THE BRIGHTSIDE

By Delster_thatgirl

a single mother struggling to feed her own daughter everyday, will her own daughter found herself in the same... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18 ( EDITED)
19
20
21

7

371 19 0
By Delster_thatgirl

3:34 PM
Friday

"niyah is mad hot out here" naomi groaned covering her eyes feeling the human air through her skin. sa'niyah and naomi brought their kids down to the park as it was to hot for them to stay inside.

as they arrive at the park a lot of kids were also at the park playing with the water hose. "come on jah'mar!" esmari yelled holding his hand and he smiled holding her hand tightly as they both run to the park.

"they sellin ice lemonade " sa'niyah pointed at a lemonade truck which was near the basketball courts. as they both walk over to the truck they waited in the line both waiting patiently.

sa'niyah looked over to the courts hearing drill music from the basketball, hoping to see if ace was playing..

"u fancy someone?"

"no.. I jus thought my friend was playin" sa'niyah looked down sipping her lemonade.

"right" naomi eyed her while she grabs her ice lemonade. "girl where you goin?"

"I'll be back" sa'niyah turned back to naomi then back towards the fence, looking to see if ace was playing which he was after she spotted him.

ace noticed sa'niyah behind the fence and he smirks seeing that she was here. sa'niyah felt bubbly after ace was approaching to her with his chest all out exploding his tattoos while wearing his red basketball shorts that were saggin a little bit which showed his boxers.

"how u doin ma?"

"hey ace"

"what is u doin out here lookin dis good who u meetin up wit?"

"im not seeing nobody.. I came out wit my friend naomi"

"ight" ace replied calmly licking his lips at sa'niyahs fit. she had a short tank top with black jean shorts and her black long twists were out that was freshly done by her.

"NIYAH" naomi yelled walking towards her and stood near the fence looking at ace.

"naomi this is ace, ace this is naomi"

"nice to meet you" naomi mumbled to him and ace nodded his head up.

"come on yo you bout to miss the next game" ace's friend said walking up to him and looked at niyah and Naomi yet his eyes were on Naomi.

"we gotta go, it was nice meeting y'all" Naomi dragged niyah was they walk away from the basketball courts.

"girl you okay?" sa'niyah asked as she thought Naomi was acting weird.

"yeah I'm fine, les go watch the kids" Naomi smiled, after meeting eyes with ace's friend she had to leave before she caught feelings as she thought he was fine. but she promised herself not to be in any relationships with any other guy.

"woah why that white lady grabbing mari like that?" Naomi mentioned seeing an mid-old white lady grabbing esmari by her arm and sa'niyah ran striaght to her and grabbed her daughter away from her.

"fuck is you touchin my daughta for??!" sa'niyah yelled snatching esmari off of her.

"look at what your daughter did to my son!" the lady pointed at her son that had tears and snot on his face that was hot red. he had a few red scratch marks on his forehead and held his left eye.

"jah'marey why your hair covered in sand??" naomi asked as she softly holds her son and dust off the sand off his hair.

Jah'marey turned over to the white kid and pointed at him, without saying a word.

"what happen mari?" sa'niyah asked while looking at the white lady.

"he won stop bullying jah'mar! He pushed him on the sandpit and was calling me names so i pushed him too and then she was yelling at me"

"you two should learn how to discipline your children! especially that one"

"bitch maybe if you told yo kid to stop bullying other kids then none of this wouldn't happen, and don't you ever put your hands on my daughta or yell at her again!" sa'niyah raised her voice stirnly while looking at her up and down before going down to esmari's level to make sure she wasn't hurt.

"you know what-I'm calling the police"

"you callin the police on ma daughta?" sa'niyah slowly looked back at her squinting her eyes and she slowly approaches her while the white lady slowly backs away with her phone next to her ear.

"she physically abused my son and you are threatening me"

"fuck??" Naomi scrunched her face standing next to sa'niyah with jah'marey on her chest while sa'niyah flicked her phone off her hand.

"bitch I DARE you to pick up yo fucking phone" sa'niyah looked at her striaght in the eyes as they stood face to face, making the women stunned as everyone else slowly was circling around them.

"you sound mad dumb for calling the police on MY 4 year old DAUGHTA??" sa'niyah tilted her head while throwing her hands around.

"you can't- YO WORD TO MA GRANDMOTHA IF I HEAR ONE MORE WORD FROM YOU YOUR WHITE ASS GON END UP ON THE FLOOR CAUSE U PISSIN ME THE FUCK OFF" sa'niyah shouted her lungs while hitting her fists on her hand, she didn't play when it comes to her child.

"fuck goin on??" one of the guys from the basketball courts said out loud as they all came down to the park after hearing sa'niyahs voice.

"this racist ass bitch gon call the police on a 4 year old" naomi said making everyone eye the white old women.

"he- her daughter put her hands on my son!" she avoid making eye contact with sa'niyah as she points directly at esmari while her hands were shaking.

"BITCH EVERYONE SAW YOUR SON PUSHED ANOTHA KID AND YOU WAS PUTTING YO HANDS ON MY OWN DAUGHTER FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU YO?- "niyah chill" ace pulls her back after sa'niyah pushed the white lady to the floor.

"mum!" the white boy cried seeing blood slowly coming out of her mothers head.

shit....

as everyone heard police sirens everyone ran they're separate ways. sa'niyah grabs esmari hands and ran back to the apartment while Naomi ran with jah'marey on her chest to they're own seperate ways.

sa'niyah and esmari both made it to the apartment. They both fast walked to their apartment door and went inside, sa'niyah close the windows and curtains holding the police wouldn't find them.

"mama I'm scared" esmari cried after witnessing the blood that was coming out of the lady's head and seeing everyone ran. sa'niyah hugged her tightly and kissed her cheeks multiple times. "is that lady dead"

"no baby she's not dead don't worry about her okay?" sa'niyah said holding the back of her head softly. and esmari nodded.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

fuck...

"don't worry baby" sa'niyah kissed esmaris forehead before checking who was at the door.

sa'niyah opens the door and ace rushes to go inside while wearing his hoodie over his head.

"was happening down there?"

"the police came down the park and they looking for whoever kill- she's not dead" sa'niyah widen her eyes looking at esmari then looking back at ace.

after hearing what had happen she held her hand up her head feeling stressed about what just had happen, she didn't mean to kill the lady, all she was doing was protecting her child.

*RING RING RING*

she looked down on her phone seeing that her grandma was calling her.

"hello-BABY ARE YALL OKAY I JUS HEARD THE NEWS"

"yes ma we good and what did you hear on the news?"

"oh thank you good JESUS!" her grandma prayed after hearing what had happen on the news she was worried sick.

"ma tell me what you heard on the news!"

"they say a white lady got killed in the park and now the whole area is in lock down until the police clear her body up" sa'niyah sighed after hearing that they were in lock down.

"how you gon get home ma?"

"don't worry bout me baby I'm gon stay with aunt linda for a bit until the area is safe"

"okay, ma phone about to die so I'll call you tomorrow"

"okay bye baby"

call ended

"who was dat?" ace asked.

"my grandma, she jus said the whole place is on lockdown for a few days until they clear out the park"

"so how am I gon get back home?"

"you can't, you'll have to stay with me for a few days"

"what about yo grandma?"

"she staying at her friends until we not on lockdown"
ace didn't mind sleeping here for a few days with sa'niyah so he was chill about it, however sa'niyah was stressed, she had to be at work tomorrow and drop off esmari to her daycare.

-

9:34 PM

esmari went to fell asleep on the coach, sa'niyah carefully placed her inside her grandmas bed and kissed her forehead before closing the door.

sa'niyah came back inside her room with pillows and a blanket for ace. she wore shorts and an oversized tee after her shower while ace wore his sweats and nothing else.

"where I'm gon sleep?" he asked coming inside the room after he changed in the living after showering.

"on the floor" sa'niyah said calmly while making eye contact with him.

"fuck no" ace mugged and layed ontop of the mattress. "yes you are now get off the mattress" sa'niyah rolled her eyes trying to take the blanket off him but ace was gripping on it tightly.

"either you gettin in or me stayin on the mattress" ace said getting comfortable as he layed his head on the pillow and sa'niyah groaned gettin on the mattress with ace.

he had a lil smirk on his face as sa'niyah layed infront of him.

"stay far away from me" sa'niyah looked behind her before turning off the lamp and closed her eyes to doze of to sleep.

"I cant sleep, I'm cold" ace said making sa'niyah open her eyes.

"fuck you want me to do?" she mugged scrunching up her face, all she wanted was sleep to sleep her stress away.

"sleep wimmie"

"boy no you grown" she rolled her eyes even though he couldn't see as the room was dark.

"come on niyah" he pulled sa'niyah back with one arm while his other arm layed out to where her head was.

"boy get your- shhh im tryna sleep stop talkin" ace cut her off closing his eyes while resting his arm on her waist.

sa'niyah dozed off to sleep feeling his warm hands rubbing up her stomach, feeling safe inside his arms.

TBC...

guys I don't really like this chapter but eh

comment and vote!

sorry for spelling mistakes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 100 15
My real life love story.
45.7K 1.4K 23
π˜›π˜π˜π˜•π˜Žπ˜š π˜Šπ˜π˜ˆπ˜•π˜Žπ˜Œ, π˜—π˜Œπ˜–π˜—π˜“π˜Œ π˜Šπ˜π˜ˆπ˜•π˜Žπ˜Œ, π˜π˜Œπ˜Œπ˜“π˜π˜•π˜Žπ˜š π˜Šπ˜π˜ˆπ˜•π˜Žπ˜Œ π˜›π˜–π˜–.....
464K 12.3K 43
Just read😌
5.9K 407 9
[A WATTPAD FEATURED COLLECTION] A collection of short stories. . . . . . Featured on Wattpad Short Story, Boxed Sets [12/05/2019] Multi-time Award Wi...