No Journey Too Small (G/T)

Af DrAnonymous-FFG-201

It was supposed to 'fix' me. Cure anyone else who was like me. 'Fix' apparently has quite different definitio... Mere

CH1- So It Begins
CH2- And Now It Ascends
CH3- A Lonely Soul
CH4- And A Broken Ghoul
CH6- Forward Unto The School
CH7- A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

CH5- Keeping My Cool

43 1 2
Af DrAnonymous-FFG-201

(POV Amy)

(1 Day ago - Sunday)

Why was Past Amy so stupid? Why did my brain tell me that Future Amy should worry about tomorrow? Now, tomorrow's here and it's up to present Amy to deal with it. Stupid ears, I blame you. Just someone walks by and you have to wake me up. And mom was trying to be quiet. If I'm up anyways, I could just think about how today will go.

So how to start?

Ok, game plan. Emma comes at 10:00 AM, so I just need to get ready, tidy up my penthouse, and then pretty much rest as Max cleans up the house while grumbling that I'm not doing anything.

Sometimes, it's good to be small.

First, I have virtually no chores. Not like I could actually do any. Oh, and for someone 3.3 inches tall, a muffin is like, enormous. I can enjoy candy more than Max ever will. That's also why I have a secret stash in my room. If Max found out, it would probably disappear in seconds, whereas it would take me weeks to go through the stuff. I'll share some with Emma, I suppose. And that brings me to the hardest part of the whole day.

GETTING OUT OF BED.

Now, you would be like- yeah, getting out of bed is a pain. Don't lie. It's excruciating, and no denying it. I know everything. I know where you are, where you're going, your dreams and aspirations, and what you ate for breakfast. Don't ask how.

Groaning, I lifted my head out of the soft blanket (Or rather, a woolen handkerchief), and looked at the clock. It was a gift from Max, of all people. It was an elegant showpiece. He bought it on my 13th birthday. And I got him video games. A win-win. I waited for my eyes to adapt to the bright light, as I finally saw the time. 6:57 AM. What?! Why would anyone be up on SUNDAY at this ungodly hour?!

Sleeping in for 5 minutes doesn't count, right?

Okay, look here. I'm not justifying why I'm sleeping, I... ok maybe I am, but that isn't the point here! I am literally 3 inches tall, living in a bookshelf converted to a 6-storey building with an interior perfect for my small scale. Running around a home practically 20 times larger in scale is tiring. While some people go to a gym, my exercise of climbing the staircase still keeps me healthier than most people. I've gotten faster too, though I still can't outrun anyone yet. But to run, I have to get up. I looked around my bedroom while still being in bed. Hm, nothing much to do anyways, the whole place is clean. I'll wake up at 9 and get ready-

For a second the world stopped as I heard a deafening crash. I clutched my ears in pain as I looked up, in a frenzy, still half asleep. suddenly the whole front wall just vanished and a huge hand appeared. I didn't react, thanks to my sleep. Wake up, Amy. Stop dreaming.

Then the hand came towards me and I practically flew out of the bed and ran, screaming. I think I jumped out of bed so hard that I actually flew all the way to my door, just as fingers big as tree trunks took hold of me.

"Amy? Amy, I'm sorry! S-so sorry! I-I didn't mean it! I swear, I was just waking you up!"

"Max, could you not scare the living daylights out of me, FOR FIVE MINUTES!?!"

"I-it was an accident, I swear!" He said with panic clear in his voice.

I'll have to wake up now, This is the Point Of No Return.

I quickly turned around, to see my near-perfect room in disarray. And same went with most of the other rooms, which had everything scattered everywhere. Thanks Max, now I have more work to do.

"Why were you waking me up?"

"Mom's busy in the kitchen. You know her, if a guest comes, she goes crazy over everything."

That's true. Maybe it's a family effect or something, I don't know. But if a guest is to arrive, most of my family, especially mom, go into what I call 'super panic mode'. Essentially, they do everything, even the most useless of things, but make sure that the house is perfect.

"Max, mind putting me down? I don't like to be 80 feet in the air so early."

"Sorry, right, here you go. Just get ready, and tidy up your room. I'll get to work too."

I smirked, as I said, "I just have to tidy up my place. For you on the other hand, a whole house is in the way. Get to work."

"Here's where you're wrong big sis, I'm already done."

What the what?

Impossible.

The supremely lazy Max, who doesn't even get homework done on time or even eat just to attend a video game event on time could not have done this. It's not... possible. It's beyond reality! Unless...

"You have to go somewhere, don't you?" I asked with another one of my trademark smug smiles.

"I'm leaving in 10 minutes."

"Don't you want to meet Emma?" I asked, with slight panic in my voice. I didn't know Emma, and certainly did not like the idea of being with her the whole day.

"Aww, don't worry. I'll be back in the evening. It's not like Emma's gonna eat you or something!"

Thanks for giving that input. I'm not scared anymore. I'm terrified.

"But mom wouldn't allow you!"

"Already done. It'll be just you, Emma and mom. I just came here to tell you that, quite specifically. So, enjoy your day, Ames! Tell me all about it when I come back." He said cheerily as he put the front wall back on, and walked away after another wave of his enormous hand, complimented my my own smaller waving arm.

I'll destroy you later, Max. You're lucky I'm busy right now.

So, my day pretty much started with me putting the penthouse back in order, with mom coming occasionally for having me taste-test stuff. Honestly it was too sweet, but I liked the sugar rush. 

Time? 9:47 AM.

What?! It was like, 7 AM 5 fricking minutes ago!

Aaand as if in cue, mom steps in the room, startling me yet again with the thundering footstep. She came and crouched near the penthouse, the whole inside shaking. I still find it unnerving when a giant eye of all things looks through the window. Out of all things, I've never grown used to that.

"Amy, Emma's almost here, so I'll just drop you to the living-"

DING DONG

Mom jumped at the sudden sound, with me scrambling for my earmuffs. Ahhh, it feels so good NOT to have pain in my ears, at least once in a while.

"She's here!" Mom snapped, as she ran down the stairs. I was just coming out of the penthouse, when I realized.

Oh, come on!

She left me here! Upstairs. Perfect, now I need to get down there myself. I scampered across the floor, the towering furniture failing to bother me yet again. By the time I was at the stairs, I was out of breath. I had to say though, the door being left open was quite lucky.

"Emma, dear! It's been too long! How have you been? Oh, come on in, don't be shy!" Mom's words were audible clearly to me, and they would be heard by anyone else as well, thanks to her loud speech.

"Thanks, Aunt Lisa!" Came another cheery voice. It was distinctly genuine, and of course it was Emma's. Ironically, I was at a place too high to even see them clearly. All I heard was them going to the living room, and then some chatting in the distance. I steeled myself for the task ahead as I took determined steps towards the huge stairs.

My cause is just. My will is strong. And my staircase is very, very large.

Now comes the most difficult part of the journey. The dreaded staircase. Each step is almost thrice my height, and as if it made things better, it was wooden. No grips. I always think that the first drop is the hardest. But now I'm so used to it that it feels natural, just falling down each step. Of course, I have the grapple gun given to all the shrunken patients, and I make good use of it. After coming halfway down, I stopped to catch my breath. Oh god, it's tiring to descend the equivalent of a mountain so early in the morning.

But I shall continue my campaign against the staircase!

Just as I came down the last stair, I collapsed to the floor. Out. Of. Breath. I really need to get more exercise. Riding on shoulders has it's perks, but I've been lacking exercise lately. Ok, back to business. They're in the living room.

Across the hallway. And I have to walk all the way.

I sighed as I started jogging down the hall. After a good 5 minutes walk, I'm finally at the door of the living room. Thankfully, it's open. God knows what would have happened if it wasn't.

But I didn't go in.

I'm gonna be eavesdropping on this one.

"-So Amy is 16, right?"

"Yes dear, and both Amy and Max were excited to meet you!"

"Aunt Lisa, where are they? I haven't ever met them before."

"Ah, you see, Amy has a bit of a medical condition, and doesn't leave the house much. She's been homeschooled till now. As for Max, he had to go somewhere today, unfortunately."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Is Amy fine now?"

"Yeah, she's fine now. But there's one thing you should know... she's a little short for her age."

What a way to refer to my height!

"Aunt Lisa, I have a friend who's 4'8! Amy'll be just fine." She grinned sheepishly.

Well, get ready to meet someone shorter.

"I'll just- oh. She's upstairs! I-I'll be back in a sec, hm? Enjoy the cookies!" Mom sang as she stomped out.

Towards me.

I reflexively clung to the wall, where chances of me getting squashed were relatively low. When I was certain that mom was in earshot, I yelled, "Mom! I'm heeeereee!" It was more of a low voice than a yell, at least to her. Thank god that my voice doesn't sound like a chipmunk on steroids.

"Amy what were you thinking? How'd you even get here?" She said in a concerned tone as she crouched momentarily to lay her hand down for me to get on. And I just clambered on like it's the most natural thing in the world.

Mom stood up and strutted right in, with me cupped in her hands. I took a glance at Emma. She looked beautiful. She had none of that makeup, and just that made her pretty. At least to me. I looked down at my own choice of clothes. Causals, it's not like I had anyone to impress except for my parents and Max- that is, until now.

Emma was sheepishly downing a cookie when we came in, and just like everyone else, she took no notice of me. I was placed on the table, and as I straightened myself, I turned around to find Emma's eyes locked on me, jaw hanging.

"Emma, this is Amy."

Seriously!? Isn't that obvious?

I was cut off from saying anything, looking almost as shocked as Emma herself. She came closer to the table, gulping loudly. I instinctively took a step back as she literally loomed over me. She was clearly shocked, and would probably stay like that till I did anything.

"H-Hi Emma..."

"Um... Hello?" She said as she took every inch of me in her vision, not like there were many.

"H-how... did you get so-"

"-small?" I asked. Typical. This one question had been shot at me countless times. And mechanically, the words flew out of my mouth. "I uh... I had this disease, ACSD when I was born and the cure um, has this side effect." I was a nervous wreck. Despite mom being right behind her, I was terrified. If she didn't like me, I'd be flattened in an instant. Thanks brain, for being so paranoid. But I'll take this advice, I thought as I took yet another step back.

Noticing my awkwardness, Emma smiled and said while extending her finger towards me, "Nice to meet you, Amy,"

"Nice to m-meet you too..." I was lost in thought. Great. She's about to prod me or something. I was bracing for impact as the log-sized digit came to a stop just centimeters from my face. For I second I stood confused but realized that it was supposed to be a makeshift handshake. Mentally facepalming myself, I extended my hand too. It's so small compared to hers.

"It's okay." She said, taking in the fear plastered on my face. "I won't hurt you." I grunted at that reply.

"I'm the same age as you... you don't have to act like that. I'm just smaller, I guess?" I realized a little too late how that sounded. My eyes widened in fear as I looked up, and received an unexpected apology instead of a flick.

"I'm sorry, it must be hard..." She stopped, as if contemplating the situation from my perspective. I just smiled, exactly like the times I had visitors. I walked a bit to the miniature sofa, and sat down with a chocolate chip. Emma curiously looked at me the whole time, gasping as I even moved a bit. I just shrunk back in the sofa.

Meanwhile Emma apparently calmed down. What I got from her was the typical reaction to seeing someone 3 inches tall for the first time. Though I must say, she calmed down pretty quick... too quick to have seen someone like me. Has she met a downsized patient before?

"So, do you girls want to do something? Like TV? Or a movie?" Mom asked, trying desperately to reduce the awkwardness. I'm the odd one out here. Why are you two nervous?!

"TV sounds good, what about you Amy?"

"I'm not picky. I'm up for grabs."

Emma tried to stifle her laughter at my remark, and it took me a good minute before I understood why she was laughing. Up for grabs. Wow.  Way to hammer your exact size in, Amy!

"We'll just... watch TV and chat? Is that fine, Amy?"

I nodded as they mom stood up, and walked out. Leaving me on the table, alone with Emma. Of course she did it on purpose! For 'bonding', as she calls it. I looked up at Emma, craning my neck to see her face. She visibly stiffened, and shied away.

"You know, it's supposed to be me afraid of you, not the other way around!" I said, with a smirk. I knew when people were harmless, and when they weren't.

"Y-you mean you aren't scared of me?"

"Nope. For someone a hundred feet tall, you're pretty harmless."

"Hey! I-I'm not a hundred feet tall! I'm like, 5'2! You're 3 inches tall." She said, while coming down from her sofa to her knees to have a better look at me. She was fascinated my each and every single move I made, yet she looked unsure of her own actions. For a change, she didn't try to grab or prod me like Max's friends though...

(1 Week earlier)

"WHAT is happening?! HOW are we losing?" A boy screamed from Max's room.

"Do something?!! Ahhh!!?!"

"Dang it! We've lost to this one guy like 8 times already?!"

It was times like these that I felt fortunate to have earmuffs. I could hear them even with the things on my ears, despite the three boys being upstairs. I was wandering in the kitchen, wondering if I should climb up the table and snatch some sleep on my sofa when suddenly the ground shook violently.

Doesn't take a genius to know who it was.

Two of them piled into the kitchen, clearly  having rage-quit. I smirked at the thought. I'd like to thank whoever did this personally. It's a huge relief they'll be leaving sooner. But as my unparalleled luck dictates, they just HAVE to come right towards me. I froze at the spot. Right then and there, my mind screamed to run off but my muscles locked down in fear. They were still a few good meters from me, but they could close that distance in seconds.

"Hey, what's THAT?"

"Dunno...?" The other one said while taking a huge step towards me.

RUN.

Ok brain, you win. I tried to run as fast as possible, almost proud that I nearly set a world record for midget sprinting when I crashed head on into the ground. I had come to a halt instantly, but the relatively massive kid had a problem. Or rather, he came to a halt by slamming down his foot centimeters away from me. My eyes widened as a feeling of pure horror washed over me. I tried to just get up and run, but the ground wouldn't move. Instead the whole world shifted upwards as I was held by 2 fingers in a tight pinch.  In less than a second I came before 2 amber eyes, staring down with such curiosity that I could practically see my own reflection. I desperately tried to get the pincer grip off of me, punching and kicking to no avail. By the time I stopped, the other boy was also staring at me.

"Are you a borrower?"

"WHAT?!" I screamed, more in pain than anger as the two fingers I was held by squeezed me hard.

"Dude, that's a dumb question! Just get that jar or she'll escape!"

"NO! I-I'm not a borro-"

My words were cut short as I was roughly put into a glass jar, with the lid slamming down. Wait. How'd they even find that?! It's like they knew abou-

My train of thought derailed as I went flying from one side of the jar to other, thanks to them running on the stairs with me in a jar. I'd like to kill these idiots, but for now my fury is closed in this jar. They just ran ahead, till they were right outside Max's room.

"Max! Max! We found something!"

"What is it?" Came a disinterested voice from the room.

"You won't believe it, but we found a borrower!"

"A wha- NO! Guys that's NOT a borrower!" Max screamed as he dashed out of the room and snatched the jar from the boy's hands, sending me flying across once again. The jar was lowered, and I sighed in relief as I was gently put on a table. Thankfully, that accursed jar was removed from my vision.

"Max, what are you DOING?!"

"Guys, relax! This is Amy, my elder sister. She had ACSD, so definitely NOT a borrower!"

"ACS- what, again?"

"That disease which shrinks you down?"

"Yep, that's the one." All three sets of gigantic eyes look down at the table the second the words left my mouth. The first kid, the same one who put me in a jar came closer and without warning, poked me. I fell back with a startled yelp. And before I could say anything, Max started issuing commands.

"Guys, just back off!"

"Fine, fine. We'll meet again, hm?" The other boy looked at me with a smile that looked too genuine to be true. They said their goodbyes to Max as they left, giving me a final 'I'll be back' look. Max sighed loudly as he asked me if I was okay or not.

Believe me, I'm far from okay.

But this incident had made me skeptical of people... regardless of who they were.

(Present)

Emma has been staring me from close quarters since the last ten minutes. Needless to day, I am uncomfortable. I tried looking around, to find something to distract myself, or better yet, distract Emma. Okay... nothing. I'll just stretch and walk around the table then. I just got up from my sofa and before I could take a single step, Emma yelped and fell backwards. I ran across the table to see her getting up again.

"Emma, are you alright?"

"Huh? Sorry, I, uhh, I can't hear you..." She said as she quickly piled on a chair, rubbing her head while giving me a smile.

"It's okay, I'm fine. Sorry I startled you, I know it must have been like a car crash from your perspective."

Actually, more of a bomb blast... but this is close enough.

This is when I started noticing. Emma kept her distance, even while observing me. She didn't grab me or even prod me or anything like people usually do. She looked as if she knew what it was like... and then it hit me. Or rather, she spilled the beans herself.

"Amy, you're going to a school for the first time, right?"

"Yeah... I've been home schooled till now. I'm starting grade 11, tomorrow."

"And  your school doesn't happen to be St. Agatha's, right?"

"H-how did... did mom tell you?"

"No, actually my homeroom teacher did. She said that we'd be getting a new student, who was formerly an ACDS patient-"

"You mean ACSD?"

"Yeah. And your mom told me that you'd be coming with me to the school. So there we were, preparing for 2 new students. We were, umm, supposed to welcome the downsized student to the class. And I thought that since you would be coming too, I'd have to tell you about it. But turns out, the new student and my cousin are the same person!"

"That's quite the story."

"Yeah. I can't imagine the look on my friends' faces when I tell them that my cousin, Amy, is the downsized student!"

 "Yeah..." I thought I imagined myself flanked by giants from all directions. Not how I wanted school.

"So what's your favorite place?"

Now this is a question I can't answer easily. I've practically never been outside for long, except for occasionally going to the mall once every few months. My own relatively gigantic home had 'places' I liked anyways, the favorite being my penthouse.

"I like going to the mall, but my favorite place is pretty much my penthouse."

God, that would sound weird without context.

"Your what?"

"That must have sounded weird," I said as I laughed. "It's my room."

"Oh." She said, as if analyzing every word I said, processing everything. Good for her, all my brain knew was to pull the trigger on anything as soon as it appeared. That was easy, since I practically had two choices in most incidents. Run, or speak. Emma had much more choices, and could make me do whatever she wanted. But she didn't. She wanted to watch TV, but didn't force me into it. I breathed in as I walked to the remote, which was 16 feet high to me.

"Unghhh!" I grunted as I kicked the start button and the huge screen came to life. Emma was taken aback, but recovered instantly on seeing the screen. I was about to change channels from anything but news, when Emma said quietly, "It must be like a cinema to you..."

"Nah, a cinema's bigger."

"You've been to the movies?" She asked incredulously.

"Yeah, a bunch of times with Max. I don't go too often though. It's weird for most people to see a small person riding on someone's shoulder at times, and it's too loud outside anyways."

"Is that why you're wearing those-"

"Earmuffs? Yeah. They help, but only to an extent. What do you want to watch?"

"I just want to be with you."

To watch you scream. The words finished in my head.

No.

I took a step back at the remark. Emma, my sweet cousin, wouldn't do anything like that. I probably just understood it wrong. She just said that she wants to be with me, stop freaking out. It's not like you have a tiny vocabulary. You heard it right. Before my brain could continue with the paranoid thoughts, Emma spoke up.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean it that way, I just wanted to um, talk with you! Really!"

"It's fine, no problemo."

You better not make me regret this decision, Emma!

"So, you wanna see my room?"

"Y-yeah, if you're fine with it... of course!"

"Then lets go! It's upstairs, and-"

Before I could finish, Emma got up and went straight for the stairs. I stared for a second, and then realized that if I wanted to get up there before 2 hours, I had to hitch a ride.

"EMMA?!"

She was startled, and turned around to look at me standing on the table. It must have been a comical sight but she clearly refrained from laughing as she came towards me, stopping inches from the actual table.

"Uhh... how do I... carry you?"

"Just lay your open palm upside down."

She did as she was told, and I climbed on the fleshy platform. She stiffened, and that sinking feeling you get when you realize that the 'platform' you're standing on is actually muscle hit me with full force. I chose to ignore it, like usual.

Emma took slow, considerate steps, trying not to accidently knock me over but it happened anyways. But I must say, despite that, she handled me pretty gently. After what seemed like hours, we passed the final stair.

Ha! Take that stairs! Victory is mineeeee!

But my victory was short lived. As soon as we stopped, Emma brought me up to face level, until all I could see was her emerald green eyes. My entire vision was engulfed by her house sized face, and even though I was sitting on her open palm, I couldn't help but feel trapped. Then, a warm gust of wind passed by me as she spoke.

"Amy, where is your room?"

"Right there! The second door."

There was no need to say anything, as she lowered me back to chest level and proceeded to the said room. She entered the room, and her eyes widened. She's probably surprised that everything is normal sized.

"This is mom's room, mine's there." I said while pointing to the penthouse. She looked around for a second, almost confused where to look. When her eyes landed on the small structure, she advanced right towards it, and put me down at the entrance.

"You live in this?!"

"Yeah... It's got everything,  just like a normal house, except for the workshop, that is. It's waaay better than the standard housing they provide, though."

"Honestly, I'm surprised. I seriously thought you lived in a dollhouse or something!"

"Well, dollhouses aren't exactly comfortable. And they're too big anyways."

"Yeah... mind giving me a tour?"

"Of course not! Just take the front wall out!"

"Take the what? "

"Take the front wall out, it's detachable. Don't give me that look, it wasn't my idea."

She nodded as she proceeded to unlatch the wall, and place it on the ground carefully. She sat down cross legged and stared at everything with visible curiosity as I went 'inside' the thing.

"So the bottom room is something of a lobby, with some storage as you can see. The second and third floor is mostly my workshop, or lab as I call it. It's got pretty much the random stuff I make now and then. After that, we got fourth floor, storage. Fifth floor has a small kitchen, my phone and is practically my living room. Finally, the sixth floor is my bedroom."

"Wow, it's so... detailed!"

"Thanks, I painted it myself. The brush was a pain, so we ended up replacing most of the paint with wallpapers. Though the bedroom walls are pretty much my abstract art!" I beamed as she looked at the interiors with that same curious gaze she's sported ever since she saw me.

By now, I had climbed up to the bedroom, and was sitting on the bed when Emma's massive face almost crashed in. She instantly pulled back, while I fell beside my bed. I looked up to her with a dazed scowl, an expression I only gave to Max. The message got through, and she started her apology.

I was about to speak up, when I was interrupted for the I don't know how many'th time in the same day. Just think, if normal people feel annoyed when they are interrupted, imagine what the tiny me would feel like. What I wouldn't give for being normal...

The thundering footfalls were pretty much all I needed to focus on reality rather than my crazed imagination. As the giant figure came into view, I almost choked on my breath- in relief.

"Maxwell Edwards. Took you long enough."

"Nice to meet you too, Amy. Hello, Emma!"

"Emma, this is Max."

"I thought that you just introduced me."

"Can't be too sure."

Our bickering would have continued indefinitely had it not been for Emma being in the same room. She probably realized this, and thankfully interrupted the cold war.

"Hi Max!"

Though she could have made a better effort.

"I'm surprised either of you aren't freaking out..." Max murmured, barely audible to Emma but clear as day to me. Emma finally decided to open her mouth, and tried to make small talk. Not small to me though.

"Well, I kinda knew that a downsized student was about to join in our class. So I was prepared. As for Amy, she says that she's fine."

"That's what she says for everything."

It was true. I always say 'this is fine'. Mostly it's not, but I just don't want people to worry for no reason whatsoever. It's usually a problem only I can understand, and nobody else gets it because they are too big to understand.

"Come on, Max. It's fine, really." I said as I looked up at the two giants above me. Max was skeptical, but let it go. He knew it was no use arguing with me. And then there's Emma, the silent audience. Unnerving as it is, I refuse to be intimidated. I am intimidation incarnate.

We've all run the simulations - they're tough, but they ain't invincible!

This is nothing like the simulations, there are giant people and there's the unfamiliar cousin on the loose in the same room as me. Not to mention the giant everything else which can tear me apart like paper. And don't even talk about the fact that I'm supposed to go to school of all places while being 3- no 3.3 inches tall! Nice one, brain. To be noted.

A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent. Thanks William Blake.

An awkward silence followed as I finished my silent rants. All our eyes  were locked on each other, with my glare being the most intense and Max giving in as usual. He looked more uncomfortable than he really was, but I let him go.

"How about lunch, guys?" He suggested, with a grin, as a giant hand shot out to grab me.

"Thought you'd never ask!" I said, dodging the car sized thing with ease. He tried to get me again, but thanks to the me-sized furniture and not a hundred feet tall chair, I managed to avoid him each time till he gave up and placed his palm upside down. I win.

To be fair, being too small the whole time teaches you to be faster, stronger and smarter.

Thing is... does it teach you by trial and error, or does it teach you by sledgehammer...

What I didn't notice was the mortified expression of Emma's face during our little 'antics'. She looked horrified, and there's no way to politely put it. She tried to look calm as she loomed over me, standing at full height. Max was still crouched, so for me it's practically like staring up a building.

"Amy, a-are you fine with... this?"

"Don't judge us, Emma. You haven't seen me beating up Max like a ragdoll yet!" I laughed as the scowl on Max's face became more profound. He refrains from talking about our little... incident. One in which despite my obvious disadvantage, I beat Max both verbally and physically. It was crazy, but if it happened, it happened. And I don't let go of my victories.

"Let's head down, hm?" Max suggested more out of desperation than hunger. Noticing that I was about to recount the memory, he went ahead with performing his dirtiest trick. He patted my head with a finger, and I tumbled back at the sudden impact mostly because of the uneven surface I stood on.

Then without a word, both the giants dashed downstairs as mom called out for lunch. We came to the dining table, but Max didn't put me down at my usual chair. It sat atop the dining table, with another table to go with it. And of course, it was scaled for someone 3 inches tall.

"Kill me or release me Max, but do not waste my time with talk!" I screeched as he finally put me down after asking me several times not to open the skeletons in the closet. Ah, how much I love being the drama queen, I thought as I looked around to see Emma staring at me, or rather my plate.

"Amy, are you sure that's enough?" She asked, eyeing my  tiny pieces of pasta and comparing it with her own plate, which was normal to her but more of a mountain to me.

"I don't need nearly as much as you do, Em."

"But still, is that all you'll eat? It doesn't look like much..." She said, clearly not minding the nickname I gave her.

"Size difference, remember? This is a full plate to me. Yours however, is more of a hill."

"But-"

"I also happen to be more fit than you'll ever be."

"Hey! I weigh like- 50 kilos! I'm fit!"

"And I weight 5 grams. I'll always be fitter."

Emma gasped at my weight, murmuring, "No wonder I didn't fell your weight..." when Max quipped- "Ignore that, Emma. Amy just loves jabbing everyone about their weight, 'cause there's no one to challenge her anyways."

The rest of the meal went in silence, and of course I finished first. I got up and was about to use the ladder to get off the actual table when Emma spoke, "Are you done?"

"Yep"

"It took you like, 5 minutes!"

"I didn't have to eat pasta hill, remember?"

And to display her annoyance, she visibly chewed with an open mouth. I nearly gagged at the sight, before commenting, "Emma in her natural habitat."

I got a glare from mum as she silently mouthed 'don't misbehave' both to me and to Max, who had to halt his own wry comments and continue with his meal. I got down as quickly as possible, despite Max's attempts to shake the table and Emma's occasional giggle. Once I was on the floor, I didn't really have any destination. So here I was- Amy Edwards, 3 inch tall daredevil walking to nowhere. After 20 minutes of trudging through the carpet, I found myself in the hallway walking aimlessly yet again. When the ground rumbled again, I took no notice- it's the usual. I've grown so used to it that it doesn't even affect me much now. What my brain conveniently left out was that Emma hadn't been around me that much, and didn't see where she stepped.

When the shadow fell over me quite literally, I turned around expecting to see Max preparing to prank me. What I got instead was a shock as Emma was coming right towards me, while I stood right in the center of the hallway. And no, she did not bother to look down. Instead, she was staring at the wall to the far left, and smiled sweetly.

"EMMA! NO, WAI-" This was all I could say as the car sized foot slammed into the ground just as I evaded it by centimeters. I was dead silent, so quiet that I thought I was dead and this was the afterlife. But after Emma crossed the gap and turned to another door, I got back up and ran the other way. To where? I don't know. Anywhere higher up would do.

Thought I'd try ranting my way out. Mix things up a little.

But it's more complicated than that. Emma may have been impossibly huge, but she was waayy more sensitive than I am, at least emotionally. I don't want to hurt her feelings. Oh, who am I kidding! I'm just doing this to not come off as weak.

The truth is out there. But so are lies.

Brain, if you don't knock it off, I'll knock you unconscious.

Ok, how about rainbows, unicorns and forests-

Last warning!

Lets go bug Max!

Good brain, that's how it's done!

Emma left soon after, and we waved each other goodbye. She apologized yet again for the 15th time about startling me when we just met, and we confessed that it was quite fun. She even promised to introduce me to her friends so that I'd actually have a chance at knowing my classmates.

As terror inducing as it is, I shall cut into the heart of this situation, go to school, and burn any problems that stand in my way! I will have fun and nothing will stop me!

I stared at the impossibly bigger world outside my home. It was gigantic, even by normal standards, but for me, it's so big I can't even describe it. It looks beautiful though. Sometimes I wish I were normal just to sit in the grass while it wouldn't come chest level with me and just stare into the wilderness...

I gave a content sigh as we went back inside, with me cupped in Mom's hands. So, Emma as a threat is officially off of my exhaustive list of problems. She's quite the softie, and hearing her description of her (and my) class, it's going to be fine. I almost laughed at the fact that I was terrified before meeting her. She fell into my 'definitely not a threat' category of people. Max's friends, on the other hand were on the top of my 'immediately destroy' list...

Mom put me down at my penthouse, and I found myself at the phone seconds later. It's actually too big for me to work as a phone, so it actually doubles as a huge TV and smartphone. Emma had turned out to be so nice and gentle, but there's no way I'll let my guard down at school.

Turning to the final point, I wonder about my second cousin, the mystery kid whose name isn't even known to me or Max. And he would be staying with us. I could hope that he'd be as nice as Emma, seeing that we are family and he is Aunt Anna's son- one of the few people who treated me courteously and not like a fragile baby.

I could only hope that it stays pleasant.

What could possibly go wrong with a gigantic unknown cousin and a gigantic school I'd never been to? Lots of things. But I'll somehow wriggle through, just like I always have, and always will.

That's the one thing keeping me sane, keeping me occupied.

That's the one thing keeping my cool...

----------

Here comes Emma... with a chapter 3 times longer than the standard sub-2000 words. This is the longest chapter till now, sporting 6437 words of story!

Hello!

It's taken a while, but chapter 5 is up now.

If you find any mistakes please don't hesitate to point them out, as they will only improve the story!

I would love to hear your views, or even what you think is going to happen...

Now is where the fluff begins! Believe me, Emma is overprotective. The school will be interesting though...

Thanks for reading!

----------

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

186K 4.2K 70
Tess is exactly like every other teenage girl Yet this human didn't live where you'd expect, actually an entire other world all together. Earth havin...
20.5K 384 34
Alina is everything her family isn't she smart and bright, not the general killer of thief's that make up her family. It's no wonder she had been on...
1.6K 34 4
On the surface, Genevieve Lancaster appears like any other normal girl. She gets good grades in college, she works a small job at a local supermarket...
24.9K 722 24
(For all the people who do not understand what GT is, it stands for Giant&Tiny.) A 16year old girl, who is living by herself due to an accident, find...