How to Run From the Mess You...

By Shrimpsparty_hat

A PJO/HoO fan fiction written by a 13/14 yr old girl ๐Ÿ‘ ------- TW: HAS PERSONAL OCs AND OCxCHARACTER SHIPS More

Whoa, What a Place.
There Are Weirder Ways to Learn About Death
.... WHO IS APHRODITE???
Umbrella, Ella, Ella, ellAH
Oops
Words To Live By.
LeSky: Valentines Day Special
'Just Friends,' Huh?
Alice In Zombieland
Ironically Alive.

What..?

3 0 0
By Shrimpsparty_hat

(HEYYY!!! IM FINALLY ON MARK OF ATHENA OH MY GODS.)

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, i've been overthinking starting high school :')

TW: Mention of Suicide and self harm.

---------------------------

Leo awoke early this morning; the sun was just barely peaking over the horizon. At first, he didn't know what had woken him, but then he heard a knock at the cabin door.

One of the first things that Leo did when he awoke in his cabin, was go to the bathroom and take a good look at his reflection. As he was brushing his hair, he was wondering if the new day was going to be any different from yesterday. Something in his gut told him that it was going to be very different.

Suddenly. there was a knock on the cabin door that caught Leo's attention. He slowly walked over to the door and opened it slightly, still half-dressed and groggy.

Out of all the people he was expecting, it ended up being - puffy-eyed, looks like she's been crying for hours - Sade.

"Hey, uh.. I need to talk to you."

Her playful demeanor from the night prior has completely washed away, it probably came out with the tears she shed.

Where's Sky?

Leo immediately welcomed her in, his mind racing as he wondered what was happening since he'd never seen her like this. She's been at camp for a few weeks now, and he's never seen her break down and look so fragile before. "Is everything alright? What did you need to talk to me about?"

"I need to warn you of something."

Are you kidding me?

His anxiety quickly spiked, and he reached for his tool belt, which he just now realized he wasn't wearing. She didn't seem to have any bad intentions, so he invited her inside and shut the door behind her, leaving the two of them alone in the cabin. His eyes still showed a faint hint of concern. "Okay... So, what do you need to warn me 'bout?"

"The... thing. with Rachel. It's supposed to be a quest, like a test of fate. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone, but I felt guilty not letting you know..." She crosses her arms, picking at the acne on her shoulders nervously.

What kind of prank is this? because it sure as hell isn't a good one.

He immediately tensed at the mention of a quest. Sade was being a little vague about what the thing with Rachel was, and it was giving him a feeling that it might not be something good at all. Leo was trying his best to stay calm since he wanted to get more details on the situation from Sade. He spoke up softly, still showing a genuine amount of concern.

"Sade, tell me what you know about this quest... do I need to be worried?"

As soon as he mentioned his worry, her eyes began to water as if she'd done this on a loop. "I'm sorry," She sighs before continuing, "I... It's my fault that this whole thing is happening."

His eyes widened, and his worry immediately turned to fear. If Sade was crying, this must be something deep. He didn't want anything terrible to happen, and he also wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be seriously bad as Sade was seeming to indicate.

"Sade... what is it? Now you're saying you caused all of this...? What did you do?" He knew better than to ask, but it slipped.

Gods damn it. I'm screwed.

She inhales sharply, wiping her tears before speaking. "I... Well, as you can see, I'm alive. and that's the problem." She continues to pick at her arms, and her scabs begin to bleed. "I... There's been a quest issued, and I... I wasn't supposed to tell you, or even be here. but..." She laughs softly, "Here I am!"

This statement only made him more concerned.

"So... there's a quest because you're alive? I know I shouldn't pry, but what exactly does the quest entail? What's going to happen?"

"So, Hades wants me dead so he can keep his daughter. We have to leave camp for a while to see how well i'll do in the mortal world." A dark expression crossed over her face for just a second, and Leo could have sworn she was planning something horrible. "But, we could make it fun! You and Sky could go sightseeing, and you two could make it a date!" She smiles, clearly not including herself in the plans for a reason.

This only annoyed Leo. hes now realized that she was indeed holding something back, and keeping some kind of secret. He knew whatever the quest was, she was definetly planning on going as well, since it was centered around her. The two of them were really good friends, he knew she would never leave him hanging in a tough situation like this one.

"Wait a second, ive had my fair share of quests, and this doesnt sound right. Especially since this was executed for you, and youre leaving yourself out of the plans. Sade, what exactly are you not telling me?"

She sighs and looks up to meet his gaze, only to be met with a pity-filled look. it didnt help her feel any better about this whole thing. "It's... its hard to explain. The Oracle can tell you better than i can. the summary is; Sky, me, some other dude, and you have to go on a quest. There will be others to help us along the way, and we only have to avoid Morana, Hades' daughter that i supposed to try to kill me. We have already crossed paths, and we cant met each other or the quest fails, which would mean the world would be at stake..."

It was then that she realized she was crying, and quickly wiped away her tears. "I'm sorry for dragging you into this, Leo.."

The more she explained, the worse he felt, each sentence felt like a punch to the gut. He never imagined something so serious could be centered around such a goofy, fun and loving girl. Morana... the worlds at stake... all these heavy words felt like they weighed the world. he knew she had to hold all of this on her shoulders, but now he felt like the weight of the words were transferred to his stomach... it was all just so overwhelming. He grew more concerned as she spoke, but he forced himself to listen. he knew this quest was going to be extremely dangerous and Sade was acting very apologetic for it.

Then, as if reading his mind, Sade stepped forwards and hugged him.

"Please, you shouldn't go... but if you do, you and Sky can leave me, and I'll be fine. We can go our separate ways and meet back at camp."

Even though her voice was trembling and breaking, she powered through her tears to tell him he could ditch her and she wouldn't blame him. She held in the majority of her feelings, but a small tear slipped.

This only triggered Leo's worry and sorrow to convert to him being upset. He's not just sad but upset. He's disappointed that she would think he was just going to leave her like that, especially after this interaction. he could see how hard this was on her, and he could see how much this has bothered her. he couldn't help but wonder...

How long has she been going through this alone?

He hugged her tighter and sighed, "No, I'm going. If this whole thing is to be taken seriously, I have to be there. you know that much, right?" He leaned into her more, and now realized that her hair was soaked.

Not just her hair, but her entire body was soaked.

she smelled of lake water...

what was she doing before she got here?

Sade sighs, and wipes her tears to prevent them from staining his clothes, even though they were already stained with oil and machine stuff. "I... i guess so."

He pulls back enough to see her. "Sade, you're coming back right? I know its dangerous, but i just want to make sure... because i really..." He sighs, "I really do care about you. And i dont want anything to happen to you..."

She smiles and leans against him, her heart dropping to her stomach as she heard him speak such delicate words. "Thank you, Leo..." It made her regret what she was going to say next, but she just couldn't keep it quiet anymore.

"but all this is happening because im alive, right? I want to fix the issue so bad..."

He remained silent for a second, due to her words being true. he thought that this quest was happening because of her, and she wanted to fix it.

"you shouldnt have to fix it alone. If this is a problem that needs to be solved and the world may end if you fail... then this quest is something that is worth taking every precaution on. And that means including me. So you cant stop me from trying to help you."

He smiles gently, and pats her on the back.

She sighs and looks at the ground... "But... i could always stop it at the source, right? It's only a problem because I'm alive. I am the source." She lets her body relax in his arms, and she just leans on him, her arms loosening around him, but still holding onto his shirt.

Leo wanted to comfort her somehow, but he doesn't know how. Comforting was never his strong suit.

"Sade. I know your life means a lot to you. and i know you don't want anything to happen to you. but... what can i do? what can i say?"

"Well Leo..." She sighs. "There's not much you can do.. or really say.. but what if i did? What if i ended... the problem at the source?"

she pulls away from the hug slightly, lifting her head so she can look at him. it was now obvious that she was on the verge of absolutely losing it. She smiled softly, tears slowly cascading down her face, her eyes still swelling with more. "I am the source, Leo."

Leo felt like he just got punched in the chest and his heart fell out of his ass with what she just said. she was being serious. she was serious about wanting to end her life to try to fix the problem herself. He never even expected her to be talking about something this serious right now.

WHAT THE HELL?!

His face shows more concern as he tries to speak to her softly, as if she would break like a glass if he spoke too loudly.

"Please. You can't be talking about something like this. You know this isnt the way. Sade, you're telling me you would actually... end your life for this?"

"It would save everyone! It would give us so much more time... and my mother would make sure I get a good place in the afterlife. It would be good for everyone, and that poor girl wouldn't have to risk her life out there in the mortal world."

She sighs and feels his hands getting dangerously warm.

shit.

She quickly pulls his hands away from her body, watching as his hands start to steam.

He doesn't even realize that he almost set her shirt ablaze and continues their conversation. "But... you would be giving up your whole life because of this. What about your future? Your family? Me... and Sky?"

His hands began to tremble as he spoke. Sade was talking about this like it was some ordinary thing. Leo knew that if this quest failed, many people and maybe even the gods could be at risk. Sade taking her life though, was not a good solution at all. He knew that, but he didn't know how to counter her reasons.

All she could do was sigh, because she knew she couldn't get him to change his mind now. she could already tell that if she was to try to go through with her plan again, he would stop her and have eyes on her at all times. "I know... I.."

She wraps her arms around him again, "I'm sorry I had to bother you with this."

Leo was even more saddened by the fact that he didnt know how to help her, and didnt realize until he heard a faint hissing and saw steam, that his hands were about to catch fire. He quickly removed them from Sade's body and stared at them.

"You didn't bother me, I promise you. but... you cannot take your life for this, Sade. please... you have so much to live for and you would be hurting so many people. Even me, okay...?" He leans against her shoulder and wraps his arms around her back.

Sade agreed with a sigh. "O-okay... im sorry..."

Leo's eyes started to show more tears as he continued to stay in this one embrace with Sade. He didn't want to let go because he felt like he would lose her forever if he did. This situation is too overwhelming for him to handle at this point but he can't do anything about it.

"... don't want you to ever consider this solution again, Sade... you're mv friend and I don't know what I would do without you... I care about you a lot and I don't want to lose you for anything..."

it was then that Leo's phone started ringing, Sade's caller ID popping up as he grabbed his phone in his pocket.

Sade immediately starts laughing, the tension in the room dying slowly as she did. "Oh my gods- I left my phone at the cabin!"

Leo looks confused at first, so she explains further through her laughter.

"I think Sky is calling."

His mood shifts instantly at the mention of his lover, and he smiles. even though they were talking, he doesnt want to lose his chance so he answers his phone.

"LEO VALDEZ. WHERE IS SADE???"

oh boy.

_________________

(I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE CHAPTER!! THIS TOOK ME OVER AN HOUR AND I PROBABLY WONT UPDATE FOR A WHILE....)

(2382 words.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 185 21
โ We were both young , when I first saw you โž WHEN Jason's gone missing, and in the process of looking for him, his protector floods a school, gets s...
57.2K 2.1K 31
| percy jackson x reader | high school au | #1 in percyjacksonxreader 10. 29. 19 | completed Percy Jackson hasn't seen Y/N L/N in over two years, but...
77K 3K 31
โ come on, come on, don't leave me like this i thought i had you figured out โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ two demigods, both forbidden in many different ways, f...
60.3K 1.8K 20
๐™—๐™ค๐™ค๐™  ๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™ค๐™› ๐™๐˜ผ๐™‡๐™‡๐™€๐™‰ ๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™‚๐™€๐™‡ ๐™จ๐™š๐™ง๐™ž๐™š๐™จ.... ๐™‡๐™„๐™‡๐™„๐™๐™ƒ ๐™‰๐™„๐™‚๐™ƒ๐™๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™‚๐™€๐™‡. ๐˜ผ ๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ข๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™š๐™™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™˜๐™š๐™ก๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™–...