Harry Potter and the Lighting...

By PeskyBird12345

How would the wizarding world react to a Boy Who Lived who is much different from what they expected? One tha... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 46

1.3K 55 2
By PeskyBird12345

Daphne Greengrass, the Lady of the Most Ancient and Noble Houses of Potter, Gryffindor and Slytherin appeared with a flash in the Entrance Hall of Potter Castle. Without wasting a moment, she ran towards Harry's study. Her ring flashed when she touched the door handle and it opened. She went to the other side of the room and tapped the plain wall three times with her wand. Her ring flashed again, and a rune plate appeared. She quickly tapped the various runes on it and the door materialised flashing a light blue around the edges. She opened the small safe and took out a sample of blood and a basin.

She placed the basin on the desk and tapped various runes on it. The inside of the basin swirled and Daphne dropped Harry's blood in it. She then opened a drawer and took out a special parchment and placed it on the desk. She waited for a minute, idly tapping runes and muttering charms, just as Harry had instructed her about two months ago. Finally, the inside of the basin turned deep red. Daphne took the parchment and dropped it on the basin. The parchment glowed and floated above the basin, with writing on it. Daphne smiled. She had found him.

The basin was a Potter family invention, designed by a daughter of the family in case a member of the family had to be found. It used a person's blood, and it would detect where he was, even if he was under wards. It would be distorted and not provide a very accurate position if there were too many wards, but it was accurate none the less. She placed the basin back in the safe, waved her wand and it sealed itself with another flash of blue light. She ran back to the Entrance Hall, touched the Slytherin ring and muttered 'Hogwarts'.

HP*LIGHTNING LORD*HP

Back at Hogwarts, the crowd watched with bated breath as Harry was tied to a stone gargoyle. Amelia was busy barking orders to her Aurors who were trying to find where Harry was, using the crystal which was transmitting everything. Just then they heard something. Sirius turned and his eyes went wide. "Peter Pettigrew" he snarled, venom dripping from his words.

The Death Eaters tied Harry in ropes. There was a huge cauldron on the ground. One of the Death Eaters lit a fire underneath with a flick of his wand. Pettigrew came forward, carrying a bundle in his arms.

"Hurry" said a high, cold voice.

"It is ready Master" said a Death Eater.

"Now"

Pettigrew opened the bundle and people let out terrified screams. It revealed something ugly, something slimy and blind but was much worse. It looked like a human baby, except that it was hairless and scaly-looking. Its face was nothing like that of a human; it had red eyes and slits for nostrils. Wormtail dropped it into the cauldron which hissed as the creature's body hit the bottom.

"Voldemort" breathed out Sirius, unable to tear his eyes from the mirror. People started screaming in fright when they heard him. Bagman was unable to speak, and Fudge was shaking his head, muttering that it wasn't real.

Just then, Daphne appeared in a flash of light, right in the middle of the stadium. Everyone turned to face her. Dumbledore tried to intercept her, but she ran directly to Amelia. She handed her a piece of parchment and said "There are the coordinates where he is being held. Hurry!"

Amelia didn't need telling twice. "Come on, move it" she shouted to the dozen Aurors that were there. They, along with Sirius ran to the gates of Hogwarts, where they would create a portkey to the graveyard where Harry was being held.

Daphne looked at the mirror. She knew that going with them was a bad idea, as she would only be a hindrance. Talented she may be, but she wasn't an idiot. Her parents stood on either side of her, both ashen faced.

People watched as Pettigrew pointed his wand at the grave. "Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son" he said. The bottom of the grave rumbled, and a bone from the ground fell into the cauldron.

Pettigrew whimpered and hesitated. "Do it, Wormtail" hissed a voice, which many recognised as Lucius Malfoy. Pettigrew drew a long, thin knife from within his robes.

"Flesh of the servant, w-willingly given, you will r-revive your master"

With that, he cut off his hand and many people screamed along with Wormtail. Nobody had seen anything so horrifying in their lives. Daphne's eyes went wide as Peter went to Harry. He took his knife and many screamed and cried as they wondered what would happen to their beloved Boy Who Lived. Instead of killing him, Peter used the knife to make a cut in Harry left wrist, which others couldn't see was staring to heal on its own.

"B-blood of the enemy, forcibly taken, you will resurrect your foe"

As Peter added the drops of blood in the cauldron, it began simmering, sending white sparks in all directions. The steam cleared, and a skeletal man slowly stepped out of the cauldron.

"Robe me" he said in a high, cold voice.

One of the Death Eaters scrambled as he went forward to place the robes over his master's neck. Everyone looked in sheer terror as the man's face came into view.

A snake-like face as white as bone, with red eyes with vertical pupils and slits for nostrils; Lord Voldemort had risen again.

HP*LIGHTNING LORD*HP

Amelia, Sirius and the Aurors used the portkey and arrived farther than their required destination.

"What's going on here?" demanded Amelia.

One of the Aurors scanned the place and said "We're about three hundred meters from where were supposed to be, Director Black. It looks like the entire area of the graveyard is covered with ward stones and they have erected heavy duty wards around the area. They were more than prepared for it, ma'am. We will need specialised curse-breakers for us to enter."

"Damn it!" said Sirius.

"Robert" said Amelia. "Go to the Ministry and find every curse breaker there and bring them here NOW! In the meantime, let's see how much we can disable on our own."

HP*LIGHTNING LORD*HP

Voldemort breathed deeply as he admired his new body. He saw Wormtail on the ground, clutching his hand. He opened his palm and his wand came soaring into his hand. He caressed his wand, happy to be reunited with it after such a long period of separation. He pointed his wand at Peter who lifted off the ground and hit the gravestone behind.

The Death Eaters came forward, kissing the hem of Voldemort's robes. They stood back in a circle, and Voldemort went forward.

"Show me your arm, Lucius" he said lazily.

Lucius Malfoy came forward and showed his left forearm. A vivid red tattoo of the dark mark was present. Voldemort pressed the mark and it suddenly turned black.

"Now" he said, "Let us all reunite once more."

There were sounds of Apparition, and about half a dozen women appeared, along with a few old men. They all took their place in the circle.

"How nice it is for me to welcome you all, Death Eaters" said Voldemort silkily. "After thirteen years, I can finally address you properly. I wonder why you band of witches and wizards never tried to find me all these years. Many of you came to me, but only when you realised that your power base had dwindled and you were wanted members by the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Anything you would like to say?"

Voldemort punished some of his servants, when finally, Harry stirred. He opened his eyes to find himself tied. He could see his wand was located nearby. His eyes went wide when he saw that Voldemort had indeed risen again. He had to act quickly.

The people at Hogwarts watched as Voldemort named every one of his Death Eaters. Many glared at Fudge when he said that it was impossible for them to be Death Eaters, as they were purebloods of high standing.

"Narcissa" said Voldemort silkily. "Do not worry. You will have your sister back with you soon enough. I won't let Bellatrix suffer in Azkaban anymore."

"Thank you, my Lord" muttered Narcissa, bowing.

Draco Malfoy went pale as he saw both his parents on the mirror. The people around were all looking at him. Suddenly someone screamed "Look!"

Everyone heard an eagle's shriek. They saw a golden eagle fly into the air and dive. To everyone's immense shock, the eagle changed into Hadrian Potter, who stood several feet away from Voldemort, as he summoned his wand to his hand.

Harry immediately slashed his wand in the air and a dark cutting curse flew towards Voldemort who dodged, but a Death Eater behind wasn't so lucky. Harry's curse impacted him, cutting his body in half. Another rapidly approaching curse, an organ-liquefying curse also impacted another Death Eater.

"Hadrian Potter" breathed Voldemort, ignoring the Death Eater screaming in agony as his organs burned due to the dark curse. "Well, well, looks like someone knows how to play dirty. Don't you think Albus Dumbledore would be disappointed in you for using such curses? Tsk, tsk. My congratulations on achieving the animagus transformation so young; it's a pleasure to finally meet you" he said in a mocking voice.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Tom Riddle" said Harry with a smirk. "I've waited a long time for this moment. How have you been? Thirteen years of isolation didn't make you more insane than before I hope?" he asked in mock concern, as he easily dodged a curse fired by a Death Eater.

"He's mine to deal with" hissed Voldemort as he fired a Cruciatus Curse at Amycus Carrow, making the man scream in pain. "Don't you dare call me that, boy! You are nothing but a child. I am Lord Voldemort, the Heir of Salazar Slytherin, the greatest wizard of them all!"

Harry fired several curses and so did Voldemort. The Death Eaters spread out, and created a wide circle, giving them space, as Harry and Voldemort circled each other.

"After all this time, you're still the same insecure sixteen-year-old boy with daddy issues, aren't you, Tom?" taunted Harry as he dodged a killing curse. "I was disappointed with your sixteen-year-old self that came out of your diary, and I'm disappointed in you as well."

Just then, Harry flicked his wand at Voldemort. The power of the spell which emanated from his wand made the Death Eaters push back further. Voldemort fired a killing curse and the two curses met. Blue and green beams of light met each other in mid-air, trying to overpower the other.

But Voldemort ended it and stopped firing, and so did Harry. They did have a lot to talk about after all.

"What diary?" he hissed.

"Oh didn't dear Lucius tell you?" smirked Harry. "Your precious diary that would open the Chamber of Secrets was destroyed when I stabbed it with a basilisk fang. Lucius decided to use it to purge the school of muggleborns but sadly, it didn't work. I was sure that you would be angry about that fact. After all, it did give me a chance to meet you two years ago. You were most unimpressive, Tommy boy. I was utterly disappointed."

"Lucius, is what Potter saying true?" hissed Voldemort. When Malfoy didn't reply, he pointed his wand and said "Crucio!"

"You and your family have been a thorn in my side for too long, Potter" said Voldemort quietly, ignoring a twitching Lucius and the still form of Pettigrew who seemed to have died from pain and blood loss. "My Death Eaters informed me about your mother being a parselmouth and that she created a ritual to save your life; most astounding and impressive. But you have managed to impress me as well, Hadrian Potter. It is only logical that only someone extraordinary could be the person who was destined to defeat me. Unfortunately, that won't happen. You're going to die tonight Potter. And the Potter and Gryffindor families are going to end with you, finally, by my hand, Lord Voldemort, the heir of Salazar Slytherin! Very fitting, don't you think?"

"What makes you think you're the heir of the founder Salazar Slytherin?" asked Harry, as they circled each other. He sent a mental message to Aquila to be ready at any second. There were more than twenty Death Eaters here, and he needed the help of the thunderbird.

"How dare you question my ancestry Potter? I am -" snarled Voldemort but was interrupted by Harry.

"-the son of a muggle and a squib, I know" said Harry, dodging a Killing Curse. "But wait! I have more. You are the heir of Salazar Slytherin" he said, earning a smirk from Voldemort's lipless mouth. "But you're the heir of the founder's adopted son, Salazar Slytherin Junior, who married into the Gaunt family. You don't have a drop of blood of the founder Salazar Slytherin in your body. And guess who really does have it?" he asked, showing the Gryffindor and Slytherin rings on his left hand.

"I'm the true, blood descendant of the founder Salazar Slytherin. I'm the heir of the kind and honourable man who was murdered while he tried to stop his adopted son from committing genocide by murdering witches, wizards and muggles alike. I'm Lord Potter-Gryffindor-Slytherin!" declared Harry.

"You murdered my mother, who was the daughter of the Slytherin family, claiming her title to be yours" said Harry quietly, lightning bolts appearing around his body as his anger increased. "I'm going to kill you, Riddle. Tonight, I'm going to avenge the deaths of my parents and grandparents, along with every life you have ever taken. Come on, Riddle, let's end this once and for all!" said Harry.

That was the trigger. Voldemort snarled and fired a multitude of curses at Harry, who dodged them all and fired his own curses at the older man. Suddenly, there was a loud rumble of thunder and lightning flashed. Aquila appeared in the air and threw several bolts of lightning at the Death Eaters below. The Death Eaters were too shocked to react and many of them were incinerated within seconds of the lightning impacting their body. The others realised that the bird was a threat and fired spells at it, but Aquila dodged them all. The thunderbird flung bolt after bolt of lightning, as a storm was formed in the sky above, shielding him from the Death Eaters, but they were trapped due to the lethal bolts of lightning that came from the other side, courtesy of Harry's offhand.

Vodemort and Harry were locked in a heated duel of their own. Harry fired curses at his opponent, but Voldemort dodged them all easily.

"Why don't you give up, Hadrian?" taunted Voldemort. "You're no match for my power."

"I beg to differ" grunted Harry as he pointed his wand at the various gargoyles in the graveyard.

"Piertotum Locomotor" cast Harry mentally.

The various stone gargoyles leaped from their places and attacked Vodemort who blasted them apart, although this provided a distraction for Harry who used it to his advantage. He fired curses at Voldemort, drawing out first blood.

The gashes on Voldemort's body started healing at a fast rate, and he snarled as he fired another killing curse at Harry, who simply dodged it. That's when Vodemort created a huge basilisk out of fiendfyre. The creature was fifty feet long, and it bared its fangs, threateningly.

Voldemort laughed as he fired several cutting curses, some of which impacted Harry, drawing out blood, though not as much as Voldemort expected. Though to his shock, Harry started healing automatically too.

"I can see that you used rituals to enhance your body as well, Potter" yelled Voldemort. "But you don't heal as fast as I do. You used the pathetic, weak versions! There is no hope for you, Potter! Give up while you can."

But Harry didn't respond. He was busy with the Fiendfyre basilisk. He went behind a gravestone and flicked his wand back to his holster.

"Come out, come out, little Hadrian!" taunted Voldemort as the fire basilisk stood next to him, emitting intense heat. The heat was destroying the graveyard and the surrounding village as well. "Come out, come out and play! Are we playing hide and seek? That's what children like you do, right? Or do you want to quit? I promise your death will be quick if you surrender."

Harry instead concentrated. The air thickened with magic, and suddenly the storm became worse. Heavy rain pelted on them as lightning flashed more brightly than what was normal.

Harry pushed himself from behind a bolder and screamed as a lightning bolt impacted him from the sky and several powerful bolts of lightning sprang from his fingertips of both hands. Within seconds, there was a massive thunderbird in front of the basilisk, made of magical lightning, which stood nearly a hundred feet in height, towering over the fiendfyre basilisk.

"What magic is this?" shouted Voldemort. Suddenly, he was afraid. No one other than Dumbledore had been able to fight him for so long and still survive, and Potter had suffered only minimal injuries until now.

The rain pelted harder. On one hand were Death Eaters being burned to a crisp by Aquila; on another hand was the fiendfyre basilisk fighting the larger thunderbird made of lightning; and next to them were Harry and Voldemort fighting furiously, their wands only a blur as flashes of light impacted the ground between them.

The fight continued for several minutes, and both Voldemort and Harry were feeling the strain as they were both injured as well. Harry, while quite powerful still lacked experience compared to the older man, while Voldemort had grown weak due to the destruction of his Horcruxes, not to mention was still not used to his new body. Light, grey and dark curses were thrown around by both wizards. Some like Dumbledore would argue that the curses Harry used were dark, but he would beg to differ. Magic was all about intent and some of the curses while highly lethal, lacked the malice required for true Dark Magic. Some of the curses used by Voldemort, on the other hand, required intense negative emotion to power them, which were the true forms of Dark Magic.

But Harry's inexperience was his undoing. Voldemort sent several killing curses at the same time in different directions. Harry conjured marble to block the one directly headed his way while he dodged the rest, but Voldemort sent a powerful blasting curse directly at the conjured stone. With a yelp, Harry flew back and painfully hit a gravestone. He spat blood as he took another dark cutting curse, though was able to dodge the killing curse.

With a snarl, Harry twirled his wand, as his spells grew even more powerful. They duelled furiously, using everything in their surroundings to give them the upper hand, as Harry switched tactics, using a wide range of Transfiguration and Charms to fight. The gravestones were used to block and banish the remains to the other while transfiguring the debris into sharp metallic weapons. The mud on the ground was used to hinder Voldemort's grip, making his feet unsteady on the ground while Harry had to deal with several dead corpses which were headed his way. Tigers, snakes, wolves and any other creature that could be lethal were conjured and used for the fight, while a ring of fire or a dome of water dominated the landscape. It was Transfiguration at its best, with the best of Charms added to it. Jets of multicoloured light flew from both wands as the wizards switched back to firing powerful curses at each other which made both Harry and Voldemort dodge them, though were both injured. Harry has a large gash on the side of his face, along with many others on his body. He was eternally glad that he had commissioned for the basilisk hide armour as the cutting curses were sure to have finished him off without them. The healing ritual too was working overtime, though not fast enough as Harry's injuries were extensive. He hissed as another dark cutting curse impacted his left thigh, making it difficult to move. But it seemed that Harry was holding his own, as Voldemort was finding it hard to defeat him.

The Death Eaters present had all been killed now. All of them were burnt to a crisp, their bodies charred, thanks to Harry and Aquila's magical lightning. The fiendyre basilisk had been overpowered by the massive lighting made thunderbird and both of them had disappeared. It was now only Harry and Voldemort, duelling with each other furiously, each not willing to budge an inch and accept defeat. They couldn't sense the wards around the graveyard being taken down one by one by the curse breakers.

Magical fights usually were quite short as the spells used were quick and efficient, but this was different. They had been duelling for half an hour now and it was definitely a duel for the history books, outstripping the duel between Gellert Grindelwald and Albus Dumbledore in 1945.

Finally, Voldemort had enough and fired a killing curse again, just as Harry fired another high-powered lethal curse he had found in the Potter grimoire. Green and red spells met each other in mid-air again, but this time, Voldemort was determined to beat Harry. Blasts from the point where the spells met flew in all directions, destroying what was remaining of the graveyard around them. Harry snarled and pushed more magic into it. Finally, he decided to go for it as the element of surprise would finally work in his favour.

Voldemort gritted his teeth as he concentrated on the killing curse, wanting to end Potter's miserable life as soon as possible. Suddenly, he found bolts of lightning coming towards him. His eyes widened, but before he could end the killing curse to create a shield or even attempt to dodge, the lightning impacted him, making him drop his wand, as he fell to the ground screaming.

Harry flicked his wand in an upward gesture and the killing curse missed him. He limped forward, his right hand gripping his wand while lightning sprang from the fingertips of his left.

He used the lightning to torture Voldemort and weaken him for a minute. Once done, he stopped and ensured that Voldemort couldn't escape. Harry looked into Voldemort's furious eyes and said -

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches . . . born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies . . . and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have the power the Dark Lord knows not . . . and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives . . .The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies . . ."

"I'm not willing to give up my life so that a psychopath like you can destroy the world" said Harry quietly. "After tonight, there will be no more Tom Marvolo Riddle; no more Lord Voldemort." With that, Harry pointed his wand at Voldemort who started laughing.

"You think you can kill me, Hadrian Potter?" laughed Voldemort. "I am immortal! I am the greatest wizard of them all! I will find you and kill you, Potter, along with that Greengrass bitch of yours, yes, I know of her too and once I'm done with you, I will ensure that the Greengrasses and Blacks are extinct!"

"See?" shouted Harry, finally losing his temper and firing another burst of lightning at Voldemort. "This is the reason why I called you a psychopath. You don't care about the magical world at all, do you Riddle? You only want to be the overlord! What is the point of trying to rule over a society when there are no people left?"

"You kill purebloods who stand in your way" snarled Harry, as he tortured Voldemort with more bursts of lightning. "You don't care about half-bloods and muggleborns and so you kill them for no reason. You kill magical creatures because you see them as beneath you! Why do you even want to do it? They're all magical, can't you see that?" shouted Harry.

"Look around you, Riddle! Look around! What do you see? Only destruction! This would be the state of the magical world had you gained power! What is the point? Do you want to rule over dirt? Then why don't you fucking leave the planet and go rule on Mars? There is plenty of dirt over there for you to boss over! Why the fuck did you kidnap me? Didn't you learn your lesson? DON'T FUCKING MESS WITH THE POTTER FAMILY! Is that so difficult for you to understand?" yelled Harry, firing more bursts of lightning from his fingertips.

"You're a moron, Riddle!" said Harry. "Prophecies don't always get fulfilled. Don't you get it? By attacking me, you created a self-fulfilling prophecy! Dumbledore set a trap for you! He did all that to get my family killed! Did you think you were the only old man interested in me? Did you think Dumbledore was stupid enough to not know that Peter Pettigrew was the spy? Use your brains! He's a master at Legilimency! How could he not know? He purposely set me up to die and for you to be weakened!"

"And YOU!" said Harry, firing another bolt of lightning, making Voldemort scream in agony. "Your precious ancestor Salazar Jr killed my ancestor Salazar Slytherin. Do you want more proof that I'm the Lord of the Slytherin family? Look at my eyes, Riddle. My eyes are emerald green, the trademark of the Slytherin family. I'm the descendant of Salazar's only biological daughter, Amarantha Evangeline. The family had maintained their name for a thousand years, and Lily Evans was born a witch to a family that had tragically lost its magic in an accident. Your ancestor murdered his adopted father! The entire world thinks that Salazar Slytherin was evil, while the man was the kindest person one could hope to meet! Your ancestor corrupted the name of his adopted father, and this is the result! And you killed my mother, and shed the blood of the Slytherin family again, just like your ancestor. HOW DARE YOU?"

"As for you being immortal" said Harry, with an evil grin on his face. "Don't worry. I've been working right under your non-existent and Dumbledore's crooked noses and destroyed all your trinkets. The Head of the DMLE, Amelia Black knows about his as well. You thought you were the only one to know about their existence, didn't you? I wasn't the only one to try to bring you down. Remember Regulus Black? The teenager who was forced to become a Death Eater? He was barely eighteen when he sacrificed his life to bring you down! The diary given to Lucius Malfoy; the ring buried in the Gaunt shack over a mile away from here; Hufflepuff's cup which was in Bellatrix's vault; Ravenclaw's diadem which was at Hogwarts; and Slytherin's locket which was in the cave – I've destroyed them all! You're fucking mortal now Riddle!" shouted Harry, as Voldemort's eyes bulged in shock.

Harry flicked his wand to his holster. He extended his palm; a golden light surrounded his hand and the sword of Godric Gryffindor appeared in his hand. He gripped it tightly.

"I'm not going to let you destroy my life" whispered Harry, his eyes blazing with fury. "I'm not going to let you destroy the magical world which I case so much about. GO TO HELL!" shouted Harry as he slashed the sword, splitting Voldemort's neck as Harry beheaded him. Voldemort's head rolled over, away from his body. With another slash of the sword, Voldemort's wand was destroyed as well.

Tom Marvolo Riddle was dead.

Harry stood shaking, as he looked at Voldemort's corpse. The sword of Gryffindor disappeared again in a flash of golden light. Tears blurred his vision as his knees hit the ground.

Light rain was falling on his face now, as Aquila smoothly landed next to him.

"You did it Harry!" said Aquila. "I'm so proud of you!"

Harry looked at his oldest friend and brother. He grabbed the giant thunderbird and sobbed his heart out. Aquila covered Harry with his wings and provided as much comfort as he could to his human brother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161 4 8
The walls bear witness to her resilience and determination. This is where you know, the loyal one Can be the Unloyal. were also brave can be the most...
1.5K 19 17
basicaly the title this will be the harry potter boys x reader (Y/n) requests are open! you can dm me or reach me on my tumbr: ahsokajedipadawan15 w...
373K 12.7K 33
After being saved from the Dursley's as a toddler, Harry James Potter was taken in by a new family. A family he truly deserved. He was finally able t...
1K 6 22
REWRITTEN! Harry Potter lost his twin sister last year, he now has no idea what to do. Problems happen in the muggle world, and in the wizarding worl...