A Certain Time and Place

De lexalee17

Emery and Dominic were high school best friends who made a pact with each other to meet when they are 40 if n... Mais

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 8

1 1 0
De lexalee17

Dominic went to his laptop on his desk. He sat down and searched for the article Suzie had sent.  Didn't take but a minute to find it.

It was posted in a very well known bridal magazine. Impressive Em.  Dom started ready with Jensen reading over his shoulder.

Journalist:  Hi Emery.  It is a delight to meet you.  The magazine was thrilled when you said yes to this interview and I have to be honest, if I  ever get married,  you would be my dream wedding planner.

Emery:  That is an incredibly sweet thing to say!  Your magazine is on top of the pile of journals we subscribe to each month!

Journalist: Let's start from the top.  How did you get started in event planning?  Is it true that fraternities and sororities had something to do with it?

Emery:  Without a doubt!  That is completely true.  I had a few friends in the Greek System in college and they were always trying to come up with new and unique ideas for things like Rush and Initiation and things like that.  I threw a few ideas out and the were a success.  Soon everyone was asking for my help.  It was a lot o fun because the ideas were limitless.  It was during an event I planned for a parents day that I got an offer to do an event outside of college.

Journalist :  Are any of the brothers or sisters you worked with still clients?

Emery :  As a matter of fact, yes!  As some of them opened their own business ,  they asked me to come on board as their in house event planner.  I did that for many years until I opened my own company. 

Journalist : Now opening your own company must have been hard.  You were in your mind 20's, a single mom.  I can't imagine.

Emery :  Yes it was hard.  But I had my sister's support in watching my son and my best friend from college was looking for a career change and suddenly I was in businnes for myself.

Journalist:  Your best friend being Blaine Sherman?

Emery : The one and only! 

Journalist: I have had the pleasure of meeting Blaine.  He is the type of person you just love instantly.

Emery:  I knew him five minutes and I knew I would have him in my live forever.

Journalist:  Do you feel Blaine is responsible for bringing in a large LGBTQ+ customer base in for you?

Emery:  Absolutely!  Although Blaine could bring anyone in and have them talked in to a full scale gala in seconds.  He just is that charismatic.  But yes,  as a member of the LGBTQ+ community himself,  he understand their needs and what they want.  LGBTQ+ wedding are now some of my favorite events to plan.  There is so much love and openings to ideas and working together. 

Journalist : How has been been by a single mom helped in your success?

Emery:  Charlie is an amazing son.  He made it easy for me to pursue my dreams.  I worked hard to provide him with a stable and happy home.  He is about to graduate with a degree in marketing and I couldn't be prouder.

Journalist: What inspires your ideas and creations?

Emery:  Keeping my eyes and ears open.  Really listening to what my clients want.  My family. My memories of my youth. Nature,  fantasy, the ocean,  I could go on forever on what inspires me.

Journalist:  Emery,  what would be your dream wedding?

Emery: Wow.  Can you believe that no one has ever asked me that?  I am not the type of woman who sits and dreams of her wedding day,  but I will say,  something small and intimate.  Outdoors,  somewhere over looking a beautiful view at dusk. Just him and I will only close friends and family.

Journalist: Sounds like you have given it more thought than you think!

Emery:  Maybe! 

Journalist:  Thank you so much for your time Emery.

Emery:  Your are very welcome!

Following the article there are about 10 pictures of different events and wedding Emery and Blaine have put together.  I can find the words to describe how talented she is.  The colors, the flowers, lighting.  Every thing is perfect!  It is like looking into a different realm at times.  

Then there are three more pictures.

The first is of Emery standing between two men.  The caption reads : Emery Evans with her business partner Blaine Sherman with his husband, Douglass Sherman at the wedding she planned for them in complete surprise.

Blaine looks exactly how I pictured him years ago.  We would speak every so often on the phone when Em wasn't available or if he was worried about her.  I liked him immediately when just over the phone.  I am glad he is still in her life.

"I am glad to see Em has people who seem to care for her deeply. It's like Blaine and Douglass are you and me grown up!". Jensen says.  I can't disagree.

"I know Blaine cared about her when we were still speaking.  He was a stellar individual then.". I add.

The second picture is of Emery dressed to the nines with a younger man.  The caption reads: Ms. Emery Evans and her date for the night, her son Charlie Evans at a recent charity event for the Northern Nevada Humane society.

Charlie looks like a young version of Emery's father.  He looked so proud to be accompanying his mom when most kids would rather be anywhere else.  I feel a weird twinge in my heart looking at him and fall immediately in love with this kid.  Like I would do anything to make sure he stays safe and happy.  I realize he is an adult but I suddenly regret not being a part of his life.   

"Charlie is a good looking kid.  But it's like looking at a young version of Mr. Evans." Jensen saw it also.

"I didn't doubt it,  but he did an amazing job with him.". Jensen nods in approval.

It's the last picture that almost makes my heart stop.   It's of Emery alone.  But it's almost a boudoir photo.  It's very sexy but extremely tasteful.  It's in black and white.  I don't think I have ever seen a more gorgeous woman in my whole life.  She looks ethereal.  Almost not real l, like a goddess.  Under the picture reads : Northern California most eligible batchlorette, Emery Evans models for award winning wedding photographer, Antonio Marino.

"Whoa.". I can tell that even Jensen is speechless.  "Please do not tell Suz, but Jesus Christ, Emery is hot as hell."

Normally I would have punched him but I can't.  First he is not wrong and second,  she is not mine. 

"Dom, say something?". Jensen looks worried.

"Jensen,  it's not just the black and white picture.  It's the picture of Charlie and of her with Blaine and Douglass.  And did it go over your head what she said her perfect wedding would be?"

"She remembers the pact Dom.  Which is exactly why my wife sent the link."

"It still doesn't me he wants me there."

"Dammit Dom!  Stop being so negative. You are the positive one! Not me! Remember when I thought Suzie was gonna ask for divorce because she had been distant?"

FLASHBACK 2006

"Dom,  I swear she is gonna leave me."

"Jensen, please calm down.  Tell me what is going on even though I think you are losing your mind." I had flown three hours to be with him.  He sounded so distraught over the phone.

"Suzie has been distant the last two weeks.  Kinda scatterbrained.  She has forgotten plans we have made and stood me up twice.  We have been married for five years and she has never acted this way. What if she is seeing someone else."

"Breathe.  Maybe things have been stressful at work.  Have you tried to ask her whats going on?"

"I did and she snapped my frigging head off and told me to leave her alone.  She has never raised her voice to me."

"Okay.  I agree she is acting out of the ordinary, but there has to be some reasonable explanation.  I know Suzie almost as well as you.  She loves you so much,  why I don't know, but she does.  She tells me so much it makes me want to vomit."

"Not helping Dom."

"Have you tried calling her mom?"

"Yes and she said she had been curt one time they had talk and crying the next. See?  I am doomed. She is gonna walk in the door any minute with divorce papers."

"Pull yourself together Jensen!  That is not gonna happen."

Just then, the door opened and Suzie walked in.  She looked a bit shocked to see me but came over and hugged me.

"Dominic, I always love when you come to visit but this is a surprise what brings you here?" I can't lie to this woman.

"This asshole thinks you are about to deliver divorce papers to him." Her head snaps to said asshole sitting on the couch with his head in his hands.  She walked over and sat beside him.

"Jensen, why the hell do you think I am going to divorce you?" He looked up and grabs her hands.

"Because you have forgotten dates and stood me up and you keep yelling at me."

"That's because I was feeling kinda sick and I am never sick.  I just felt off and not myself.  But don't worry,  you are stuck with me forever.  Especially now.". I figured out what she meant and had to contain my excitement until Jensen figured it out. 

"What are you talking about Suz?". She was gonna have to spell it out for him.

"I went to the doctor.  I am pregnant."

End of Flashback

"Your face was priceless.  Suzie had to tell you like four times before it finally sunk in and you realized you weren't eating a divorce.". I couldn't help but laugh.

"Fuck you Dom.  I thought my life was over.". He was laughing now.  "You need to get in touch with Emery."

"Slow down.  I don't know if I m ready for that yet."

"If you let this opportunity slip through your fingers you are going to regret it for the rest of your life."

"Story of my life Jens."

"I am headed to bed.  Try to get some sleep Dom." I listened as Jensen left my office bs walked up the stairs and I heard the guest room door close.

I went back to me desk.  I sat down while staring at the goddess before me.  Fuck Emery.  I was sitting there trying to control myself from touching myself while looking at her when I got an idea.  I googled the photographer who took the picture and found a phone number.  Even with the time change, it would still be late in California so I would just leave him a message.  I dialed the number.  After a few rings, someone picked up.

"Antonio Marino speaking."

"Oh Mr. Marino,  I didnt expect you to answer."

"Then why call?". He had a thick Italian accent.

"I am interested in buying a copy of a recent photograph you took."

"Which?"

"Pardon me?"

"Which Photography?"

"Oh, a black and white picture of Emery Evans.  It is a stunning photo."

"Bella was a beautiful lady to capture with my lens."

"Yes.  She is.  I have known Ms. Evans since we were children"

"Awww.  Not for sale."

"Please Mr. Martino.". I was about lie but I didn't care."I am a well known Architect in Wisconsin.  I am currently redoing a building for a client and I think Emery's photo would be exactly what she is looking for to complete the project.". I crossed my fingers.

"How much?"

"What are you asking?"

"You offer.  I says yes or go to hell.". I give him what I think is a reasonable offer.  He laughs.

"You should also know that is not the only photo.  There are many more some ever better."

I think for a moment.  I want those photos but more importantly I do not want anyone else to have them.

"I can have all the photo, proofs included for the right price?"

"Si.  There is always a right price.". I gave him a price that most people would faint at.  Also most people would think I was insane.

"Bellissimo.  I agree that is the right price." After getting the money wired an figuring out shipping I said goodbye, but he has one more question.

"Mr. King.  I do not get bad feeling from you.  How much do you love Ms. Emery?"

"More than anything else.  More that life. More with every breath I take."

"I love romance.  Good luck Mr. King. Ciao!"

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

86.1K 3.4K 27
Emery Randolph swore she would never return to her hometown the day she graduated and left for college, but its eight years later and her father is g...
404 19 24
This story follows Katie through the final months of her senior year in high school. Her nonexistent relationship with her mother doesn't stop her fr...
51.1K 2.2K 35
*Sequel to Between Us* Bad habits. I have a lot of them. Biting my nails, gluing my eyes to my phone, making bad decisions, loving men I can never ac...
1.3K 27 22
"All week, you've been on my mind, and I can't make it go away. Finally, after suffering in silence for so long at the thought of your lips, your lau...