Inferno | Bbangsaz

By evelyn_caramel

❝I've loved you until death. But in the end I didn't die.❞ Hanni's world shatters when her husband is killed... More

Ciao
Personaggio
Prologo
1 | Armless Wolf
2 | Marriage of Death
4 | Overturning Events
5 | Hug my neck
6 | Practice
7 | Black Lion
8 | Kissing in the Rain
9 | Secret Lovers
10 | Dine in Heaven
11 | Under the Moonlight
12 | Silken Bonds
13 | Morning Pills
14 | Chaos in Chicago
15 | After the Storm
16 | Show me Your Scars
Notice
17 | Shadow of Past
18 | Fingerprints on My Memories
19 | The Yakuza
20 | Haerin's Past [ 1 ]
21 | Haerin's Past [ 2 ]

3 | Outrunning Car

678 74 38
By evelyn_caramel

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐢 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Despite being the second child of a notorious family, I still face troubles during dinner. Tonight the dinner is prepared in the same luxurious way as always—wagyu beef, prawn appetizer, salad with ginger dressing and red wine filling the tall glasses. Still, it couldn't be more bitter than never knowing what I'm getting involved in.

"Have you found a woman yet, Minji?" My mamma queries. Her voice is flat enough to burn anger through my entire body.

I clench both the knife and fork firmly. Danielle notices it, gently strokes my arm to help me feel better. What a sweet gesture from her.

"Mamma, why did you keep on pressuring Minji? She has the right to be in love or not. It's not anyone's job to decide when or who." For once my brother is actually on my side. God bless him.

"Mingyu, haven't I lectured you enough about being shut up when I'm talking?" Mamma shoots him a look. Cold enough to put Mingyu in a hush.

Mingyu shoves the forkful of beef into his mouth slowly. "Alright, sorry."

Mamma pays attention to me back. "Answer my question, Minji."

I stare at the steak on my plate and no longer have any appetite.

"Not yet." I mutter quietly. The two words echo sorrowfully through the dining room.

Mamma crosses her arms over her chest. "I give you a month and your answer is always the same. Now I have no other choice but to force you. Next week, I'll introduce you to a girl and arrange a marriage."

"But, mamma..."

"No exceptions, honey. This is all for your own good."

I slammed the table with both the fork and knife, making Danielle beside me flinch. Damn it I don't mean to scare her like that.

I take a glance at each of my family members around the big round table. Mamma's still staring at me authoritatively in the eyes, indicates that she's deadly serious with every single word that comes out of her mouth.

Papá and Mingyu exchange blank looks as they look at one another. They know they won't win when it comes to this matter so they're better off in silence.

Danielle's love for me as a sister is evident in her eyes. Like mamma, she wants me to be happy too. But really, can't they just leave me the fuck alone with my tragic love story?

A cold tear slowly running down my right cheek. My breath is heavy with each of the second passes.

I miss her.

I stand up, roughly wiping my tears away with the back of my hand. I kiss Danielle's cheek sorry before turning and walking away.

"Minji!" Mamma calls for me. I don't give a fuck to it.

"Kim Minji! Get your ass back here!!" Still, not giving any fuck.

I'm going to see someone new next week—should I open my heart this time? No matter what, I'm going to get married anyway to whoever my mamma agrees to.

Fuck everyone. Also, fuck me for not moving on even after four years.

𖨆𖨆𖨆

When I'm depressed and exhausted, I spend my time practicing shooting for countless hours. I also spent half of my days sleeping on my bed, hoping the dream would take me away and that somehow I didn't have to wake up.

I'm not like Haerin and Hyein who smoke right after they finish their mission or light up their cigarettes and cry when a girl rejects them. I'm just not into smoking, drinking, or anything that involves harming myself. It's stupid and not that it can really solve problems, despite weakening my body more.

I curl up and grip the white duvet that snugly embraces me.

I always think about how big this bed is for just me to own it. Oh, to have someone accompany me when I sleep. To have someone laugh and go anywhere together.

Maeva was that someone. We were together for more than two years, just for her to die in the most horrible way anyone could ever imagine.

There's a knock on the door. The hell's coming, I'm not in the mood for talking.

"Bear?" Hyein's voice came to me.

She walks closer until she stands beside me. I play dead by acting asleep and tightening my hug around my bolster pillow.

"Come on. I know you're not asleep. Let's get you out of here." Hyein pulls my arm, trying to get me up but I right away slap her hand, making her ouche and release it.

"Get lost." I bury my face against my bolster.

Hyein sighs out loud. "I'm out to go get some ice cream. You in?"

Shit.

𖨆𖨆𖨆

Who could've thought a trip to get ice cream could heal me? At least it did for a while and not long until I realized I only had two days before my mamma arranged my marriage.

Honestly? I don't know what to feel. If getting married forcefully brings me closer to happiness, I wouldn't mind. Even though it breaks every single piece of my heart that it's not going to be Maeva.

It's never going to be her.

"Single life is so boring. I'm searching for a cutie shortie girl right now who's around my shoulder's height."

"Mmmhmm." That's all my response is.

"My standard is not that high. I just want someone who's warm-hearted, soft-hearted, and not hot-tempered. She doesn't have to be good at cooking, I'll take care of that. If she's not good at handling guns, I can teach her that. For her better safety."

I have no single idea what Hyein has been babbling about but from what I heard just now, it's her searching for someone too.

"So, do you have any idea in your mind who that could be?"

I slide the glass of the ice cream tub open, taking out two nice wrapped-up chocolate ice cream cones from it.

"Are you even listening!?" Hyein smacks my arm.

"Yes, yes." I stroll straight to the counter, leaving her behind. Not caring any less all the curse words that escape her mouth.

My feet stop on their way as I spot a very familiar-looking woman in front of the counter.

My whole world slowed down to a stop.

She... looks just like Maeva.

Small in height, baby-looking face, long eyelashes, fair milky white skin, appetizing pink lips. She dressed in a work outfit so casually—black blazer, white shirt and black trousers. Only God knows how much it aches my heart to find someone precisely like my past lover.

"Min." Hyein calls me softly as she touches my shoulder.

I don't bother to move my eyes an inch from her. She's buying a big box of chocolate milk, a lot of junk food, and a big packet of instant noodles. Handling a 50-euro note, she's waiting patiently for the change.

"She looks like..."

"Eva." I finished.

Cold silence shrouded us.

Hyein releases her hand slowly. Without turning to my ace, I pay for both of our ice creams and rush out the front door.

Golden sunlight bathes the empty city street, bathing her as she crosses the street. Her mind must be occupied with something based on her serious empty face.

As we stopped at the edge, the green light turned red, hedging us immediately. Hedging me from her so far that for a second I'm afraid I'm not going to see her again.

Why do I even care? Because she looks exactly like my past lover?

Don't be a dick, Minji.

"Aren't you a little curious what her name is?" Hyein breaks the silence.

"Perhaps." I answer. Exactly the opposite of what I have in mind.

Out of nowhere, a sleek black car speeding down the road wiping my thoughts away. Unaware of the impending danger, she continues walking at a calm pace. The car accelerates, the engine roaring ominously.

Time seems too slow for me as I witness the scene. My eyes widen in horror.

The horrifying sounds of tires screeching reverberate. The young woman looks up just in time to meet the car's headlights. When she finally realizes, it's too late.

The car strikes her with a sickening thud, sending her fragile body into the air. The collision echoes through the street, leaving her lying coldly on the road, both eyes closed. Blood puddled underneath her body.

My heart hammers my chest out loud.

I observe the plate number closely as the black car speeds away callously.

It's vacant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 642 31
In a world where not everyone is given a chance to say goodbye nor a second hello, Danielle finds the girl who left her without a goodbye. Although g...
359K 17.3K 47
Bitterness. Cold. Hotheaded. Are all things that Kim Minji, the young CEO, is familiar with. She's rich and successful, and very smart in managing th...
23.4K 1.4K 20
I have men in suits protecting me, always willing to put their lives in danger to ensure my safety, but when they can't reach me, there's always one...
68.4K 4.8K 24
Kim Minji loves the idea of not being committed to anyone, and no consequences, which is why she feels it necessary to have sex with any attractive p...