphaned child but doesn't have many friends in his life and his only friends are th...
895 46 11
Y/N "Angel", an Experiment of the Bigger Bodies Initiative, Traumatized and anxious while having to wander through the Facility in hopes of finding f...