A Series of Mysteries ~ Ranpo...

By galaxyxpandas

Y/n L/n never knew her biological parents nor did she ever really care to know them. She had loved her adopte... More

โŸก 1) Missing โŸก
โŸก 2) First Meeting โŸก
โŸก 3) Family Ties โŸก
โŸก 4) Brother โŸก
โŸก 5) Twists and Turns โŸก
โŸก 6) A Bump in the Road โŸก
โŸก 7) Jailbreak โŸก
โŸก 8) Home โŸก
โŸก 9) A Murder Case โŸก
โŸก 10) Uncovering the Murderer โŸก
โŸก 11) Abductions and Disappearances โŸก
โŸก 12) Unknown Feelings โŸก
โŸก 13) New Kids Take Charge โŸก
โŸก 14) A Path Has Opened โŸก
โŸก 15) Reunited โŸก
โŸก 16) The Guild's First Move โŸก
โŸก 17) Start of the Three-Way War โŸก
โŸก 18) Forging Ahead โŸก
โŸก 20) Discoveries โŸก
โŸก 21) Confession โŸก
โŸก 22) A Blossoming LoveโŸก
โŸก 23) Cannibalism: Part One โŸก

โŸก 19) Double Black โŸก

206 8 7
By galaxyxpandas

~⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡☆⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡~

Y/n POV:
Things have started to calm down a bit after Atsushi had returned from being kidnapped by the Guild. I heard from Osamu that Atsushi saw the Port Mafia helping out with damage control after Fitzgerald used Q's ability to wreak havoc throughout the city. Now, Osamu and I are at the office since I dragged him out of the house to get here.

"Ughhhhh, I don't feel like working," I hear Osamu whine while laying on the couch of the Agency office.

"Stop sounding like a broken trumpet first thing in the morning," Kunikida says to him.

"I don't even feel like holding a conversation right now, Kunikida-kun," Osamu responds.

"The town was saved from annihilation thanks to you and Atsushi. So why have you ended up like this the next day?" Kunikida asks.

"The boss gave him a job that he doesn't want to do," I answered.

"Is it what Atsushi and the boss were discussing yesterday?" Kunikida asks.

"It is," the boss says, seeming to appear out of nowhere.

"Good morning," me and Kunikida say to the president.

'I swear, he's like a ninja.'

"Dazai, are we making progress on our secret meeting with the Port Mafia?" the president asks.

"I've made arrangements, but..." Osamu starts.

"Do you think the Port Mafia boss will be here?" the president asks.

"I'm sure. It's a perfect opportunity to kill our boss, after all," Osamu says.

Kunikida tenses up from shock while looking back and forth between Osamu and the president, stunned by what he was listening to.

'Ohhh. He doesn't know.'

"That is preferable to having bloodshed among our members," the president says while walking away.

"Oi, Dazai... A secret meeting with the Port Mafia?!" Kunikida shouts.

"Atsushi-kun's idea has turned into a huge deal. Even though the Guild is now our biggest threat..." Osamu says.

"Wait a second. I have no idea what's going on. First of all, why are you the one arranging the meeting?" Kunikida asks.

"Because I'm originally from the Port Mafia," Osamu answers.

"What?!" Kunikida shouts.

"Everyone knew about it except for you, Kunikida-kun," Osamu states.

"You knew about this?!" Kunikida asks, turning over to me.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. I knew for a while actually," I state nonchalantly.

"What?!" Kunikida shouts once more.

~

"Why can't I go with you?" I ask.

"Because it might get dangerous," Osamu says.

"But—"

"No but's. You're not going. End of discussion."

"Osamu, I'm not some damsel in distress that needs constant protection. Kunikida has been training me during my free time and I've been getting a lot better. So why won't you let me go with you? I want to keep you safe as well."

Osamu sighs before saying, "You don't know the Port Mafia like I do. And I know that you've been getting better at self-defense but it's not enough to combat Mori-sensei and his subordinates. If he manages to get you, I'll be rendered useless. He'll hold your life above my head, knowing I won't do anything to result in your further endangerment."

The room falls silent, neither of us knowing what to say next.

'I know I'm not the strongest. And some may say I'm weak. But I'm not helpless.'

"Please, Osamu. I want to be by your side, especially since you have a dark past with them and this meeting might bring up some unpleasant memories and feelings," I say, being the first one to speak out.

"...I won't allow you to attend the meeting, but I will let you join me in retrieving Q. Is that alright with you?"

"That's fine."

~timeskip~

"So this is where Q is being kept," Osamu says as we arrive at what looks like an old, abandoned house.

A few seconds later, a bunch of light shone on us, several men lining up in front of us with guns. I turn around while Osamu stays facing the house.

"Good evening. Our strategist is adept at reading the enemy's actions," says the same blond man that controls tree roots, accompanied by the octopus man again.

"Of course, it's a trap," Osamu says after turning around to face them as well.

"And I won't let you ruin our plans again," the blond man says, referring to me.

"I beat you once, and I'll beat you again," I say.

Moments later, the sound of a helicopter could be heard from behind us. I turn my head to try and find the helicopter when all of a sudden I'm hit with a huge gust of wind. When I turned back around, I noticed that something, or rather someone, blew past us, taking out several of our enemies in one shot.

'Could it be... Is that... Chuuya?'

All of the lights go out as the enemy starts to shoot at the figure with a glowing red outline, whom I have determined to indeed be Chuuya. Their shooting proves to be pointless against him since he stopped the bullets with his gravity, later lifting the men in the air and slamming them into the ground.

Turning to my side, I notice Osamu scratching his head in irritation.

'Oh right. They don't like each other.'

"Let me set one thing straight. Once I'm done taking out the trash, you're next. Both of you," Chuuya says.

"I knew it. This is why I wasn't feeling up for it today," Osamu says.

"I never heard anything about this surprise attack in the strategic forecasts," the blond man says, trying to use his ability.

"We've been through this already. That's not gonna work, not as long as me and my brother are here," I say, grabbing his arm to nullify his ability.

"Brother?! There's two of you with that annoying nullification ability?!" he asks.

"This seriously sucks," Osamu says.

"That's my line!" Chuuya shouts before kicking the blond man away, his body launching very far away.

"That was a pretty nice kick, Chuuya," I say, slightly in awe at how far he kicked him.

"Why are you talking to me?" he asks, almost sounding offended that I spoke to him.

"Cuz that's how conversations work.You're not very bright, are you?" I say, to which his face turned to irritation.

Osamu lightly chuckles at my comment which makes Chuuya even more mad.

The three of us then stand back to back, ready to fight, with me pulling out my hidden daggers, one in each hand.

~

After defeating all the enemies, the three of us entered the building in search of Q, walking down the stairs to the underground level. Unbeknownst to me, I would have to put up their endless bickering.

"Dammit. This is the worst day in years," Osamu says.

"Yo, Dazai, ever heard of Pétrus?" Chuuya asks.

"The flabbergastingly expensive wine," Osamu says.

"The night you vanished from the organization, I opened an '89 bottle in celebration. That's how sick of you I was."

"I remember setting a bomb under your car that night."

"That was you?! I can't stand you."

"I hate everything about you, too. The only thing I like about you, maybe, is your taste in shoes."

'Did he seriously just say maybe?'

"You think?" Chuuya asks, stopping to look at his shoe.

"Just kidding, of course," Osamu says.

"You...!" Chuuya shouts while attempting to kick Osamu but he jumps down the stairs, effectively dodging the attack.

"I'm familiar with your attacks. Your timing, your thrusts..." Osamu says.

'I did not need to know that.'

We continued to walk further down the stairs, eventually reaching the room where Q was being held in.

"There he is; the sleeping beauty awaiting his savior," Osamu says.

"Sleeping beauty, huh?" Chuuya says.

"Hand me your knife," Osamu requests from Chuuya.

"Eh?" Chuuya says in confusion.

"Oh, wait, I swiped it off you earlier, just in case," Osamu says, pulling out said knife.

"You..."

Osamu holds the knife up to Q's neck, looking ready to kill them.

"Aren't you going to stop me?" Osamu asks expectantly.

"The boss ordered me to take him back alive, but seeing that kid's face, I have flashbacks of the body bags my people came home in, thanks to his curse. Kill him," Chuuya says.

I remain silent, not feeling the need to say anything since I know he won't do it.

"I see. All right, then, I will," Osamu says, repositioning the knife so that the blade is below his fist. He brought the knife down but intentionally missed, aiming for the tree roots instead.

"You softy. Your hypocrisy makes me retch," Chuuya says.

"As long as Q is alive, you still need our ability as a safety measure. The Port Mafia won't be able to kill us, and even if they tried to kill one of us, the other wouldn't allow for that to happen. It's a rational decision," Osamu states.

"I don't know about that," Chuuya says.

~

After retrieving Q, we make our way out of the house, with Chuuya carrying Q and Osamu holding the doll.

"Yo, Dazai, you asshole, hand over that doll!" Chuuya shouts.

"No way. It's our insurance," Osamu says.

"Also, why couldn't she carry Q?!" Chuuya shouts, pointing at me.

"I'm not going to make my sister go through all that trouble," Osamu answers.

"I'm going to kill him someday," Chuuya mumbles to himself.

Without warning, a tentacle grabs Chuuya by the neck and drags him outside, throwing him against the front wall of the house.

"Chuuya!" I shout while running outside, Osamu slowly trailing behind me.

'So he's finally making his move now. I guess he's a late starter, just like before.'

"My shoulder's been stiff for some reason. Am I working too much?" I hear Lovecraft say.

"What was that ability?" I hear Chuuya ask.

Before I can answer, Osamu says, "I'd expect no less from the Guild! What amazing resilience!" while stepping on Chuuya.

"Get off me!" Chuuya's shouts are muffled from his head being pushed towards the ground. "He's coming, Dazai. What should we do?" Chuuya asks after Osamu gets off of him.

"What do you mean? Bring on any gift, and me and Y/n will take care of it with the touch of a finger," Osamu says.

"Well, actually—" I say but I'm interrupted when Lovecraft smacks me with one of his tentacles, my body slamming into a tree before falling on my side.

"Y/n!" Osamu and Chuuya shout in unison.

Osamu runs over to me while Chuuya fends off Lovecraft.

"Y/n! Are you alright?!" Osamu shouts, falling to his knees.

"Y/n!" Chuuya shouts, making his way over. "You're hurt pretty badly."

"That's because those tentacles aren't an ability. I tried to say so earlier but I got cut off. Sorry," I say, apologizing for not telling them ahead of time.

"You don't need to apologize. You just need to rest," Osamu says reassuringly.

"Seriously? That's hilarious, man. If it's not an ability, then what is it?" Chuuya asks.

"Alright, let's do things the old way. How about Operation Shame and Toad?" Osamu asks Chuuya.

'Huh?'

"Eh? What is this, Rain Beyond the Window? It's more like the Lie of the Fake Flowers," Chuuya says.

'I have no clue what they're talking about.'

"Chuuya. When have my tactics ever been wrong?" Osamu asks.

"...Dammit," Chuuya sighs.

"So... are you going to explain to me what that little interaction was?" I ask, confused by what's happening.

"Don't worry about it! I just need you to stay here and rest," Osamu says, leaning me up against the tree so that I'm in a sitting position.

Lovecraft begins to slowly approach Osamu, Chuuya hidden behind him.

"Hey," Osamu says, raising up his hands.

Lovecraft sends a barrage of tentacles our way. Before they can reach him, Chuuya jumps out from behind him and kicks them. Running along one of the tentacles, Chuuya punches his fist through Lovecraft's chest, leaving a sizable hole.

"Gravity manipulation," Chuuya says as he uses his gravity to push Lovecraft down while pulling himself up, floating in midair. "My ability controls the gravity of those I touch. Take a nap, octopus."

"Good job," Osamu says.

"Bastard, ordering me around like a sheep dog."

"I'd use a sheep dog if I had one. But I don't, so I had to make do with you."

"You...!"

'What's that sound?'

I look over towards where Lovecraft is and see that he's resisting against Chuuya's gravity.

"Guys—"

Before I could warn them, Lovecraft sends a tentacle towards us and rips off Osamu's arm that was cast, his body being flung through the air until it hits a tree.

"Osamu/Dazai!" me and Chuuya shout in unison.

Lovecraft's body begins to shine a bright blue, his body changing into a giant, octopus monster.

"What is that?" I ask, shocked by the sight before me.

"Dude, what kind of joke is this?" Chuuya asks, also in shock and disbelief.

"This is something inhuman," I hear Osamu weakly say.

"Osamu!" I shout, trying to get myself to stand up, having to have Chuuya hold me up as we walk over to Osamu.

"You... Your arm..." Chuuya says.

"Chuuya, Y/n, there's something I want you to hear before I die," Osamu starts.

'Die?! No! You can't die! You can't leave me!'

"What the hell? This isn't your place to—" Chuuya starts but is interrupted.

"Boo!" Osamu says, popping his arm out of his coat. Chuuya grips Osamu by his collar with his free hand and pulls it upward. "I'm going into a fight injured. Why wouldn't I do this?"

I lower Chuuya's hand and punch Osamu in the chest, a bit weak but effective. "Don't ever do that to me again."

"Y-Yes, ma'am. I'm sorry," he responds.

"Why don't you stop wasting time on magic tricks and start thinking about how we're going to deal with that nightmare?" Chuuya says, pointing towards Lovecraft.

"We only have one more course of action," Osamu states.

"Don't tell me... you're going to do something disgraceful," Chuuya says.

"What is he talking about, Osamu?" I ask.

"It was after we wrecked an entire enemy organization overnight that we started being called the devastating rivals, or Double Black," Osamu explains before turning to Chuuya. "But if I'm late to support you, you'll die. I'll let you choose."

"You'll let me choose? Whenever you say that, I never actually have another choice," Chuuya says, walking me over to the tree to support myself before heading over to Lovecraft.

"Osamu..." I begin but can't finish.

"Just watch," he says, making me turn my attention over to Chuuya who was removing his gloves, throwing them onto the ground.

"Grantors of dark disgrace, you need not wake me again," Chuuya says as a bunch of red markings crawl their way along his body, a heavy atmosphere surrounding him.

"What the hell is that?" I hear the blond man ask, apparently having finally regained consciousness.

"Are you curious, Guild worker ant?" Osamu asks the man while holding a knife to his throat. "That's the true form of Chuuya's ability. Chuuya's corrupted form allows him to manipulate nearby gravitons. The graviton bomb is a densely-packed black hole, swallowing everything in its path. But he has no control over this ability, so his rage continues until he consumes all his energy and dies."

'So that's what he meant by if he's late, he'll die. Chuuya can only use this corrupted form if Osamu is here to nullify it.'

"But just what is that thing, anyway? No matter how much he chips away at it, it just regenerates immediately. You must know what it truly is, given that you're his partner," Osamu says.

"Who knows? Why would I tell you, even if I did?" the blond man asks.

"Osamu, I don't think Chuuya can hold out for much longer," I say.

"That's such a shame. There's no way to destroy Lovecraft from the outside when he's in that state," the blond man states.

"So, you're saying we can destroy him from the inside," I say.

On cue, Osamu pulls out a bomb detonator and pushes the button, causing the bomb he planted in Lovecraft to go off.

"Finish him, Chuuya," Osamu says as Chuuya throws a giant graviton towards Lovecraft, resulting in a massive explosion.

Eventually, Osamu walks over to Chuuya and nullifies his ability before it damages him any further. The red markings begin to disappear and his eyes go back to normal. From the amount of pressure his body went through, he fell to his knees.

"Are you alright?" I ask, finding the strength to walk over by myself.

"You both... better take me... to the extraction point," he says, falling out of consciousness.

As Chuuya's body begins to fall, I catch him by the collar of his jacket before he can hit the ground. I sit down on my knees, resting his head on my lap while he lays unconscious.

"You got it, partner," Osamu says with a smile.

"I can't believe it. The Lovecraft... Who are you people?" the blond man asks.

"The bad guys' enemy," me and Osamu say in unison.

~⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡☆⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66K 2.5K 19
"Never play with the feelings of others because you may win the game, but the risk is that you surely lose the person for a lifetime." Love is as com...
34.3K 1.2K 15
* เผ„ เณƒ ยฐโ€ขโ€โžท โ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™›๐™ช๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ค๐™—๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™จ, ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฎ ๐™˜๐™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™˜๐™š๏ฟฝ...
387K 15.8K 34
[First Book] Atsushi and Shiori are abandoned orphans who are living on the streets. They've gone a week without food and are about to die as a resul...
5K 200 14
Dazai is a very complicated person and so is your history with him, after so much hurt and agony, you lose the ability to speak after he disappears b...