Mercy - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

By xoxo_foxxy_xoxo

Angela Joy was part of the science trio 'JoyFitzSimmons', the youngest S.H.I.E.L.D. academy graduates, specia... More

Angela Joy
Season 1
S1 E1: Pilot
S1 E2: 0-8-4
S1 E3: The Asset
S1 E4: Eye Spy
S1 E5: The Girl in the Flower Dress
S1 E6: FZZT
S1 E7: The Hub
S1 E8: The Well
S1 E9: Repairs
S1 E10: The Bridge
S1 E11: The Magical Place
S1 E12: Seeds
S1 E13: T.R.A.C.K.S
S1 E14: T.A.H.I.T.I
S1 E15: Yes Men
S1 E16: End of the Beginning
S1 E17: Turn, Turn, Turn
S1 E19: The Only Light in The Darkness
S1 E20: Nothing Personal

S1 E18: Providence

184 9 1
By xoxo_foxxy_xoxo

2014 The HUB

Joy sat in her makeshift med-bay, she'd just finished patching the agents up who had been injured during HYRDA's infiltration.

She looked up when May entered the room, "come on, were leaving", Joy stood, albeit confused, "Marines are coming to the base so were flying away", May looked around the room, spotting the large canary backpack, "have you got everything?", she moved to the bag and grabbed it, but as soon as it was lifted it fell to the floor.

"Oh, don't worry, I've got it", Joy gave the woman a smile and hoisted the bag onto her shoulder, aware that May was gawking at her, "I'm used to the weight", the two women then started walking to the hanger, "when we're in the air, I want to take the stitches out of your brow"

May nodded, "yes ma'am", she shot a small smirk at the blonde who only chuckled.

Joy wandered around the lab on the BUS, though it was less of a lab now, more of a storage room, when she overheard Trip speaking, "so, you guys are all set to go?"

Coulson gave him a small smile, "I appreciate your help"

"Enough to give me a bunk?", Trip grinned easily, "seeing as you guys are down a specialist. I was hoping I could hitch a ride"

Angela noticed Simmons' stare that was fixed on Trip, and moved closer as Coulson replied, "not gonna happen. But feel free to commandeer one of Hand's vehicles", he then went to leave.

"I'm sorry, is there a problem?"

Coulson dropped back off the stairs, "no problem. Just not letting you on my plane"

"Garrett had me fooled same as everyone else"

The two men stared at each other, "everyone else wasn't at his side day in, day out"

"Friends of mine are dead because of him. Good friends"

Joy looked at Simmons again, seeing the conflict on her face and decided to step forwards, "I think he should come with us, sir"

Coulson looked at her, minutely shocked by her intervention, "Duly noted, Agent Joy, but this isn't a democracy"

"Isn't it?", she stared into Coulsons eyes, eerily familiar to the dispute they had about the GH Serum, "considering that S.H.I.E.L.D. is falling apart by the second, I believe that everyone on the team should have a say in this", she spoke strongly, making sure her words were being heard, "Agent Triplett protected Simmons, a member of our team, when we couldn't, and from what I've heard, he was willing to lay down his life for what is right", Coulson couldn't look away from the blue eyes that bore into his soul; they had a fire in them, stronger than when she joined, "respectfully, sir, I think Agent Triplett should come with us"

Coulson looked at her, then Simmons and then Trip, before looking back to Joy, "okay... but he's your responsibility", the blonde nodded and patted Trips shoulder before shooting a wink at Simmons as Coulson left.

Simmons and Joy where in the lab when Coulson walked in, "how we doing on supplies?", Simmons answered first.

"Thanks to Joy, we're well-stocked on medical, but I'm afraid our food rations will only last a couple days at best"

Coulson carried on walking by, "perfect", he then went into the garage to Trip.

Joy looked over at Trip before nudging Simmons, "go and speak to him", the other woman blushed and shook her head, "come on, no better time than now", she then walked up to the situation room as Coulson was leaving, "Sir? have you heard from Ward, yet?", Skye gave her a sympathetic glance, "he and Hand should've dropped Garrett off by now"

"Not yet", he then held a phone out to her, "give him a call. Hearing how Garrett settled into his tiny, windowless, permanent home might actually cheer me up",  Joy smirked at this, "when you're finished, collect everyones badges while Skye wipes us from the grid", both girls shared a shocked look at this, "it's no longer something we wanna flash round", he left the two women, who took a second to take in what he said.

As, Skye worked on the table, Joy rang Ward.

"Sir... is everything all right?"

Joy relaxed hearing his voice, "hi... it's me, sorry to disappoint"

"Never disappointed hearing your voice"

She smiled at this, turning away from Skyes teasing look, "just wanted to let you know that Grant Ward no longer exists, thanks to Skyes magic hands"

"You wanna explain that, Angela?"

"Some high-up Colonel wanted to visit the HUB. Coulsons had us move out before we got locked up. Now, Skye's burying our ID's while Coulson plans our next move"

"Makes sense. Agent Hand picked up some Navy jets in the vicinity. She has us taking the long route to the Fridge just to be safe"

"That's a good idea. We can't afford losing you and Hand right now... are we just brushing over the part of you no longer existing?"

"Oh, it's not the first time my identity been compromised. Any idea where Coulson has us headed?"

"Not a clue. Don't think even he knows. But, I'll keep you updated"

"Good. I'll catch up with you when I can, Angel"

"Who are you gonna be when we next see each other. You get a clean slate, an opportunity to be anyone you want"

"I'll be whoever you want me to be"

"Cheesy", she had to bite her lip to stop her grin at his words.

"But true"

"Just... be careful, Grant"

"You too"

Havana, Cuba

Ward had slipped the phone into his pocket as Garrett spoke up, "'I'll be whoever you want me to be', now that is cheesy", Ward huffed out a laugh.

"Ironically, she said the same thing"

Garrett chuckled, "man, I wish we could get her on our side, wouldn't hurt to have some eye-candy round this place", the man chuckled as Ward held back a glare, "I think she could be better looking than Romanoff"

"I don't want her here", Ward finally glared at his mentor, "not after the last time"

Garrett stood, "oh, come on, you're not still upset about that"

"Having Angela assaulted by one of your dogs was not part of the plan"

The man turned to point at him, "near zero-contact, that was the deal going in. Though, your tip about the cellist came in handy. If you had a thing for the Angel, you should've contacted me. I would be asked for your blessing-"

"Don't play your games with me", Ward cut him off and marched forwards, "this isn't a joke"

Garretts joking demeanour fell, "you don't have to tell me. I didn't know you had such a big crush on her... not that I blame you", Ward sighed, "Listen, if the job was easy..."

"Yeah, the job was to blend in, gather intel on Coulsons revival, that's it. You said yourself, you didn't want any blood shed"

Garrett glared at the man, "that was before I found out Coulson didn't know squat. You know, you would've had an easier time if I gave the kill order week one"

Ward smouldered, "yeah, but you didn't", Garrett approached him.

"The girl, I get. She's smokin' hot. But don't forget what the assignment was. Don't forget who gave it to you. And don't forget why", he patted Grants chest before grinning, "and cheer up. We're close. Closer than ever", Ward followed the man, still thinking of a way to get Joy back.

The BUS

After Joy had collected everyone's badges and handed them to Skye, she sat with Simmons, the both of them were coming to terms with the fact that they had to give away their badges. It felt as if everything they had worked for had been for nothing, and with no plan in sight, it was as if they were floating in space without a tether.

But hope wasn't far away. Coulson had received coordinates that he believes were sent from Fury, so the team gathered around the table to listen to the plan.

"So, Director Fury's alive?", Simmons asked with a grin.

Fitz followed up, "what did he say? Does he have a plan?"

"He only sent coordinates"

Skye was typing away as she spoke up, "the coordinates should put us somewhere in the Canadian wilderness"

Joy tilted her head at the satellite image, "what are we looking for here, sir?", the man approached the screen.

"It's unclear. Maybe a rally point of some kind"

Simmons shared a look with her blonde friend before speaking, "sir, have you and Agent Fury used this form of communication before?"

"Never"

Joy backed her friend, "then how can you be sure-"

Coulson anticipated her question, "because this is how he operates"

"Could be a trap", Trip pointed out the idea that was on everyone's mind, "so far, everything has been a trap. Am I wrong? HYDRA could've sent you those coordinates", the room was silent, but every face, bar Coulsons, showed understanding.

The leader of the group stepped up, pulling out his badge, "Nick Fury gave me this badge. The he did, I swore and oath. We all did. To serve when everything else fails. To be humanity's last line of defence. To be the shield", Joy absorbed the words, realising that he was right, she has a job to do, she has to fight for what's right, now more than ever, "these coordinates mean something. I'm certain of it. Fury also gave me this plane. Anyone wants off? Chutes are in the bay. Help yourself", he left the room and the team shared silent looks.

Havana, Cuba

Ward approached Reina as she watched Garrett with the HYDRA soldiers, "you were disappointed. That he wasn't a real clairvoyant"

Reina continued to watch the man, "there was a question I would've asked", she then turned her big eyes to Ward, "you've known him a long time?"

"Since I was a teenager. He pulled me out of a hell, saved me from myself", his words were grateful, before he brought himself back to the present, "so now do you know me?", he leaned back against the wall easily, "know how to work me?"

Reina smiled, "I'm just curious. If I wanted to work you, I'd ask you about Coulson and his team, and how you managed to gain their trust"

"I jumped out of a plane", the woman shot him a flat look, "deep cover tactics 101. perform selfless acts of bravery early on. So, I jumped to save the medic. I had a parachute"

Reina was still trying to work it all out, "they never suspected?"

"Agent May was the primary threat", Ward smirked, "so I let things get intimate"

Reina squinted, "you don't seem like her type"

"I'm everyone's type", Reina breathed in at the retort, "Skye was the unknown variable. Being her S.O. out me in a position to be a sounding board. Get an idea what she was thinking"

Reina turned fully to him, "and Coulson? He wasn't skeptical when you pressured him to join?"

Ward scoffed, "he pressured me. You'd be surprised how often you get invited to the party when you don't wanna go", he straightened up and crossed his arms, "sir, I was trained from day one as a specialist. I go in alone, I get it done. This team thing? Not my speed", he then shrugged, "I gave Coulson a person he thought he could help. Plane was full of them"

Reina smirked, "what about Angela Joy?", Ward glared the name, "only, I've heard some talk... she must be very beautiful and very smart", her smirk widened at the change in Ward, "the hard drive you gave me, you said that a lot of the work on their was hers... was she the medic you risked your life for?", the man looked away briefly, "you really do care about her", Reina took a step closer, "she must be something truly special if she's turned your head", Ward glared into her eyes and stood taller, "is it lust?... or love?"

"Enough"

His whispered words were harsh, but Reina had discovered enough about the relationship between Ward and Joy to be satisfied, so she moved the conversation along.

Skye and Joy sat in the blondes bunk, simply relaxing for a moment.

"What's your opinion on all this?"

Joy looked up from where she sat on the floor looking for warm shoes, "honestly... I don't know", Skye frowned at this, she was so used to Angela having all the answers, "so much has happened in a short time... just seems that since Italy, things have gone down hill", she began playing with her hands, "i... I never apologised for Italy"

Slye shook her head, "what are you apologising for?"

"I didn't save you... if I had done more you wouldn't of been shot, and we wouldn't of led Garrett to-"

Skye slid to the floor and grabbed the womans hands, "don't do that", she gripped the delicate hands firmly, "don't carry that guilt around... when they brought you into the room I was nearly sick, I could see what they had done... and if it was me in your position I would've broke down", tears welled in the hackers eyes, "but you helped me straight away, everyones told me how you jumped into action as soon as you were released and then you went on to lead the operation on me and then used the GH serum to save my life... I wouldn't be here without you Angela", Skye pulled her into a hug, a few tears escaping her eyes, "you are the strongest person I know, Ang, fact"

Joy looked into the girls eyes and smiled wetly and whispered, "thank you", they shared a smile before Skye pulled a pair of pointe shoes out of the blondes shoe draw.

"Now, tell me where you learnt ballet"

Angela laughed and wiped her face, "my mother, she used to be a professional, but she married my dad and moved to teaching", she held the silk shoes gently, "four, five-hour lessons a week, every week for 16 years, and then I moved to America to go to Sci-Tech", she laughed at the shocked look on Skyes face, "when I was young I hated it, but as I grew older it was less of a lesson and more time with mum, and I am who I am because of her"

Skye looked at the phot of the family of three on the bedside table, "was she the pacifist, or was it your father?", Joy turned to the photo and grabbed it, handing it to Skye.

"She was, I was born on the international day of peace", Skye nodded, "it was never forced on me, both of my parents allowed me to come to my own mind, but from a young age I was more interested in looking after people", she chuckled, "that not to say I can't look after myself", Skye gave her a look of disbelief, "my dad taught me to ride horses, once I had aced that he bought me a bow and quiver, I took to archery quickly and then puberty hit",  Skye chuckled at this, "I grew boobs and boys started noticing me, so one day, my dad took me to lake by our house and taught me to fight... he was a marine before he became an architect", she smiled with melancholy, thinking of the simpler times before S.H.I.E.L.D., "I'm a pacifist, but I'm not completely harmless, which is lucky... especially now, who knows when I'll have to be the muscle for the team", both girl giggled at this, before continuing to dig through Joy's extensive wardrobe.

Canadian Wilderness

The team had suited up, ready for the frigid cold as the convened in the bay of the BUS, "coordinates are about a seven-mile hike from here. Terrains pretty rough, even if it wasn't covered in snow", Coulson pulled on his gloves as he spoke.

Trip looked at the man, "Agent May and I could lead a scouting party first. Make sure this sent a trap"

"There's no time. In less than eight hours, a NATO satellite will pass directly over us. If the bus is still here, they'll know", Coulson looked at his team, knowing this was a long shot, "I've been doing this long enough to know that something's up there. But this mission has to be your choice", Joy tightened her snow suit and pulled on her gloves while looking at the commanding officer, "a lot's changed in the last few days. I know you all have your doubts about what we've been doing, about me. But I don't. Which is why I'm going to find whatever Fury has waiting for us... with you, or without you", he the lowered the ramp and set off.

Skye held her hand out to Joy, "you ready to put that gorgeous snowsuit to use", the blonde smirked at her and pulled the fur lined hood over her head.

"Let's do this", she grabbed Skyes hand and the two followed Coulson into the snowy outdoors.

They had been trecking for hours before they reached their location. And it turned out to be nothing. There was nothing around, no life, no buildings. Nothing.

Joy was cold. Hungry. And losing hope when Coulson shouted to the group.

"This is it. There's gotta be something here. Stay alert. Eyes open. It's gotta be here somewhere"

Joy walked over to the man, "how long should we stay here before we head back?"

Coulson shared her a glance, "we're not going back. Not until we find whatever Fury has waiting for us", she gave him a sceptical look.

Trip shouted up, "what about the satellite?"

"It doesn't matter. The BUS used all it's remains fuel just t get us here"

"What?", Joy was shocked, "did you know this before we came to the middle of nowhere on a whim?"

Coulson shot her a look, "it was the right play. Fury sent us these coordinates for a reason"

The blonde sighed, "what reason?", Coulson stared at her, "what reason?", her voice raised, losing the softness that her team was used to.

"I don't know, Joy!", Coulson turned to the medic, "I don't know. There's gotta be something here", he showed her his badge, "this means something! This has to mean something. The world needs us. HYDRA is out there. We cannot let them win. We cannot let them define us. Do you understand that?" Joy sighed, but still looked the man in the eye, "we are not agents of nothing. We are Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and that still carries weight. It has to carry weight! After everything we've been through. That carries weight!", his voice echoed off the trees, as the team stared at him. There was silence, as Coulson looked down at his badge, the thing that had brought them here, before he looked at Joy, who had been the closest person to him and took the brunt of his frustration, "I'm sorry"

Joy gave him a sad smile, before moving closer and rubbing his back, "guess we move to plan B", he chuckled at this and tossed his badge into the air.

As soon as it left his hand, a torrent emerged from the ground and obliterated it. Within a second, Coulson had grabbed Joy and pulled her behind a rock, while the team shouted for cover. May was at the other side of Joy, holding the girl down, protectively, "nobody move"

Simmons, wedged behind a boulder spoke up, "I really don't think that's gonna be a problem"

"This is a S.H.I.E.L.D. facility"

Trip shot a look a t Coulson, "shoot first, ask questions later? Doesn't sound like S.H.I.E.L.D. to me"

"It's not HYDRA. This is Fury reaching out"

Joy grabbed Coulsons shoulder, "we can never know that for sure", he gave her a look and patted her hand on his shoulder.

"Yes we can", he stood from his position, despite every objecting and Angela pulling on his arm.

The turret turned to him.

"Identify yourself"

"I'm Phil Coulson, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D."

AT his words the turret raised and lowered.

"Welcome, Agent Coulson. We've been expecting you"

 The wall beside them opened up, revealing a bunker, and everyone moved inside.

"What is this place?", Skye asked as she walked beside Joy.

"One of Furys secret bases", a man came around the corner, straightening his tie, "ah, I call it Providence. Although, technically, it doesn't have name, because technically, it doesn't exists, it being a secret base and all", the team stared at him before he raised his arm, "if everyone would follow me", Joy and Skye linked arms as they followed the man through the corridors, "pretty cool, huh?", he led them into a canteen.

Coulson removed his gloves, "I'm sorry. Who are you exactly?"

"Eric Koenig, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., Level Six", he flashed his lanyard"

The man nodded in return, "Phil Coulson", Eric approached him and shook his hand.

"I know  I know. It is an honour to meet you, Agent Coulson. And I apologise for the kerfuffle outside. The Precision Remote System was designed to destroy and rapidly moving metallic object"

Coulson shrugged, "it was my badge"

Eric nodded slowly, "it was... ok, tats gonna be tough to replace. But, very soon you're gonna be issued your very own lanyard", he then looked to the rest of the team, "lanyards for others will be distributed on a case-by-case basis", Joy and Skye shared and amused look at the man.

Coulson brought the attention back to him, "what happened to Director Fury? Is he alive?"

"Fury didn't make it out of DC", the team all looked down hearing the news with finality, up until now, it had been speculation, "it's been rough. We're all a little shaken up. Especially now that the Fridge has fallen", Joy's head snapped to the man and pulled out the phone, "who is she calling?"

Coulson looked away from Joy, "we had a man at the Fridge"

Joy listen to the phone ring, before Ward answered and she released a breath, "Ward? Thank God"

Joy watched the door open to reveal Ward, there was blood and bruises on his face, but he smiled when he saw her, "thought you might've given me bad directions"

She shrugged at him, "at least the big gun didn't finish you off", she raised a hand to his face, "you good?"

Ward took her hand in his, "always the doctor", she moved his arm and groaned, "might have a broken rib... or two", Joy huffed and kissed his cheek.

"Come on, you can fill the team in while I fix you up... then maybe, we can have that drink... maybe a dance"

Ward smiled at her, "well... I do only have one chance", he then follows dafter her into the base.

It's been a long wait, but I'm getting back into AoS

I'll be working on this story and my Male OC AoS story for a while

Thank you for being patient

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 6.8K 40
"after that my life was just snapshots. horrible ones. but not all of them." snap • shot (n) - an informal photograph, taken quickly and with little...
513 22 9
Andrea Hill, the daughter of the Deputy Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., Maria Hill, is chosen by Agent Coulson to be on his team to help investigate 0-8-4s...
12.7K 448 37
Potential inhuman, Eden Thomas, joins S.H.I.E.L.D. after Afterlife is taken down. Will she earn the teams trust? Rankings #1 - aos #1 - bobbimorse #5...
43.4K 851 14
She quit her job to be with her sister, only to end up with another gun and another badge on her belt. Book 1 (No Intended Love Interest) (Agents of...