Infinitely Attracted

By selectivelySocial_JM

"How can you kiss my sister?" Avantika came near them and asked with her hands on his hips. Little angry at w... More

01 | No show
02 | To Mylapore
03 | First Touch
04 | Demands & Past
06 | Chennai to Coimbatore
07 | eyes on her
08 | Silent Speaker
09 | R for?
10 | Family Dinner
11 | Adamant Raghu
12 | Stubborn Advika
13 | All is well
14 | Engaged
15 | Quality Time
16 | Broken Heart
17 | Advika Raghunath
18 | Ignorance
19 | Patch up
20 | Happy Moments
21 | Epilogue

05 | Flashback

946 75 82
By selectivelySocial_JM

Kindly Vote... and don't be a silent reader.

Do give your comments as well..even if it the story is lagging something.. I will try to improve.

No comments and less vote makes me think people just vote for the sake of my ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sivaraman entered 'Anantha Sri Agraharam' in his car. Upon entering his house, he saw that all the rooms including Living room in the ground floor was filled with Students.

He went near one of the room and opened the door to see Raghu taking classes. Raghu, Vasundhara and Abheri teach Carnatic Music in the same insititute.

While Abheri works at a different location, Raghu and Vasundhara had rented out the Ground floor of their house 'Ananth Sri Agraharam' at Anna Nagar to the same institute for Music classes.

Sivaraman went to his room upstairs hearing the 'Devaram' sung by Vasundhara to her students. Refreshing himself he came down.

Preparing a coffee by himself, he went back to his room. He was seething in anger at Raghu and was waiting for him to complete the classes.

Raghu conducts Advanced level/higher classes in Carnatic music for his students Online.

When he is in Chennai some of his students attend the classes offline, while the onsite batch attends online. When he is back to Italy, all his classes would be in online.

An hour passed. Sivaraman heard the closing note S P S indicating the music classes are about to close.

Few minutes later, when he came down, Raghu was not present.

"Vasu... where is Raghu?"

"He left in his bike somewhere"

"You were teaching Devaram today right. Even if your son sings that stanza for 100 times he will not get married for this eternity" he shouted.

Vasundhara was teaching the stanza 'sadayal enumal' from Devaram which is mainly sung for young girls and boys to get married soon.

"Why? what happened? Why are you angry at him?" queried Vasundhara.

Sivaraman informed her about the call he received today from the girl's parents.

He was informed that they are not ok in proceeding further with engagement, as Raghu said he does not like the girl.

An hour passed. Raghu came home removing his slippers. This time his mother Vasundhara was angry at him and shouted.

" Why are doing like this Raghu? Do you have any intentions of getting married? or are you in love with anyone? if so, please tell us before hand and don't waste our time."

Raghu went to his room to freshen up without answering. Sivaraman got irritated.

"See how adamant and arrogant he is. We are spending lot of time in searching a girl for him , going to all the temples and do all the poojas for him to get married soon.

But he does not even respect us. I am not going to leave him this time. I need to find out why he rejected that girl.

Anyway he will come down for dinner, I will catch hold of him at that time. Don't prepare dinner or serve him anything. If you ever serve him, you will see the other side of me" said Sivaraman with a strict face.

While they were talking, Raghu came down wearing a blue track pant with white t-shirt.

He very well knew that his mom would not have cooked anything because of what he did. So he went inside the kitchen directly and prepared a Pongal, gothsu.

An hour later, Raghu sat on the dining table with his dinner. Siva and Vasu were seated in the sofa in Living room , still angry at what he did.

"Patttu..." he called Vasundhara.

"Dei.. don't you ever call my wife as 'pattu'. I am the one who can call her that way" shouted Sivaraman.

"Pattu.. va pattu.. sapdalam.. pasikardhu" Raghu added fuel to his Dad's anger.

( pattu.. come we will eat I am hungry)

Raghu knows exactly which words would trigger and how to pacify them.

Controlling their anger, the couples sat near the dining table. Even though they are angry at him for many reasons, they will not leave their son sleep without eating.

They would eventually do some cooking later on and feed him. This happens right from his childhood days.

But when he grew up, it got reversed. Whenever his parents are more angry at him , they don't cook or eat.

It is always Raghu who prepares food and would feed them too. Same thing is what is happening now.

He was feeding his parents. Still Vasu tried to ask him the reason for rejecting the girl with Pongal in her mouth.

He gave a glare at her . It means not to talk while eating. Once he finished with feeding them, Raghu started narrating what has happened.

At the temple, when he was asked to talk separately with the girl, he observed his surroundings. He saw two other couples who were having marriage talk.

One of the girl seemed to be dominant and asking lot of questions , while the other seemed to be shy with heads bent down talking something.

The guy who was standing with the latter did not seem to be interested in marrying just like him. He felt pity for that girl.

That is when he noticed it was Advika whom he saw near the deity. He saw her struggling to talk and understood that she has speech problems.

Not wanting to look more over there, he diverted his attention to his college classmate with whom his parents have made him meet for marriage.

She completed narrating her love story and requested him to give some time until she convince the parents of her boyfriend.

Until then , they decided to say ok with the proposal and reject later on.

They both exchanged numbers stating they would talk for a week or so and see if it works out.

Today she has informed him that her boyfriend's parents are ready to talk to her parents about marriage. Hence Raghu stated silly reasons and rejected her as in things are happening casually.

**** end of flashback****

Now if you ever thought Raghu was narrating all this story to his parents , you are wrong.

It is me the author narrating what has happened. You want to know what reason,  Raghu "the words chooser" gave for his rejection? Here it is:

"I got to know that she is in love with another guy. So I called her parents and rejected her."

That's actually a big and long sentence coming from his mouth.

Coming to the present, Ashwath came from office and refreshed himself.

Siva was feeding the pongal to Raghu now.

With a plate of pongal and gothsu, Ashwath sat near the dining table along with his parents and brother.

"hi bro, heard that you have rejected another girl. Am I late in knowing the reason?"

He asked after chewing the pongal which his mom fed him.

"Yes you are " replied Siva.

"Do you want to know the wonderful reason he said for rejecting?" added Siva.

Vasundhara and Ashwath looked at him eagerly, while Raghu suppressed his smile.

"He wanted a girl with long hair just like my Pattu" said Sivaraman. Hearing it everyone laughed heartily. Vasundhara has long , thick black dense hair at this age too.

"Yen da.. vera edachu reason solla kudadha? idhu dhan kedachudha unaku?" asked Vasundhara to which Raghu laughed.

(Don't you have any other reason to reject??)

"Ok, the good thing is anyhow this proposal got rejected" said Ashwath

"Why da? We are striving hard to find a girl and why are you saying like this?" asked Vasundhara.

"This girl does not have any unmarried younger sister or cousin. If he gets married to her, the marriage hall will be very boring with only elders and single guys like me. So next time when you are seeing match, check if the girl has any unmarried sister"

Sivaraman who was feeding his elder one, gave a beat on his shoulder hardly and said no girls or marriage for him for now.

"Ashwath, you are going to get nice beatings from me. Always you talk about girls. Have you ever shown this interest in your studies? Always poking your nose in your brother's marriage talks" scolded Vasu.

The loving family then spent some more time in talking and teasing each other.

This is the usual thing that happens in their family. Once in a week at least where they feed each other.

This time, Raghu strictly told his parents to start searching only after he starts his own business and they agreed to it.

Like he said, after few months, there came a day when all things were going good and he was ready to start with the photography studio.

He and his friends Shruthi and Dinesh got themselves busy with purchasing the cameras, loans, place, name boards, staffs and digital marketing, naming, partnership and other activities.

Raghu told that he is the one who would decide the logo and name of the studio and named it as "The Artsy Lens" with the logo displaying camera with a blue ocean human eyes visible inside it.

On an auspicious day, they opened their studio in Chennai and Italy.

While the one in Italy was predominantly run by him, mainly on fashion photoshoots , modelling and elite wedding photography.

The two branches in Chennai , is an elite wedding photography studio and advertisement photography studio run by his friends.

Advika spent time with her parents and involved herself more with Bharatanatyam learning and teaching to junior students.

She joined a remote job for website creation, content writing and what not as freelancing.

Days passed for both Raghu and Advika busy with their respective jobs and leading a happier life.

Its been 8 months now , the alliance seeking process was again initiated for both of them.

Ramamoorthy strictly filtered for horoscopes in Coimbatore only. He kept on pushing aside one particular horoscope suggested by his client.

For how long he could avoid it?? He is not aware that particular profile is the one meant for his daughter.

A day would come where he would pick that horoscope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you were confused in the previous chapter , I hope it is all cleared now. A point to note is, I have never mentioned anywhere that Raghu and Advika are the one's meeting each other for marriage.

Raghu met a different girl and Advika a different guy for marriage. Just that they both were near in the same place. I hope the confusion if any had been resolved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 113 18
"I hate you so much!" Samaira said "Feelings are mutual you know" Aditya smirked -------------------------------------------------- "Do you need a...
295K 16.7K 41
While Vardhan continued to look into her beautiful face. His lips wanted to feel her lips...he controlled his strong urge to kiss her...and rubbed th...
399K 14.5K 30
"Arnav.." I whispered softly and gasped out loud when he bit my earlobe. "Hmm.?" He replied huskily and it was not helping me as my body was out of...
23K 1.9K 21
Enter the world of 'The Reluctant Union' where duty and expectations clash with unexpected emotions. Aarush Rathore wasn't keen on getting married, b...