Pulse and Petals

By CarnationCarrie

Evara Nayak (23) I moved to New York, the city where dreams come true. I shouldn't even be here in the first... More

Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec

Alec

68 3 19
By CarnationCarrie

Give me your attention now! If you are reading this book and you are obsessed with the characters don't forget to vote and comment. It would mean so much to me. I wanna know your reactions on every chapter! Follow me on my Instagram @browngirlwattpad for updates and DM me your views on this story. It would make me really happy 🩷

As Evara strides out, her hips swaying in that damn saree, my eyes devouring her every move, I can't tear my eyes away. Every step she takes sends a jolt of electricity straight to my dick, making it pulse and throb with a desperate need. I watch her go, the way her hair cascades down her back, the curve of her ass disappearing into the darkness of the club.

The urge to grab her, to bend her over that damn desk and fuck her senseless until she's screaming my name to a point where she can't fucking breathe and begging for mercy, is like a wildfire threatening to consume everything in its path. The only reason I'm holding back is because I don't want to scare her away.  That's the last thing I want.

She's like a goddamn siren, tempting me with every move she makes. And as she vanishes into the throng of people, I'm left standing here, my cock straining against the fabric of my pants, begging for release. Aching for her in a way that's almost unbearable. But I know I have to be patient. I have to wait for the right moment to make my move.

I'll be damned if I let her slip away. No, I'll bide my time, play this push and pull game that she loves, until I can have her exactly the way I want her. And, when that time comes, I'll make damn sure she screams my name so loud the whole damn city hears it.

I'll make sure she knows just how much I want her. Until then, I'll just have to settle for the image of her walking away, etched into my mind like a goddamn tattoo.

My breath hitches, and I have to clench my fists to keep from reaching out and pulling her back to me. It's like trying to hold back a goddamn tsunami, but I know I have to keep it together.

As my mind races with wild thoughts, my attention is suddenly drawn to the silver crystal butterfly hairclip in my hand. The delicate outline of the wings is adorned with sparkling rhinestones adding a touch of glamour to the accessory, while the inside features crystal-like detailing that catches the light with every movement. It's a sharp contrast to the tension coursing through my clenched fists. Her hairclip. Just a small trinket, but it feels weighty in my palm.

What's with this girl and butterflies? It's not the first time I've noticed her obsession with them. They're everywhere, from the pendant of her necklace to the couch cushion in her apartment.

As much as I enjoyed watching her walk around in that sexy backless blouse, I couldn't stand the way every other guy in the room was practically drooling over her. It made my blood boil, I wanted to pound their faces in for daring to look at her like that. Beat them all to a pulp until I saw red. But I couldn't risk ruining Noah's damn engagement party, could I?

So I did the only thing I could think of. After helping her with the hook of her blouse, I reached up and removed the tiny hair clip holding her silky smooth hair in place. Watching the long hair cascaded down her back, covering the bare skin that had been drawing so much attention, I couldn't help but feel a twisted sense of satisfaction. It was a new feeling for me, this newfound possessiveness, but damn if it wasn't driving me crazy.

Clipping the hairclip onto the lapel of my tux, I can't help but smile at the memory of her reaction to my touch. The way she scurried away, as if her ass was on fire—technically, it kind of was.

It surprises me how she manages to put this stupid grin on my face, she has a way of softening me up, making me feel things I thought I was immune to. She doesn't even have to do anything special—  she manages to stir up chaos in my life just by existing. With a shake of my head, I'm heading out to join the party.

******

Noah is bidding his guests farewell, I stood by his side, keeping him company amidst the dwindling crowd. Over at the booth in a distance, Nick and Jack are nursing their whiskeys like it's the last drink on earth. Then, here comes Evara, strolling up and catching my eye. She doesn't seem to notice me, and if she did, she'd probably bolt again.

"Done with your work?" Nick's voice breaks through the lingering chatter.

"Yeah, I'm about to head out," Evara replies with a hint of exhaustion. "Once everyone leaves."

Nick gestures towards the array of drinks. "Come on, have a drink with us."

Evara hesitates, "uh,,no, thanks. I really shouldn't."

Jack jumps in with his smooth talk,  "Don't worry, your work is done. It's time to celebrate."

Evara relents with a hesitant nod. "Um, okay."

Nick's enthusiasm is palpable. "That's what I'm talking about! Whiskey?"

"Eh, no. It stinks. I'm a vodka girl." Evara wrinkles her nose. That's so adorable. What the fuck? Since when do I find anything adorable.

Nick chuckles, calling over a waiter and ordering four shots without missing a beat.

Jack, ever the conversationalist, leans in. "So, where exactly are you from?" Why does he care?

"Bangalore," Evara replies proudly. "It's in Karnataka."

"I know the city," Jack nods approvingly. "Pretty cool."

Nick's curiosity is piqued. "Wait, you're from South India?"

Evara beams, nodding vigorously. "Yup!"

"You don't speak Hindi?" Nick asks, surprised. We know hindi, we don't speak that at home but when we visit mom's side of the family, it's of great use.

"I do," Evara replies with a smile. "But it's not my first language. I'm a native Kannada speaker."

"Damn girl!", Nick's eyes widen in realization as the waiter returns with the shots. Evara graciously thanks him, just like the day in the restaurant. Guess it's an habit.

With a swift motion, she downs all four shots in quick succession, prompting cheers from Nick.

Okay, that girl just drank four shots back to back. Hot damn. Pretty sure I'm the reason for her impulsive behaviour.

Jack has a smirk on his face, "Easy there, tiger!"

Nick offers more, "What some more?" and Evara eagerly accepts, "Hell yeah!"

I observe Evara knocking back shots like a pro, a mix of concern and amusement washes over me. The girl's definitely feeling the buzz, but there's a lightness on her face that's infectious. I know I should probably step in and put a halt to the alcohol train, but she looks so damn happy. Besides, I'm the designated driver tonight, so I'll make sure she gets home safe.

She's cautious, always has been. If she's throwing back shots like this, she must feel comfortable and safe. At least, that's what I tell myself as I lean back against the wall, keeping a watchful eye on her.

Nick and Jack seem to be egging her on, offering more drinks like it's a challenge. But Evara's not one to back down from a challenge, especially when she's in such high spirits.

I can't help but chuckle to myself as I watch the scene unfold. Evara's laughter rings out, infectious and carefree.

I know I'll have to intervene soon, but for now, I'll let her revel in the moment. After all, she deserves to have an amazing night. And with me behind the wheel, she'll be safe no matter what.

"I have a question for you, Nick," she says, her tone playful.

"Yeah?" Nick responds, leaning in with interest.

"Are you adopted?" she asks, her expression dead serious. She actually wants to know if that's true.

Nick's face contorts in disbelief, and I can't help but snort. Jack snorts too, adding to the hilarity of the moment.

"What the fuck?" Nick exclaims, his shock evident. He's screaming now, "It's the hair, isn't it? They took Mom's beauty genes! I got Dad's hair. He's blonde."

I almost laughed out loud , while Jack chuckles along, nodding in mock sympathy.

Evara just shakes her head, "Well, at least you got the charm to go with it."

Nick gives her a mock bow. "Why, thank you, milady."

Jack jumps in, "Yeah, and I got the brains. It's a tough life being the smart one."

Evara raises an eyebrow, teasingly skeptical. "Sure, sure. And I'm the queen of England."

Then she continues, "No, really. You're like really, really sweet, but these two," she points at Jack with two fingers, "they're always mad about one thing or other."

Jack in confusion, "I'm the only one here?"

Evara just shrugs, unfazed. "I know. The other one must be somewhere making someone cry."

Nick bursts into laughter, and even Jack can't help but shake his head and smirk.

"You're a lightweight," Nick teases, "This is gold."

"Seriously, tell me. Are you adopted?" Seems like she isn't going to let go until she gets an answer.

Nick chuckles, "No, Evie. I'm not adopted. I'm sweet like my mom. They took my dad's grumpy genes."

"Huh, makes sense," she replies, nodding in understanding.

Then, leaning in as if she's about to share a scandalous secret, Evara whispers loud enough for the whole room to hear, "Did you guys know Alec can smile? No, actually, he can chuckle! Like, make a sound when he smiles!"

Yeah everyone heard that. She doesn't realise, her whisper isn't a whisper. I freeze, realizing Evara's lack of volume control could lead to trouble. I should probably steer her away from Nick and Jack before she drops any more bombshells.

Nick chokes on his drink and Jack's eyes widen for a brief second, he speaks in a calm nonchalant tone, "Yeah."

"You knew about this?" Evara is genuinely shocked.

Nick is speaking now, his expression full of surprise and confusion, "He only smiles and laughs with us. He loves us."

Evara's eyes widen in disbelief. "What? He LAUGHS?" she practically screams, standing up from her seat.

"When did you see him smile? I mean chuckle?" Jack the ass is onto me now? He should definitely stop inserting his nose in my business.

I quickly make my way over to her, hoping to steer the conversation away from any potential bombshells. But before I can intervene, Evara continues, "When he was at my apartment and I complimented him."

Jack's curiosity is piqued. "He was at your apartment?"

Evara nods, nonchalant. "Yup. He even got me this beautiful outfit."

Nick looks like he's choking on air, and Jack's eyes widen in surprise. They both ask simultaneously, "He got you a gift?"

Nick's voice is practically a shout, while Jack remains calm, though the gears are clearly turning in his head. They both know something's up.

Evara starts venting, her tone becoming more serious. "Yup, he thinks he can buy me with fancy gifts. Guess what? He can't. I accepted this only because he had a penalty to pay for calling me 'unprofessional.' I was 5 minutes late, Nick. Five minutes. And it wasn't even my fault! Your dumbass hotel elevator didn't work. I'm blaming it on your security system, Jack." She's pointing at Jack now. "Because of that, Alec gives me hell. He picks me up because he thinks I can't show up on time. He picks me up every fucking time! It pisses me off. He thinks I don't have professional ethics. Ugh, sometimes I just wanna throw something at him."

As she finishes with her rants, she picks up the water glass from the table and throws the water to her left, where I'm walking towards her. The cold water splashes across my face, and instinctively, I close my eyes for a brief moment. When I open them again, I drag my hand across my face in an attempt to wipe it off.

I stand there, drenched in water, feeling the icy droplets drip down my clothes. For a moment, I'm at a loss for words, processing what just happened. Evara doesn't seem to notice, her attention focused on Jack and Nick, who are standing up from their seats, clearly stunned by the sudden turn of events.

Nick and Jack are gaping at Evara and me, Evara casually asks, "Why do you guys look like you've just witnessed a murder?"

Nick, still recovering from the shock, manages to find his voice. "We might just do now."

Jack, trying to sound calm, addresses her, "Uh, Evara. Alec is here."

I meet her gaze steadily, hands in my pocket, offering nod, "Glad you got that off your chest."

She slowly turns to Nick and Jack, who are suppressing a laugh at her sudden realization. Evara's vodka high is completely gone now, replaced by shock and embarrassment. "Don't worry, I got this", she speaks fast and hurriedly,  "I'm gonna go grab some tissues," before darting off to the bar counter to grab some.

Nick and Jack exchange a glance, their laughter bubbling just beneath the surface. "Well, that escalated quickly," Nick remarks, unable to contain a chuckle.

Jack nods in agreement, still trying to suppress his amusement. "Yeah, who knew a simple comment could turn into a water fight?"

I take a moment to remove my jacket and drape it over the back of my chair, trying to shake off the residual water.

Nick speaks up, breaking the silence. "So that's it? You're not gonna blast her?"

Jack shakes his head, a smirk playing on his lips. "Nah, I don't think so. Something tells me, he would happily take two more glasses of water in his face if she wanted."

My gaze locked onto Jack, a silent warning flashing in my eyes that said, "Don't push it."

With a sharp exhale, I turned away, focusing my attention on the bar counter where Evara struggled to grab a bunch of tissues. A man sitting on the bar stool next to her gropes her ass. Everything turns red in an instant. "That motherfucker," I seethe, my fists clenching at my sides as I stride towards him, Jack and Nick following closely behind.

Just as we're about to intervene, Evara's fist connects with the man's face, sending him reeling back with a yelp of pain. That's my girl, a proud smile creeping onto my face as I watch the tiny powerhouse in action. This one is a menace.

A female voice nearby echoes my sentiments with a hearty "Attagirl!" But there's no time to turn and see who it is, as Evara's tone turns deadly serious. "Keep your filthy hands off of me!" Damn, she's fierce.

I'm taken aback by the transformation from Princess to Warrior Princess, and I can't deny the surge of attraction that courses through me. She's a force to be reckoned with, and the realization only serves to make her a hundred times sexier in my eyes.

But before I could fully process this newfound admiration, the man rose from his stool, his rage boiling over as he lashed out at Evara, "You bitch!", and grabbing her arm forcefully. Without a second thought, my fist connected with his jaw, sending him sprawling against the bar counter.

Evara steps away, and I waste no time in seizing the man by his collar, raining down blows upon him as if he's my personal punching bag. Adrenaline surged through my veins, each blow felt a surge of satisfaction.

Suddenly, a bunch of guys came out of nowhere, trying to pull me away. These aren't my men,  my security team knew better than to intervene in my affairs. One of them managed to land a solid shot on my jaw, but before I could react, Nick and Jack were on them like a pair of tornadoes, taking them out faster than you could say "bar fight."

The chaos escalated as fists flew and bodies collided, the once lively atmosphere of the bar now reduced to a handful of people caught in the crossfire.  Noah and Tiana are no way to be found.

With the man now lying on the ground, trembling like a scared rabbit, I grab a beer bottle from the counter, smash it against the edge of the bar, the glass shattering into pieces, its sharp edges gleaming menacingly in the dim light.

Pressing my knee onto his chest, I pin his right hand to the ground and drive the sharp edges into his palm with a satisfying crunch. "Nobody touches what's mine,"  my voice dripping with menace.

I grabbed the man by the collar, my grip like a vice, and dragged him before Evara, my eyes blazing with intensity. "Apologize," I commanded, my tone calm but laced with a threat that cut through the air like a knife.

The man groaned in pain, his voice barely a whisper as he mumbled out his apology, "I I'm s-sorry". But it wasn't enough. Not nearly enough. With a swift motion, I pushed him away, watching with satisfaction as he crumpled to the ground, his hand a gruesome sight, the broken beer bottle pieces embedded in his flesh.

His cries of agony echoed through the empty bar, a stark reminder of the consequences of his actions. But I wasn't done yet. With a rush of unbridled rage, I delivered a swift kick to the man's jaw, my foot connecting with bone-crushing force. As his head snapped back, I felt a surge of satisfaction wash over me, "That's for calling her a bitch," I spat, my voice dripping with contempt as I uttered the words.

With the chaos slowly subsiding, I turn to Dante, who's standing nearby, "Dante," I call out, my voice firm and commanding. "Kick each one of them out."

I turn my attention back to the man on the ground, who's nursing his bloody hand and bruised jaw. Stepping closer, I look down and lock eyes with the unworthy piece of shit, my expression stern.

"If I see you anywhere within 500 meters radius of this club," I warn, my voice low and threatening, "you'll have more to worry about than a bloody hand and broken jaw."

Then I give a knowing look to Dante and he nods in understanding, immediately springing into action along with the other guys to escort the piece of shit and his buddies out of the club.

I walk over to Evara, who's still visibly shaken from the altercation. "Are you ready to go, Princess?" I ask, my voice calm and collected.

She simply nods, her expression a mix of relief and exhaustion. I reach for my jacket, draped over the back of a nearby chair, and sling it over my shoulders.

Glancing over at Nick and Jack, who are watching us with concern, I give them a nod. "We'll be right behind you," they assure me, their expressions serious but supportive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.1K 191 1
|COMPLETED| |REPUBLISHING| "Why are you rejecting the proposal?" "First of all , i have no interest in marriage and secondly she doesn't meet my sta...
5.9K 529 36
Featured in: "Head Over Heels" Reading List by @Romance "Shattered Memories" by @WattpadAsianFiction "Ace Of Hearts" by @WattpadChicklitIN *** Naina...
199K 17.7K 69
Sequeal of 'Home To You' can be read stand alone. ©️All Right Sereved by me @deliciouspeach__ (writer_maira)©️ 25 years have passed and everything i...
3.6K 445 14
Dr, Siddharth Oberoi, 36 year old general surgeon the one who is most respected yet feared in the medical realm but has secrets of his own ,unknown t...