Money Can't Buy Love

Od Hearts4Millie

based off of a glmm (gacha life mini movie) that I remember for some reason every couple months. so basically... Více

Prologue
Rejection
Compromise
Fire Vs. Ice
Underestimate
Freeze
[Finale] Apologize

Patience

44 3 7
Od Hearts4Millie

Hey, you enjoying the story so far? If you are, please consider following me! It makes me very happy, and to you, that means even more stories like this to enjoy, plus the opportunity to request short stories dedicated to you! Tysm for reading, and I hope you enjoy Chapter Four!

---------------~☆~---------------

I lay on the sunbed in our backyard, trying to relax. But dang, does my frostbite hurt. I try to take my mind off it, but nothing works. I was token of the hospital and they gave me ointments and medicine. I could feel it clearing up, but that didn't make the pain any better.

I look at my frostbite mark from a couple days ago. Why did I even suggest going over to Snowfall' s house to play War? Now that I think of it, that seems incredibly dumb. I shrug it off and concentrate on that moment we shared, watching the sunset on her balcony. She's so beautiful. I want her so badly... I want to hug her again. I wonder if she will reject me this time... No, that'll mess up our current potential friendship. I think as I watch the sunset at my own house. Hey, maybe, just maybe... Snowfall is watching the sunset as well.

I shook my head. I have got to stop thinking about that Glaceon. How could I not, though? She's everything I want in a girl. It was only then did I realize that, dang, I'm dog tired. I slink to my bedroom and hurtle myself into the bed. I'm exhausted. A curled up so tight that my nose was stuffed in my fluffy tail.

The next morning, I got up and walked into the kitchen, as always. I was met by my dad, who was making himself some coffee.

"Mornin', Champ," he said. "Morning, Dad. Where's Lavendar and Magic" I ask. "Lavendar's at her friend's. She woke up early, they were going on a vacation. Magic is still asleep, I bet'cha." No fair. Lavendar has all the fun. "Oh. How many days of Sprung Break do we have left? I lost track." My dad took a look at the calendar. "Plenty. Five days," he said.

"If you don't mind, could I go to a friend's house? Their house is right down the block." I inform. "Sure, but at least make yourself presentable first." Trust me, with where I was going, I'd never forget to make myself presentable.

I got ready for the day and headed over to Snowfall's house. I knocked on her door, and I was greeted by a Vaporeon. From what I remember, this was Snowfall's brother.

"Hello. Is Snowfall home?" I asked. "Mhm, she's just inside. Come on in," he said, smiling. I nod and smile, and step inside. This house was already nice, with a clearing in the entrance with two staircases on either side of the room which led to a second floor, visible from here. Oh, and they had a chandelier.

"Dang, this house is nice," I say. "What does your family do for a living?" The Vaporein laughed and said, "Work a lot. Particularly, in a software designing company." My mouth dropped. "You design softwares?" The Vaporeon nods. "Yup. My dad, Paprika the Flareon - he works for PokéTech." I nod. "That's so cool. That's, like, the biggest technology company known to Pokékind." He nods and smiles, then calls for Snowfall. "Sis, you have a visitor!" He calls.

Snowfall walked down the stairs. Her eyes went wide when she saw me. She rushed over. "Aries, hi! How good it is to see you! Let's go outside." She said, practically shoving me out the door. "Oh, well... you two have fun!" The Vaporeon said, waving. Snowfall turned to him, still pushing me, and flashed a fake smile as we rushed dout the door.

"What are you doing here!?" Snowfall said with a stern look. "I was thinking of hanging out," I said casually. "Without telling me??" I scoffed. "Sorry. I don't know your number." "Well you should've asked for it! Now you've embarrassed me in front of my brother!"

"What's so bad about that?" The Glaceon looked at me with a stern look. "He thinks we're dating, Aries! He won't leave me alone about it!" I looked at her, dumbfounded. Of course. "If you really don't want me here, I'm going home." I say. She stops me. "Wait - you can't leave!" She said as I stopped in my tracks, halfway through the front yard. "Why not?" I say, tilting my head and narrowing my eyes at the Ice-Type.

"Because you're already here. So don't go." She said. "Why do you still want me here? You want nothing to do with Flareons, I thought. Why do I break the rules for you?" She stared at me, then finally said, "Fine. Then go."

I walked back to my house. Why did I think that Snowfall would want me over? Now it all seems stupid - that argument we just had, how I embarrassed her. I shouldn't have done that. But nows not the time for pity - I've got to think of a way I can make her mine... stat.

Obviously, handing her money didn't work. But if that didn't, what else would? Only one 'mon came to my mind at the thought - Obsidian. Obsidian the Shiny Umbreon. I texted him asking if I could come over and that I was sorry it was such short notice. He said yes, and I rushed over.

"What's cookin', good lookin'?" Obsidian said, punching me in the arm playfully. I returned the punch and said, "Nothin' much, how about you?" He shook his head. "Anyways, what're you here for?"

"How do I make a girl mine?" I said. I looked into his soul in his glassy, yellow eyes. "Woah, woah. What?" He said, backing up. "You've got all the girls wrapped around your finger." He nodded his head. "They're just attracted to me. I can't help it." He said, shrugging. "And besides, I couldn't help you if you don't even say who you're trying to get."

"I'm trying to get Snowfall to like me." Obsidian looked at me with a confused face. "Who even is that?" I face-pawed myself. "The new Glaceon student." I said, rolling my eyes. "She's cute, and I want her to ve my girlfriend. I offered her money and she rejected me."

"Huh. Then I really don't know how to help you," the Shiny Umbreon said. "Sorry." I looked down in disappointment as i hoped i would get useful advice. "It's alright. I'll see you tomorrow at school." The Dark-Type waved goodbye, and I did too as I walked out of the house.

I sulked home, unsure of how to get my priorities straight. Snowfall is all I want right now, and if I couldn't get her, I was practically dead.

It was getting dark now, so I trudged to bed tiredly. I fell into a deep sleep, then I woke up - but hey, this isn't my bed! Who in the world took me!?

I jolted upright to a Vaporeon that I soon recognized was Riptide. I looked at the pristine white sheets that I was lying on. I was cold. Why was I cold? I don't like it like this.

"Sis, we're gonna be Kaye if you don't get up!" Said Riptide, shaking me. "Hey, stop!" I said, getting him to stop. "I'm not your sister, I'm Aries." I said. "Uh- no, you're Snowfall." Said the Water-Type. I looked down at myself, and sure enough, I was a Glaceon, particularly, a Miscolored Shiny named Snowfall.

"Huh!? I need to wake up. Slap me!" I said as his arm came across my face in a flurry. "Harder!" I screamed. "Hey, chill. Why do you want me to slap you?" He said. "Just do it!" I said as I found myself flung across the room because of the hard smack the Vaporein gave me with his tail. It didn't wake me up; it just hurt.

"Yowch!" I said. Then, darkness enclosed around me. Compared to my other dreams, that was definitely on the odder side of them. Then, I woke up again, except it was like I was a ghost hovering around this other Pokémon - an Eevee, bounding and playing in a wheat field overlooking a cabin below.

I saw something in the wheat that the Eevee didn't. I immediately recognized it as a Flareon. I couldn't move, come any closer, or even rotate myself to completely see. I could only move my eyes, which I thought was very weird.

The Flareon pounced on the Eevee, who who was just before playing in the wheat. An adolescent voice coming from the Flareon said: "Hah! Tonight's dinner will be great," as the Flame Pokémon encircled the Eevee. The originally beige fluff on its head, around its neck and its tail were now bright flames, sending embers - and crops - burning everywhere.

She pounced on the Eevee once more, using moves that i recognized and knew, such as Will-O-Wisp, Swift, and Fore Fang. The Eevee used Swift, but it didn't seem to do anything to the opposing Flareon, who was now kicking the Eevee in her side. A lot.

The Flareon sent the little Eevee airborne, flinging her into the air and burning her, not seeming to care if she burnt this little trespasser to a crisp.

Another Eevee appeared on the horizon. He used Swift, and the Flareon retaliated with a Flamethrower attack. It all happened in a blur. All I could remember is that somehow, someway, the Eevee got out - but with a horrible burn mark on her chest... the same one Snowfall had. Wait- that couldn't possibly have been Snowfall, couldn't it!?

Then I was put in the Eevee's perspective. I fought hard, trying to use Moves that I knew, though they barely affected the much stronger Flareon. Who was this Flareon?

I woke up screaming. Lavendar was in my room. "Hey, hey." The Espeon said. "What're you screaming for?" She asle.d "I was- Flareon- Eevee- wheat-" she shushed me with her forked tail. Eventually, Magic had arrived as well. "You go to bed, Sis. I can handle this Flareon." Lavendar nodded and walked out tiredly.

"Wat happened?" The Umbreon asked, sitting on the edge of my bed. I explained te whole story to him, including the first dream of how I asked Riptide to slap me.

"Just go back to bed, and it will all bebetter, i promise." He reassured as he cut off the lights, closed the door, and head to his room. As if that was even easy.

I woke up the next morning. It was still spring break, but I was an early riser anyway, although I didn't want to be. It came naturally, and it flowed through the family - from my mom's side, actually. But she was gone. I don't miss her.

"Hey, Champ." My dad said as usual as I walked into the kitchen to find him making coffee. "We're almost out of coffee, so I'm going to head to Postie's Market to buy some more. And also get groceries." He continued. "Okay. While you're out, could I go to my friends house? It's the same Pokémon I asked to visit yesterday," I say.

"Sure. Could you do me a favor and get your siblings in here? Lavendar needs to come with me, she's a troublemaker and I don't trust you or Magic to take care of her. Besides, she's only 10." Dad said. I nodded and I ran to get her. I stepped into Magic's doorway. "Dad will be out getting groceries, and ill be going to a friend's." I say as he nods dismissively.

Dad and Lavendar drove off, and I walked to Snowfall's house. Let's pray to Arceus that she let's me in this time.

I knock on the door. Riptide answers again. I jumped as he opened the door, and for a split second, I found myself hoping he wouldn't slap me. Then I remembered that was only my dream.

"Aye, Aries." Said the Vaporeon, holding up his paw for a high five. I smacked his paw playfully. "Hey Riptide. Is Snowfall here?" I asked.

"No, she won't be here for the rest of spring break. Im still jealous." I tilt Mt head, curious. "Of what?" Riptide sighed, and said, "She's at the Bahamas with a childhood friend, that somehow managed to get in contact with her last month."

My mouth dropped. First of all, the Bahamas!? Second of all, the rest of spring break!?

"Oh, okay. That's fine," I say, smiling. "You wanna come in? I'm getting bored." Riptide said as he opened the door a little more, a friendly gesture that meant "come inside now".

"Sure," I say, smiling as I walked in. We played video games, my mind dwelling around the Bahamas. I don't want to be patient to find love, but I guess I have to.

End of Chapter Four

In the next chapter...

"I wish I was still there. It was so fun!" I said. "Maybe you'll get to come again with me during the summer," Autumn said through the phone. I mod eagerly although she couldn't be there to see. "Yeah, maybe. Even so, that would be epic." I say. "Oh, how are things going with Aries?" She asked. "What do you mean?" I ask, horror-stricken. "Rumor is yall are dating." I hung up immediately.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

13.8K 510 50
*Featuring Pokémon in place of humans in the real world, Pokémon that normally walk on four legs can stand on their hind legs* Years after witnessing...
2.2K 26 45
A silly story of 9 silly Eeveelutions and an Eevee opening a silly Café and having silly (brutal) situations around everything. -violence -mention o...
855 37 21
This is my first time writing on Wattpad! If you have anything rude or unkind to say, please don't say it. I will take constructive criticism though...
17.6K 387 34
[warning This story maybe disturbing to some readers.] *Glaceon X Leafeon* This story is About a Leafeon named Nova (Female) and a Glaceon named Eric...