Sunburst, Original

By scarvain

Two opposite halves make a whole. SCARVAIN ‎‎© 2024 More

Kill You To Try / Graphics
Life Of The Party

How Bad Can It Be?

156 14 58
By scarvain

You're a cowboy like me, perched in the the dark. Telling all the rich folks anything they wanna hear like it could be love.

━━━━━ Cowboy Like Me , Taylor Swift

New York has been described as the busiest place on the planet by multiple people, even considering it was the dirtiest. There would be rats crawling around the streets, people pushing and running past everyone else just to get to work, and worst of all; everything is overpriced.

But to Mahalia Reid, New York was her home. She'd lived in New York for 4 years after she was born but her family went to live in Tennessee to be closer to their immediate family. From the moment she stepped foot in the muddy grass, she knew the farm life wasn't for her. So she worked her way up and left her family to pursue her music career in New York.

It wasn't a while before her name and reputation were dragged down by the media when old photos and videos of her were leaked. Her team said to deny everything and keep quiet once asked about it but she went the other route, wanting to defend herself but made the mess bigger.

The commotion she caused made her team hopeless then an idea popped into their minds. They thought it would be best if she went home to her family and stayed away from the public for a while.

With her Miu Miu shoes and Louis Vuitton bag, she went home to Nashville, Tennessee. Walking through the calm streets of her hometown, her parents were excited to introduce her to everyone and show her around. For Christ's sake, their daughter is a pop star! They were proud of everything she'd created and one of the things they were also proud of was the business they made and owned.

What came as a shock to Mahalia was it was a farm where she had to work and help. There were crops and animals in the lot beside their house. It was full of mud. However, all the thoughts were washed away when she saw how happy her parents were.

In the midst of working on the farm, she bumps into Nicholas Bailey whose father also owned the farm and held the weekly farmer's market. Most of their interactions were unpleasant as he was convinced she was just another one of those spoiled and pampered celebrities who was expecting special treatment.

Despite their animosity towards each other, Mahalia was determined to prove herself. She saw this visit to Tennessee as an opportunity to break free from the façade she held up around the industry. She was more than just a pretty face adored by fans; she was a hardworking individual with a passion for music and a drive to succeed on her own terms.

As Mahalia dove into the demanding tasks of farm life, she was determined to earn Nicholas's respect and prove him wrong. Little did she know, their dynamic would lead to unexpected revelations and a newfound appreciation for each other.

OLIVIA RODRIGO ✶ MAHALIA REID
( Twenty-One.   Virgo.   Jose Cuervo.
Glitter.   Friday Nights.   Pop-Rock. )

JACK CHAMPION ✶ NICHOLAS BAILEY
( Twenty-One.   Gemini.  Strawberries.
Cows. Early Farm Mornings.   Blues. )

Mark Ruffalo, Alec Reid
Vanessa Hudgens, Christina Reid
Beatrice Laus, Shiloh De Vera
Liza Soberano, Franchezka Mallari
Louis Partridge, Gio Maximo
Rudy Pankow, Jacob Everett
Kaia Gerber, Diana Tucker
Evan Peters, Michael Bailey
Anne Hathaway, Gianna Bailey
Conan Gray, Eli Tanaka
Lola Tung, Marina Clark
Others as themselves or described

Author's Note
I am so so sooooo excited for everyone to read this book! The plot has me tweaking and I'm so happy I get to write and show this to everyone now!!

Also! Some of the characters' dialogues will be in Tagalog as I'm making Mahalia half-Filipino in this like Olivia Rodrigo! There will be translations provided either after the sentence which will be italicized or at the author's note at the end of each chapter.

I am also not from America and some of the places might be inaccurate so if I don't write the things correctly, I apologize!

Dedications
lonelyluvr divinekill girlplights kissleclerc girlheadrot and to anyone who'll be reading, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing! Love u all <3

Warnings 
There will be mentions of drinking, swearing, cheating, smoking, sexual themes and more.

‎‎© SCARVAIN 2024

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 2.6K 54
We can describe Ameerah's love story as a destiny...........
3.3M 266K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
27.1K 594 16
Gandalf the Grey, you know a lot about him, right? Well, what he has kept secret from you is that he had a daughter, and this is her diary, from the...
602K 51.1K 31
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...