The Heart of Batman | Bruce W...

By octoberbabyj

"You are Master Bruce's sun and Batman's moon. He can't quite figure you out." - Alfred Pennyworth, the loyal... More

Past romance
Every mask has a face
The Crowns
Sun (doesn't) shine in Gotham
Memories of the past
The fall from grace
Fortune-telling and superstitions
The Cat and the Bat
Like mother like daughter
The Heart of the Penquin
Green is the Bat
Queen lost his crown
Fever
Harley Quinn
First Date
Sad is the Bat
A new vigilante(s) in town
Rogue
Red is the color of blood
Coffee kisses
Not his lover, not his sidekick
Rogue is Ro
Storm
The Bat in love
Kissing Batman
Love in heart of town
Training and kisses
Matters of the heart
Batman is my boyfriend
Bruce's nightmare
Coward

Gotham City

872 25 0
By octoberbabyj

"Are you sure we are at the right location?" Nightwing asked in the dark alley. We were on patrol. Someone left an anonymous tip for GCPD.

"Yes", I replied in my usual voice as I glanced around but no one was there. The street was empty. All around were just buildings.

"There is no one here", Nightwing stated when suddenly something completely unexpected happened. A woman fell into my arms out of nowhere.

I took me a moment to realize what just happened.

I looked down at her and caught her staring at my lips then she looked up at me, straight into my eyes.

My eyes widened.

Her emerald green eyes shone like two green beams of light. I couldn't shake the strange feeling of familiarity and undeniable attraction.

I carefully lowered her back down onto her feet. Her long dark brown thick hair rolled all the way down to her waist.

I glanced down at her ladylike dress. The fabric looked expensive.

Whoever she is, she is rich.

She glanced down at my suit and then looked in Nightwing's direction, confused.

And not from around here.

She turned and walked away in silence not looking back.

Where did she fall from?

I glanced around. It must be off one of the rooftops of nearby buildings.

"Hey, do you need help?!" Nightwing shouted to her but it was too late. She was gone.

And then I saw it. On the ground. It must be hers.

I bent down and picked up the necklace. The shine of the golden necklace with a heart shaped pendant reminded me of...

"Why did you let her go?! She's clearly in trouble. Women like her don't fall from buildings just like that", Nightwing scolded me.

... her eyes.

"Are you alright?" Nightwing asked concerned. He noticed I was more silent than usual. Sometimes I forget we live in Gotham where everything is possible.

His words snapped me out of my thoughts. I quickly pressed a button on my utility belt and put the necklace inside.

I lifted up my head. "Yes."

"Let's go", I ordered then turned and walked in the direction of the Batmobile. The GCPD will be here soon to discover it was a false tip.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Nightwing asked, looking at me in his seat as we drove to the Batcave.

Why wasn't she afraid of us? I didn't see fear on her face.

"No", I said sternly, looking at the road.

She must be Dick's or Barbara's age, in her early 20s.

I couldn't stop thinking about her and worrying all the way back to the Batcave. Nightwing is right. What if is she is in some kind of trouble? I shouldn't have let her walk away like that.

I took a shower and changed into my regular clothes. Meanwhile, Alfred and Dick were talking in the Batcave. I waited for them to finish.

"Al, you won't believe what happened tonight", Dick started with excitement.

"We were on patrol when a woman fell from a building straight into Bruce's arms", Dick continued. "I mean Batman caught her", Dick corrected, rubbing the back of his head.

"And what happened next Master Richard?" Alfred asked curiously.

"He let her go", Nigtwing replied.

"That doesn't sound like Master Bruce. He wouldn't leave a lady in trouble."

"In trouble! That's exactly what I said." I should have asked her and offered her my, our help in case she needed it. "He looked at her as if he knows her but I don't think he does."

"Interesting Master Richard. So, a mysterious woman caught Master Bruce's attention? It doesn't happen often", Alfred paused raising his brow. "And I assume yours as well, Master Richard?"

"Well", Dick sighed and continued talking with admiration. "She's gorgeous Al. She has long dark brown hair, green eyes. She's 5 feet and 4 inches tall. She'sー" Alfred interrupted him.

"Did you measure her weight as well Master Richard?" Alfred asked. He was just joking, teasing Dick, in his usual manner. Alfred is the funny one. I got used to his witty humor and remarks.

"She's skinny. I think she weighs 120 pounds", Dick replied not realizing Alfred was just joking.

She weighs less than 120, 110 pounds.

"Iー I... I didn't." Dick stammered and blushes. "I wasn't the one who was holding her." Dick looked at my direction.

"I think she's about my age. What do you think Bruce?" Dick added as I walked past him, pretending I haven't heard his question.

"I think I'm in love Al!" Dick let out a loud sigh and headed upstairs, back to the manor. I heard him humming too.

"Youth", Alfred commented. "I remember when you were like that Master Bruce." I'm in my middle 30s but I feel old...

"It was long time ago Alfred...", I said.

"Perhaps you should follow Master Richard's example. It would be nice seeing you with a lady for a change. I suggest calling Ms. Madison out for dinner. She was asking for you, Master Bruce", Alfred informed, following me around.

Julia...

"I don't think that's a good idea", I said. Julia and I broke up after almost a year of dating. I wasn't ready to commit. I never gave her false hope. She always knew where she stood with me. I'm not planning to propose to any woman, ever again. She still calls me, occasionally, hoping for me to change my mind.

"Perhaps Ms. Kyle then?" Alfred suggested.

Selina.

"Even worse idea Alfred", I reminded. Selina said she has changed... but I don't believe her words. She said it too many times before and then returned to her old ways of living. It took me some time to finally accept it - some people aren't meant to be happy and I'm one of them.

I walked up to my Batman suit and took out the necklace. I just stood there in silence, thinking. "Is there something bothering you, Master Bruce?"

I stared down at the gold heart shaped pendant in my hand.

Who are you?

"Not something", I admitted. There is no reason to hide things from Alfred. He knows me the best, he raised me.

"Someone sir?" Alfred questioned first then stated. "The girl you met on patrol."

"She left an impression on you as well", Alfred added. "Very unusual Master Bruce."

"The feeling...", I mumbled.

"The feeling, sir?" Alfred questioned, confused by my words.

When you first met someone you like. But it always ends the same. With loss.

Gotham is a big place. What are the chances I'll meet her again?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 5.5K 40
You got fired from your job, assisted a bank robbery, and met the Joker all on the same day. Can you survive working for the Joker? Will having his t...
956K 25.7K 32
MoS | BvS 1st place in the 2017 DC Watty Award! From a very young age, trouble has always seemed to follow Rose Montgomery. When she finally moves to...
15.4K 416 25
POST TDKR. Selina leaves Gotham under instructions and finds herself in an emotional rollercoaster she never saw coming. They both knew physically th...
30.3K 773 46
Every thing good, comes in twos! When you marry your dream spouse, life should be a dream! Right? When Bruce Wayne, billionaire philanthropist, rej...