Pokemon Genius

By Serperiorshiny

"The genius of Pokemon" a old mysterious book deceives people. A young high school student inherits memories... More

1. Memory
2. Partner
3. Special abilities
4. My first Battle
5. She has sweet addiction!
6. Getting along
7. Tournament I
8. Tournament II
9. Winning streak
11. Who wins?
12. Terarium
13. Two rivals
14. Birds on the Rock
15. This Girl is something!
16. This girl is crazy!
17. Unseen situation
18. Shame?
19. The bet
20. Confession

10. Tournament III

15 1 0
By Serperiorshiny

William's POV:-

"Begin!"

"Sprigatito leafage!"

"Froakie tackle!"

Many leaves advanced towards Froakie with a sweet aroma. The aroma was filling the room.

"Froakie tackle"

"Sprigatito hone claws!"

The little cat Pokemon sharpened her claws. The claws looked sharp and pointed. Froakie used tackle and the cat feared him with her claws.

"Sprigatito scratch!"

The claws scratched the frog Pokemon hitting critically.

"Froakie!"

"Sprigatito Scratch!"

The cat went to scratch once more.

"Froakie water gun!"

The fast stream of water blew the cat away washing her face. The cat was dripping. She dried herself by shaking herself.

"Froakie tackle!"

Froakie jumped to tackle the cat Pokemon. Sprigatito's guard was down.

"Sprigatito scratch"

"Froakie water gun!"

The cat Pokemon had her face washed. Her face hinted anger.

"Nyarrrr"

"Sprigatito leafage!"

The angry cat attacked my partner.

"Froakie dodge it."

Froakie hoped from place to place to avoid being hitted by all the leaves. The leaves filled the room with aroma. The aroma wasn't quite pleasant. It was different from before.

"Sprigatito!"

The cat suppressed her anger. Getting water on her face must have pissed her.

"Froakie tackle"

"Sprigatito scratch!"

Froakie was speeding towards the cat who was speeding herself towards my partner. Sprigatito scratched my partner who hit her.

"This is a different move isn't it?"

Aki questioned Han.

"It's quick attack."

"Froakie quick attack!"

"Sprigatito quick attack!"

The two Pokemon ran with high speed. They clashed each other. Froakie wasn't in good condition after the clash.

"Froakie! Quick attack once again!"

"Sprigatito scratch!"

Another hit from the Sprigatito made Froakie unconscious.

I lost again.

__________________________

Aki's POV:-

I saw the change in ranks. I was tied first place with William. I looked into my next group.

Group F [Round 5]

Volunteer:- Siddharth

Participants:-

Aki
Akira
Rosa
Harry

This was another group where most of the participants had a fire type starter. The volunteer of this group was ranked 17 as I believed.

Why are these ranks important though?

I looked at the unnecessary detail at somewhere at the bottom of the page.

I wondered what roll this ranks play in League club and the Student council.

"Aki."

A feminine voice called me. I faced the owner of this voice. The voice belonged to Han the volunteer of my previous group.

"Han? What happened?"

"Exactly what happened when you went to washroom?"

"Eh?"

I thought this to be surprising to ask. I felt a little awkward. Obviously who would tell what happens in washroom to someone of opposite sex.

Right? Isn't it like that?

I asked myself on response to Han's question.

"You were thinking something weird?"

She read my thoughts. Are you psychic?

"No."

I tried to answer as normally as possible.

"You don't seem to understand what I am asking."

"Yeah I kind of."

"You had went after..."

"...William?"

She nodded while looking away blushing a little red.

She is asking me what he was doing in washroom?

Wasn't he doing the same-

"You are weird."

Hey that's what I should say!?

"I mean you went after him to washroom. Did anything happened?"

Oh I understood what she meant.

"Well nothing much. I didn't talked to him actually."

"You are lying. Aren't you?"

"There is no reason for me to lie here."

Han looked irritated. She turned back.

"Meet me during lunch break."

With that she left. Sprigatito moved her head sideways trying to understand what Han meant.

"Don't worry Sprigatito. It's just some different people have different personalities."

She had a weird one though.

Maybe I was thinking weird.

I found the members of my group with the volunteer. I ran with Sprigatito on my shoulder towards them.

________________________

Aki's POV:-

I was sitting in the cafeteria having my lunch. The previous round 5 ended. It wasn't quite well. I lost three matches straight back to back. All the fire types had advantages.

"So there you are."

"Yeah I am here Han."

"Thanks for waiting."

She got her own lunch set and sat before me.

"Fifth round was rough right?"

"Sure it was."

All the rankings changed after fifth round. The bottom ranked ones elevated while the upper ranks fell. Kathy and Aria lost two matches each while William lost all three matches similar to me. It looked as if after a solid winning streak William was on a losing streak. These five loses didn't changed his first place. I was ranked with Alex and Kathy. Alex seemed to have taken benefit of this round.

"Hmm so what did you two talked about?"

"Well I am telling you I didn't lied when I said I had not talked to him."

She looked suspiciously to clear her doubts.

Obviously I am not lying, I had not conversed with him in washroom.

"Okay I believe you then."

She got up with her lunch set and went to different table. Sprigatito tilted her head to one side. She must be confused about all these happenings.

As soon as she left, I found another girl with her lunch set sitting next to me.

"Hello Aki."

"Hey Aria! How are you doing?"

"I am doing pretty good. I had some trouble in last round though."

"Yeah it was same for me."

Aria was in similar group as William in round 5. She probably defeated William in this round.

Another girl sat next to Aria.

"Hello Kathy."

"Hello Aki. It looks like you are close with Aria."

"Yeah she was the first one who beat me."

Aria smiled proudly. Kathy looked curious to know about our battle.

“Well how did she beat me... It was like this...”

[Flashback:-

"Begin!"

"Cyndaquil smokescreen!"

"Sprigatito hone claws!"

Sprigatito sharped her claws as the smoke covered the ground.

I had a plan regarding this. She was setting up smoke to blind me so I was going to hit her Pokemon with just one move so that she loses instantly. For that I would need Sprigatito to gain in maximum attack.

"Sprigatito hone claws."

Sprigatito was panicking as she was surrounded by the smoke blinding her.

"Cyndaquil ember!"

Ember would not have high effect as Sprigatito is normal type since the beginning when she used hone claws. She would be fine.

The ember missed.

"Sptigatito hone claws!"

I could hear my partner panicking in the smoke but she followed my advice.

I have plans believe me Sprigatito!

"Cyndaquil ember!"

Cyndaquil fired it's attack.

"Sprigatito use Leafage!"

Sprigatito gathered leaves with it's beautiful aroma and attacked the leaves towards the ember. This way the smoke faded due to the leaves fired in a good speed.

"Cyndaquil ember!"

Cyndaquil fired another move. Sprigatito was hit by the move.

"Sprigatito! Scratch it."

"Cyndaquil ember!"

Sprigatito scratched the fire ball with her claws. She rushed towards Cyndaquil.

"Cyndaquil smoke screen!"

The smoke blinded Sprigatito as soon as she was near Cyndaquil. She lost sight of her opponent.

"Ember!"

A fireball seemed to hit Sprigatito.

"Sprigatito leafage!"

Sprigatito gathered aroma and leaves once again to hit her foe. The smoke subsided with it.

"Scratch!"

Cyndaquil was behind Sprigatito and scratched her from back. Sprigatito gave a cry.

"Nya!"

"Sprigatito!"

The cat fell into the trap.

"Cyndaquil ember!"

"Sprigatito scratch it!"

Sprigatito sharped her claws to scratch but the close hit from the fireball got swirls in her eyes.

It was my first loss after all.

“Good job Sprigatito!”

"Hey Aki right?"

"Yeah you are Aria, if I am not wrong?"

"Yup! I am. You countered my smoke screen trap twice. I got interested."

"Yeah battles are interesting."

"Definitely! Well would you join me for the lunch?"

Lunch date already?

"Sure."

"Great!"

Flashback ends]

And this is how we ended up eating on the same table.

Kathy was listening to Aria's detailed information about our battle. She was quite interested in Pokemon battle and she even had an interested listener.

"Hello Aria!"

"Umm Aria..."

"Hey Aria!"

"Aria I am here!"

"Hi"

Soon five more students gathered around our table. It looked like Aria had called many more students too.

"Hello guys! You may sit here. Let's enjoy the lunch break together everyone."

What's going on here?

I exchanged my glances with Kathy who didn't know about the details either. A few more students joined us. The table had six chairs near it. The number of students had increased to 10 and everyone had been called by her.

I stood up from the table giving up my place and picked an empty table. I wanted to have my lunch peacefully atleast. Kathy did the same. She sat near me. Han was observing this while having her lunch with a Azumarill.

"Aria looks popular."

"Yeah seems so. She had called so many friends over here."

"Hmm." Kathy said looking at how Aria was talking with the group. Soon Aria caught our sight and called us out.

"Hey I didn't asked you two to be there! Come on. Join us in lunch party!"

Kathy smiled and stood up with her lunch set. Sprigatito and Snivy exchanged their glances.

"Lunch break is going to be lively I guess," Kathy said.

__________________________

Author's note:-

Hello everyone,

Another chapter. Fifth round is completed. There are four more rounds left. It would end sooner. There are two or three more chapters left for this introduction arc.

Well two quick question to you all.

Which legendary/mythical Pokemon is your favourite? What do you think about new game Pokemon legends Z-A?

I think Ogerpon is cute but the lake trio is still the best for me especially Uxie. Other than those three, I like justice trio 🐐 and Ho-oh(due to anime).

From mythical Pokemons, Hoopa and Magreana are definitely my favourites.

Well Pokemon presents surprised me with this revelation of Pokemon Z-A. Everyone was hoping for Unova games. Even I was hoping for some Unova/Johto games. They really had us in first half with all those Johto stuff but later we were proved wrong.

Well then the final chapter for the introduction arc is the next one.

Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

881K 40.9K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
313K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
57K 1K 14
Here is my collection of Drarry one-shots I've written. Enjoy :)
24.6K 431 50
Percy Jackson, more commonly known as Haru Namikaze among the shinobi, is a ninja blessed by Greek gods. His mother, Sally Jackson, AKA Fuyura Uchiha...