reminisce

By fairygurrlll

best friendz w/ christian aspects ゚+..。*゚+ More

characters list
dtb interlude
same ol mistakes
throw it in the bag
mad riches
let me in
burn one(interlude)
vibrations(divine signature)
ghost town
brain
angel
nothing can come between us
fucking young/perfect
i'm not ready
palace/curse
jukai
cece's interlude
charleville 9200 pt.II
lets talk about it
too soon?
i. flight of the navigator
church
time
girl
no greater love
grown
bound

teach me

413 26 4
By fairygurrlll

I just want to be wherever you are
I just want to know you're there
I just want to see whatever you see
Cause I know you're not too shy to share

៚ • twenty five
៚ • bronx, ny
៚ • 4pm
៚ • samaria bryant

"SAMARIAAAA!!!"

"JALIYAAA!!!" I exclaimed as we hugged.

"I feel like it's been forever." She said as we rocked back and forth.

"It doessss." I replied, before pulling back.

"Bryson why you been keeping my friend hostage?" Jaliya asked Bryson who was standing behind me.

"Whatchu mean? She be with you every day of the week, during and after school."

"Okay but likeee when you be there at lunch ya be whispering and shit."

"We don't whisper." I replied.

"Yes, you guys be in your own little world talking low. And that's taking away from me and Samaria time."

"You'll be aii," he replied before heading upstairs with the food.

"Sooooo..." she said once he was gone.

"Sooooo what?"

"I know y'all resolved everything in Jamaica and that you're closer now. But you haven't given me any details on like if you guys admitted your feelings, or kissed foreal or dating."

"All you need to know is that we're closer now."

"Come on Samaria."

"There's nothing else to say."

"But I want detailssss."

"Bryson and I agreed that most of what happens between us is gonna be kept private between us. I've also been enjoying not having people in my business. You know I love you Jaliya; but having something private where no one is in your business is nice."

"I mean, you and Bryson's business is between you both. But I just feel a little toooo out of the loop."

"Everyone is out the loop except for our very close family. So don't think you're just the odd one out."

"Ughh I just wanna know what's going on."

"You just wanna be in people business."

"Correction, your business."

"And I already told you enough." I said squeezing her cheek.

"Ughhhh you boringgg, but I respect it. Anyways, let's go upstairs to Jalani and them." She held my hand before pulling me upstairs.

When we walked into her movie room, all the boys were arguing over something regarding basketball teams.

I was oblivious to what they were saying.

While I know all the working of basketball due to being at Bryson's games since we were younger, all the basketball teams and their success was a different story.

"Hello let's pack it up, I'm tryna turn on this movie." Jaliya clapped to get their attention and they turned to us.

"Yo we got bigger things to worry about." Jalani replied before they went back to arguing.

"Did I just get disrespected in my own home?!?!" Jaliya stood dumbfounded by the whole situation.

I rolled my eyes before Jaliya and I walked out the movie room and into her room.

"They arguing and wasting time when the whole point of this is for us to hang out. Like pack it up!" Jaliya exclaimed lying on her bed.

"Literallyyyy, I wanted to sit around and watch hereditary. But nooo, they wanna stand in the middle of the room arguing while our food is getting cold. I hate it here."

"Men always ruin stuff."

"Always." Then we put on some Bryson Tiller as we scrolled through Pinterest together.

It was mad chill until there was knocking on her door. We kept ignoring it until it got louder.

"What?!?!" Jaliya finally replied and the door opened revealing all the boys.

"Why yall in here?" Westin asked, crossing his arms.

"Didn't y'all wanna go argue about sports and shit? Why do y'all think we're in here?"

"Ya dragging ittt, we can go and watch the movie now." Bryson added.

"Y'all go and do your sports, bring us our food." I replied.

"Nahhh," Bryson replied before picking me up and draping me over his shoulder.

"This isn't fair!" I exclaimed trying to get out of his grip.

Then I heard Jaliya going back and forth with Westin.

Once we reached the room I was put onto the couch. Then Jaliya came in over Westin's shoulder and was put on the couch too.

We sat with matching mugs as the boys put on the movie Hereditary and made plates.

"Damn ya don't wanna smile?" Jalani asked.

"Ya was arguing over sports and ignored us. We went to my room to enjoy ourselves and then we were carried back here." Jaliya answered.

"And we sincerely apologize." Bryson said, looking over to me.

"Yeah, yeah," I replied grabbing a piece of chicken from off our plate.

"You'll be aii." He said placing his arm around me.

I was really trying to hold my mug but I couldn't keep my attitude when he was moving his hand over my side.

"That's better," I heard him mumble after a while.

"Hmmm," I heard Jaliya say as she looked over to us. She wanna be in my business so bad.

"Yo bro her head?!?!" Bryson yelled as the little girl got her head smacked off by a pole.

"The brother gotta go to jail right?" Jalani asked.

"But he's not responsible for that, she stuck her head out the window like a dummy." Jaliya replied.

"Yo but still that's crazy." Westin added.

I'm not going to lie, this movie is mad freaky but interesting. A psychological thriller is always my go-to if I'm not watching an older black romance movie.

"Bryson." I whispered.

"Hmm?"

"Can we find Jalani a girlfriend so he doesn't have to be a fifth wheel? I feel really bad that you're so close to me and it's not like how our older movie nights were."  I said and Bryson lightly laughed.

"I think he'd appreciate your kindness, but Jalani's chilling by himself for right now. And unless he tells us he feels awkward leave it alone bunny."

"But-"

"You can't fix everything."

"I don't want him to feel lonely because you spend more time with me now."

"I still spend time with him. If he really feels abandoned he would let me know." Bryson replied and I nodded for standing up. He looked at me confused as I moved to sit next to Jalani.

"My friend, how would you like me to find you a girlfriend?" I asked and he lightly laughed putting his head in his hands.

"Whatttt, I'm being serious."

"I'm cool on relationships don't worry bout me. Supporting Bryson while he was crashing out over you made me remember that everything ain't gone be butterflies and roses. And I don't have the mental fortitude for that."

"Not too much Jalani but I understand. I just feel bad because you're kind of sitting alone and I don't want you to be sitting alone."

"I appreciate your concern but I'm fine Samaria, I don't feel alone. I'm enjoying watching my movie with my friends and it's not like nobody is talking to me. Don't stress it aii?" He finished and I nodded before he pulled me into a tight ass hug.

Then I walked back over to Bryson who motioned for me to lay on him. So I laid down with my head in his lap.

"What he said?"

"Not to stress about it." I replied as he started caressing my face.

"Then don't stress."

"Ya just being sneaky and withholding information," I heard Jaliya say but I was too relaxed to reply back. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Bryson stick a middle finger up at her and I lightly laughed.

【☆】★【☆】★【☆】★【☆】
jaliya's estate | 7pm
bryson's world

"Nah that movie was fire." Westin said as we all cleaned up.

"The way that lady made her believe this was a way to connect with her dead daughter but it was really just a way to get her to do what her mother was doing like that was wild." Samaria replied.

"Nah I can't fuck with no seances and ouija boards and allat. I'm not boutta have demons running round my house like no way bro." I said while making up my face and Samaria laughed.

"We're too black to be doing that." Jaliya added.

"White people just be doing anything I'm convinced." Jalani shook his head.

"I'm so sad we ain't get to watch more movies but I got more work to do." Jaliya poked out her bottom lip.

"We all got work to do but ima miss you my wife." Samaria said, hugging her.

"Like I'm not gonna see you for 14 hours ima start hyperventilating bro."

"Ima start tweaking out."

"Ima start ripping out my hair."

"Ima crash out like Tyler." She replied and Jaliya started dying.

(A/N: I hope ya get the Tyler reference from waves😭)

"Nah Tyler fumbled everything. Sitting up in jail cuz we wanna kill the babymomma and the baby." I said, shaking my head.

"Double homicide like damn." Westin added while setting the now folded blanket on the couch.

After a lot more debriefing about Hereditary and waves we finally finished talking and left Jaliya's house.

Samaria sat in the front seat of my car and Westin and Jalani got situated in the back. Once I dropped them off it was just me and Samaria.

Only heaven knows
If you can truly win in the midst of a world that's gon' end
How am I up right now? I'm not, I'm still down
Niggas dying everyday, but what can I say?
They just want me to sing
It's like everyone wants you to think how they think
And do what they say and stay out the way
And if you don't wanna they got a problem with you

"What time you gotta be home?" I asked and she turned her head from the window to look at me.

"9, why?"

"You wanna go on a drive and get donuts?"

"I'm down for anything with you," she smiled and I smiled in return.

Every errand is better with her.

I continued driving on to a far donut shop that would still let us get home by 9.

My ultimate plan was to use this little car hangout to ask her on a date. A real official date that I planned to a T.

I think she'll say yes. I mean, I know she will say yes.

But I'm still nervous to ask her, which has been a new feeling for me.

Before I was never nervous about saying things to her or acting on things. But now, being around her makes me nervous but in a good way.

Like we're really in love and I still feel excited to be around her. And I know we both feel the same way but I'm still nervous for her answer even though I know she'll say yes.

I can't quite explain the feeling.

"Bryson?" She asked, and I stopped zoning out.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay? You seem nervous about something. Did you get in trouble, something happen with basketball?"

"No I'm fine, I promise."

"We haven't kissed in many, many hours." She noted.

"Is that your way of asking for a kiss?" I smirked.

"Maybeeee," she said, tilting her head at me.

Like she knew it, the light turned orange just as I was getting closer and then hit red once I made it to the crosswalk.

"You're lucky," I said turning my head to her and moving closer.

"I know," she replied, holding my chin and pressing her lips to mine.

The instance we started kissing the fear I had began to subside.

She wouldn't be kissing me like this and say no to a real date.

So I let my thoughts go and focused on how perfect it felt to kiss her time and time again.

I was so into it I forgot I was driving and was alarmed by the beeping car behind me.

"Fuck," I replied moving my head from hers and instantly driving on to our destination.

"You're a distraction." I joked to her as I held her hand.

"I'm your best distraction."

★・・・・・・★
bryson's car | 8pm

"I haven't had a donut in dumb long." Samaria said taking a bite from her glazed donut.

"Word," I replied taking a bite of mine.

"What are you gonna do after basketball season?"

"I don't know cuz AAU is gonna be starting after. It really depends."

"You gonna be booked and busy Bryson. I don't want you to be stressed."

"I got school, basketball, children's ministry, and gotta balance myself. But I got it."

"Well you know, if you ever need help with anything or just want to relax, I'm always here you know."

"I'll be sure to ask you when the time comes bunny."

"How did you come up with that nickname for me Bryson?"

"It was in like the 7th grade and we went to the zoo together on a class trip. We went to the bunny exhibit and we sat down next to each other and we held one of the bunnies together. It was just a cute memory because you loved the bunnies so much. So I started calling you that."

"You never told me that before. When I asked the first time you just shrugged."

"Yeah because you didn't need to know that yet." I replied and she rolled her eyes.

"Bryson I've come to a conclusion."

"What's your conclusion?"

"I'm gonna stop cursing."

"You? You're gonna try to stop cursing? Same girl who cusses me out almost every morning cuz she's mad over something I'm not responsible for? We talking about the same Samaria?" I asked and she lightly hit my shoulder.

"I'm serioussss. I will be making an attempt."

"Well first you gotta work on your attitude. Once you do better in that vicinity then cursing will be easy."

"I promise it's not just me, people deliberately try me. Case in point, you Bryson."

"Me?" I replied, appalled.

"Yes you. I be enjoying life and then you go and try to be funny. Like when we went to your house after church and you pretended that I hurt you real bad. You pissed me off."

"I only make you really mad like once a week. You'll be aii."

"It's always you'll be aii. Now what if I start acting like my mom?" She said and I side-eyed her.

"You start acting like Renai, it's gone be the last time you see me Samaria." I replied and she lightly laughed.

"But anyways I do know that I have an attitude problem and my environment definitely doesn't minimize it. But I'm still gonna work on it because I be pressed a little too much and sometimes I don't even mention what's bothering me."

"I'll try not to make you mad so you can work on it. I might even try not to curse with you. We'll see."

"Thank you, because sometimes you be throwing me off."

"Throw you off enough for you to not wanna go on a date with me?" I asked and she almost choked in her donut.

"What?" She said setting the piece down.

"Do I throw you off enough for you to say no to a date with me?" I repeated and she still looked stunned. Her response surged my nerves.

People always say the worst somebody could say is no but I think this is much worse. The silence of waiting is even worse because you don't even know what the other person is thinking.

"Samaria, I would like to take you on a real date. Do you want to go with me? It's okay if you don't want to go because you think it's too early. Or I waited too long. Or if you just don't wanna go. It's okay because-"

"Bryson, my baby, relax and stop rambling." She said holding my face with both of her hands.

Bryson, my baby

"I was just caught off guard by how you slid that question into our conversation. I was a little stunned by you asking me is all." She said and I nodded.

"Yes, I'll go on a date with you Bryson. I'll go anytime, anywhere, just tell me the day. I think you waited just the right amount of time to ask me."

"Okay." I replied finally relaxing at her confirmation.

"Okay then breathe in and breathe out. I'm sorry for-"

"You don't have anything to be sorry for. I was just anxious, but I'm fine now...because you said yes."

"Of course I said yes, why would I not?" She asked before letting go of my face, and picking back up her donut.

"I don't know. Maybe that nigga Darius asked you out." I said smirking and she neared her eyes at me.

"This is the type of shit I'm talking about Bryson! You think you're so hilarious bringing up Darius like okay he came to oneeeee game and we was chatting." She said and I started laughing.

"That was a test to see if you could get mad without cursing. You failed tremendously and have mad work to do."

"See sometimes I feel bad for cursing or yelling at you because you're my favorite person Bryson. But then I remember how much you like to try me and those thoughts go out the window." She said crossing her arms at me.

"Awwww, I'm your favorite person?"

"That's the only part of what I said that you focused on?" She asked and I nodded before moving the donut box to the backseat so we could start on our way home.

"I don't want you to go inside," I said as we walked to her front door.

"Me either, I wanna hang out longer." She replied putting her arms around me.

"That Darius line was my last hurrah. I ain't gonna play like that no more because you wanna change ya ways. Plus I don't care to talk about him or any other boy for that matter." I said, wrapping my arms around her.

"We can pretend that our exes and old crushes don't exist."

"That's not a bad idea." I smiled. "You ready for our date next week?"

"Of course, I am. But I'm also a little nervous because I'm still getting used to our dynamic now. But it's just you Bryson, so I know I'll be fine."

"You'll have fun, I promise."

"I trust you on your promise." She replied before I leaned down to kiss her for what would unfortunately be the last time tonight.

Just as we pulled apart her phone rang. She held it up and turned it to me, rolling her eyes. It was her mom.

"Yes mom?" She says putting the call on speaker.

"It's 8:55, you're cutting it close. You need to be in the house by 9 or you're not going out next weekend."

"Mom we're on the front porch and Bryson and I are going out next Saturday."

"Get in the house now or you will not be going out with Bryson. You wanna be out all hours of the night you can find a new place to live." Renai replied and Samaria frowned.

"Okay mom bye." She said before ending it.

"Don't dwell on her Samaria. I love you, I'll call you after I shower okay?" She was hesitant but nodded and stifled a small smile.

"I won't be mad while I'm with you right now. When I get inside that's another story. But, I love you Bryson, goodnight." She gave me one last kiss before heading inside.

I waited for some reason on her doorstep and let out a sigh. Then I turned around and walked the short distance to my house.

I should be smiling after our time spent together.

But all I could think about was what Samaria had to endure with her parents everyday. What Samaria just went through that was unnecessary.

Renai spoke as if I had Samaria all the way in Queens when we were only standing at the front door talking. Today is probably one of her bad days.

It's just disheartening to know that I can't be there all the time to comfort Samaria. That I can't always be there on the nights when they argued.

I know Samaria has the power to overcome all the issues she faces. She's always been good at holding strong for herself and she's become better at addressing her parents.

But that doesn't mean she should always have to go through these events alone. That's why I appreciate our relationship even more now.

When she can let her guard down more and confide in me. When she doesn't make her face up at every sign of affection but embraces it.

When I can look at her and see her not dwelling on her home. Be present. How she looked before she stepped into the house.

"I need this week to go by fast..." I grumbled as I fumbled with my keys in the door.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

you've made it to the end of the twenty fifth chapter!

just a cute lil friends hangoutttt

vote and comment, God bless

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 204 10
𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪
4.2K 85 18
- bestfriend . you just have to read to find out 🥰
1.1K 409 8
ʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴘᴏꜱᴇꜱ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ ꜱʜᴇ ꜱᴍᴀᴄᴋꜱ ʜɪᴍ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴏɴ ʜɪꜱ ᴄʜᴇᴇᴋ. ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱ ᴅᴇꜱᴛɪɴʏ ʜᴏʟᴅꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇᴍ? ɴᴏᴛᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴏᴛ ɪᴅᴇᴀꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ. ••ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ...
693 34 5
just a book to put all my old imagines and any new ones that i make! i hope u enjoy reading ࿐ ࿔*:・゚