Mafia's collateral (M Book2)

By Chick_ennugget

Seraphina Allen has been struggling through life, trying to make ends meet. But the more she lives, the more... More

Crashing Down
Into the waves
Collateral
Art work
Cold bastard
The pain in me
What to think of it all?
Trouble is never far
A Job
Lux
Unknown fear
Exposed
Scar
The feeling of shame
Blood
The pain of my wolf
A softer side
Burning apartment
Trust your guts
His place
Unconscious
Stolen Item
The shadow at the window
The kid shouldn't be isolated
Special Event
Serve
'Beautiful'
His Broad Back
The heartthrob
Kindergarten problem
Brother figure
Of all the thing that could happen
Special service
First Attack
One save
Reminder of what he is
Think again
Between rogues
Between rogues-Fight
Am I a pervert?
Bringing her back
Clean up
RUT
Crushed hope
Broken Heart
Broken Mind
Nothing but despair
My wolf
Can I say it?
Only Hope
Big things
How to seduce?
I think it might work
Something sweet
Secret helpers
Marriage?
Be Assertive
Banshee
Missing Door
The surprise
Confess
A little bit of suspicion
The picture
He's gone
Feeling lost
Interrogation
Bad Decisions
Run
Let's make a deal
Looming Threats
He was using me

Gut feeling

494 29 13
By Chick_ennugget

>>Seraphina

"ERIS!?!??!" I screamed her name, making Bezof flinch. He turned to look at me and then came running towards us.

Panic surged through me, my heart racing as I rushed to Eris's side. I reached out to touch her, my fingers trembling as my hand brushed against her forehead, a wave of dread washed over me—a searing heat radiated from her skin, sending shivers down my spine.

She was burning up with fever,

Oh my God! Since when was this happening!??! She looked fine until a few minutes ago!!

With shaking hands, I scooped Eris into my arms, cradling her close as I carried her. Tears welled in my eyes as I watched over her, helpless to do anything.

"Hospital," That's all I could think about, "I have to take her to a hospital!!!"

"I'll help," Bezof took Eris from me.

"Should we call an ambulance?" I was panicking, "No, wait, that would take so much time!!" I looked at Bezof with my heart pounding in my chest, "What do we do?!?!"

"Miss, calm down," He walked towards the door and I automatically followed him, "There is a car parked in the garage, we can take that,"

"We can?" That was all I asked. It didn't even cross my mind to ask who it belonged to and why we could take it.

"Yes," He began to jog, "Come with me,"

***

>>Azef

I made my way to the hospital in my car. I got a call from Bezof who explained the whole situation to me. But just as I reached the parking area, my phone buzzed in my pocket.

I took it out as I exited the car, the screen was lighting up with an unknown caller.

I clicked my tongue. I had no reason to take the call but I swiped the green icon anyway.

"Who is this?" I began to walk toward the entrance.

"Azef Greer," Came a voice on the other end that seemed somewhat familiar. "I need to talk to you. It's important."

"It better be," I replied as I pressed the button on the elevator and waited for it to open, "You're calling at a very bad time," I almost growled into the phone.

"Well, we've met before,"

"When?"

"Considering you don't remember it must mean nothing to you, but you threw me into a wall."

"...?" The elevator opened and I stepped inside

"Well, it's fine if you don't remember," He said, "I'll let the fact slide that you plunged me into a wall, if you agree with my condition."

"And that is?"

"I'll cut to the chase. Seraphina Allen is living with you," The fact that he knew about her and that she was living with me didn't sit well with me,

"And?"

"Her family is indebted to me, I'm not asking you for anything, just give the girl to me."

"No," I replied, and cut the call. I let out a sigh as the elevator opened. That was a waste of time. I began to walk towards the place Eris was taken when I got the call again. It was from the same number so I canceled the call and blocked the number

When I reached the place, I saw the doctor and Seraphina standing by a bed in the general ward, "It seems one of her burns got infected," The doctor was explaining.

"What?" Seraphina was frantic, "How?!"

"That's something I would like to ask you," The doctor answered but his tone was suspicious, "Was there an incident where her bandages got wet or you changed them but didn't apply them back right?" His expressions were stern, "I told you to make sure to clean them nicely before rebandaging them."

"I did!" She protested, "And I haven't touched them after cleaning them twice, I applied new, clean strips, I did everything as you told me to do!"

Ah, shit

Did Eris's wound get infected then? When that twit threw water on her? She was soaked then.

Shit, it must be then.

I should have thought about something like this happening. My mind didn't even think about this possibility. I didn't tell Seraphina about this and neither did Eris. If we had, she might have taken care of it. But the reason we kept quiet was so that she wouldn't worry about Eris.

I bit the side of my lower lip.

That was a mistake on my part.

The doctor sighed, "Well, for now we've given her the required treatment,"

"Doctor," I reached them and they both looked at me. I'll talk to the doctor privately, since we didn't inform Seraphina before, it's better she doesn't know about it now either.

"Azef?" She looked at me in surprise.

"I'll take it from here," I approached the doctor, "You can watch over Eris,"

***

>>Seraphina

I watched Azef take the lead. He talked things out with the doctor in a distance from where I was, while I remained with Eris. I was sitting on a stool beside her bed while she was still unconscious. She had a drip attached to her arm and the doctor said everything had been taken care of, yet I couldn't stop worrying.

A few days ago she almost died in a fire, she hasn't even recovered from those injuries and now she's burning up like crazy. I brought my thumb to my mouth and began to bite my nail

Why does this keep happening? I keep trying to do things right but something always seems to go wrong. My heart was in a frenzy of worry. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I needed to see she was breathing fine. I needed to see she was still here. My eyes stung as my chest felt tight.

"She'll be fine," Azef said as he came over, "It's nothing to worry about," I was so lost in worry that when he spoke, it made me flinch. But it also snapped me out of my trance and I let out a shaky breath.

"Really?" I looked at him with fear drumming in my body, "She'll be fine?"

He nodded, "Nothing's going to happen to her." He came and stood beside the bed to look at Eris, "A fever like this can be brought under control very easily." He looked back at me, "She'll sleep through the hard phase, so you don't have to worry."

"Her fever hasn't broken yet," I wiped the corners of my eyes

"The doctor said it'll take some time, she's been given all the necessary things." He assured me, "She'll be fine in the morning."

I felt a weight lift from my shoulders. The tension that had been coiled tight within me began to unwind, which was odd. The doctor told me she'll be fine too, but Azef's words seem to calm me down more.

"I hope so," I whispered as I stared at Eris.

Azef walked over to me and stood before me, his gaze soft and understanding, "Hey, look at me," He snapped his fingers in front of my face and I turned to look at him, "I said, she'll be fine." His words were firm, "So, she'll be fine," His eyes were so clear and resolute, it made the doubt in my mind clear up. And then my heart warmed up, making me feel all cozy.

There he goes again. I gulped as I stared at my boss. He's helping us out like it's his duty.

My heart drummed oddly as I kept my eyes on him. He even left work to come and see us.

"She'll be fine," He reached out to wipe a tear that welled in the corner of my mouth but I had been so overwhelmed with emotion that I didn't think anything through. Without a second thought, I stepped forward and enveloped him in a tight embrace, my arms wrapping around him as if seeking solace in his embrace.

!!!

I felt his body flinch at my action but he didn't push me off or say anything about it.

For a moment, we stood there, locked in a silent embrace. It felt nice, my body against his seemed to provide me with a calming effect. I do realize this was selfish of me and I was acting very immaturely but I couldn't help it. It was something my body did without my brain.

And a few seconds into the hug, I realized how stupid my action was and I moved away.

"Sorry," I looked away in shame, "I don't know what got into me,"

He might think I'm weird and the only reason he might not have pushed me off could be because he pities me. My heart hurt at those thoughts but I had to accept that it might be true. Why else would he do this?

"How about we let her sleep?" He said, "I'll take you home for now,"

I shook my head, "I'll stay here with her, for the night." I sat back down on the stool, "I can't leave her on her own."

He watched me, but I was determined, so in the end he sighed, "Alright," He began to walk away, "I need to get back to work,"

***

>>Eris

There was something drumming in my head. A loud soundless voice. A vibration.

It was telling me to wake up. It was telling me something was wrong.

A weird feeling tugging at my body

WAKE UP!

I shot my eyes open. My skin was sweaty while my eyes darted around. I found myself on a hospital bed. There were white curtains around me, separating the beds in the form of cubicles in the general ward.

I gulped, my lips and throat were dry.

I looked around my space but no one was with me. Just an empty stool. My heart was beating fast and I heard the sound of footsteps approaching. The whole place was so dead silent, I could hear the sound of distant footsteps.

There was a bad feeling in my chest.

...

I hopped down from the bed and went to grab the white curtain. I didn't remove it, I only peaked through it to see who was outside.

!!!

But the only man I saw was a tall person, in all black, his face was covered and he was holding a gun with a silencer.

And he was walking towards me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154 9 4
Humans and Vampires. Two completely different entities. When their worlds suddenly collide, chaos and calamity are all that follows. Especially for A...
60.7K 1.4K 45
21 year old Victoria Moretti, is an assassin. She is an independent woman that doesn't rely on a man to do anything. She thinks they are a waste of t...
1.8K 85 25
Betrayed by her mate, Seraphina Nightly leaves to find her own happiness. In a world in turmoil will she be able to leave her past behind or does fat...
118K 3.2K 41
She began to fear every sound since she had met him. With every step she looked over her shoulder. Fear of him kept her wary. Trying to run from the...