Streets of LA

By MotleyGirl69

"๐—ช๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฐ๐—ต ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜†, ๐—ฝ๐˜‚๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—น๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—ถ๏ฟฝ... More

๐™ˆ๐™š๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐˜ฝ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™
๐—ฃ๐—จ๐—ฅ๐—š๐—”๐—ง๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—ฌ
๐—–๐—ฅ๐—จ๐—˜!

๐—ฃ๐—ฅ๐—ข๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—š๐—จ๐—˜

55 4 0
By MotleyGirl69

Throughout their whole lives Rebel, Sam, James and Noah had been best friends. Their parents were friends in high school and they passed their friendship down to them.

Of course they tried to make other friends but nobody understood them like they did each other. Some people just don't understand them and they're okay being misunderstood since they've dealt with it for forever.

They would kill someone for each other but they wouldn't spare a dollar for a soda at the gas station. They have inside jokes that nobody else understands.

At 10 years old, Rebel tried to befriend other people and make some girl friends. However, anytime she tried to make a joke or start conversation she would receive a weird look that made her want to break down and scream. She decided to not waste her time on anyone else as the band would never make her feel so alienated.

In 6th grade, when Sam's older brother got into an accident and nearly lost his life they all came to his house to surprise him with his favorite movies and vinyls to make him feel better. Anytime he's with his best friends he forgets all about the struggles and pains in his life. He decided he didn't need anyone else, cause nobody else would drop everything to make him feel better.

In 3rd grade, when James broke his arm at recess you should have seen the way the other three ran over to him to make sure he was okay. The way they all 'conveniently' scraped their knees on the black top when the aides refused to let them into the nurse's office to see him. The way they all signed his cast and decorated it to make it look more 'punk.' And the first kiss he shared with Rebel 'to make him feel better.' Thinking about this today brings a soft smile to his face.

In middle school, when Noah got detention for being disruptive. When they all heard the news during lunch decided that during the next period they would all pull a stunt that would lead them to get detention as well. The look of surprise on Noah's face when he walked into detention to see his three favorite people already sitting in the quiet room. If one goes down they all do.

They share a relationship like no other. They might as well be attached by the hip, but to be honest they would like that.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

James and Sam live on the same street, just about 2 houses down from each other. Rebel and Noah are next door neighbors and together they all live within a 5 minute walk (which causes sneaking out problems for their parents).

James and Rebel had feelings for each other long before they started dating. Yet somehow they always ended up being the mom and dad playing house. Somehow every Valentine's Day they ended up with a letter in their cubby/locker with no name on it. And for some reason James couldn't explain, he had a burning feeling in his chest anytime the teacher put Rebel's seat next to another boy.

That all changed in 6th grade when James was 12 and Rebel was 11. The gang was invited to party by one of the most popular girls at school, so of course they attended. Someone decided it would be such a great idea to play spin the bottle, and as if it was fate, Rebel's spin landed on James. And the rest was history.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

Ever since they were young they were entranced by the idea of being huge rockstars just like their idols. Sam's older brother played guitar and when Rebel became interested in it he spared no time helping her become even more skilled than him.

Sam's stepfather played drums back in his day and didn't want to waste the opportunity of some quality bonding time with his stepson. Little did he know he was shaping his stepson into what would become one of the most renowned drummers in the world.

Noah had no one in his family who enjoyed rock music as much as him. They let him listen to it under the singular rule that he would keep it to a low volume. His parents are strictly business but he knows it's just because they were party animals when they were younger and don't want him to end up like them. So, just when he was on thin ice he befriended the teenage boy who worked the local music shop and got him to teach him bass for free.

James always knew he could sing. But he was always anxious that if he showed it off nobody else would hear it the way he does. His mother always assured him that his voice was one of angels, and James could always trust his mother. She pushed him to create SHOCK Treatment since she saw the true talent that the four of them had together.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

All together they shared the same dream of truly shocking and rocking the world at the same time.

How will they handle all of the fame at such sudden notice?

And that question brings us to the day that changed their lives forever.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Saturday September 3rd, 1984.
Los Angeles, California.
THE HILL RESIDENCE, 4:34 PM
POV: James Hill

I'm sitting on my bed with a magazine in hand, blaring Iron Maiden's newest release. 'Powerslave' and I must admit it's not half bad. 

"JAMES!" I hear my mother, Cheryl Hill, shout up to me. I automatically assume she's yelling at me to turn the music down so I bring the volume down a notch. "I KNOW! I'M TURNING IT DOWN, MOM!" I shout back.

"NO, JAMES COME HERE! SOMEONE'S CALLING FOR YOU!" What? I wasn't expecting any calls this afternoon and I just got back from hanging out with the gang about an hour ago so I doubt it's any of them.

I head downstairs and see my mom holding the landline in one hand and a spoon in the other, must be cooking dinner. I take the phone out of her hand and speak confusedly into the receiver, "Hello?"

I'm met with the firm voice of what sounds like a younger man saying, "Good evening, is this Jason Hill?" My hands shake a little, I can't lie I'm kind of scared that my antics are catching up to me.

"Um- yeah this is him. Who's this?" I try my best to steady my voice in my response.

"This is David Cassidy with Elektra Records. I had a colleague, Tom, attend one of your gigs and he was genuinely impressed with SHOCK Treatment's work. He gave me a cassette of 'Purgatory' and I have to say I can't blame him. I was calling to set up a meeting with you and the other members as well as a trusted guardian as I've been told you're all underage. How does this Sunday sound? About 6:30? If that doesn't correspond well with you guys I'm sure we could work something out."

As I'm hit with all this new information my jaw is practically on the floor. The only thing I can utter is a meek "Holy shit." and I'm snapped out of my trance at the sound of my mother yelling at me to watch my language.

"Mr.Hill? Mr.Hill, are you there?"

"Yes! I'm here, sorry this is a huge surprise. Um- yeah Sunday works, the 9th right?"
As I say that, I grab the red pen hanging off the calendar on the wall next to me and circle the date in thick red ink.

"Yes sir, I'll be seeing you soon then. It's been a pleasure." He says in a polite tone.

"Yes, thank you so much!" I say with a little more energy than intended, line goes dead.

I put the phone back on the stand and my mom walks in the room, "Jay, who was it?"
"Mom, I'm gonna be famous! It was a record company and they wanna meet up next Sunday to discuss signing us! I gotta go to the band. Bye mom, love you!"

"Woah woah- what?! Wait- but dinner!" My mom shouts after me.
"Sorry mom, I'll eat when I get back I promise!" And with that I'm off to tell the gang the news.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

First up was Sam since we live on the same street. I'm banging on the door until it opens up to reveal his older brother, Jordan.

"Oh what's up man?" he questions. Before I can respond I see Sam come downstairs.
"Sam, come on man! We gotta meet the others, it's urgent!"

He comes with me to Noah's house next which is just a few streets over, about a 5 minute walk. This time, his dad answers the door.

"Oh- hello boys. You lookin for Noah?"
"Yes, please."
"NOAH! Your friends are here!"
Upon hearing this, Noah comes running down in his pajamas, clearly wasn't expecting any visitors.

I explain to him what I did to Sam, he slides on some shoes and we head over to Reb's house which is just the next house over.
I knock on the door vigorously and her mom opens the door.

"Oh! Boys, what a surprise." her mother says with a smile. I speak up saying,
"Hi Stacy! Can we talk to Reb?"

"Sure thing! She's up in her room, and there's snacks in the pantry in case you guys get hungry, help yourself!"
We say thank her and upstairs to go to her room but as I reach the top of the steps I hear Stacy say, "Oh and Jason!"
"Yes?"
"No funny business." I roll my eyes and laugh.

When I get to the familiar black door decorated with pink stars Sam is already knocking. His knocks are answers with a tired looking Reb swiftly opening it and saying with a bit of an annoyed voice,
"What- oh what the fuck are you guys doing here?"
"Wow I love that that's your reaction to seeing your love standing in your doorway." I say as I make myself welcome on her bed.

"Alright dude what did you need to tell us that was soo important?" Noah says from the beanbag in the corner of Reb's room.
"We're gonna be famous." I say vaguely
"Yeah... so anyways what did you actually need to say?" Sam brushes me off

"No! Guys, I got a call from ELEKTRA RECORDS like 15 minutes ago! Do you have any idea what this means? They wanna have a meeting next Sunday to talk about signing us!" I say excitedly. I look up at them and they're all slack jawed and wide eyed just like I was. "Exactly you guys! Someone who works for them saw us play and they were IMPRESSED!"

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

After talking about the future possibilities of our band by the time we realize what time it is, it's too late to walk home and Reb's dad has the car so we might as well just stay the night.

"Sure you guys can stay but lemme just tell my mom. She can call your moms and let them know you're staying."

After all of our moms are informed, me and Sam change into comfier clothes that we left here from previous hang outs.

We watch whatever is most entertaining on TV this late at night until we all get tired and decide to go to sleep.
After all it is a school night.

Noah and Sam sleep on the two big bean bags placed right in front of the TV while Rebel and I cuddle up in her bed.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Sunday September 9th, 1984.
Los Angeles, California.
THE MEETING, 6:30 PM
NO POV - THIRD PERSON

SHOCK Treatment are sitting at a table across from 3 men in suits who sure as shit look like they mean business. And they are feeling nervous. They got Sam's older brother to accompany them and he's just looking bored.

The main man in the middle speaks up first,
"Hello, we understand you are under the band name SHOCK Treatment, correct?"
"Yes sir." They respond to be respectful.

"We are interested. You're a unique group with an interesting look. We here at Elektra see big things in your future. I'm going to make this short and sweet. Do you four want to make it big?" the man inquires.

Sam pipes up with a quick and unprofessional, "Yes." which makes the men in front of them crack a grin lifting the tension in the room.
"Perfect," The man pushes forward a contract filled with a lot of big words and 5 dotted lines at the bottom. "after you read through the terms and conditions we hope you'll make the decision to agree. Just sign your name on the dotted line."

After reading through they decided this is what they want. They're ready to take the next step in their career. To be the next biggest rockstars. The four of them sign and Sam's older brother signs the blank space for the consent of a trusted adult.

"We're glad to have SHOCK Treatment linked to our company. You're representing us just as we are you. We expect much for you in the future. Have a nice day and we will speak to you soon." the man says.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

"Sign your name on the dotted line
As long as you listen
You'll do fine
Sell your soul for the Hollywood dream."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

467K 15.4K 66
Victoria Forbes, a young aspiring doctor, trudges through yet another ordinary day-a recurring pattern in her life for the past few monotonous years...
1M 57.6K 36
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
1M 38K 90
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
519K 18.6K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...