Valentina

By Ihnfiwtw

" You can miss people but you don't want to have them back. " " You can forgive people but you don't want to... More

Author's note
Characters !!
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Another author's note
Chapter 5

Chapter 1

24 0 3
By Ihnfiwtw

" I promise I won't leave Valentina. You have my word. "  That's what they all said. One after another they all promised that they wouldn't leave me. Then they left, and it hurt more every single time. But what hurt even more was that they said they'd visit. They said they'd call. But they never did. And I waited for them, every single day. Waited for them when I woke up in the morning, waited for them to be there after school, but they weren't. And after 3 years I stopped hoping and I stopped believing that they would stay true to their word and come back. Because I truly did miss them, but I had lost hope.

And sometimes, in the back of my head, I still have that small bit of hope that still believes they'll come back for me. And it hurts like hell when they don't.

That's why I'm thankful for my best- only friend Sofia Brown. Because she never left. She stayed. She shared my problems, my worries, because she had similar family issues. I met her when I was 11 and ever since then we were inseparable.

And all that led up to us smoking on a rooftop talking and laughing with each other, care free even if it was just until sunrise.

" Hey Soph, do you- do you ever miss the people you use to love ? Even though they hurt you..?
" Yeah I do, but I really wish I didn't because it only hurts people like us in the end. "

As the sun rises over the horizon we just watched with mezmeration at how it has so much light and warmth over our cold broken earth. And it does every day, for the rest of our lives. And that's why I love the sun. Because it won't just leave us. It will stay forever. The sun won't judge us, it gives us comfort. The sun is the opposite of people. While it radiates warmth, comfort, light, and care; People will judge you, people will hurt and and most of all, people will leave. As soon as they get bored they will just leave you. The sun won't. And that's what I love about it.

" Val I gotta head out to make sure my mom isn't passed out outside of our apartment but I'll join you here at.." As she said that, she looked down and checked the time on her black damaged phone. " Around 10pm, K ? " " Sure, bye Soph " As I said that she had already started to climb down the fire escape to not wake my "mom" passed out on the floor of rhe living room and gave a little wave before disappearing into the alleyway behind my apartment. If you can even call it that.

It's just two bedrooms one bathroom with the wallpaper peeling off the walls, beer bottles splayed around the floor of rhe living room and kitchen, the water not working along with the heater because the bills weren't payed, and cracks everywhere. On the floor, on the roof, on the walls, basically anywhere you can imagine a crack, there is one there. As I was about to go get dressed there was a call on our old home phone so I went to pick it up.

" What " I blankly asked not caring what they had to say. " ...Valentina ? " When I tell you my jaw dropped I mean it dropped "Wow, Looks like you finnaly decided to call, what do you want. " I said trying to put my ' I don't care ' facade back up. " Hi! I was wondering if uh.. we could visit for Thanksgiving? " "No. You can't" I said / yelled into the phone and hung up. I heared it ring again but I just ignored it and went back upstairs.

Who do they think they are thinking they can just waltz back in here after they left 8 fucking years ago! When I went upstairs I climbed onto the fire escape to smoke a joint. I hate that they think they can just come back after all this time and act as if nothing even happened. As if.

Isaac's pov:

As I paced around my bedroom with my phone up to my ear the only thought running through my mind was " Will she pick up? " Just as I was about to give up I heared her voice answer the phone.

" What. " she said blankly. That's weird she used to be super kind to everyone.. "...Valentina? " I asked hopefully even though I knew it was her who answered. The line was silent for a few seconds and I thought she had hung up until she responded " Wow, Looks like you finnaly decided to call, what do you want." she answered coldly. I shivered a tiny bit then answered. " Hi! I was wondering if uh.. we could visit for Thanksgiving?" I stuttered conviently forgetting the speech I had previously memorized just for this call. "No, you can't." She answered and hung up.

I was shocked even though it was a bit expected because we left but.. I don't know I just expected her to be a little kinder.. You know what I'll just call her again maybe the line disconnected!

As I was waiting for her to answer Reality kicked in and I realized she  really had hung up, and didn't plan on picking up the phone again. Instead of trying to call her again I decided to call the family group chat, which was basically just made up of all us brothers and the older twos wives / fiancées.

Author's pov:

Alex: What is it ?

Isaac: I have to talk to you guys about something important.

Marco: What is it I'm pretty busy right now.

Damien: What do you mean by important?

Elizabeth: Should me and Victoria leave or is this a matter to be discussed with everyone?

Victoria: Yeah, we can leave if you want.

Isaac: No it's okay you can stay.

Alex: So what is it?

Isaac: Well it's about our family..

Marco: we're all here what do you mean?

Isaac: No, I mean about.. our whole family. Like, Valentina and mum.

Elizabeth: Well I know that you left them so why go back?

Victoria: Yeah after years of no communication then out of the blue just hanging out doesn't seem like the best decision.

Isaac: Well, I believe that we, as in me and my brothers should apologize for what we have done.

Damien: Even if we do, it doesn't mean she is just going to forgive us and welcome us back just like that.

Alex: I mean both of you have a point so I think we should atleast try, I mean we know where she lives so it won't be that hard, right?

Marco: Fine I vote yes we can come Thanksgiving and visit.

Damien: K

Isaac: Yeah it can't be that hard right ?

Wrong. It was really damn hard. Their first problem, they had moved to a different apartment which didn't prove too hard to find but that wasn't the main issue. The issue was, whenever one of the brothers called and asked to visit she immediately cut them off before they could even finish denying their requests and then hanging up. But now they had planned that no matter what she said or how much she pushed them away, they would make it up to her. No matter how long it took, or how hard it was, they would try.

Valentina's pov:

They called a whole 32 times this week and left 142 text messages they I have left unread. I'm getting sick of it so I have unplugged the house phone and now I'm on the fire escape with Sofia again since it's 10:12pm and it's our nightly tradition.

"I'm so fucking annoyed with them, like they left a whole 8 years ago and think they can come back? You know I did wait for them Soph I really did but after 3 years I stopped waiting for them because I knew it wouldn't happen. I care too much, that's my problem Soph. No matter how much I try to act like I don't care I still do. And it hurts more and more every single time."

She sighed " I know Val but I think you caring even though it hurts you most of the time it's a lovely gift to be able to still care about ones you hate. "

" I geuss.." I responded taking a long drag of the cigarette I held then passing it to Sophia. " Why is it always good people who end up like this? Abandoned, smoking at 15, dealing with their drunk parental figures, and dealing with their own monsters."

Sophia thought for a few minutes before answering.

" I really don't know Val.. All I know is that we have each other to help when we need a hand, to comfort each other when we're crying and most importantly, to love each other when nobody will love us. "

" I hope one day we can escape this life, get a fresh start somewhere else in this crappy world." " Me too Val, me too.." Sophie sighed pulling out her phone and checking the time. "Why look at that tommorow is November 1st, new month" " Hopefully nothing changes for the worse" " Hope so, I gotta head out though. Meet back here tommorow night? " "You know it Sophs see you tommorow." "Bye!" Sophia yelled climbing down the fire escape and fleeing into the dark once again as I climbed back into her room just as mom stumbled into the living room drunk as hell and about to pass out.

Once I headed down to the kitchen for very unlikely but possible water I noticed mom drunk on the couch as usual with a beer bottle in hand. I sighed as I headed over to her and removed her shoes as carefully as possible to not wake her up for if she did all hell would break loose.

Once I finished cleaning mum up I went back upstairs noticing the time as it read 3:52am. I sighed heading to my room and flopped onto my bed knowing that sleep wasn't coming anytime soon.

Time skip | Valentina's pov:

As I layed there caught up in my own thoughts my alarm rang  reading out the time 7:32am. I slammed my alarm and began to get dressed for the day in my jersey and some baggy jeans.

Just as I ran downstairs I caught my mom packing her bag in the living room. "Mum what are you doing?" I asked blankly eyeing the suitcase she was packing. " Oh hey hun you're up! I'm heading to Las Vegas to look for work!" "Mhm totally you realize that I know you're just heading there because of you're gambling addiction and drugs. " I deadpanned not caring what she had to say. " Also when will you be back and what about the bills and food?" I asked " I am not I am looking for real work. Also I am leaving you 500 for bills and food. And I'll be out for like a month bye sweetie" I just ignored her and glared as she walked out the door and out of the apartment.

"Well lets see how much she really left.. Oh look at that 200 for 4 different bills and food for a month how lovely."

Just as I was about to go sit down and read I heared the phone ring and I realized mum must've plugged it back in to the wall.

" Who is it. " I deadpanned not caring who called me. " Hello Valentina." Marco responded. I hated him the most because if he didn't leave nobody would've left. He started it and now I hate all of them, but him the most. "Stop calling me I don't want to hear you, or visit you now so get that through your thick skull and stop trying to call me." I answered coldly about to hang up when he quickly answered.

"Wait Valentina!" "What." " Uh- Is mum there?" "No she went out." "When will she be back?" "Later"
I said hanging up on him before he could ask anything else.

They really need to stop trying to reach out. I thought to myself falling onto the couch and continuing to read Girl In Pieces while listening to Melanie Martinez.

Marco's pov:

Well that phone call went wonderfully, not. She barely even let me say anything before she hung up! You know what November third we are visiting whether she wants to or not.

Fam group chat|author's pov:

Marco:Guys I have something to discuss preferably with everyone

Dumbass Damien: Ay who changed my name ?

Alexander the great: Definitely no clue.

Dumbass Damien: Oh just you wait buddy when I see you nex-

Isaac: No matter how funny this is please stop fighting.

Dumbass Damien: THIS IS NOT FUNNY

Victoria: Uh huh Tottaly.. But also what did you need to talk about Marco?

Elizabeth: Yeah good question Vic.

Marco:We should visit tommorow before she can stop us completely.

Isaac: That might not be the best idea..

Dumbass Damien: I mean Isaac he does have a pretty good point.

Isaac: Still doesn't mean we should

Victoria: Well I believe its a good and bad idea because its good to make sure you boys can apologize but it probably isn't what Valentina wants..

Elizabeth: I don't believe you should but this is not up to me so decide for yourselves.

* Elizabeth has left the chat *

Victoria: I'm also going to go but one last thing before I leave, think about how it would affect all of you and make a decision around that. Including Valentina

* Victoria has left the chat *

Dumbass Damien: I think we should go.

Isaac: I'm not so sure about it but if Alex go's I will go.

Alex: I'm in !

Marco: Well it's settled then see you guys tomorrow.

Valentina's pov:

After a couple hours of reading I finished reading my book and it was amazing. Anyways I should try calling mum even though she probably won't answer.

As I was dialing the phone rang so I picked it up annoyed. "Who is it."
I asked. "Hi, Valentina?" He answered but it sounded like more of a question then a response. "Can't you guys just leave me alone? Like I don't want to see you, I don't want to meet up and more importantly I don't care about you guys so stop calling." As I was about to hang up he yelled wait so I stopped just to see what he had to say. "Wait! Valentina I just wanted to say I'm really sorry for what we did all those years ago and I know that a simple apology years later won't do anything but I truly am sor-"

As he was about to finish I hung up. I didn't want an apology anymore, an apology won't change anything and I hate them so I don't care about their dumbass apologies.

Well I should try to call mum to see when she plans on heading back because I know she ain't working down there.

As it was about to go to voice-mail she surprisingly picked up the phone. "Hey sweetie, whats up?" "Don't do that and when are you coming home." I deadpanned. "I'll be home for Thanksgiving alright?" "K bye" I answered and hung up.i expected her to be out till December but its better if she comes home early.

Girls group chat:

Valentina: Hiiiii !!

Sophia: Hey Val what's up?

Valentina: Not much but one of my stupid brothers called again.

Sophia: Haven't you told them to stop calling like a million times?

Valentina: Yes, but they can't get the fact through their thick skulls that I don't wanna see them.

Sophia: Dang they're that dumb?

Valentina: Yup

Sophia: Well let's hope they stop calling soon,

Sophia: Because I don't want to have to come deal with them but I will if I have too.

Valentina: Same also my mum apparently plans to be home for Thanksgiving.

Sophia: Well hopefully she is because the amounts of money she leaves you is never enough.

Valentina: For real though

Sophia: Wait Val,

Valentina: Yeah ?

Sophia: I gotta go take care of my mum so I don't think I can come over tonight is that fine?

Valentina: Yeah that's fine I'll just try to get some sleep in.

Sophia: Bye Val

Valentina: Bye Soph

Well I probably won't get much sleep but I can try. As I walked upstairs I heared a sound in the living room but I just ignored and assume something just fell. When I was upstairs in my room I flopped onto my bed before slowly drifting off into a light sleep.

Okay first chapter ever and I feel it's pretty good!

Word count: 2802

I will try to put out another chapter today, and if I can't tommorow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 97 12
"I have all the valid reasons to hate you Bada." Ivy said as a tear was dropping off her eye. It's been 4 years since she ghosted me. I don't even kn...
2.2K 64 10
grian, a caring Boy broken by the world and not wanting to hurt anyone Scar, a dramatic, Sweet, person who would do anything to make grian happy. Y...
10.5K 322 7
Little Eris has not had the best start in life. In her short five years alive nothing has went in her favour. First her mother and her get in a car c...
8.1M 342K 52
"I hope you realize you made the worst f**king decision of your life." She could feel his cold icy blue eyes piercing through her soul. "I didn't as...