The feeling of love.

By anjaliarora97

Book #1 of series 'Game of destiny.' "प्रेम" Ajay Manholtra, once a sunshine soul, now a ruthless billionair... More

Before we start!
prologue ❤
Characters ❤
1. The beginning.
2. Sleeping pills
Not an update.
Character description!
3. Migraine
4. Holding back emotions
5. First meet!?
6. Tea break.
7. His mother's case.
8. Reports.
9. Dinner
10. Surgery?
11. Get married or let me die!
12. Alliance fixed?
12. Yes. I will.
13. Engagement date.
14. The family meet-up.
15. Contract X Date.
16. Ring.
17. Early morning tea.
19. First hug.
20. Him.
21. Haldi.
22. Mehndi.
23. Wedding.
24. The first night.
IG!
25. Saree.
26. Halwa.
27. Reception.
28. Jasmine X Lavender
29. Taekwondo skills!
IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!
30. The truth!
31. The breakdown.
32. Cooking?
Schedule.
33. Panic attack.
34. Honeymoon
35. Surgery
36. Nightmare
37. Call.
....
38. Cramps and Pills.
Sorry.

18. Engagement.

162 14 17
By anjaliarora97

Happy Mahashivratri to you all!!! 💕

Aaj humare Pyare Shiv ji aur parvati maa ke vivah ke shubh avsar per, mai apne leads, Ajay aur priya ka engagement kara rhi hu.
Doesn't matter chapter kitna lamba ho, aaj unki engagement ho jayegi!

Let's dive into chapter.

Words: 2007

Ajay's POV.

After having our morning tea, we drove to her house.

Reaching there i parked her car, and we stepped into her house. All the eyes were on us..

It took us whole 14 min to justify that where and why we went.

After we went and freshened up.

So now, it's 8:30 and I'm on dinning table waiting for Nidhi and Priya to come so we can have breakfast and leave.

"Aa gyi dono behene." Aunty said and my eyes involuntarily went to stairs.

Here she come, adorned in a simple pair of black suit. With a braid. A bindi. A red lipstick. How the heck she manages to look so beautiful every time? No makeup just a lipstick and bindi. Goddess.

Indeed. My subconscious said.

My woman.

Wait. What?

Aahh!

*Men in black kurta is good, but woman in black kurta.*

"Maa baba, Uncle Aunty, I'm really really sorry. I can't join you guys on breakfast. Mujhe office jana." Priya said.

"Per priya aisa kya baat hai?" Aunty asked her.

"Maa woh kal jo patient aaya tha usko dekhna tha. Aur Suryaveer ke khilaf complain karna hai." She said.

"Kaun Suryaveer?" Uncle askes.

"Papa jo ER ka head hai na, wahi. How can he be so irresponsible? Raat meir ER mein ek bhi senior ko alot nhi kiya tha. I have to complain about him. And I'm getting late. I have to leave." She said.

"Dr. Mehta you're a doctor, you know how much breakfast is important for us as it is first meal of our day. You shouldn't skip it." I taunted.

"And Mr. Manholtra you're a businessman, you should mind your own business!" She snapped and Sonal and Rohit laughed.

"Maa i will leave aap bas ek glass juice de do." She said and went to puja room.

Aunty was serving her juice, when she came and stood beside me (I'm sitting at the corner) and lifted my glass of juice and drank it.

"Woh mera tha. Aur stale tha." I said.

Her eyes widened and she chocked. She kept the glass back and said,
"Haa toh mujhe sapna thodi aaya tha!" She snapped and left for hospital.

Author's POV.

Two weeks passed and today is their engagement.

The two weeks passed without any interaction between 'the workaholic couple'.

The rings were bought on the shopping day only.

Ajay, with his family is driving to the venue. That is, THE  PARADISE  hotel.

He is wearing a simple yet elegant blue coloured sherwani. Hair all set. He is looking dangerously handsome, but a thing that's missing is his smile.

What can we do? He is like this only!

They all reached the venue and went inside and engrossed themselves in chatting, talking etc.

There were not too many guest. Just some close family members and some office colleagues.

A party for business partners will be held after marriage.

Ajay is sitting on the sofa kept on stage and Yuvraaj and Namit are beside him, talking or better say teasing him.

But Ajay is all unbothered by them. A different emotion is inside his heart. A sense of nervousness. Anticipation. Even if the marriage is contract marriage, he is still feeling how will he manage all this till one year? A responsibility, it's not like he is afraid of responsibilities, he have the responsibility of his whole family but still. A responsibility of a relationship. Even if it is fake, but still it holds a different significance for both of them.

Apart from knowing that the marriage is just for one year, and only for their families, they still have a feeling of fear inside them. Fear of losing something. Fear of not being able to handle a relationship. Fear of not standing upon hopes. Fear of breaking someone's heart. A feeling of sorrowness is engulfing them. They are repeatedly asking a question to themselves, i.e. 'What I'm doing, is this right?'. Right for their families? Right for them?

These thoughts are in mind of both of them. Despite having a havoc inside their minds, their faces remained unbothered. Nobody can tell after seeing their faces that what's going inside their minds.

Suddenly, a calm music started playing and Ajay's thoughts came to a halt. But as soon as he saw her, his breath hitched.

Priya, adorned in a heavy beautiful breathtaking lehenga, comes down. The blue lehenga sticking to her curves like they are stitched there. The dupatta doing nothing but adding to her beauty. Light, very light makeup. And hair braided in a beautiful style. Hands adorned with a simple yet beautiful Kangan. Diamond necklace adding to the beauty of her neck. A pair of earrings, hanging on her ear. Some strands of her hair, hanging on her face, blocking someone's view. A small blue bindi, adding to her beauty.

As she came down, being the epitome of beauty, everyone's gaze shifted towards the four ladies descending the stairs. Looking like goddesses.

(Priya's outfit)

Sadhvi, wearing a light blue colored lehenga, descends the stairs with her friend.

And Yuvraj, shocked by seeing her here, soom got lost in her beauty.

(Sadhvi's outfit)

Rani is wearing a dark blue lehenga, with a sky blue dupatta and open hair. Just looking breathtakingly gorgeous.

Namit's eyes stuck on her the moment see appeared. He wasn't shocked at all as he saw Rani 1 week before at her company when he went to take her ring size with Ajay. But today there was something else inside his heart.

(Rani's outfit)

Priya, with Sadhvi, Rani and Nidhi came down.

Someone's eyes were stuck on Nidhi too.

Nidhi was wearing a blue coloured Saree, that complimented her curves. With some oxidised jewellery.

Ravi, who was unbothered by anything till now, was just mesmerized by her looks. The way that saree compliments her body, the was bells of her chudi (bangles) made a jingling sound, did nothing just increased his heartbeat. He might get a heart attack.

The four epitome of beauty reached the stage and everyone's gaze shifted to Ajay. Thinking that he will forward his hand to help his lady to climb on stage, as being a gentleman.

Despite feeling everyone's gaze upon him, Ajay remained unbothered.
"Ajay. Go forward your hand. Help her to climb." Sakshi said to Ajay.

"Maa she can do it. Self independent woman you know." Ajay said but soon stood up to help his lady after receiving a death glare from his mother.

Ajay came towards the edge, and forwarded his hand to help Priya.

Priya, pissed off because of his behavior, held on her lehenga tightly and climbed the stage, without his help. Ignoring him like he doesn't even exist.

Ajay sighed and everyone chuckled.

After dropping Priya to stage Nidhi came to Ravi and whispered in his ears,
"Blink your eyes Mr. Jha. You're a neurologist, not a cardiologist."

This was enough to break his chain of thoughts. He looked at her and whispered in her ear,
"What can i do Ms. Mehta when a girl stole my heart. Cardiac arrest to aana hi hai."

Despite the bright colour of her blue saree, a crimson red colour adorned her cheeks.

Not able to stop her blushing, and butterflies in her stomach she ran towards her sister on stage.

"Hii." That's all Namit could say to Rani as his words stuck in his throat.

"Hello." She replied looking down. Not able to meet his intense gaze.

Both being introvert, didn't tried to utter a word in order to express their feelings.

Meanwhile, Yuvraaj was taking good time to digest what he just saw. He still didn't understand what Sadhvi was doing here?

On the other hand, it didn't took Sadhvi a minute to understand who is Yuvraaj and why he is here.

While the other couples were enjoying their times, The main couple was still unbothered by the surrounding, lost in their respective thoughts.

Both's heart was beating faster than usual. A sense of calmness yet anxiousness occurred in their minds. Anxiousness due to the surroundings, due to the upcoming life, due to the weight of unspoken promises that they are going to make. And calmness due to each other's presence.

Soon, the priest announced that the time of engagement came. And Nidhir came on stage with two rings, beautifully decorated in a plate, with flowers of Jasmine and Lavender.

*These two flower have some significance in story soo... Yaad rakhna.*

Both stood from their seats, and their parents came on stage, standing behind them. Providing an unspoken support. Telling them that they are beside their children whatever the situation is.

The priest chanted some mantras, and tied the holy thread (kalawa) on their hands.
After doing the puja of rings, the couple was told to exchange rings.

Both of them held the rings in their respective hands. They stood in front of each other, staring in each other's eyes. Trying to find a doubt or hesitation in each other's eyes. But found none. Yes, they were anxious, nervous, fearful and thoughtful but their was not an ounce of doubt. They were sure about what they are doing.

Yes, their was a feeling of sorrowness in their hearts, because they are gonna break their parent's heart. But still they knew what they are doing is correct....maybe.

Somewhere in the corner of their hearts, they knew that this engagement and this wedding isn't just for their families but for themselves. They knew that the person standing in front of them is the correct life partner for them. It is just that they didn't wanted to accept it.

Ajay, gently took her hand in his, and slowly slided the ring. Speaking the unspoken words and promises. His eyes remained stuck at her eyes. Their intense gaze spoke alot then words. He promised her, that even if the marriage is for one year, he will stand by her, support her. His unspoken words provided a warmth to her.

Priya, gently held his hand decided to slide the ring in his finger. But she wasn't able to handle the heaviness of his gaze and diverted her gaze before sliding down the ring. Even when she diverted her gaze, Ajay could still understand her unspoken words. Her promises, of supporting him, trusting him and loving him.

The chain of their thoughts was erupted by a wave of applause among the audience. Encouraging them for the upcoming chapters of their lives.

Deciphering each other's unspoken words they took their seats and the photoshoot started.

First with parents, then with uncle aunty.
Goes with their best friends. And their siblings. And then the guests.

Among the photoshoot Namit and Yuvraj reappeared on stage demanding a solo photo with the couple.

Namit stood behind Priya and Yuvraj behind Ajay.

Priya felt a hand on her shoulder and she shuddered. Namit bend down and spoke in her ears,
"Bhabhi? Aapke blouse ki dori aur upar ke do hook khule hue hai, fix it."

And then they both left the stage.

Hehe!
Kaisa laga?

Hope you all liked it.

Thank you so much for the vote. I know 2 or 3 votes may not be a great achievement for you all but it is for me.

Before, when i used to write chapters, ek din 2 views bhi nhi milte the.
And getting 3 votes in one day is indeed an achievement for me.

Thank you again and keep supporting.

There is another glimpse of her past coming in next chapter.

Is something going between Nidhi and Ravi?

What's your thoughts upon Yuvi and Sadhvi?

And what about Namit and Rani?

Follow me on ig : aa_writes97.

Kindly,
Vote,
Comment,
Share,
Aur kuch ho toh kar dena!

Radhe Radhe!
Yours Anjali 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 3.8K 18
"𝑰 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒐, 𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈...
1M 63.9K 54
• An arranged marriage love story • ❝ His soul was tainted with darkness, Hers was full of light. One without the other, they knew they wouldn't surv...
163K 7.5K 53
THE DEDICATION: "Passionate affairs of LOVE always unfold into TRAGIC TALES."
110K 6.9K 28
𝐀 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢 𝐗 𝐕𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐃𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 ˖°𓇼🌊⋆🐚🫧 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐈𝐯𝐚𝐚𝐧 𝐑𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐳 & 𝐑𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐚 𝐁𝐡�...