$€crets & Lies

By AarabhiIyer

The Second year, transitioning into the third~ Dramione fanfic<3 More

~Here they are~
~TIME SKIP~
1) Grown yet another year
2) Amazing innit?
3) Nostalgia
5) A Boon Companionship
6) Lost in Thoughts
7) Tryouts

4) Hoggy waggy Hogwarts

73 9 65
By AarabhiIyer

"All aboard!!!" Hagrid shouts, as the students clamber up on the small boats that take you to the main entrance.

"Ooooh, Déja Vû!" Hermione exclaims, as she looks at the towering castle at a distance. Ron nods in agreement, amazed at all the dazzling lights.

"God help us, another year at this wretched place, hope Dumbledore's there to liven up the atmosphere," Pansy mutters to Draco, who's immersed in his own pessimistic thoughts as to how the year's going to go.

"Anyone home? Draco?" Pansy asks, waving her hand in front of Draco's face, who flinches.

"Oh, yes. I quite agree," he says absent- mindedly.

"You didn't hear a word of what I just said, did you?" She asks as she notices Draco staring at another boat.

Another boat, which consists of 2 red heads, and one with curly hair, shorter than usual.

On closer observation, he happens to be glancing at Hermione Granger every now and then, as they make their way towards the castle.

"Is Something, or rather, someone interesting on that boat?" Pansy asks Draco coldly, folding her arms.

"Huh? What're you on about Parkinson? Quit whining," Draco says irritably, turning his line of vision the other way, towards the forbidden forest.

From where his wave of thoughts shifts to werewolves. Who attacked Hermione in a ghastly manner. Oh no, He hasn't forgotten.

His blue eyes are lost in his own world. His line of vision is fixed to the forbidden forest, but he has his face fixed into a frown, probably wanting to forget everything about her.

Her? Meaning Hermione.

He clutches his hair and pulls it slightly in frustration, much to Pansy's shock.

"Okay okay, I hope I didn't say anything offensive or rather, traumatizing. " She says, trying to reach him to pat his shoulder.

This only makes him sigh and move a little further away from Pansy Parkinson.

"You seem to be sad Draco, what's the matter?" Goyle asks him, concerned.

"Nothing's the matter. Why can't the lot of you mind your foggy business anyway?" He remarks snarkily.

Goyle gulps and turns to Pansy, who shrugs.

"Let's just leave him alone for now," Pansy says.

She glances at Hermione's boat, which is filled with happiness and laughter, much unlike this boat she's sitting on, glum and sad and snarky. She glares at Hermione. Why does she always have to be this happy all the time?

Pansy turns towards Draco, who has one hand on his chin.

"Oh do cheer up," Pansy says, not able to hold it in anymore.

"I AM! Gosh, what's your problem?" Draco demands.

"My problem is that you're not your usual self. That is, intimidating and snarky. Please tell me Draco," Pansy retorts.

"I am. Just give me some time alone Pansy," Draco murmurs, wanting to be left alone for some time, wanting to get away from any social interactions, even if, for a very brief while.

He wants to concentrate on his emotions, and how to control them this year.

No matter what he feels, what he thinks, what he wants, he can't get his own way. He is destined to live this way. He has no choice.

He HAS to listen to his father. It's the only way of life, according to him. He HAS to remember that trusting anyone but yourself is foolish, and results in consequences.

Even if it hurts him to the core.

~°•~

On the other hand, there's Hermione. She wants to get out of her comfort zone, make more friends, expand her choice of learning and career paths at large. She wants to excel in sports, by which I mean, Quidditch. She's determined to get her way this year.

She's what you would call a "firecracker", waiting for the all emotions to explode inside of her.

She's happy, most importantly.

Who knows how long this happiness will last?

Ron has his eyes on Hermione.

"Golly Hermione, you've really really changed." He exclaims silently.

"You've literally highlighted that fact for the umpteenth time, Ron," Hermione says, smiling irritably.

"Well, it's quite shocking really," Ginny says, looking at Hermione.

"And Why's that?" Hermione asks her.

"Well, I care to mention the fact that Ron here had told me in his letters, back in the first year, before properly knowing you of-course, that he made friends with a really annoying witch who had wild, frizzy hair and talked a lot. Oh, he also called you a swot." Ginny says casually, glancing smugly at Ron.

Hermione raises an eyebrow, looking at Ron slowly.

"So? Is that what you said about me, Ron?" Hermione asks him, arms folded.

"Bloody Hell Ginny! No need to spew all this utter nonsense. Well, not all of this is nonsense. I wouldn't lie to you Hermione. I did, initially, mind you, think that you were a swot and stuff, but that was when I didn't properly know you! But look at you now, you've completely transformed!" Ron rushes to say.

" For the better.Which is why it was shocking when I saw you for the first time today. You're nothing like the way Ron described you," Ginny says.

"I'll take that as a compliment, thankyou!" Hermione says, smiling at Ginny, as Ginny smiles back.

"Well, atleast nobody's getting hurt here and everyone's happy," Ron says, smiling at both of them, relieved.

As all the boats are docked at the entrance, students clamber down the boats and start trudging upwards, following Hagrid.

Hogwarts! Been a bloody long while eh?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 628 9
Obviously in this Jack lives!!! - "We're safe now Rose. We will be there in no time." As I tenderly placed a kiss her on her forehead I saw a ship co...
78.3K 3.6K 15
Would a cold Ceo fall for his clumsy yet cute employee?
87.2K 4.3K 10
You were normal girl until you got transported into the world of Genshin Impact as the mother of Dottore who is bounded to die in his hands. Can you...
3.1M 252K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...