HAUNTED

By Skyeereadss

"𝙸 πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞. πš‚πš˜ πš–πšžπšŒπš‘ πš’πš πš–πšŠπš”πšŽπšœ πš–πšŽ πš πšŠπš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πšπš’πšŽ. π™²πšŠπšžπšœπšŽ 𝙸 πšπš˜πš—'𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚜�... More

HAUNTED
Characters
Playlist
Happy Birthday
2. Dolls
3: Poison goddamn ivy
5: Shower with warm water
6. Maybe there's hope afterall
7. Search
8: Kiss

4: You are whole, Emma

27 3 25
By Skyeereadss

THAT SAME NIGHT
Glenn took T-Dog and Emma to the farm. It was futher then the girl had suspected, making her tired on the ride there.

By the time they arrived at the farm, Emma's head was on Glenn's, her eyelids barely open. "So, do we ring the bell?" T-Dog asked, sweat covering his entire body.

"I mean it looks like people live here" Glenn responded.

"Don't be a pussy, knock on the damn door its freezing" Emma muttered.

"Did you close the gate up the road when you drove in?" A girl with short hair asked. Her knees were to her chest as she wore a top with flowers on it, jeans, and cow boy boots.

"Uh, hi. Yes, we closed it" Glenn responded to the young woman. "Did the latch and everything"

"God, your such a dork" Emma mumbled, her shoulder still on Glenn's. Glenn rolled his eyes. "Nice to see you again" He added.

"Look, we came to help. There anything we can do?" T-Dog asked as the woman eyed his bandaged wrist warily. "It's not a bite. I cut myself pretty bad though" T-Dog reassured her.

"We'll have it looked at. I'll tell them you're here" She said before attempting to enter the lit up home before Glenn stopped her. "We have some painkillers and antibiotics. I already gave them some."

"Yeah, that shit works great" Emma mumbled.

The woman grabbed the bottles while speaking, "Come on inside. I'll make you something to eat"

The woman then let the three inside the house, the light making Emma quit leaning on Glenn's shoulder and admire the home.

The first room where everyone was in. They entered to see a blonde woman sitting at a chair near the entrance, Lori and Rick sitting around the bed and an older man sitting on the bed while Carl was on the bed. His shirt removed, a bandage on his skin, his eyelids closed.

"Hey" Glenn spoke, making their presence known.

"Hey" Rick said.

The older man sat up as Glenn wetted his lips before speaking. "Um, we're here, okay?"

"Thank you" Lori told them.

They all drifted out of the room and into the kitchen.

A blonde girl then entered the room. She smiled at the people before her smile faded. "My goodness! That rash looks awful!" The girl sat down next to Emma, grabbing her wrist.

Emma chuckled. "Poison ivy." She informed the girl as the brunette woman made them something to eat.

"What's your name? I'm Beth" Beth said with a soft smile.

"Emma"

"That's a lovely name, Emma. Let me get some cream for your rash. You gotta watch what's out in those woods" Beth said with a snicker before going into another room and coming back with a ointment in her hand.

She took the cap off. "This will be cold. It won't hurt, it'll feel relaxing" Beth said before putting a little bit of cream on it and rubbing it in gently. "Do you know what your name means, Emma?"

"Nope" Emma shook her head.

Beth smiled slightly. "It means whole. So, if anyone, and I mean anyone made you feel little in any sort of form, just know they are wrong. You are whole, Emma. Don't forget that"

Emma smiled slightly at that statement, her cheeks turning pinkish as her stomach felt werid, like when you go down on a swing werid.

She ignored it though. "I'm Maggie, by the way" Maggie said before handing each one of them a ham and cheese sandwich.

"That's a nice name, Maggie" Glenn said with a small smile. "Thank you for the food"

"No problem. Let's look at that arm now" Maggie said before sitting next to T-Dog.

Maggie took the bandage off T-Dog's arm that was being held with duct tape, her eyes widening. "This is not good" Maggie said out loud.

"That looks shitty, T-Dog" Emma said as T-Dog gave her a 'I didn't notice, really?' look.

Beth then changed the conversation. "How'd this happen?" She asked. Her voice was so soft and calm, like an ASMR voice, Emma could listen to her all day.

She grabbed Emma's other arm. Seeing the deep cut Emma knew what the girl was talking about. "I fell. It's nothing"

"Nothing? I'll be the judge of that. Does this hurt?" Beth added pressure to the cut with her fingers.

"Ow! Fuck!" Emma shouted.

"How about this?"

"Motherfucker!" Emma shouted once more.

"And this?"

"No stop-OW!" Emma shouted in pain as it hurt badly.

Beth sighed. "What caused the cut?" Beth then asked the girl.

"A stick. Like I said it's nothing"

"You don't know anything about the human body or health because there are a bunch of splinters in your wound which can lead to infection. If it's not infected already." Beth snapped at the girl, sick of her claiming it was nothing.

Emma took a bite of her sandwich, the first meal she had in days. "It'll heal. I don't need your help"

"Hey! Don't be rude to my sister" Maggie snapped at the young girl.

"I'm not being rude. I'm just stating a fact. I don't give two shits about my cut or any of you" Emma began laughing. "My cat is dead, my father is dead, my mother is dead, my best friend is dead. What's the point anymore?"

Maggie's eyebrows furrowed. She turned to Glenn. "How many pills did you give her?"

"Three?"

"Of what?" Maggie then asked.

Glenn shrugged. Maggie poured one of each pill on her hand. "Which one did It look like?"

Glenn eyed each pill suspiciously before picking the middle one.

Maggie licked her lips. "Shit" She whispered before turning to Emma. "Do you feel hot? Or perhaps cold?"

"Cold. I don't know Maggie. This sandwich is pretty good though" Emma said with her mouth full.

"She needs to rest. Right now. You gave her twice a normal dose of doxycycline" Maggie said as she felt the girls head.

Emma suddenly stood up, pushing the woman and leaning over the kitchen sink, vomiting as Glenn quickly ran to hold her hair back.

"She was only supposed to have one tablet" Maggie told the boy.

Beth stood up and got the girl a glass of water. "Go ahead, get it all out" Glenn mumbled to her before taking the glass of water from Beth.

"Fuck. I hate puking" Emma mumbled before puking once more. Once done her mouth was very full of saliva and felt yucky.

The girl chugged the whole cup of water down before almost falling to the ground, she was so dizzy. Luckily Beth caught her.

"She needs to lie down" Maggie told her as they lead her to the sofa.

Emma laid down on the couch, her eyelids heavy.

"She'll need lots of fluids and rest." Maggie told everyone.

Beth turned to Maggie. "She needs stitches! If we avoid it for any longer it could lead to infection or even worse" Beth told the older girl.

Maggie wetted her lips. "Grab everything you need"

"What?" Emma asked, confused.

Maggie went into the kitchen, returning with a wooden spoon. "Bite down on this. This'll hurt like a bitch and we wouldn't want you to bite off your own tongue"

Emma put the spoon in her mouth, her eyes wide. "What do you mean?" Emma asked, her voice muffled by the spoon.

Glenn put her attention on him. "It'll be okay. Think about Simba or Amy. A time where you were happy"

Emma's heart was racing when Beth returned, her arm on the small coffee table.

When the needle entered she screamed, biting down on the wood so hard she knew it made a dent. "She needs to be quiet! She'll attract walkers!" The blonde woman that was once in the room where Carl was exclaimed, stressed.

Emma spit the spoon out. "Fuck you blonde bitch!" Emma shouted in anger.

Glenn began stroking her hair in a panic. "It's okay, I'm here, breathe"

After a few seconds Emma fell unconscious as the pain was too much to handle. She'd rather get eaten by a walker then experience that again.

***

"Do you ever wonder where celebrities are right now?" Emma asked, turning to the blonde girl as she chuckled.

"What?" She asked.

"Yeah! Like Taylor Swift or Kylie Jenner or Lady Gaga." Emma said.

Emma and Amy were sitting at the camp fire Shane made them at the Atlantic camp, making small talk. Amy thought the joke was ridiculous and chuckled at the girls sense of humor.

"Money doesn't matter now, bitches!" Emma exclaimed as Amy broke out in laughing.

"God, your ridiculous!" Amy said as Emma smiled.

"At least I'm not plain like salt" Emma said with a proud smile, carving her knife with a rock.

Emma put her brownish blonde hair behind her ear as she focused. "Who's your favorite celebrity? Of all time"

"Well Jensen Ackles in that new soap opera was pretty hot" Amy said as Emma laughed slightly.

"You're ridiculous" Emma said. "I much prefer Jennifer Anniston" She threw her knife in the air, catching it.

"I was talking about celebrity crushes. Do you like women?" Amy asked, seeing Emma's cheeks go bright red.

"What?" Her eyes widened. "No" Emma then faked a smile as she turned back to sharpening her knife.

"Nothing to be ashamed of. Liking girls is okay." Amy told her. "And we are friends. Yes you are fourteen and I'm twenty-two but you are wise for your age. You can talk to me about anything"

"I'm not a gay. But if Jennifer came up to me and asked for us to fuck, I'd say yes" Emma told her as Amy bursted out laughing.

"Like I said, wise. In certain topics" Amy said as Emma's eyebrows furrowed.

"That seemed like a backhanded compliment" Emma commented.

***

Sun was shining through the window, making the girl wake up. Her head was heavy still but she felt better then last night. Her brain was sorta foggy as she ran to find whatever room the bathroom was located.

After three bedrooms she found it. She instantly did her business and walked out when she was finished.
She looked turned to the room Carl was in, seeing him sound asleep, she smiled softly before going outside where the rest where located.

She saw Shane, which was shocking. And his head was shaved. Emma didn't like his new hairstyle. "Shane? Your back?" Emma said, making her presence known as everyone turned to her.

"How you feeling?" Glenn asked the girl.

"Better" Emma admitted.

"I hope I did a good sewing job. You're my first person I've ever stitched up" Beth told the girl, holding two rocks.

"I'll act like you didn't say that otherwise I'll have a heart attack. Where's uhh...what's his name...Otis?" Emma asked.

Emma was informed of the man who shot Carl. She never met him but to her he seemed like an asshole who needs to learn to aim.

Seeing everyone's expression change she knew he was gone. "Oh."

"The surgery went well. Carl will be okay" Maggie changed the topic.

Emma wetted her lips. "That's good."

-----------------------------------------
Words - 1875
Written - March 9th 2024
Published - March 10th 2024

A/N:

Chapter four published! Hope you enjoyed! If you did please vote and comment as it keeps me motivated to keep writing and publishing chapters.

Did alot of Google searches about wounds, stitches, and overdoses for this chapter...

One of the last paragraphs about Otis being an asshole literally shattered my heart to write. He was such a better character then Shane and he had like eight minutes of screen time.

Anyway, have a good night/day and enjoy your Sunday or Monday, whatever ur time zone or day it is!

Tiktok - skyeereadsswp
Instagram - skyeereadsswp

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329 28 6
❝ 𝐦𝐚𝐀𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐝, 𝐬𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐒𝐫π₯ ❞ Charlotte Greene had always thought everything would be fine. She thought that the illness that caused...
5.3K 187 25
"You can either hate me or want to survive" Mercy Hawkins was only 20 when the outbreak started. Alone, frightened and hopeless she lingers on throug...
47.2K 832 56
"Did ya ever have a bad time? I mean before ya stopped going, ya both always came back with huge smiles on ya faces. Ya always had good stories to te...