Harry Potter and the Lighting...

Von PeskyBird12345

How would the wizarding world react to a Boy Who Lived who is much different from what they expected? One tha... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 19

1.9K 65 8
Von PeskyBird12345

The Wizengamot functioned as both the Legislative and Judicial bodies of the British Magical government. Half the seats were comprised of Most Ancient and Noble Houses like Potter, Longbottom, Greengrass and Black; Ancient and Noble Houses like Bones, Smith, Nott, Macmillan and Lestrange; and finally Noble Houses like Malfoy, Davis, and Selwyn. Although the Malfoys were only a Noble House, they tended to throw their weight around by bribing others to get their work done. They were a family not of British origin and had migrated to the place after been booted out of France. It was widely speculated that Lucius Malfoy's father had bribed several members of the Wizengamot and the Ministry to get their family ennobled. But they weren't an Ancient House, something which rattled Lucius and Draco Malfoy.

Ten to fifteen per cent of the Wizengamot was reserved for the Ministry's Department Heads and Heads of major sub-departments as well, along with the holders of Orders of Merlin and elderly, wise people from around the country like Griselda Marchbanks and Tiberius Ogden along with youth representatives. The rest of the thirty-five to forty per cent was filled by members who were directly elected by the people of Magical Britain. Those who wanted to contest for a seat had to file an application with the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot and stand for election. The people would then vote for their candidate and the elected members would hold their seats for a period of seven years, the same tenure as the Minister of Magic and Chief Warlock.

The Minister of Magic was also voted in by the people. Any adult who was a citizen of Magical Britain meeting the required standards could contest in the election, but the candidate needed a majority vote in the Wizengamot to be able to be sworn in as Minister, along with the majority of votes cast by the people. The Chief Warlock, on the other hand, was chosen only by the members of the Wizengamot. Both positions were the highest positions a witch or wizard could hold in the British Magical world. The Minister of Magic was the face of the country, having executive powers, while the Chief Warlock acted as the speaker in case of legislative sessions and wielded judicial powers in case of trials. But the latter did not have absolute control over the judgements he delivers, as the Wizengamot may choose an alternative punishment should the majority decide that they did not agree with the decision of the Chief Warlock. The Minister represented the people and government while the Chief Warlock represented the Wizengamot. It was early during Dumbledore's third term as Chief Warlock was he impeached from office. Therefore, the government was a perfect blend of the old families; the intelligent and powerful; and the democratically elected people. This form of governance was more or less similar all over the Magical world in other countries as well.

HP*LIGHTNING LORD*HP

It was 10 AM when the members of the body assembled into the Wizengamot chamber. Unlike a regular session, an emergency session did not specify the agenda for the day as it usually was called for high profile criminal cases, which were passed on to the Wizengamot instead of dealing with it at the Council of Magical Law, where the usual trials took place. Legislative matters were usually carried out during the regular sessions.

Harry was wearing well-designed robes for the occasion, as he stood next to Cedric Diggory who mutely nodded to him. Harry watched as Albus Dumbledore took his seat along with the other members, with a grim smile on his face. The old man had not been able to retake his position of Chief Warlock; instead, Dowager Lady Acton was elected to the post. She was from the grey faction and had a strict no-nonsense expression on her face. She called the Wizengamot in session.

"Madam Bones" she boomed. "What is the agenda for this session?"

"We have a man who has been accused of sexual harassment and attempted rape of two minor boys, both students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry" she Amelia.

The chamber was deathly still as rape was an extremely serious offence in the magical world, especially if the victims were minors. "Who is the accused and who are the victims, Madam Bones?" asked Lady Acton.

Amelia cleared her throat and in a firm voice said, "The accused is Mr Gilderoy Lockhart, the present Defence against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts; and the victims are two boys – Cedric Diggory, 15 and Lord Hadrian Potter, 12."

The people were outraged. To think someone had the gall to rape their national hero was something they couldn't imagine. "Bring them in" said the Chief Witch.

Gilderoy Lockhart was brought in by two Aurors and made to sit on the chair. Chains immediately sprang up around his writs, holding him in place. Behind him, Cedric Diggory and Hadrian Potter entered the chamber and took their seats at the designated place for the plaintiff.

"Gilderoy Lockhart, you have been brought before the Wizengamot as you have been accused of sexual assault of two minor boys, along with attempted rape of Cedric Diggory and Lord Hadrian Potter. How do you plead?" asked Chief Witch Acton.

"Not guilty of all charges, I tell you! I was trying to save them! You must help me" shouted Lockhart. He looked ragged, and Harry knew that was because he was roughed up to get rid of his Occlumency shields, even though the man's shields were rudimentary.

"So noted" said the Chief Witch. "Madam Bones, proceed with your case."

Amelia spent the next ten minutes explaining to the members what had happened Saturday night. She showed them the memory of her interrogating Cedric and Harry after the incident. She again performed the Reverse spell effect on Lockhart's wand to prove that he had indeed used those spells last, which were described by the boys.

"I would like approval of this august body to grant the DMLE the right to use Veriteserum on the accused. We still have no idea if he has molested any victims prior to his attack of Mr Diggory and Lord Potter" said Amelia.

Just as the Chief Witch was about to speak, she was interrupted by someone saying "Hem Hem."

Amelia mentally groaned when she heard that sound. She really hated Dolores Umbridge, the newly appointed Senior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic. She was a bitch, and a nasty piece of work, not to mention a personal friend of Lucius Malfoy.

"The chair recognises Dolores Umbridge, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic" said the Chief Witch, with a bit of distaste. Clearly, she didn't like the woman either. Harry looked at Umbridge, and he had to control himself from laughing at the sight before him. Umbridge was a very short, plump woman, whose face resembled a toad. In fact, Harry was sure that she was going to croak any moment.

"Hem Hem. Thank you Chief Witch Acton" said Umbridge in a fake surgery sweet voice. Her eyes landed on Harry, and Harry saw that she had an evil glint in her eyes. Whatever she was going to say, he was sure he wasn't going to like it. "I was wondering if the Wizengamot could view Mr Potter's memory of the event. If he is not lying, I'm sure he would have no objection to do so, don't you agree?" she asked and gave a girlish giggle at the end.

Harry's eyes flashed an intense green. Before anyone could say anything, Sirius stood up and said "Objection, Chief Witch."

"The chair recognises Lord Sirius Black, Lord of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Black and Regent of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Potter" said Lady Acton.

"Thank you, Chief Witch. I would like to object to Madam Umbridge's proposal because it is unethical. This is because the memory in question shows both Mr Diggory and Lord Potter being sexually assaulted, and that being the case, both of them were forced to be completely undressed. I will not have my godson's naked body be displayed to the public nor will I have it on the front page of the Daily Prophet, and I'm sure Mr Diggory and rest of the members of this august body approve as well" he said firmly.

"Hem Hem. Are you suggesting that the boy in question may be lying? Mr Lockhart is a very famous author. Accusing him without presenting the main source of evidence is rather convenient, is it not? Especially considering how much publicity Mr Potter would get just to bring the man here" said Umbridge smiling sweetly at Harry.

"I would advise you to refer to Lord Potter by his official title, Madam Umbridge" said the Chief Witch. "He may not sit on the Wizengamot yet, but he is still a member. You will show the respect a member of this body deserves" she said severely.

"Chief Witch, if I may?" said Augusta Longbottom.

Harry saw Lady Acton's mouth twitch into a small smirk, but she replaced it very quickly, others not noticing it. Harry understood the reason why; Augusta Longbottom was a fierce witch, known for her forceful speeches in the Wizengamot and was a power to be reckoned with, much like Charlus Potter had been when he was alive. Neville had told him that she was overbearing and a hard-ass, but was fiercely protective of her family. She had cursed her brother into next week and back and cut off all contact with him for two years when the man had dropped Neville from the third floor of the manor. But Neville had confided in Harry that his grandmother had changed her attitude once she saw that her grandson was indeed talented in magic after gaining a new wand. She had apologised to Neville and had even got him several exotic plants for his greenhouse for his birthday.

"The chair recognises Dowager Augusta Longbottom, Lady of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Longbottom" said the Chief Witch.

"We are here to preside over the trial of Gildeory Lockhart because he has been accused of sexual assault and being a paedophile" said Lady Longbottom. "And if we are to understand Dolores Umbridge's words correctly, she is being the same and making us paedophiles as well by making this body watch the memory of a man sexually assault two naked boys. Is that what you cared to imply Madam Umbridge?" she asked in a lofty voice.

"How dare you!" said Umbridge, her face turning red. "I only want to view - " she said but was cut off by Sirius.

"If you are so hell bent on watching that memory Madam Umbridge, then I'll be happy to oblige by giving you the memory as well declaring a blood feud on you and your family" said Sirius in a calm voice. He knew there was nothing more to be said. The reputation of his family would see to that. "Are you willing to accept a blood feud declared by House Black against you, Madam Umbridge?"

People started murmuring and noise grew in the chamber. Umbridge went white as a sheet when she head Sirius's statement. Blood Feud was very serious business indeed, and hadn't been witnessed for almost two hundred years. It showed the Wizengamot just how far Sirius was willing to go to protect his godson. Harry was touched, and his eyes got a bit misty, but he reinforced his mental shields and the emotionless mask was back in place.

"Order!" said the Chief Witch as she banged her gravel on the desk. The hall quietened down. "That won't be necessary Lord Black. The proposal to view the victim's memory is denied. All those in favour of questioning the accused under Veritaserum?" she asked.

The majority of the members lit their wands and the motion passed. Amelia nodded to an Unspeakable stationed there and the woman came forward and administered three drops of the serum down the man's throat.

"What is your name?" asked Amelia.

"Gilderoy Lockhart" he answered in a monotone.

"In which house were you sorted into when you were at Hogwarts?"

"Ravenclaw" he replied.

Amelia looked at the Chief Witch, who nodded.

"Describe the events that took place on Saturday night involving Cedric Diggory and Hadrian Potter."

"Both boys had detention with me" said Lockhart. "When they entered, I was standing behind the door. Potter sensed me and turned back but I quickly stunned them both. I locked the door and levitated them to my bedroom. I removed their all their clothes and bound them with several binding spells. After fifteen minutes I entered the room to find both boys awake and struggling. I made them sit up and I began touching Harry Potter. I felt the boy was unusually beautiful and I wanted him as a prize. Cedric Diggory was older and could pleasure me, but Harry Potter was my trophy" he said much to the disgust of the Wizengamot.

"I stroked his penis for a minute and went and did the same to Diggory. I was playing around with Diggory's arse for a few minutes when I saw Potter struggling to get free. I wasn't worried since those charms were strong. So I went over to Potter and started fingering his arse. That's when to my surprise Potter broke free of the bindings. I was too shocked to react and he kicked me. I landed on the other side of the room. It was then I realised I had to neutralise him; Potter was clearly very powerful for his age. I threw curses at him, but he dodged them all. He looked very angry as he charged at me and beat me up. His punches and kicks were very painful, and I blanked out" he said in a bland voice, but wincing at the same time.

Many members had their mouth open in shock. Such incidents were unheard of in the magical world. Amelia cleared her throat and asked "Who were your other targets?"

"Daphne Greengrass - " he said but was interrupted when a voice roared "WHAT?"

Everyone turned to look at the furious face of Lord Cyrus Greengrass. "What do you mean Daphne was your target?" he roared at the man.

"She too is exceptionally beautiful for her age" replied Lockhart in the same voice. "She was my prize when it came to girls just like Potter was my prize in case of boys and I was planning on calling her to my office next after doing Potter. It was after mentioning Greengrass that Potter lost control and broke free of the bindings. He said that if I had touched one hair on her head, he would have cut me into pieces and fed me to dragons."

Cyrus snorted and smirked at Harry. Harry looked at his future father-in-law and smirked slightly as well and nodded to him. Harry didn't realise that he had just won some serious brownie points with his in-laws.

"Was it your intention to rape both boys?" asked Amelia.

"Yes" replied Lockhart amid outrage around him.

"Have you touched any other student in an inappropriate way?"

Lockhart gave the names of a few students who he had fondled, but nothing too serious. He had obliviated each of them so that they remembered nothing later.

"Chief Witch, if I may?" asked Harry, standing up. People looked at him with surprise, as a minor did not participate in the proceedings. The heirs of noble families were brought to the sessions to teach them of the working of the Wizengamot, but they very rarely spoke out.

"The chair recognises Lord Hadrian Potter, Lord of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Potter" said the Chief Warlock.

"May I ask the accused an important question, which deviates from this case? I assure you it might be quite enlightening and may uncover further crimes which have been masked" asked Harry. The Chief Witch frowned but nodded.

"Madam Bones, please ask the accused if what he has written in his books are true and if he really did achieve all those feats of magic" said Harry.

"Hem Hem. Objection; this question is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with this case" said Umbridge.

"Objection overruled. He already said it deviates from the case. Proceed, Madam Bones" said Lady Acton irritably.

"Mr Lockhart, are the books written by you factual? Did you actually do all the different feats mentioned in the book?" asked Amelia. She had to admit she was curious herself.

"No" came the reply.

"Elaborate" snapped Chief Witch Acton.

"I found people who had achieved all those great deeds. I interrogated them, later obliviated them and presented them as my work" he said.

"Give us the names of all your obliviated victims" she snapped again.

People were stunned as the list was quite long. Harry watched a press reporter write down furiously, even though a dicta-quill was writing the whole thing down. He was grateful that Rita Skeeter had not come to the session.

"I order the DMLE to contact all the victims and do their best to restore their memories. Gilderoy Lockhart, you have been found guilty of all your crimes. I would like the members to suggest a suitable punishment" said the Chief Witch.

"Give him the Dementor's kiss" snarled Cyrus Greengrass.

"Now, Chief Witch" said Dumbledore. The man had been quite all this time, and it looked like he could not stay quite anymore. "I agree that his crimes are numerous, but isn't death too harsh a punishment? I suggest a few years in Azkaban will make the man regret his actions. He should be allowed to grieve, and after that, I'm sure he'll turn out to be an honourable man. We should learn to forgive and give him a second chance" he said.

Normally, this speech would have worked wonders and Lockhart would have been placed in a low-security cell for a year because of Dumbledore. But the old warlock had overestimated his popularity after the debacle of last year. His words caused uproar within the chamber. "How dare you?" shouted one. "He tried to rape our children and you expect us to forgive him?" shouted another woman. "You're the one who hired him Dumbledore, you're responsible as well!" shouted someone else.

"Order! Order!" shouted Lady Acton. Finally, she let out a cannon blast from her wand and the hall quieted down. "While I agree that Dementor's kiss is extreme, there is no way this man is going scot free. All those who are in favour of confining the man for life in Azkaban?" she asked.

Almost all the members lit their wands. "So convicted. Gilderoy Lockhart, you are hereby sentenced to life in a maximum security cell in Azkaban. Take him away" she said.

Harry and Cedric looked at each other and smiled grimly. They were quite happy with the conviction. Harry looked at Dumbledore, whose eyes were blazing with fury. He would have to tread carefully for the next few months. There was no telling what the old headmaster would do.

HP*LIGHTNING LORD*HP

Harry and Cedric came back to Hogwarts that evening amid whispers around them. Harry didn't care to go into the Great Hall, so was on his way to the Room of Requirement when he heard someone call out "Harry!" The next thing he knew, he was engulfed in a tight hug. He stiffened as usual, but he could smell Daphne's perfume so he wasn't worried. He hugged her tight and could feel the tension melt away. Daphne rubbed soothing circles on his back and asked, "How are you holding up?"

"I'm fine" he whispered, still holding her to his chest.

Daphne pulled away slightly, cupped his face and said, "You always say that. Harry, I'm worried about you. While incidents like this aren't common in the wizarding world, I've heard it's the opposite in case of muggles. I can't imagine what state I would be if the same thing had happened to me. Are you truly alright?" Her face was filled with worry.

Harry smiled at her. "I really am alright Daphne, I promise. I broke free of the bindings before Lockhart could go any further. In fact, what really got to me was when he mentioned that you were his next target" he said.

Daphne's eyes went wide. "I was his next target?" she whispered.

Harry nodded grimly. He took her hand in his and said "I would never have allowed that. I will always protect you, Daphne. Even if it costs me my life, I will never let anything happen to you."

Daphne looked up and started into his eyes. Vivid green eyes met the deep blue orbs as they started at each other for several seconds. They moved closer, their faces almost touching each other. Daphne could feel Harry's breath on her face. Their lips were an inch apart. They closed their eyes, and just as their lips were about to meet –

"HARRY!" shouted a voice. Harry and Daphne suddenly flung away from each other, their faces beet red with embarrassment. They heard footsteps and soon they were joined by Neville, Hannah, Susan and Tracy. "Hey mate, we heard what happened. Are you alright?" asked Neville concerned.

Harry reinforced his Occlumency to control his emotions as he answered Neville. He couldn't believe he was that close to kissing Daphne! While he had dreamed about it, he didn't think he would actually do it! He looked at Daphne who was looking anywhere else but at him. He sighed when he realised that it was going to be a bit awkward around each other now. Why did Neville have to interrupt them?

The next day the Daily Prophet arrived as usual. Harry smirked when he saw the headlines.

GILDEROY LOCKHART SENTENCED FOR LIFE IN AZKABAN!

CONVICTED OF SEXUALLY ASSAULTING CHILDREN AND ILLEGAL OBLIVIATION!

The article was pretty accurate as it described him and Cedric Diggory almost being raped by the man, how he was brought in front of the entire Wizengamot, how Dolores Umbridge had wanted to see the memory of the incident, of Sirius and Augusta objecting to it citing morals, how Sirius had finally threatened to declare a blood feud against Umbridge unless she desisted, how Lockhart was dosed with Veritaserum where he confessed to it all, how he wanted to rape the boys and claim Harry Potter as his prize, how Daphne Greengrass was his next target, how he had obliviated so many people and stolen their work and sold his books claiming the deeds were done by him, how Albus Dumbledore suggested a light punishment but was slapped down and finally how the man was sentenced to life imprisonment. Neither Dolores Umbridge nor Albus Dumbledore came out shining after the article.

Witches and Wizards all over the country were spluttering and were stunned beyond belief. A few of Lockhart's greatest fans like Molly Weasley were still in denial, saying that it could not be true. But no one paid any attention to them as more than a few children had been harmed by the man, and they were screaming for his blood.

HP*LIGHTNING LORD*HP

"Nearly headless Nick was petrified along with that Hufflepuff boy?" asked Harry disbelievingly. They were on their way back to London, sitting in the Hogwarts Express. Harry didn't have any time before now to ask his friends about the Chamber of Secrets attacks as people were asking him and Cedric what had happened. He had deflected most of the questions with some clever use of wandless compulsion charms, but the fourth year Hufflepuff wasn't so lucky.

"Yeah" said Tracy. "They were found by the teachers on Sunday night. People are terrified to even walk the hallways alone as they think they're the next ones to be attacked. Really, what could harm a ghost?"

Harry pondered the same question. He still hadn't figured out what was behind the attacks. But a ghost getting petrified was troubling. It meant the creature, whatever it was, was more dangerous than he thought. He had tried figuring out what creature it could be, but none of the creatures fit the description for the attacks. The only thing that came close was a Basilisk, but he had scrapped that idea immediately; Basilisk stare causes death, not petrification. Besides, how could a thirty-foot long snake travel around the school without anyone seeing it? And while Salazar Slytherin might have hated muggles, there was no way he would have kept something as incredibly dangerous and deadly as a Basilisk in a school full of children! Even the thought of a giant snake in the bowels of the castle made Harry shudder. No, this creature was something different. What was it?

"But at least no one suspects you of being the Heir of Slytherin anymore" said Susan.

Harry nodded but was mentally wondering what Dumbledore's next move would be. He knew the aged Headmaster would do everything in his power to ensure that Harry would be cornered this year. So far, it wasn't anything bad. There were whispers, a few scared faces, but that was it. But he was worried what would happen in the next semester.

Once they reached Kings Cross station, Harry and his friends climbed out of the train and began searching for their families. This time, Sirius had insisted on coming to pick Harry up at the station, overruling Harry who claimed that he didn't want to be a burden. Harry found Sirius talking to Susan's parents. He said goodbye to his friends and portkeyed to Black Manor for the Yule holidays.

A few days later, Harry went to Greengrass Manor to meet Daphne. He had promised her that he would come clean with all his secrets during the holidays and he intended to keep his word. He wasn't worried about someone reading her mind as he had extensively trained Daphne in Occlumency for the past year. She still had to improve, but that would come with experience over the years. But he could confide in her without any fear.

Cyrus Greengrass was leery of letting his daughter go to Harry's house alone, but Harry promised him that they wouldn't do anything inappropriate. The man was only convinced after Harry proposed to swear a magical oath that he wouldn't do anything to hurt her, but thankfully Cyrus had told Harry that it wasn't necessary. Cleary, the older man had not yet forgotten Lockhart saying that his daughter was supposed to be his next target, so was quite fidgety.

HP*LIGHTNING LORD*HP

The fireplace at Potter Castle burst into emerald flames as two people stepped out. Harry flicked his fingers and the soot on both of them disappeared. "Welcome to Potter Castle, welcome home" he said, smiling at her.

Daphne took in the red and silver colours of the walls and the large Potter crest too. "Looks a bit Gryffindorish, don't you agree? Remove the silver and replace it with gold and it would be perfect" she said with a smile smirk.

Harry burst out laughing but didn't voice out the irony of her statement. It was highly speculated among various people in Wizarding Britain that a daughter of the Gryffindor family had married into the Potter family. But what was unknown to anyone other than the members of the House of Potter was that Godric Gryffindor's only daughter, Geraldine Gryffindor had married Alan Potter. Godric considered Alan his prodigy, having personally trained the young Potter heir in the field of Battle magic. Harry didn't know the exact story, but he knew for a fact that Godric Gryffindor had spent his last days at Potter Castle. In fact, the Founder's body was buried in the Potter family's graveyard as well. So it was quite funny when Daphne described the decorations as Gryffindorish, even though the family crest and colours were chosen long before the time of Godric.

Harry gave her a tour of the large castle and described a bit about its history. After that, he took her to his study and gave her a small box. "What's this?" asked Daphne.

"A gift, for Yule" replied Harry with a smile.

Daphne opened the box and her eyes went wide when she saw what was inside. She took out a beautiful heart shaped Platinum Locket, studded with multiple diamonds. It really was spectacular. "Open it" whispered Harry.

Daphne opened the locket to find two pictures of her and Harry together. In one, both of them were blowing kisses at each other; it was really adorable. The other one showed both of them hugging each other, nuzzling the other's face adoringly. The picture really was amazing and spoke volumes. Harry took the chain and gently placed it around her neck. Daphne hugged him tightly, idly noticing that he didn't stiffen to her touch as much as he did before. "Thank you. I love it" she said.

"You're welcome" he said, kissing the top of her head.

"By the way, what is it with you and diamonds anyway?" she asked teasingly. "First the ring, then the bracelet, and now the locket; I must be the luckiest girl in the world."

Harry blushed, just as the portrait of Dorea Potter burst out laughing. They turned to look at her when Harry's painted grandmother said "You'll have to blame me for that I'm afraid. I was very fond about diamonds when I was alive and it looked like it passed on to my grandson as well. He constantly wears a diamond chain designed for men around his neck, do you know that? And now it looks like it is his preferred gift to you as well!"

"Well, I certainly don't have room to complain, Lady Potter. He really has an exceptional taste" said Daphne, touching the locket. "Mother would be so jealous; Father is horrible when it comes to buying jewellery. I should know; he bought me something that looked so terrible that Mother was horrified. So I'm actually very lucky" she said grinning.

"Before we start our discussion, I have something for you as well" said Daphne, interrupting Harry who was about to open his mouth. She called for a house elf that brought her a rectangular package. She handed it to Harry and said "Happy Yuletide, Harry"

Harry slowly opened the package. It turned out to be a book, stitched in beautiful deep red leather, with the Potter crest embossed on the cover. He opened it and gasped. On the first page was a picture of his parents, holding him as a baby. Written below the photograph, was clearly in Daphne's neat handwriting 'James, Lily and Harry Potter. 31st July 1981. Potter Manor'

He turned the pages and found more pictures of his parents. Many of them were of James and Lily growing up at Hogwarts, pictures which were taken when they had started dating, pictures of their wedding, pictures of baby Harry, pictures of Harry riding on Padfoot and Prongs, Harry riding on a toy broomstick around the manor's grounds, and more. Harry couldn't see more as tears were blurring his vision. He turned to face Daphne who said "I got these pictures from your parents' friends. Lord Black was more than happy to provide them to me, but I'm pretty sure he was kicking himself for not thinking of the idea first. I didn't know where to find pictures of your mother until I remembered you telling me that Alice Longbottom is your godmother. So I asked Neville to look for any pictures he could find during the summer, and thankfully he found quite a few. As for your baby pictures, well, let's just say that your house elves really adore you, not to mention they wanted to get to know their future Lady Potter and see if I was up to their standards and worthy of being your wife. The good news is that I passed with flying colours! They now -"

She was cut off by Harry placing his lips on hers. Daphne was momentarily stunned by the kiss, but closed her eyes and put her arms around his neck. Their lips moved slowly against each other, and after few more seconds, they broke apart. Harry immediately hugged her tightly and cried silently into her neck. Daphne didn't know how to deal with an emotional Harry, but she gently stroked his hair and hugged him back. After a minute, Harry breathed deeply and got his emotions under control.

"Thank you, Daphne. This is the best gift anyone has ever given me. Thank you so much" he said, his voice thick with emotion.

"Anything for you Harry" she said, smiling at him.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

322K 18.1K 70
Y/n Grindelwald is boy born into a powerful but feared wizarding family. At the age of 11 he has received his invitation to learn magic at the famous...
303K 6.3K 31
This is a fanfiction that I have found on Ao3. Actually Story Summary: After the war Harry Potter's world falls apart. Then he is offered a chance...
13.9K 605 54
Being apart of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Black was supposed to mean an easy life filled with wealth and prosperity. That was until Opaline'...
236K 7.1K 68
Dumbledore was surprised when Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, came to Hogwarts. He expected a saviour, what he got was a damaged boy who has no inte...