games operations | jamie drys...

By musicsports

falling in love with my ohl crush was not on my radar. coming with him to the nhl was even further away. More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Twenty-One

318 6 0
By musicsports

"Okay guys sorry I'm late, I got caught up in another meeting. Let's get started on our meeting today." I said in the game crew office. I was getting all of the game crew ready for the game tonight, running through the script with them all. I told them all of the promotions and wha everyone was on the the night, including getting contestants for the intermission games and activities. In the middle of explaining the second period there was a knock on the door. I stood up from my chair and opened it to see none other than Mr. Drysdale himself. 

"Hi." He said, sticking his head into the room.

"Hey, what can I do you for? Aren't you supposed to be warming up for the game?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but I took a run down here and wanted to come say hi." He said. 

"Well, wanna come in and officially meet the team?" I asked him. He nodded eagerly and I opened the door all the way for him to walk on. 

"You can just casually talk to the players like that without getting nervous?" Kennedy asked.

"She used to." Jamie said, laughing a little bit. "She used to be all silence and staring." I smacked him in the arm, with my mouth gaped wide open.

"Don't you have a game to be getting ready for because I know we do." I said, now looking at my watch and showing him the time. 

"Fine, fine, I'm leaving." He said, throwing his hands up in surrender before backing away and out of the room. "I love you!" He yelled as he left.

"I love you most." I called back, shaking my head and laughing a little bit as I closed the door.

"Okay, what was that about?" Alex asked with a big smile on her face. I looked at Kennedy and pursed my lips. Her and I had become pretty good friends, she was my top game crew member, she was also the only one who knew about Jamie and I. 

"Come on, Sky, let it out, do you have a crush on him?" Sean asked. Kennedy and I laughed a little bit. "Okay, what's going on?" 

"I do not have a crush on him."

"Well I mean you could technically call it a crush." Kennedy said, a laugh hidden in her voice.

"I mean, technically, I guess." I said. 

"Would someone please tell me what's going on?" Alex asked. I simply lifted my left hand, wiggling my fingers to show off the ring. 

"I'm going to need words. Congrats you're engaged at 19?" Sean asked. 

"Are you that thick?" Alex asked, now catching on to exactly what it was.

"What do you mean?" Brendan asked.

"What is happening?" Sean asked.

"Can we just get back to the meeting?" I asked them.

"No, you need to explain this." Brad said. 

"Was the I love you not enough?" Alex asked them.

"I am so confused." Sean said. I laughed and pulled out my phone, showing them my lock screen, which was a picture of Jamie and I at our engagement. 

"OH!" Brendan yelled.

"You're engaged to him?" Brad yelled. The girls and I laughed at the guys who were only now catching on.

"Damn it, so this ruins my chances of getting with him." Sean said, snapping his fingers dramatically, making everyone laugh a little bit more. "What he's hot?" I laughed even more, he wasn't wrong. 

"Okay, now that we have that sorted out, let's get back to the meeting." I said. I settled them all down and restarted the meeting, going back from the second period and continuing. It took another 10 minutes to go through everything.

"So what do you live with him? Doesn't he live with Trevor?" Brad asked. 

"Yes and yes. I live with them both. Sometimes Mason." I responded. "No go do your job." I said as I opened the door and ushered everyone out. 

"Do you have the production meeting?" Kennedy asked me.

"No, we did that earlier today that's why I was a little late. Wanna come with me to get the headset?" I asked her. She nodded eagerly and grabbed her schedule, following me out the door as I locked the door. 

"Headset is where the change room is?" She asked. 

"Yep." I said, linking my arm with hers as we started to walk over there and smiling. 

"Hey pretty ladies." Trevor greeted as we made it over. 

"Hey, Trev." I said back.

"Sky, is there food at home?" 

"You're an adult, Trevor, you can make your own food." I told him, opening the door to what's known as the "Cord room". 

"Yeah I may be an adult but you don't trust me to cook." He said, following me and Kennedy into the room. 

"When have you proven you're allowed to be in the kitchen?" I asked him, grabbing my headset and the connecter along with the box. 

"Yesterday."

"When you made spaghetti?"

"Hey that was delicious!" 

"Trevor you didn't put any sauce on it! You didn't even add cheese or butter like it was completely plain noodles." I said laughing, Kennedy laughed a little bit at this too.

"Hey the noodles were from scratch." He said.

"Trevor, I made the noodles." I said as I walked out of the room. "Close the door." I told Trevor as he came out last. 

"Okay well, none of this answers my question. Is there food at home?"

"I don't know Trevor, probably at least something, I don't think there's a meal, but there's stuff. Just pick something up on your way home." I told him as I walked backwards out of the warmup area. 

"You're a jerk!" He yelled as Kennedy and I got out of the area.

"Love you too, roomie!" I yelled back, flipping him off in the process. 

"Who's calling you roomie? Is it my fiancé?" I heard Jamie yell, and footsteps running on the rubber flooring and before I knew it there were arms around my waist. "It is my beautiful fiancé." He said as he hugged me from behind and left a couple little kisses on my neck. 

"Hi baby." I said, turning around in his arms.

"Give me a good luck kiss before the game." He whispered. I smiled brightly at him and leaned up, giving him a quick kiss. I didn't want anyone to see me distracted down here kissing him, especially not Scott. 

"Drysdale! Let's go!" One of the coaches yelled as all the team mates and coaches walked into the change room.

"Gotta go, have fun, I love you!" He yelled as he ran into the change room. 

"I love you most!" I yelled back as he entered the room. Kennedy and I started walking back up to the concourse and throughout it to get ready for the game. 

"That was so cute." Kennedy said, linking her arm with mine again once we were away from all the team staff. 

"Isn't he the cutest?" I asked her, squeezing her arm a little bit.

"Trevor's pretty cute too, huh?" She asked.

"He's okay, he's a little shit sometimes though." I said. My eyes went wide and I stopped in my tracks, stopping her with me. "Are you saying what I think you are?" I asked her, trying not to get too excited.

"What do you think I'm saying?" She asked.

"That you like Trevor?"

"I don't even know Trevor, that was the first time I've ever been near him I was just saying that he's cute." She said, and started walking again, dragging me along with her. "Let's go, we have work to do." She said with a laugh. I shook my head and followed her lead as we walked up to the production booth. 

"You should come over one day, when the boys are home. We can all hang out and maybe you can actually meet Trevor." I said to her. She was my age, so also a year younger than Trevor, I didn't think it'd be weird at all.

"I mean, that would be cool." She replied.

"There's one problem with it. If anything happens between the two of you, we cannot say anything at all because that will get us both fired." I whispered, she nodded along and pulled out some papers from the files that we'd need. 

"I can do that. Maybe we'll just be friends until the seasons over at least and then we can try something else." She said and winked at me.

"Does that mean you're not coming back to me next season?" I asked her, gasping dramatically.

"You've known that!" She said laughing again. 

"I know but still, I'll hate it when you're gone."

"You're my best friend and you think I'm just going to leave you?"

"I'll die, no joke. Literally die." I said as I had to actually start listening to the headset and start running things. The game went down really well, not a single bump in the road, which frankly was basically a first. We won in a shootout which was pretty exciting. "Want a ride home?" I asked Kennedy as we started grabbing.

"Sure, I'm down." She replied as she put her bag over her shoulder.

"Or...do you want to sleep in the guest bedroom?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her as I grabbed my keys from my desk drawer.

"I would have to grab a change on clothes from home." She said quietly. I grabbed her hand excitedly and started running out of the office towards my car. 

"Get in!" I said excitedly to her as we made it to the Golf and turning it on as fast as I could. Trevor needed to get laid, and I would love it if his new girl was my best friend. I drove over to her house and waited outside in the car to wait for her. She came back out within a couple minutes and I put the car in reverse before she even got her seatbelt on. 

"How are you so excited?" She asked through laughter. 

"I don't know it's just exciting!" I said happily. I pulled into the driveway and both of the boys cars were already there. 

"Should I be nervous, because I am most definitely nervous." Kennedy said as we took off our seat belts.

"Don't worry, they're going to love you." I said, getting out of the car and started to walk to the door.

"If you say so." She said, letting out a very deep sigh. I opened the door and stepped foot in the house to seeing the two boys sitting on the couch in the living room. 

"I brought home a stray!" I said loudly before Kennedy was in the house.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Trevor asked.

"It means I brought home a stray."

"Okay, with you it could be anything. A stay dog? Cat? Cow? Did you find a monkey that you wanted to bring home?" Jamie asked, standing up from the couch and walking towards me.

"Ta da!" I said as I opened the door back up and Kennedy walked in.

"I was not expecting a whole human, Skyler." Jamie said, trying not to laugh. 

"Hey, I met you today." Trevor said, pointing at her.

"Kind of. I'm Kennedy, I'm on the game crew." Kennedy introduced herself. 

"Ken, why don't you get comfortable. I'm going to run upstairs to get changed." I said. I wanted out of the dress pants and blazer I was wearing. I grabbed Jamie's hand and dragged him along with me, trying to get him to stay quiet so I could listen in on what was happening downstairs. 

"So is there a reason she's here?" Jamie asked. 

"Shhh!" I said.

"So game crew huh? You know our girl Sky pretty well then?" I heard Trevor say to Kennedy. 

"Yeah, she's the best. I needed to be out of the apartment for the night so she invited me over to stay in your guest room." Kennedy said. What a good, fast liar. 

"Is that true?" Jamie whispered.

"Nope. Well, kind of. I invited her over." I whispered back. Jamie shook his head and let out a little laugh. 

"Why don't you come sit down? Jamie and I were watching something, but they go to bed stupid early they might already be asleep." Trevor said downstairs. 

"I don't think we should be eavesdropping on them, baby." Jamie whispered.

"You're right. Not in these clothes at least." I said quietly and went into our room, getting changed into sweatpants and one of Jamie's shirts. 

"Do you ever wear your own clothes if you're not leaving this house?" Jamie asked as he sat on the bed just watching me. 

"Nope. Why would I want to?" I asked him, walking the couple steps over to him sitting on the edge of the bed. I placed my hands on his shoulders and stepped in between his legs. 

"I don't know. I don't think you should. I love you in my clothes, future Mrs. Drysdale." He said, kissing the base of my neck since he was eye level with it.

"I'll wear your clothes every damn day, for the rest of my life." I said, leaning down a little bit and kissing his lips passionately. 

"I love you every damn day." 

"I love you most, every damn day." I replied, kissing him again. "I want tea." I stated, sliding my slippers on and opening the door. 

"You want tea? You don't drink tea." Jamie said, following me out the door. I stopped in my tracks and looked back at him. "Got it, not that kind of tea." He said, smacking his lips together. I tried not to laugh to stay quiet so they wouldn't hear us. We stood at the top of the stairs just listening to their conversation. 

"So, are you in school?" I heard Trevor ask.

"Yeah, I go to JFK University for Sports Psychology." Kennedy responded. 

"Hear them getting along like that?" I elbowed Jamie in the side.

"Ow?" 

"Sorry, I'm just so excited about this." I said, looking up at him. 

"Mhm." He nodded. It was silent downstairs for a couple minutes, we just stood at the top of the stairs trying to listen to nothing.

"What do you think they're doing?" I asked Jamie.

"I don't know, wanna go downstairs and see if we can catch them in the act?" He asked. I nodded and started walking down the stairs as silent as humanly possible. We peered into the living room as we passed by and caught a glimpse of them both sitting on their phones, but Trevor's hand was sitting on Kennedy's thigh. I started squeezing Jamie's bicep tightly, probably over excited about this interaction. "Hey guys, how's it going in here?" Jamie asked as we made it into the room. 

"Oh, hey." Trevor said, pulling his hand off of Kennedy. 

"I think we're going to make some popcorn and watch a movie upstairs. Do you guys want some?" I asked them. Trevor and Kennedy looked at each other, both shrugging. 

"I think I might go to bed soon, I'm okay." Kennedy said,

"Do you want me to show you to the guest bedroom?" I asked her.

"I can do it." Trevor suggested. I looked at him with raised eyebrows. "I mean, if you guys are going upstairs I can show her when she's ready for bed."

"Oh, uh huh. If that's okay with Kennedy." I responded, looking over at her. Kennedy looked over at Trevor who had hopeful eyes and she shyly nodded. 

"Yeah, that sounds good." She said as she tried to hide the smile on her face, and so did Trevor.

"Okay, well we will be in the kitchen for a couple minutes and then be out of your hair." Jamie said, taking my hand in his and dragging me into the kitchen. Jamie grabbed the popcorn maker and a bowl while I grabbed the kernels, and butter to melt. We started the popcorn and I wrapped my arms around Jamie's torso while we waited, resting my head on his chest and just hugging him, appreciated being held tightly in his arms. When the popcorn was done and we melted the butter we went upstairs and kept out door open just a crack so we could continue to listen a little bit, keeping the TV volume down as well. 

"Oh I hear them." I said excitedly and quietly as I heard the two start to come up the stairs after about another hour or so.

"Calm down, girl." Jamie said, shaking his head a little bit. The two coming up the stairs stopped in front of the guest bedroom. 

"I don't know how to ask this, I think Skyler might be asleep or else I'd ask her, I forgot a shirt to sleep in, can I borrow one of yours?" Kennedy asked him She knows I'm not asleep, I just answered her snapchat. I lightly hit Jamie's bicep getting excited, and not to mention super proud of her. 

"Yeah, come on in you can pick one out." Trevor responded. 

"Okay, didn't expect that." Jamie whispered. 

"Me neither, I'm so proud of that one." 

"How long is she staying here?" Jamie asked.

"I don't know, I just asked for the one night but we'll see." I responded.

"Okay, we need to stop eavesdropping on them." Jamie said, trying to take my attention away from the door. 

"Oh come on, you know you're just as into this as I am." I said to him. 

"I mean, maybe a little bit. But still, it's rude."

"I don't care." I said. 

"Thanks, Trevor." I heard Kennedy say. 

"Anytime." He responded. I could see the two of them standing across from each other, just looking awkwardly. 

"Well, um, goodnight I guess." Kennedy said.

"Yeah, goodnight." Trevor said. Kennedy turned to go into the guest room when Trevor grabbed her hand and pulled her in, kissing her. I punched my pillow and shoved some popcorn into my mouth, overly happy about the situation unfolding in front of us. I couldn't see a whole lot anymore , but I heard a door close with no more words being said. I stood up and peered outside our room to see if they were outside playing a prank on me, but they were in either Trevor's room or the guest room now. I closed our door fully and ran back over to the bed.

"Ready for bed now that they're gone?" Jamie asked as I got underneath the blankets again.

"Yeah, I guess so." I responded. 

"How's your water bottle?" He asked.

"How much do you love me?" I asked him.

"More than anything, hand it over." He said, smiling a little bit with an open hand to take it. He took both of our bottles along with the popcorn bowl and headed downstairs. He came back up within a couple minutes and handed me my water bottle before he got into bed, and I took a big couple sips, putting it back on my bedside table. 

"I love you, I hope you have a great sleep." I said as I turned over and gave him a kiss.

"I love you most, have a good sleep, baby." Jamie responded, placing another kiss on my lips.

"Good morning sleepy head." Jamie greeted as I walked into the kitchen.

"What do you mean sleepy head? It's only 9:30." I said. Jamie handed me a mug of freshly poured coffee from the pot and kissed the top of my head gently. 

"Well, you're still better than the other two, they haven't gotten out of bed yet." Jamie said.

"Really? They must've been up late." I replied. Jamie and I walked over to the couch in the living room and sat down, I covered myself in one of the many throw blankets that I had around the room, curling my legs up to my chest.

"Do you want to start thinking about planning the wedding soon?" He asked as we finished getting comfortable.

"We should, yeah. Lot's of venues book like two years in advance." I said. "Do you want to look into places today? I mean, I'm assuming we're doing it in Toronto, or somewhere close to Toronto because that's where our families are. All the hockey friends can afford to fly out there and stay for a couple days." 

"Yeah, I think Toronto is a good idea. We can look into places out there. What kind of vibe are we going for?"

"I was thinking not quite a barn or country but borderline. I'm assuming we're going to have to do it in the summer since that's guaranteed time off for you." I said. I've always wanted a winter wedding, so it was a little upsetting to an extent, but not a huge deal. 

"Yeah, I like that idea, something outdoors would be perfect for that. I was also assuming summer, because yeah exactly what you said, it'll be time off for sure, not guessing and hockey friends will all be able to come out too." Jamie said. 

"Okay, so there's two decisions. I think that's good enough for one day." I said, taking another sip of my coffee.

"Baby, we have to plan this out." Jamie placed a hand on my knee. 

"I know, I'm not ready to do that right after waking up though. We'll have to look into a few venues that we like and send emails to get quotes, and then book a walk through when we get back home to find a place. I'm not booking a wedding venue without seeing it in person first." I told him.

"Yeah, I didn't think you would want to, to be honest. I'm okay with that though. Then we can also get a feel of the people who work there and if we like them enough to work with them." He said and I nodded.

"Maybe we should get a wedding planner?" I suggested.

"That's just one more thing to look into though."

"Yeah, I guess. But it makes for just a little less work for us." I said.

"Does it though?" He asked. I thought for a minute before responding to him.

"I don't know to be honest." I said. As soon as I was done speaking there were footsteps coming down the staircase. I turned my body to lean over the back of the couch, being able to hear that it was two sets of footsteps. "Good morning." I said, staring at Kennedy and Trevor as they entered the room.

"There's a pot of coffee if you guys want some." Jamie told them. 

"Good morning right back." Trevor said. I could see Kennedy's face turning a little bit pink, I don't think they thought we'd be down here already. They came out to the living room and sat on the other couch.

"So how was your night?" Jamie asked, hiding his smirk with his coffee cup.

"Not bad, didn't get up to too much." Kennedy responded.

"Oh no? I could've sworn I heard you guys going to bed." I said smiling over at her.

"You heard that, did you?" Trevor asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Heard, was listening for, who can even tell anymore?" I said, partially sarcastically.

"Yeah, yeah. Keep it to yourself." Trevor responded as he chugged his coffee, setting the empty cup down on the table. "What's the plans for today?"

"I think we're going to look at wedding venues." Jamie said.

"Here in Anaheim?" Kennedy asked.

"No, we're looking at home, somewhere around the Toronto area." I replied. Kennedy and Trevor were sitting pretty close to each other on the couch, their knees barely touching. 

"So how are you doing that?" Trevor asked.

"There's a thing called the internet, Trev." I told him. Jamie put his arm around my knees and squeezed as he chuckled a little bit.

"Right. So I guess you guys are calling dibs on the living room to plan then?" Trevor asked.

"No necessarily if you want it, we can go to our room." Jamie responded.

"We do also need to go to Target for a couple things." I added. I wanted to get a wedding binder and we also needed to plan our wedding party pretty quickly. 

"For what?" Jamie asked.

"A few things to help plan, plus we have to talk wedding party and figure all that out." I said. He nodded and smiled, squeezing my legs one more time. 

"I have class soon, so I've gotta take an Uber to school or something." Kennedy said, pushing herself up from the couch.

"I can drive you." Trevor suggested. 

"Are you sure?" Kennedy asked and Trevor nodded in response.

"Yeah, of course, then we can talk."  

"Okay, I'm just going to go upstairs and get dressed then." She said, going to drop her mug into the kitchen and headed upstairs to the guest room.

"So how was last night?" Jamie asked Trevor once Kennedy was out of earshot. 

"It was good, we hung out down here for a bit and then went upstairs. I might have taken her to my room." He answered. I tried not to let out a happy squeal, and instead just stomped my feet on the couch. 

"That's so exciting." I said happily.

"Yeah, I think you're more excited about it than me." Trevor said with a smile playing on his face.

"What does that mean?" I asked him.

"I don't know, I just don't see much happening. Don't get me wrong, last night was great. But, I just don't think she's the one." Trevor said. I nodded.

"That's fair." I said. 

"Would you see her again?" Jamie asked.

"As like a fuck buddy yeah, definitely." Trevor responded, honestly way too quickly. Jamie and I laughed a little bit at the bluntness. "Okay, well, I'm going to go get dressed to take her home." He stood up and went upstairs, leaving Jamie and I alone in the living room again. 

"So did that go how you expected it to, or wanted it to?" Jamie asked me.

"I don't know to be honest. Better than it could've gone to be honest so that's a plus. I'm not sure how I expected or wanted it to go, she just said he was cute last night and I made the decision to invite her over for the night." I said, laughing a little bit. 

"So there was no planning whatsoever?" He asked.

"Not a single bit." I laughed.

"I don't know if I believe that." He raised an eyebrow at me and smiled. 

"What? It's true!" I exclaimed. 

"If you say so. You're lucky you're cute." He said, and leaned over my knees to give me a kiss. "More coffee?" He asked as he stood up from the couch.

"What if I say no to more coffee now and then while we're out we can get  Starbucks?" I asked, sticking my bottom lip out.

"And now you're even more lucky you're cute." He said, shaking his head a little bit. I got up from the couch happily.

"Nope, I'm just lucky that you love me." I said, leaning up to give him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I do, very much so." He said, putting a finger on my chin and turning my face, lifting my chin up to kiss me passionately.

"Wanna get ready to go then?" I asked. He nodded and grabbed my mug along with his, taking them both to the kitchen and putting them in the dishwasher while I went upstairs to start getting ready. I just wore a pair of leggings with a dark green crop top and a grey flannel. I went over to my jewelry pile in the washroom and put on my J necklace, along with my charm bracelet Jamie got me, a pair of dangly earrings with butterflies on them, and of course, my beautiful engagement ring along with a few others. I did a little bit of makeup too, a tinted moisturizer, mascara and a little blush, then brushing my teeth and hair. 

"Ready, pretty girl?" Jamie asked as I came back into our room.

"Just have to find socks." I said going into the sock drawer. 

"I found some for you, they actually match today for once." He said, grabbing the pair of matching socks he had laid on the bed. 

"Hey, sometimes I'm just too lazy and don't care to find matching socks." I said as I grabbed them and lost my balance as I tried to slip them on.

"What do you mean sometimes? It's every day, baby."

"That's how I'm shocked you actually found ones that are matching." I laughed out. We both headed downstairs and locked the house up as we saw Trevor's car was gone. Jamie opened my door for me and closed it after I got in, and went over to the drivers side. 

"So are we getting coffee before we walk around and find what you want or after as a treat for not spending my entire pay check?" Jamie asked as he pulled into a parking spot.

"You really think I could spend that much money here?" I asked him as I got out of the car.

"I know you could, baby." He said, taking my hand in his and intertwining our fingers.

"That's a lie, I would never. I would spend my whole pay check for sure though." I laughed out. "And, coffee first." 

"Fine, coffee first." He said, walking towards the Starbucks. "Can we just get two grande iced americanos with an extra shot please, one with caramel and one with vanilla." Jamie ordered. 

"Oh vanilla today?" I asked as we walked over to pick up the drinks after paying.

"Yeah, figured I'd switch it up, gotta keep you on your toes somehow." He said, nudging my hip with his making me laugh a little bit. We picked up our drinks and started into the store. "Should we get a cart or can you control yourself today?" 

"We should get a cart." 

"Okay, the one rule is, we do not need any more blankets." I let out an exasperated sigh.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes a little bit as he shook his head. We walked through the store and the only thing useful I got so far was a couple binders and new pens. "We should've googled how to plan a wedding before coming here. I don't know what I'm looking for." I said, as we walked through where all the blankets and pillows were. 

"You mean you didn't look into anything before now?" Jamie laughed out.

"Did you?" I asked, turning around to look at him, crossing my arms across my chest and tilting my head to the side.

"Point taken." He said. "Now let's get out of this section before you buy stuff we don't need."

"I'm going to do that anyway, look in the cart, baby, there's only two things we actually need." 

"Oh yeah, we need Oreos do we?"

"You're telling me I should put the Oreos back?" I asked.

"No. Oreos can stay." I laughed at him a little bit as we continued walking. We didn't get too much more, just maybe one or two candles because I can't help myself, and a couple more groceries that we needed before heading back home. 

"Wanna start looking at venues?" I asked after we put everything away. I grabbed both mine and Jamie's laptops from upstairs and brought them to the living room, sitting down on the couch with him. 

"Yeah we should." He replied. We both starting looking individually to narrow things down a little bit. "This one's kind of nice, the Old Mill Toronto?" Jamie said, showing me the pictures on his screen. 

"Oh wow, that's gorgeous." I said. "Oh, nope I hate those chairs. That's in every picture from every wedding, nope." I said. They were all draped in satin or silk, with bows on the back. They looked terrible and I hated the vibe of them. Other than that it was a beautiful venue. 

"No, not in these pictures, I'm sure we can get the nicer chairs. Let's write it down for now, it holds up to 500 people." Jamie said.

"What, you know 500 people to invite?" 

"I know a lot that I would like to have there." He said. I laughed a little bit, I didn't think it was going to be that big of a wedding, I sure as hell don't know that many people. I wrote it down on the first page in the planning binder anyways, we got two binders one for planning and the other for more official things once the base is made. We continued looking for a while and wrote down a few places to check out once we get back home. 

"Do you know who you're going to ask to be your groomsmen?" I asked him.

"I know a few. How big of a party are we doing?" He asked. 

"I don't know. Maybe we should write out who we would want and then even it up somehow?" I asked. He nodded and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, writing down names and I followed suit.

Erin, Emerson, Eliza, Alice, Nadine, Callie and Oakley were on my list.

Charlie (brother), Trevor, Max, Ryan, Mason, Emmett, Myles, and Eric were on Jamie's. 

"Okay, that seems easy enough, I can either add someone or you can take someone out, but I think adding will be easier." I said, comparing our lists. "No Charlie?" I asked him.

"Nope. he's not my friend anymore, not after what he did at the cottage. Not to mention there's no way after that I'd want him standing up there beside me while I say my vows." Jamie said, leaning over and kissing me. I smiled a little bit into the kiss. 

"Right, makes sense I guess." I looked at my list for a second, trying to figure out who to add. "I could add Claire to mine?" I suggested.

"It's your bridesmaids baby, you can add someone or I'm sure we can leave it like this and be okay." He said.

"No, I'll add Claire, I think that would be good." I said. 

"Okay, so we've got that figured out. I think that's good enough for today my love, no need to worry about it more right now. We can just sit and relax for the night." Jamie said, grabbing both of our laptops and papers and setting them on the table, as he then leaned back on the couch and pulled me into him. We put on a couple movies for the night, ordering a pizza for dinner once Trevor got home and he joined us as well. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 4.2K 68
We were supposed to be just friends, you don't live in my part of town but maybe I'll see you out some weekend.
259K 5.9K 64
q°✩ | ˗ˏˋ β˜† ΛŽΛŠΛ— | 𝗹𝗢𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 "but you always really knew i just want to be with you" ❝ i love her but she won't forgive me ❞ ❝ i think she will ❞ q...
34K 134 34
what happens when a girl bumps into a famous hockey player? Will she fall in love just like every other love story or just stay friends?
150K 1.3K 35
a story in which an actress and a hockey player meet, he's got a massive crush on her already and she think he's a cute golden retriever read to find...