Family: a curse or a boon.

By peachypray6

People who never believed in love or family,can they come together to be each other's family,to become each o... More

prologue
some more characters 🤎🖤
chapter -1 ( tears)
chapter-2( chehre)
chapter-3 (first meet)
chapter-4 ( Deal)
chapter -5 ( agreement)
chapter -6
chapter -7 ( irritated kshitija)
chapter -8 ( change)
chapter -9 ( friends)
chapter -10 ( close proximity)
An enjoyable night.
chapter-11 ( part-2)
chapter -13 ( a new beginning)
Chapter -14(Ruling).
chapter -15.
Chapter -16
chapter -17.
chapter -18 ( fàcade)
chapter -19 ( two faces)
chapter-20
chapter -21
Aesthetics
chapter -22
chapter -23 .
chapter -24

chapter -12

150 63 7
By peachypray6

Kshitija reached the resort from the secret door and it was already 3:30 pm now ...

She came inside her room and put her phone in charging...

After sometime she went to take a bath .

There were some injuries on her hands because of her mission last night ...

She came out of her room ..

And did her skincare ....

She took her phone seeing too many missed calls from hunar ....

She dialled her number, nobody picked the call.

She again dialled the no. And after 2 rings hunar picked up her call . Before she could ask something , hunar bombarded her with questions....

" Where are you ? How long would it take you to come here ? Your mother in law is eating my mind asking about you God knows for what ...."

Kshitija waited a little to make sure that hunar was done with her questions....

Kshitija: " I'm in my room , I arrived half an hour ago and my phone was dead that's why I didn't answered your calls.."

Hunar: " okay, after sometime the makeup artist would be here ,so pack all the important things you need to take with you and......"

Hunar took a pause in between....

Kshitija: " and what?"

Hunar : " Take your knife and gun with you , you are going to an unknown place and on top of that he is mafia king. Take rest and after 1 hour i would be in your room with makeup artist."

Meanwhile rather than taking rest , kshitija took her another mobile and dialled a no. ......

Kshitija: " You got the real documents , or someone who could verify it or not ? "

Unknown: " Mam we got an old lady , according to research , we found that she was neighbour of your p- parents"

The man on the other side completed her sentence , being afraid of the consequences of all this information, he wanted to end the call as soon as well ..

Kshitija: " what did she say ?"

There was silence for sometime until.....

Kshitija repeated her question....

Unknown: " ma'am , she verified that your father and other people wanted a son but you were born . S..she said that your mom loved you and that's why all the property is not on your cousin's name but after her death ,your father did what you saw in the papers... Your mother when you were only 3..."

Kshitija just got blank , nothing was coming out of her mouth and on top of that getting to know that her own family didn't want her was just something .... Which she couldn't even express....

She masked her emotions and....

Kshitija: "okay! I will need to meet that lady so keep her location in your eyes"

Kshitija shook all the feelings, after all she never saw her parents , then why would she should feel bad ? But a child in her was just begging her to let her cry .....

But she didn't ......

This is how life is , nobody is yours. Not even the one's who brought you in this world ....

All these thoughts were going in her mind...

She wanted to calm herself and she knew where she needs to be ....

She came out of her room and knocked on advit's door.....

But there was no response from other side , she noticed that the door was not locked so she entered inside . She checked everywhere but didn't find Advit anywhere ..

She came out of his room and in the walking gallery she noticed Ritvik and asked him ....

" Umm... Aapne Advit bhai ko dekha h ? "

Ritvik : " he has gone outside for some work "

Kshitija: " oh ! Thankyou"

Ritvik: " you need something?"

Kshitija " no, i just wanted to meet bhai "

Saying so she left from there , she waited for Advit in hall but he still didn't arrived..

She was waiting just when Hunar came to her and said ....

" Hey! Your makeup artist is here . Let's go , don't you have to get ready? It's 5:00 pm already."

Kshitija: " but Bhai?"

Hunar: " He will be here in some time , you get yourself ready .."

Saying so Hunar takes her to her room...

Soon the makeup artist was also there ....

Kshitija changed her tshirt with blouse of lehenga....

She sat there and told the makeup artist she just wanted a subtle makeup look ,not the bold one ....

After 1 hour ,the makeup artist was done with creating her art but kshitija was satisfied knowing that she just didn't white washed her .

After that kshitija wore her lehenga ..

The artist fixed the one corner of her dupatta on her back and took another one on her shoulder and pleated it there and secured it with safety pin.

Then , she took another dupatta which was fixed on her head over her hairstyle with pins....

Her makeup and jewellery.

Her henna ...

Two dupattas were already drapped with her lehenga and there was an another one , which she got from one of girl of her orphanage. It was hand designed and she was going to use it as her veil .....

It was already 7:00 pm by the time she was done with her makeup and other things ....

While in the other room hunar was also getting ready and she dialled advit's number ..

"Until when are you going to ignoe her? She has been looking for you since morning . She was looking upset and was waiting for you , but you didn't come ...
Just come here before she gets angry , if she gets angry , I won't make her forgive you this time ..."

Advit: " you know Hunar , that why I am not facing her . If I will meet her , I won't let her do all this with her life ... I can't see her in tears and how could I send her in a place ,where I know her life would be in danger 24/7 . And that lady was talking like that in front of us with her , what would she do when we are not with her( kshitija)."
He expressed all his worries to his friend.

Hunar: " you know that you are just being a brother now and not looking at it with a practical point of view. She is a fighter and one of the best agent from our world . She is broken from all the betrayals she got . You should become a pillar in her life , not her weakness. You also knows that the respect and love she has for you is beyond any blood relation . So come soon and meet her ..."

Advit : " Hmm" saying so he disconnected the call.

He was not ready to let his sister go to another place where she would not be loved.....

After that all of them also got ready .

Hunar was also ready and came downstairs in the hall .

Hunar's look..

Advit's look but shawl in his neck not on shoulder.

They were living in one part of resort together which was so modern but there is also a part with royal touch where all the marriage rituals would take place .....

She went there and kshitija was not allowed to leave her room until priest asks for her .....

Atharv with all his friends and other guests was on the door to enter..

Atharv's look with turban and juttis...

Darshit's look.

Ritvik's look..

Reyansh's look.

Divij's look

and there stood Hunar with namesake family of kshitija.

Kshitija's aunt came forward to do the aarti ( a ritual, in which you have a lightened Diya ( a small clay lamp) which you keep in a plate and make rounds in front of the person or deity). She puts kumkum on his forehead and he was about to enter inside when kshitija's cousin sister came forward and asked for shagun ....

Atharv and other's just stared at her , before they could say anything , Atharv's dad came and forwarded her an envelope in which there were 21k rs . She took it and after this they entered inside ....

The decoration was really something. It was eye catching....

They all came inside , Reyansh was giving a side eye to Atharv since they have entered inside because Atharv didn't let him dance much and Ritvik dragged him with them.

Advit also came there to check all the preparation and things . The dining area and the area where phera ceremony would take place were on different sides....

He was there he met all the guests present there . He invited all his business partners and college friends.

He met all of them .

He went towards the food corners .

He prepared a plate with all her favourite things . He is avoiding her from morning. He took the plate and went towards kshitija's room.

He was in front of her room and knocked on it .

Kshitija was sitting in her room after the makeup artist and Hunar left from there .

She just wanted to meet her bhai to calm her racing mind . No matter how much she is trying to forget everything but it is still pricking her badly .

She was lost in her thoughts when she heard a knock on her room's door.

She got up to open the door .

She opened the door and there stood his bhai .

She saw that there was a plate in his hand . She moved to on a side and let him inside.

He placed the plate on the table in the room and kshitija closed the door.

" Where were you from morning?" She asked ...

Advit: " I had some work bacha and i didn't saw my mobile that's why I didn't picked up your call."

Kshitija: " Really bhai?"

Advit: " yes bacha ! I just came from outside an hour ago "

Kshitija didn't wanted to stetch this thing ,so she didn't said anything.....

Advit made her sit on the chair and fed her with his own hand .

Kshitija: " Bhai , I'm full please stop now."

Advit: " just one more morsel , bachhe."

Kshitija whined and advit was done feeding his sister..

He got up to leave...
Just then kshitija asked......

" Where are you going now?"

Advit: " I'm coming in just 2 minutes."

After sometime Advit came in room and there was a box in his hand.

Looking at the box, kshitija asked " what is it bhai?"

Advit just smiled and opened the box and seeing the gift there was a smile on kshitija's lips , she looked at her brother and hugged him tightly.

" They are looking so pretty bhai"

Guess ,guess what it could be?

Advit placed the box on table and took out the kaleerein from box he made her wear kaleerein in both of her hands with two gold bangles in each hand . They were so pretty.

Kshitija was looking at them with so much admiration and a natural smile

Seeing so , a smile automatically makes a way to advit's lips .

After a while kshitija looked at Atharv and said " I also have something for you bhai."

She took out a big gift . From it was looking like a portrait or something like that.

Advit looked at it .

And she( kshitija) motioned him to open the box .

And the moment he opened it , he was stunned with the beautiful thing which carries a lot of memories for him .

It was a resin frame in which there were pictures of kshitija, hunar and advit . All the moments were captured in it

There were all the sunflowers , white rose were placed in it which both of them bought for each other . There was a thread rakhi in it as well which was made by an 11year old kshitija.

Seeing all this advit became emotional, the things for which he was avoiding her from morning . Both of them hugged each other .

" Thankyou so much bachhe ! This is the best gift i have ever received and I will ever receive."

They were emotional so kshitija thought to lighten the mood and said ...

" Am I not your best gift?"

Advit- " no, you are not."

Kshitija was staring at him with her open mouth .
And advit chuckled

Advit-" you are not a gift , you are a blessing in my life for which no matter how much I thank God ,it would be less" saying so he kissed her forehead.

Kshitija just looked at her brother with all the respect and love which she never had for anyone or we can say that no body reciprocated it .

After this , Advit left from there .

Let's see what is happening on the groom's side...

Well Reyansh was having his best time with his favourite food but his eyes were searching for a particular someone

( Any guesses , who would be the particular person?)

Ritvik and Divij were talking with some guests and Darshit was busy with taking care of perfection in his bestfriend cum brother's marriage. Urvashi came towards Atharv and seeing so ,he got up from his chair and immediately all the son's of urvashi came towards her and she smiled seeing all this . All of them touched her feet .

" All my sons are looking handsome but you ( atharv) is looking too much handsome. God keep all the evil eyes off of my son", saying so she took a little Kohl on tip of her finger and asked Atharv to bend . He knew that she would not agree without doing so. So our mafia king got his head down just for his mother and she applied the Kohl behind his ear .

All of them smiled and she said ...

" You have to take care of your shoes Atharv otherwise your sister in law would not let you have your wife "

Saying so she moved from there ,all the devils were in their thoughts that why should they keep the shoes with security.....

They didn't paid much heed to it .....

And soon it was time for vermala ( garland ceremony) .....

Advit and hunar left from there to come with kshitija...

Soon a song started playing and the way was cleared for kshitija to enter....

Kshitija's face was covered with her net veil , hunar was walking on side with her .

On kshitija's front on right there was Advit and on left Ahan .

At back it was Naman and Rahul ....

She came forward but all the feelings which were calm till now came back . All heartbreaks everything came back , she was feeling anxious while slowly moving forward. Due to her attire , it went unnoticed by everyone...

Soon she was near the stage where Atharv was .....

He came forward and gave her his hand to come up....

She put her right hand in his right hand and got on the stage ....

After all the photo session with family friends it was time to exchange garlands .

Hunar came forward with two garlands .....

Ahan and hunar sensing the tension, came on the stage and suddenly Ahan lifted kshitija up so that Atharv could not put garland in her neck .

Kshitija already has a good height of 5'6 but her soon to be husband is a 6'1 feet poll as well .

Seeing all this Darshit and Divij came forward and lifted Atharv as well . After this garlands were exchanged.....

And all the guests with groom and bride were asked to have food . Kshitija just sat there eating a little bit of things as she was already full.

She noticed that both Advit and Hunar were no where to be seen .

Soon Hunar came and there was a mischievous smile on her lips which didn't go unnoticed by kshitija..

She didn't knew that what her friend is again upto ....

Soon Advit also came with a plate of corn pizza in his hands and forwarded it to kshitija....

She looked at him with her puppy eyes

Yes ! This dangerous girl also has this side ...

" Eat it ". Said Advit ....

" Bhai , is your health fine ? Why are you not eating anything? Please have a little atleast...."

Somehow Advit got out of this thing from her sister ....

Soon all the people were done with their food and left from there.

During this time rest of rituals were done and around 12;30 in morning priest asked for bride and groom for phera ceremony .

Kshitija came with Hunar and settled beside Atharv ...

Panditji asked someone to come for doing gathbandan but as Atharv does not have a sister , Hunar came forward and did the gathbandan .....

Soon the Panditji started chanting all the mantras , in the first 4 rounds Atharv was in front and in the rest three it was kshitija.

They took all the vows of being there in both good and bad for each other and all other vows .

Now Atharv and kshitija were again sitting down ....

Soon the priest asked for bride's parents for kanyadan and all the turmoil which was going inside kshitija's mind escaped in the form of a tear as her face was again in veil due to ceremony no body noticed it but she started feeling more anaxious....

Kshitija's uncle and aunty came forward to do the kanyadan but they never treated her as a daughter ..

Priest asked " are you her parents?"

They denied and told him that they are her uncle and aunt.

Priest nodded but again asked something

" Have you kept the fast ?"

Her aunt was going to nod but hunar interrupted saying "she didn't she was eating golgappa a little earlier...."

Pandit ji looked at her in disappointment and she glared at hunar ,who shrugged her shoulder....

But soon an another voice was heard asking " pandit ji , Can I do the kanyadan? I have kept the fast "

Everybody was shocked as it was a fast in which you would not even drink water but as it was winter ,so it was not that hard but still hard....

Who do you think is the person?

Kshitija was stunned hearing this but came back to normal when priest asked " who are you? "

" Her brother . " Replied advit ....

Priest: yes beta! You can do it .....

Atharv came forward and performed the rituals .....

Kshitija didn't know the name of feeling she was having .....

After sometime priest asked Atharv to tie tha nuptial chain in her neck and he did ...

After this he was asked to fill her partition with vermillion....

Hunar came forward and lifted her veil and maangtika so that Atharv could put vermillion there. She was looking breathtaking with this close and the vermillion was adding more to her beauty ....

They get up and took the blessings from pandit ji ....

Pandit ji asked them to take blessings from others

First they went to kalyani and touched her feet and she blessed them .

After that they moved towards mr.and mrs raichand and bend to touch their feet but advit didn't touched their feet but acted like he did....

After this they moved to her uncle and aunts and this time role were reversed Advit touched their feet but kshitija didn't and pretended like she did ...

After it they went to Urvashi and touched her feet and she blessed them with a heartwarming smile .

After this kshitija hugged Hunar and Atharv hugged his friends ....

But the thing kshitija did next shocked everyone.....

After hugging Hunar , kshitija made her way towards her brother who was hiding his emotions... She went near him and before he could understand anything she touched his feet properly.

She literally touched her palm with his feet and then touched it on her forehead and head , just after this Advit hugged her tightly and she also hugged him like her life depended on her and she cried...

Yes she cried in front of everyone, all the people were shocked to see this much love between them ....

They knew that they treat each other as brother and sister but didn't knew that their bond is so pure and strong ....

Advit caressed her head until her sobs died and kissed her forehead " your brother is just a call away , remember that bachee"

Saying so he took her hands and stand there....

There was still time in her vidai ....

She went towards the food court and served a plate with all the foods available...

She asked hunar to come in the room with advit as all people were sent to their room as there was still time in her vidaai .

She made advit sit on bed and herself sat on chair with food's plate and fed him.

" You didn't eat anything just bcz of me "

" It's not bcz of you bachhe , it's for you "

Kshitija just smiled and fed her bhai with so much love.....

After they were done with feeding each other , all of them came outside in the hall..

There was also a ceremony in which she would have to dip her fingers in haldi paste and clarified butter and leave her prints on a wall....

But as they were in a resort,so Panditji advised to use a white cloth....

Advit and hunar came forward with a white cloth and kshitija pressed her hands on it to leave the print .....

After they were done with this ritual, it was time for kshitija's vidai .....

Atharv also came forward from the hall , but barefoot....

Reyansh looked at him and asked ....

" Where is your juttis ?"

" I don't know, I'm also searching them ..." Replied Atharv ...

Just when they were busy in their research, came hunar with mischievous smile....

" Are you looking for these? Jiju.." she said ..

All the people present there turned to her and looked at her....

She showed them Atharv's jutti and flashed her brightest smile....

Urvashi looked at her sons and shaked her head in disappointment....

She said ...." Kisi kaam k nhi ho tum log ... 1 kaam Diya tha woh bhi nhi hua , kaise businessmen ho tum log?"

She scolded them right there....

Ritvik looked at her and asked " what is wrong maasi maa?"

Urvashi: " nothing! Watch it with your own eyes ."

Atharv : " what are my juttis doing with you ? "

Hunar: oh ! I found them at doorstep of my room , she said in a sarcastic way ....

Darshit: oh really! Why do I feel like you stole them?

Hunar : ha Ha ha , very funny ....

Atharv : Thankyou hunar for finding them now return it....

Hunar : aise kaise jiju ?

Atharv: what do you mean ?

Hunar: jaib dheeli kariye thodi ....

Atharv: hein?

Reyansh: "she is asking for money, you dumbo! "

Atharv looked at her and urvashi came forward and told them about the rasm of juta churai ....

Kshitija looked at her with a soft smile ...

Atharv took out his wallet to give her money but darshit stopped him ...

Darshit: why do we need to give her money? These shoes are already ours...

Hunar looked at him in disbelief....

But somehow urvashi made his son understand the ritual a little more with some sweet scolding...

Darshit took 4 notes of 500 and placed it in her hand,she looked at him in shock .

But the next things hunar did , made everyone laugh so hard..

She opened her purse and took out 3k rs and one rupees coin and placed in Darshit's palm and said....

" Jake party kr lena " and she also laughed with others but stopped seeing him glaring at her ....

Urvashi came forward and asked the amount hunar wanted ....

Hunar: waise toh 11 lakh mange the jiju se lekin abhi 1 lakh 11 hazar 1100 , 11 rupees chalenge ....

Darshit looked at her and said " aap aisa kare aap h yhi juttiyan rakh le , hum dusri le lenge ".

Hunar : Theek hai , toh aap bhi bhabhi dusri dekh le kunki yeh wali toh aayegi ni aapke saath....

Darshit: really?

Hunar: Kohinoor jaisi dost de rhi hu , toh itna toh bnta h na ! She exclaimed ...

Seeing them everybody knew that they will not stop soon so urvashi made Atharv pay for the ritual...

Atharv signed the cheque with the same amount hunar asked for ....

Atharv: here ! Abhi hmari juttiyan de dijiye sali saahiba ...

Hunar : bilkul jiju ...

She came forward and gave Atharv his shoes and Darshit a playful smirk while showing the cheque..

After this , it was time for kshitija's vidai...

In this bride's mama would have to lift her till her car . Kshitija didn't have anyone...

Advit came forward and lifted his sister in her arms and took her towards the car . He made her stand there and she hugged him tightly, hunar also came there and the trio hugged ....

After this Advit kissed kshitija's forehead and made her sit in the car ...

" Take care bachhe , your bhai will always be there for you , ok? "

She nodded and wiped his tears and asked him to smile.....

And he did ....

After this he closed the door ...

Atharv was still outside and Advit moved towards him and said " Mr . Raichand, I'm giving you my life , please take care of her and don't let her become a target in your house . I think i can expect this much from you ..."

Advit : " don't worry Mr.Gaur , your sister would be fine "

Saying so he moved towards the car ........

Chapter aesthetics....

Imagine A in place of M and the design a little small than this ...

( Atharv's mehendi design, as the pics got deleted from last chapter)

Hey ! Hey ! It's the longest chapter I have written till now . Read it with the songs Ishq ki bajiyaan ...

Please guys do vote and comment ...

I will update next after I get atleast 30 votes and 20 comments on this chapter...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

843K 62.1K 33
♡Book one in Destiny series♡ **If you are interested in cute and romantic story line then this the exact story** ************** "Meri aanko me hi dek...
2.5M 187K 71
RATHOD In a broken family, every person suffers from his insecurities and guilt. Successful in every field but a big failure when it comes to emotio...
11.7M 846K 88
Marriage had always been my dream but not to a man about whom I know nothing. The moment my father fixed an alliance of me to a Prince without even t...
403K 14.3K 37
Ekansh Malhotra-a 28 year old arrogant, rude, businessman, CEO of Malhotra Industries.By hard work achieve success at a very young age.people address...