Red Oath [meenbabe]

By LaurenOverdxse

Aoom and Meena, born into families entrenched in a longstanding feud, are fated adversaries. As they navigate... More

Prologue
2: Legacy's Veil
3: Lethal Temptations
4: Predicaments
5: Her

1: The Heir

127 8 2
By LaurenOverdxse

In the heart of the city, where the skyline touched the clouds and the streets rumbled with the motion of life, Meena moved with direction. Her steps were an arrangement of commitment, each one carrying her closer to her destination. She was a woman on a mission, driven by ambition and engulfed by the ghosts of her past.

She had been raised in the shadow of her father's legacy, having been born into a world of privilege and wealth. He was a titan of industry, a high-profile businessman whose name commanded respect and whose influence expanded far beyond the confines of the city. Yet for Meena, his success was both a blessing and a curse: she was expected to continue carrying on his legacy, even as it was about to consume her.

As she made her way through the crowded streets, Meena's thoughts drifted back to the events that had shaped her life. She remembered her brother, a spirited and ambitious young man who had embodied the very essence of their father.

Her brother had always been a source of hope for their family, his laughter filling their home with warmth and joy. He always had been full of dreams and aspirations, with his future shining as bright as the morning sun. Yet fate had other plans, leaving behind a darkness that threatened to consume them all.

Now, it was only Meena who remained, the sole heir to their family's legacy, burdened with the weight of their expectations. In the wake of her brother's passing, Meena was forced to confront the harsh realities of their privileged world. Beneath the glittering facade of wealth and influence lay a realm rife with danger and uncertainty, where alliances were forged in shadows and betrayals lurked around every corner.

As Meena rounded the street, her eyes immediately landed on the familiar sight of a small, weathered café nestled between two imposing buildings. Despite its worn appearance, the café held a special place in her heart, a sanctuary she had frequented for years. Its rustic charm and cozy atmosphere had always provided solace in the midst of life's chaos.

With a sense of relief washing over her, Meena quickened her pace, eager to reach the comforting embrace of the café's familiar surroundings. Stepping through the door, she was greeted by the warm aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the soft murmur of conversation.

Finding an empty table in a secluded corner, Meena sank into a chair with a sigh of relief. As she waited for her order to arrive, she allowed herself to relax for the first time in what felt like ages. Closing her eyes, she let the gentle hum of the café envelop her, the rhythmic chatter of the other patrons serving as a comforting backdrop to her thoughts.

After spending what felt like an eternity immersed in her thoughts at the café, Meena finally stirred from her seat, reluctantly bidding farewell to the comforting ambiance. Stepping out onto the streets, she felt a sense of disorientation wash over her, the abrupt transition from the café's tranquility to the city's cacophony leaving her momentarily dazed.

As Meena emerged from the quaint café, she hailed a passing taxi with a sense of urgency. She didn't want to risk her family's chauffeur learning the location of her secret sanctuary. Slipping into the backseat of the cab, she instructed the driver to take her to her workplace with a firm nod.

When Meena arrived at her destination, she exited the taxi and entered a world of luxury and elegance. The huge building hovered from above, a symbol of her family's wealth and influence.

When Meena arrived at her destination, she exited the taxi and entered a world of luxury and elegance. The huge building hovered from above, representing her family's money and power. While she entered the structure, she was met by beautiful marble floors and soaring ceilings, a stark contrast to the humble café she had just left.

Making made her way to her office, she exuded confidence and authority. With each step, she felt a surge of pride coursing through her veins. She knew she was in control, and she relished in the power it brought her.

Meena pushed open the heavy door to her office, greeted by the familiar scent of old wood and leather. The walls were paneled with rich, mahogany wood, its grain intricately woven into patterns that seemed to dance in the soft light filtering through the windows. Marble statues stood proudly in the corners, their smooth surfaces gleaming under the warm glow of vintage lamps.

The windows, tall and grand, stretched from floor to ceiling, offering a panoramic view of the city below. Their ornate frames were etched with delicate patterns, allowing slivers of sunlight to filter through and cast dappled shadows across the room. As Meena approached, she could feel the warmth of the sun on her skin, a gentle reminder of the world beyond these walls.

Her eyes wandered to the grand desk at the center of the room, its polished surface adorned with intricate gold designs. Behind it, a towering bookshelf reached towards the ceiling, its shelves filled with weathered books and curious artifacts.

Charlotte stood in the corner of the room, a familiar figure amidst the grandeur of Meena's office. She was dressed in a simple yet stylish outfit, her dark hair pulled back in a loose bun. A warm smile played on her lips as she greeted Meena, her eyes sparkling with warmth and sincerity.

Having been best friends since childhood, Charlotte found herself in the unexpected role of being Meena's assistant. Their friendship had withstood the test of time, blossoming from the schoolyard into the cutthroat world of business. While the world saw Charlotte as nothing more than Meena's loyal aide, the reality was far different.

Behind closed doors, Charlotte was Meena's right-hand woman, the one person she could always rely on to have her back. Their bond ran deep, forged through years of shared experiences and unwavering loyalty. Charlotte understood Meena's ambitions and motivations like no one else, making her an indispensable part of Meena's inner circle.

However, Meena opted to conceal Charlotte's true role hidden from the world. She didn't want to drag her friend into the dangerous world of business, so consequently Charlotte assumed the role of a devoted assistant, all the while quietly pulling strings behind the scenes.

Meena wrapped her arms around Charlotte in a tight hug, her exhaustion evident in the way she slumped against her friend's shoulder. "I'm so tired, Charlotte," she muttered, her voice muffled against Charlotte's blouse.

Charlotte returned the embrace, gently rubbing Meena's shoulders in a soothing gesture. "I know, Meena," she murmured, her voice soft and reassuring. "But today's schedule isn't too hectic. I've got everything sorted, and I promise the day will fly by before you know it."

Meena squeezed Charlotte tighter, murmuring, "You're the best," her voice with genuine appreciation.

Charlotte flashed a knowing smile, "I know," she replied with a wink before slipping out of the embrace and leaving Meena to her own devices.

Alone now, Meena took a moment to gather herself, inhaling deeply before her fingers deftly flicked open the lid of her silver lighter, a small ritual she'd performed countless times before. With practiced precision, she brought the flame to the tip of her cigarette, watching as it ignited with a soft hiss. The familiar scent of tobacco filled the air, mingling with the aroma of coffee and the faint hint of perfume.

As she took her first drag, Meena closed her eyes, savoring the familiar rush of nicotine as it flooded her senses. The smoke filled her lungs, a comforting embrace that seemed to momentarily chase away the cares of the world. With each exhale, she released a plume of smoke that dissipated into the air, carrying with it the weight of her worries.

Leaning back in her chair, Meena let her mind drift, the rhythmic inhales of her cigarette punctuating the silence of the room. But as the minutes ticked by, the looming reality of her upcoming meeting began to intrude upon her thoughts. With a resigned sigh, she stubbed out the cigarette in the ashtray, and straightened in her chair. For Meena, success was not just a goal; it was an expectation—a standard she had set for herself and always strived to meet.

As she prepared to leave her office, Meena's resolve hardened, approaching her only meeting of the day, with usual determination. She had perfected her negotiating abilities over the years, mastering the art of persuasion and manipulation.

Meena steps into the meeting room, her entrance drawing attention. With a nod of acknowledgment, she greets the executive and his lawyer, her smile both polite and calculated. "Good morning, Nicholas, Thomas," she says, her voice composed. "Thank you for taking the time to meet with me today."

Nicholas, the executive, returns her greeting with a cordial smile, while Thomas, the lawyer, offers a brief nod in acknowledgment. Meena takes a moment to assess their faces, noting the subtle nuances of their body language and expressions.

As they settle into their seats around the sleek conference table, Meena maintains a confident yet approachable demeanor. She engages in small talk, discussing recent industry developments and exchanging pleasantries to establish rapport.

Suddenly, Meena crossed her legs elegantly and leaned forward, her eyes locking with Nichola's as she spoke. "Let's get down to business, shall we?"

"Our current agreement is holding us back. We need to shake things up if we want to stay ahead of the game," she began, her voice low and persuasive.

Nicholas shifted uncomfortably in his seat, his brow furrowing in concern. "But Meena, the current terms have served us well so far," he protested weakly.

Meena's lips formed a knowing smile as she gently shook her head. "Nicholas, my dear friend, you're thinking too small," she let out a sigh. "We should not settle for 'well' when we have the potential for greatness." Don't you want to be known as a visionary and leader in your field?

Nicholas frowned, his fingers drumming nervously on the polished surface of the table. "But how can you be so sure that this is the right move?" he pressed, his voice tinged with skepticism.

"Because" Meena answered, her voice steady and sure, "I've done my homework. I've analyzed the trends, studied our competitors, and identified the gaps in the industry that we can exploit."

She leaned forward, her eyes locking with his. "Trust me," she urged, her voice with a tone of urgency, "this isn't just a gamble—it's a calculated risk with the potential for significant rewards."

Nicholas nodded, but his expression remained guarded. "I appreciate the thoroughness of your preparations, Meena," he conceded, "but even the most comprehensive studies can't account for every eventuality. What if things don't go according to plan? What if I end up losing my investment?"

She leaned forward, her gaze locking with his in an intense stare. "Yes, there are always uncertainties in business," she admitted, "but that's what makes it so exhilarating, so rewarding. We have the chance to be pioneers, to carve out a new path in an ever-changing landscape."

Nicholas's brow furrowed in contemplation, but Meena pressed on, knowing that she was close to sealing the deal. "Imagine the possibilities," she continued, her voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper, "imagine the prestige, the recognition that comes with being at the forefront of innovation."

She reached across the table, her hand brushing against his in a subtle gesture of intimacy. "Together, we can achieve greatness," she murmured, her eyes alight with determination, "but we have to be willing to take the first step, to seize the opportunities that come our way. It's what enabled me to rise to where I am today."

Nicholas hesitated, but Meena could see the flicker of doubt in his eyes beginning to waver. She knew that she had him hooked—it was just a matter of reeling him in.

Meanwhile, Thomas, sitting beside them, appeared to be merely observing the conversation. Unbeknownst to Nicholas, Thomas was actually Meena's lawyer, contracted to ensure that the deal went smoothly in her favor. He had been instructed to guide Nicholas toward signing the contract, subtly steering the conversation in Meena's direction.

Nicholas turned to Thomas, his expression betraying his uncertainty. "What do you think, Thomas?" he asked, hoping for some reassurance.

Thomas paused for a moment, his brow furrowing as if deeply contemplating the situation. "Nicholas," he began, his voice steady but with a hint of apprehension, "this is... a bold move, to say the least. There are risks involved, significant ones. But..."

He glanced at Meena, a subtle nod of acknowledgment passing between them before he continued, "the potential rewards are immense. If we play our cards right, this could be a game-changer for us."

Nicholas examined Thomas's face for any indications of reluctance. However, the lawyer's demeanor remained cryptic, his remarks carefully selected to show support while keeping a tone of caution. Despite his doubts, Nicholas became drawn to the idea of success.

As the tension in the room reached its peak, Nicholas turned his gaze back to Meena, his eyes narrowing with curiosity. "There's one question I've been meaning to ask," he began, his voice steady.

Meena leaned forward, her eyes locking with his as she awaited his inquiry. She had been anticipating this moment, knowing that his question would be the key to sealing the deal.

"What exactly is your stake in all of this?" Nicholas asked.

Meena's smile widened into a knowing grin as she leaned back in her chair, her gaze unwavering. "Nicholas, my dear, my stake in this is simple: success. I thrive on it, and I intend to see this venture through to its fullest potential. But rest assured, what benefits you, benefits me. So, do you get where I'm going?"

Her words were like honeyed poison, sweet yet deadly, as she expertly wove a narrative of mutual benefit while masking her true intentions. Meena knew that by offering the illusion of shared risk, she could coax Nicholas into taking the leap of faith she needed him to make.

"A handsome man like you," she murmured, her voice laced with a hint of flirtation, "must be no stranger to taking risks, especially when the rewards are so enticing." a playful smile dancing on her lips as she locked eyes with Nicholas.

With a smirk, he leaned in closer to Meena, "You're right, Meena," he admitted, his gaze locking with hers in a silent challenge. "I've never been one to shy away from a challenge, especially when the rewards are as tempting as they are with you."

Meena's smiled, her eyes sparkling with mischief, reveling in the game they were playing. "Well then," she started, her voice dropping to a whisper, "let's see just how far you're willing to go to get those rewards."

With a confident nod, Nicholas looked up at Meena and said, "I'm in. Let's do this." His voice held a mixture of excitement and purpose as he made his decision.

As he scrawled his signature across the dotted line, Nicholas couldn't shake the feeling of exhilaration coursing through him. He was taking a leap of faith, placing his trust in Meena and her promises of untold riches and glory. Once the last stroke of the pen was complete, Nicholas leaned back in his chair, a satisfied smile playing on his lips.

But little did Nicholas know that he had just become another pawn in Meena's game of power and manipulation, destined to be used and discarded as she saw fit. And as he and his lawyer left the meeting room, his mind was buzzing with excitement and anticipation; he had no idea of the dangerous game he had just agreed to play. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.8K 2.3K 36
When 18-year-old Flora Dembrow finds herself at a prestigious prep school for University- she winds up meeting her worst enemy from a rival prep scho...
3.8K 178 16
A family at war with itself.
18.6K 620 25
Following their sudden kiss on Grand Sports Day 2023, Aoom and Meena experience extreme emotions. It's not just physical attraction; rather, it's an...
664K 32.6K 45
In a world where nothing is freely given, how much can they give when there may be nothing for them in return? Heartbreaks... Love... Everything in b...