𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 ║ ᴡᴏᴏꜱᴀɴ

By MoreThanMyOwn

Forced to be together for the sake of the public eye, Jung Wooyoung and Choi San have been wrapped up in a sc... More

ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ
Chapter 1. Resentment
Chapter 2. Trench
Chapter 3. Tide
Chapter 4. Impasse
Chapter 5. Incoherent
Chapter 6. Pressure
Chapter 7. Fracture
Chapter 8. Reassurance
Chapter 9. Breathless
Chapter 10. Ruins
Chapter 11. Bound
Chapter 12. Wanted
Chapter 13. Confused
Chapter 14. Reach
Chapter 15. Everything
Chapter 16. Plead
Chapter 17. Remember
Chapter 18. Past
Chapter 19. Future
Chapter 20. Rivalry
Chapter 22. Objection
Chapter 23. Aftermath
Chapter 24. Truth
Chapter 25. Break
Chapter 26. Arranged
Chapter 27. Seek
Chapter 28. Escape
Chapter 29. Fear
Chapter 30. Beginning
Chapter 31. Anxiety
Chapter 32. Respect
Chapter 33. Promise

Chapter 21. Getaway

283 19 14
By MoreThanMyOwn

There is slight mentions of former abusive relationships within this chapter. Please do not read any further if you're sensitive to this subject.

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕‧₊˚

The morning broke, sunlight dancing across the plush bedding of Wooyoung's shared bed with San. Wooyoung had been awake, for awhile, glued to San's chest with his fingertips tracing across his skin gently. The contours of his chest and his midline, his abs and his ribs, every curve and every imperfection, acutely adored in the softness of the moment.

Wooyoung, despite all of the discrepancies that threaten their looming marriage, had never felt more secure in his life. San was a stable, steadfast place within his life. There had been not one, harboring doubt, settled within Wooyoung's mind about where his life would end up. He would be married, happily forging a life with San at the head of two powerful empires, living lavishly and comfortably, maybe with a cat or two joining them on their venture in life.

The shared comfort of being able to rely on one another, even amidst turmoil and treacherous waters, Wooyoung stayed afloat because of his deep infatuation and stoic love for San. There was no way Wooyoung would ever let San go, not now or ever. He was San's, so devotedly his, and he knew that San was his, too. They had chosen one another, forging a relationship built on mutual space that had seemed distant and abridged.

"G'morning, love," San grumbles quietly, his eyes still closed, voice gently toned in a haze of sleep.

"Hi, Sannie." Wooyoung murmurs, adjusting the way he had been laying, head tilting up towards San's, leaning closer to press a kiss to San's neck. "We need to leave soon, you know."

"Time's it?" San asks as he inhales tiredly, a lazy hand reaching up to rub at his eyes.

"Sometime around nine. I don't know, I've been awake for a while."

"Why didn't you wake me up?" San whines tiredly, his head turning to face Wooyoung with his brows slightly pinched.

"We've been through a lot in the past few days, love. I wanted you to rest." Wooyoung reassures, retracting his hand from San's chest, moving to cup his jaw. "Plus, I can sit here and admire you, so it's a bonus."

"That's not fair," San pouts, leaning closer, his hand gently grabbing Wooyoung's chin. "You get to watch me sleep, but I can't do the same?"

"You sleep longer than I do," Wooyoung smiles, his voice teasing.

"What if I want to watch you do other things?" San asks with a lilt to his voice, brows raising subtly.

"Hm, like what? Showering? Cooking?"

"Just anything–" San leans closer. "You just make me fall even more in love with you with every thing you do."

"You're quite the wordsmith, Sannie–" Wooyoung hums, holding a smile at bay by biting his lower lip. "Crafting words that make my heart race 'n shit."

"You always just react so well to me," San's thumb gently soothes the skin on Wooyoung's jaw, looking at him lovingly. "My touch, my words–"

"Are you trying to convince me to stay in bed?" Wooyoung smirks, raising a brow.

"I don't need to convince you, love." San brushes his lips against Wooyoung's, tantalizing; teasingly. "You'd let me pin you here without protest."

"I would," Wooyoung murmurs, pressing a quick, teasing kiss against San's lips. "I would let you do anything to me."

"Is that so?" San quips with a smirk, leaning insatiably closer.

"Just shut up," Wooyoung whispers, pressing his lips to San's, relishing in the sigh that he pulls from the elder.

Breaths mingle and mix between the pair, Wooyoung's hand cradling San's jaw, pressing kiss after kiss to San's lips, each with the intent to pull away and continuing to chase after one another with equal fervor.

"Sannie–" Wooyoung breathes between kisses, feeling as San gently bites onto his lip, tugging slightly before letting go. "Relax."

"Why?" San muses, pressing another kiss to his lips.

"Because," Wooyoung giggles as San forces his way into the crook of his neck, plastering kisses along his throat and jawline. "We're supposed to be going on a 'lil getaway, don't you remember?"

San grins against his skin, his breath warm against the kisses he had just placed against Wooyoung's pulse. "Mm, of course I do, jagi. But I'd much rather smother you in love, first."

"You're really bold today, hm?" Wooyoung threads a hand into San's hair, raking through his dark tresses gently.

"I can't believe that I get married to you in two days," San muses, gently biting the skin beneath Wooyoung's ear, earning a subdued gasp. "You're going to be mine forever."

"I'm already yours forever, pabo." Wooyoung giggles, watching as San towers back over him, an amused grin plastered across his lips.

"What did you call me?"

"You heard me." Wooyoung bites his lower lip, staring up at San endearingly, unable to control his giggles. "Pabo."

"You're so mean to me," San pouts, his faux sadness only driving Wooyoung into further laughter. "Oh! And now you're laughing at me."

"You're too cute right now," Wooyoung says in between laughter, his hand resting on the back of San's neck. Wooyoung searches his eyes, taking note of the slight glimmer of dazed sleepy-like stupor laced within, yet relishing in how completely content he seemed. "I'm so in love with you. It's kinda gross how much I love you."

San smiles warmly, leaning closer. "I love you most, jagi."

With a quick kiss, San moves away, sitting upright before messing a hand through his hair. Wooyoung sighs, turning to lay on his back, contemplating internally about actually rising out of bed willingly. Part of him wants to wait, to see if San would pull him out of bed or drag him into the shower with him, but he knew that he needed to pack and prepare for their short time away from this apartment and prying eyes.

Wooyoung, truthfully, was excited about being able to escape from all of the stress and pressure associated with their upcoming wedding. San had seemed lighter and happier than he'd been before, and Wooyoung felt as if he was on the top of the moon. The circumstances around them, things well out of their control, as hounding and heavy as they tended to be, meant nothing today. Wooyoung wouldn't let his brother, Sun-hee, or his parents get in the way of a moment of peace and time spent with San, forging their bond deeper, settling into their relationship before everything became complicated once again.

But, as Wooyoung sits there, San leaves to head into the en-suite, turning on the faucet of the sink and the light, leaving Wooyoung to rest, his head turned to look out of his large, ceiling-height windows. The city seemed quiet, dazzling morning light cascading across the faces of buildings, shimmering off of windows and passing cars. It was tranquil, the perfect day to abandon their controlling and demanding lives, leaving the stress of their duties well within the walls of this apartment.

For a moment, Wooyoung feels himself blending into acceptance, staring out of this window, pulling the comforter closer, nearling bundling himself into a cozy warmth. He never imagined getting married without having a say in his life or his endeavors, but with San, someone he didn't expect to fall so deeply in love with, a fraction of his heart found itself willing to comply with the marriage in an effort to simply try. Being a husband, San's husband, was a thought he would've thrown up at before, casted by loathing disdain and irrational feelings. Yet, now, Wooyoung wants nothing more than to be San's forever. There isn't a life he sees without San in it, and this marriage, as forced and as crazy as it is, was his one way to solidify San's heart with his, safe from the grip of Sun-hee and her obsessive will to steal him away.

"Love," San muses, standing in the doorway of the en-suite. "You've gotta get up eventually."

"It's warm under here," Wooyoung smiles, turning his gaze towards San. "You're going to have to force me to get out of bed."

"I can do that," San smiles back with a gentle laugh, his head turning, eyes cast out of the window. For a moment, Wooyoung watches him, enamored, eyes wandering the sharp jut of his jaw and his eyes, taking note of how genuine his smile was and how relaxed he had been. His comfort, and his happiness, was Wooyoung's center-most priority now. He would never be able to forgive himself for being blind to San's pain and sadness, and to see him like this, so radiant and calm in their quiet morning together; Wooyoung feels at ease.

"Sannie?" Wooyoung asks, pushing the comforter down slightly as San turns to look at him again.

"Yes?"

"You're so perfect." Wooyoung settles into the press of the pillow, smiling warmly, watching as a faint blush creeps across San's cheeks.

"I am not–"

"You're my everything, Choi San." Wooyoung searches San's gaze, watching as it softens greatly, his expression melting from happiness into fondness. "I'm so glad that you took a chance on me."

San walks closer, sitting on the edge of the bed, turning to face Wooyoung with a subtle breath. His hand carefully moves to rest on Wooyoung's waist, thumb moving in gentle patterns and strokes. He smiles down at Wooyoung before moving his hand up, cupping the side of Wooyoung's jaw gently, thumb soothing the side of his face adoringly. "And you, my love, are my entire heart and my motivation to start every day anew. You're the brightest light I've ever come to know, and my greatest love. I will always choose you, and I will always come back to you regardless of the ties that may pull us apart. Husbands or otherwise, Wooyoung, I am so faithfully yours."

"Kinda sounds like you're making a vow to me," Wooyoung muses.

"And what if I am?" San leans closer. "What if I want to promise myself to you for this lifetime and the next?"

"Save that for the wedding, you insatiable pabo."

"Jung Wooyoung–" San laughs, his hand retracting from his face, moving to slap at his chest. "Stop calling me that."

"Never," Wooyoung teases, biting his lower lip.

"You're such a brat." San rolls his eyes. "Get out of bed. Let's get ready to leave this suffocating city for the day."

"Mm," Wooyoung hums, sitting up slightly. "Did Hongjoong ever bring over those keys?"

"He handed them off to our driver, who so willingly picked them up for us this morning already. They're waiting for us downstairs." San smiles, rising from the bed again. "Come on. We have the entire day to waste doing whatever we want. Let's enjoy it, my love."

With a playful sigh of faux resistance, Wooyoung tosses the comforter away. "Fine."

"You're so cute," San laughs, moving back into the en-suite. "Pack your bag. Let's leave soon."

Wooyoung smiles to himself before getting off of the bed, taking in a relieving breath. Truthfully, he was excited to finally be out of this apartment for the night. To be somewhere secluded, alone and unbothered, with the one person he had grown to love more than anyone else, had been something he dreamt about for nights on end. Now that it was finally happening, Wooyoung couldn't help but feel joyous and excited, settling into the feeling that life spent at San's side, married or not, wouldn't ever feel dull.

"Here's the address," San murmurs, leaning forward to hand his phone off to the driver. "It's about an hour of a drive, is that okay?"

"Anything you want," the driver smiles, turning to type in the address into his personal phone's GPS. "Rest comfortably. We'll be on the way soon."

San leans back into his seat, pulling Wooyoung's hand into his lap with practiced ease, their fingers lacing together gently.

"Ready to leave?" San mutters, his gaze watching Wooyoung carefully.

With a nod and a reassured smile, Wooyoung responds quietly. "Of course, love."

"What's the first thing you want to do when we get there?" San asks, thumb brushing over the side of Wooyoung's hand soothingly, looking at the younger fondly.

"Smother you." Wooyoung muses, biting his lower lip in a tease. "Lovingly, of course."

"I won't refuse." San flirts, a mischievous glint held within his hues. "As long as I get to show you just how much I love you."

"Mmh." Wooyoung giggles quietly. "And how do you suppose you're going to do that?"

"I guess you'll just have to find out." San teases right back, leaning closer. Wooyoung rolls his eyes at him playfully, closing the distance between them, giving his lover a gentle kiss on his lips.

"You're so shameless." Wooyoung murmurs against his lips. "But I kind of love it."

"Only kind of?" San whispers back, his lips brushing against Wooyoung's with every word.

"Not compared to how much I love you." Wooyoung smiles, sinking into another kiss that San initiates.

"Who's shameless now?" San muses, a slight raise to his brow as he looks at the younger lovingly, a smile pulled at his lips. Wooyoung rolls his eyes, leaning away, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"Just wait 'til I have you alone, Sannie." Wooyoung glances at him for a moment, then away again, a smile pulling at his lips, unabashed. San hums in acknowledgement, turning his gaze away, looking out of the SUV's window as the driver begins their drive towards their moment of solitude.

Pulling open his messages, Wooyoung begins typing into his group chat, a playful smile still clinging to his lips.

Hi

How are you both?

Yeosang

Hi Woo! Things are good. I'm out with Jongho at the moment. What are you up to?

Sannie and I are headed to a private cabin thanks to Joong and Hwa. We needed time away. Space, really. We were beginning to feel a bit suffocated in regards to being married and Beomgyu's crazed antics, so getting away from everything felt like the perfect fix.

Yeosang

I agree. That sounds nice. We should all get away soon, the six of us. It would be nice for you guys to get to meet Jongho properly and get to know him. Plus, an added vacation doesn't sound so bad.

I know. I wish our parents would let us. But. . . who knows? Give it a few weeks, we might be able to.

Seonghwa

Hi to you both. Things are good.

I may or may not have stayed with Hongjoong last night.

Oh. Please do tell us more.

Yeosang

Oh, yeah! Please tell us something.

Seonghwa

It felt nice to be away from my apartment. Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in work and clothes, so being at his place was such a comfort. I can't even explain why I felt like that.

Yeosang

Are you. . . just possibly. . . in love?

You have been seeing Hongjoong for months now, Hwa. Maybe it's time to let yourself be vulnerable again.

Seonghwa

I don't know, guys. You know what dating my ex did to me.

I wasn't myself and I let him just walk all over me.

Joongie wouldn't do that to you. I know you guys have been figuring things out for awhile, but now that you're finally together, that means more than I think you're willing to admit. He cares a lot about you, and the fact that he places time aside and wants to be a part of your life speaks volumes, Hwa.

Yeosang

I agree with Woo! He very obviously cares about you. I just think that as much as you coach the both of us, you need to give yourself your own advice. Let yourself be loved, hyung. You deserve it just as much as we do.

Seonghwa

I don't deserve either of you.

You deserve us, and you deserve to be truly loved. Open yourself up, little by little. Not all the way, and maybe not now, but if you let Joong in to see your scars, he might just be the one to replace those awful memories with something new.

Yeosang

This is coming from someone who has never been in a relationship before!

Our Wooyoungie is so bright and smart now, look at how grown up he's become!

I will cancel that order for that damn cake, Sangie.

Yeosang

You wouldn't :(

Seonghwa

I'll talk to him, a little bit at a time. I have to find it in myself to trust like that again.

What that douche did to you will forever stick in your memory. Instead of choosing to forget and ignore them, it's best to replace those memories with someone new. That's what I've been doing with Sannie. Sun-hee did some unspeakable things to him, and I have a feeling Joong would be the same way as me. Supportive, loving, patient, and most importantly; understanding.

But you have to let him take down your walls.

Yeosang

I know it's hard, Hwa. But it gets easier with time, just like how you worked up the courage to tell us, remember?

"I feel bad for Hwa," Wooyoung murmurs, staring down at his phone as he awaits a response.

"Why's that?" San turns his attention towards Wooyoung, squeezing his hand gently.

"Uhm," Wooyoung's brows pinch, inhaling quietly. "He. . . went through a bad relationship a long time ago. Kind of like Sun-hee. . . but worse."

"I wouldn't have guessed," San says quietly. "He's so strong and vibrant, it's almost a bit surprising."

"I mean, you're the same way. I didn't know Sun-hee was treating you that way from an outsider's perspective. Plus, he claims that he's mostly over it since it happened nearly four years ago, but I think he's still afraid to let anyone like that into his heart again."

"He didn't break it off with Joong, did he?"

"Oh, no. He likes him too much," Wooyoung smiles as he glances at San, but his brows pinch, the smile fading. "I'm just afraid that he's going to be too afraid to admit at how much he really likes Hongjoong, and I don't want them to break up because Seonghwa finds it hard to communicate his needs."

"If you think I'm patient, you should see how patient Hongjoong is." San muses gently. "Whatever Seonghwa is hiding, or is afraid to admit to, Hongjoong will offer that space for Seonghwa to figure it out."

"I knew he'd be like that," Wooyoung assures. "He seems genuinely sweet."

"He is. He's been a number one supporter of us getting together," San says with playful jeer, causing Wooyoung to roll his eyes.

"Seems like he and Seonghwa are meant to be then. You would not believe the amount of teasing I have received between Hwa and Yeosang about you."

"Mingi was a quiet supporter, but the moment we kissed, my god, I swear his personality changed." San says with a slight laugh.

"Your friends are cute." Wooyoung says with a subtle giggle, biting his lower lip. "I'm glad to have met them; to be a part of your life."

"They love you," San smiles at him. "Not more than I do, obviously."

Wooyoung giggles at him, turning his attention back towards his phone as it vibrates with a new message.

Seonghwa

I'll work on it. I promise. You guys don't have to worry about me.

I will forever worry about you. You can't stop me, either.

Yeosang

Diddo!

Seonghwa

Thank you for being here, for all of this.

It's more appreciated than I can ever express with just words.

We love you, hyung. Please be easy on yourself.

Yeosang

You are always a priority to us and to Joong!

Seonghwa

I know. I love you both, too.

Have fun on your little getaway, Woo.

I've always enjoyed that cabin, and I know you will too.

Of course! I'll send pictures. Tell Joong thank you from the both of us. Sannie is really looking forward to it.

Seonghwa

Absolutely. I'll talk to you both later.

Yeosang

Talk soon.

Shutting his phone off, Wooyoung places it face down on his lap, turning to glance at San. His eyes rake over the male's features, ones that he's studied time and time again, completely awestruck and smitten, stuck in a cast of unbridled love. San was incredibly handsome, and his personality strung with unwavering support and loyalty only filled Wooyoung with a further desire to keep the male attached to him.

Maybe he's being a bit possessive, but he didn't mind. San was his, and devotedly so. All Wooyoung wanted to do was protect San from the harms of the world, to keep him close and safe within his embrace. The idea, if for a moment, of getting married to San had suddenly felt lighter. The weight it had once cast on his shoulders had now felt like a realization, a twist of fate that had burned his heart astray in a light that he hadn't thought of before.

Marriage had always been something Wooyoung had feared. He wanted to be in love and be completely absorbed into the person he was to commit himself to. Here, with San, the one person who had claimed his heart and his soul, he finds himself almost accepting of the idea of marriage. But for a moment, maybe delirious in a cast of overwhelming love and affection, Wooyoung finds himself wanting to marry San.

"Here we are," San murmurs, pressing a kiss to Wooyoung's forehead. Waking from a dazed bout of sleep, Wooyoung's eyes blink awake, blurrily taking in his surroundings as he leans away from San's shoulder, letting a quiet sigh of exhaustion roll through his lungs.

He couldn't remember when he had fallen asleep, but he felt better nonetheless. The drive seemed to fly past in a blur, the hour spent nestled together now briefly interrupted by the arrival to the secluded cabin.

San opens the car door, stepping outside with his hand held out, waiting for Wooyoung to follow in suit. He does so, planting his hand gently into San's as he laces their grasp together, listening as the driver pulls their small bags of luggage from the trunk. San closes the car door once Wooyoung steps out, watching in amusement as the younger takes in the scene around him.

Long stretches of trees extend high into the sky, the path constructed of gravel and concrete pavers, leading to a modern-built cabin with black framed windows that extends into the roof. The building was stained in orange wood, the patio out front decorated with red lounge chairs and baskets of freshly planted flowers.

"This. . . is not what I was expecting." Wooyoung murmurs, feeling as San squeezes his hand.

"Joong definitely surprised us," San chuckles quietly, taking a few steps forward to entice the younger to follow him. With a hesitant step, Wooyoung follows him, taking in the grandeur of the cabin with each breath and subtle movement forward.

It was surprisingly larger than Wooyoung had imagined, the door and windows taking up a large portion of the front of the building, casting a beautiful glow into the main living space that they walk into. It was modern inside, just as how it looked on the outside, black accents with wooden floors and walls, decorated in beautifully painted nature scapes, the furniture in shades of brown and oranges, creating a warmth that Wooyoung felt pulled towards.

"I'll be on call and within reach if you need me. Thank you for the hotel, Mr. Choi." The driver announced quietly by the front door, spurring San and Wooyoung both to turn around to face him.

"It's no problem. Enjoy your night off." San smiles warmly at him as the driver departs, closing the door with a gentle click.

"Now you're all mine," Wooyoung muses, pressing a hand to San's chest.

"Patience, my love." San murmurs. "Let's enjoy the tranquility of the day. Let's go for a walk on the trails and lay outside. It's beautiful out, and I want to make the most of the time we have here."

"A walk, huh?" Wooyoung giggles quietly. "Okay, you softie. But, then I'm cooking dinner for you, and we're having a glass of wine."

"So you're going to wine and dine me, hm?"

"Obviously," Wooyoung remarks with a quiet lilt to his tone. "Let's go for a walk, love. Oh! I have to take a lot of pictures, too. Hwa and Sangie wanted to see."

"Okay, let's go." San moves their luggage to a more secluded spot before trekking back outside, locking the front door, lacing his grasp with Wooyoung's again, pulling him towards a dirt trail that had begun near the end of the paved driveway.

A wooden sign labeled as nature trail led them through the secluded woods, hands tangled together, quiet steps leading them even further along the trail. The trees were swaying slightly, a light breeze rustling through as sunlight tumbles between the branches, dancing along the path in a beautiful cast.

Wooyoung hums a quiet melody, nearly oblivious to San's transfixed, adoring stare as they walk, completely surrounded by bushes and trees, blossoming flora that seemed to be at its peak. Their steps lead them along, curving and narrowing slightly until it breaks through a mass of trees and brush, opening to a scene of a bench resting between two large trees, delicately placed amongst the natural scapes of the forest and what it offers.

"Let's sit." Wooyoung smiles, pulling San with him towards the bench, sitting down carefully as the elder follows suit. San wraps his arm around Wooyoung's shoulders, pulling him closer, nuzzling into the side of his head gently. Wooyoung sighs in content, shifting around gently before relaxing, letting the sounds of serenity surround them in a calming embrace.

"Let's move out here." Wooyoung mumbles, listening to San quietly chuckle.

"Okay, love. Only if we can get a cat."

"And a dog." Wooyoung muses. "I want a dog."

"Fine, a cat and a dog." San presses a kiss to Wooyoung's temple before smiling again. "What kind of dog?"

"Mm, a shiba? Or a german shepherd? Maybe a corgi."

"Those are all very different choices." San says quietly, listening as Wooyoung hums.

"Maybe we should just go rescue a dog that fits us. Give an abandoned dog a home filled with love and so many toys that it'll never be bored."

"Girl or boy?" San asks with intrigue, feeling as Wooyoung grabs onto his hand, playing with his fingers with an amused smile.

"Boy." Wooyoung tilts his head, just enough to be able to glance at San, teeth sinking into his lower lip. "What about you? What kind of cat?"

"Siamese, probably." San sighs. "A girl, though. Byeol."

"I knew you always were a softie." Wooyoung teases. "Byeol? As in star?"

"Mm," San's eyes closed, leaning into Wooyoung again. "I've always liked the name. I don't know."

"Then that's what we'll do." Wooyoung promises quietly, hand reaching to cup San's cheek, tilting his head back gently. "We will make a little family with Byeol and. . . Bam."

"Star and Night, huh?" San muses with a lilt.

"Our cute little duo," Wooyoung says quietly, adjusting slightly, moving to whisper against San's lips. "I love you. So much. Don't you ever leave me."

"Never," San whispers back. "I love you more than I can ever express, Wooyoung. You're my person."

Wooyoung kisses him, relishing in the content sigh San lets flee from his lips. There was a certain comfort settled within him now, one that felt promising of an eternity at San's side, forever tangled in his heart and in his life. Wooyoung would give up everything else if it meant being stuck in this moment for a little while longer, ignoring their tasks back in the city, soaking in the pure essence of how San made him feel.

Safe and forever loved, completely enamored by the way San's skin felt against his and how easily their hands slotted together, save for the way that San had tasted and how he had just felt like home. Wooyoung will never want anyone else. San was all he would ever need in this life or the next.

Regardless of if the companies fall out or their parents come to a disagreement, Wooyoung would simply throw away his title as heir to the throne of his tyrant parent's company, following San wherever he went, content to just be where San was. The darkness of his mental health and of his cynical family had felt overwhelming, a casted shadow that felt hard to escape the clutches of. But now, the world felt lighter and life seemed more enjoyable, all because of San's laughter and his smile, the way he always sleepily grumbled in the mornings and how he always fell asleep touching Wooyoung.

It would be all he ever needed, and now more than ever does Wooyoung feel a step closer into actually wanting to marry San. Here, in this moment, kissing San gently with subtle breaths and smiles melting against one another, Wooyoung feels the epitome of happiness.

"Coming?" San asks, tossing his shirt onto a nearby chair.

"Yes, jagi. One second." Wooyoung pulls his shirt off, tossing it away, somewhere near San's, taking a tentative step towards the hot tub that had been bubbling warm for the last few minutes, humming to life with the press of a button,

It was late, stars casted overhead, the moon at full beam amongst the trees as it gleamed down, the hot tub bright with water-safe LEDs, casting a glow within the water as the outside world continually darkens while the moon rises to full power.

"C'mere," San holds out his hand for Wooyoung, carefully helping the younger into the warm pool, guiding him to the back corner. Wooyoung straddles his lap, arms around his neck and resting on his shoulders, leaning in to press a kiss to San's forehead.

"I don't want this day to end." Wooyoung murmurs, resting his forehead against San's.

"I know," San breathes back with a gentle sigh. "Me either."

"Can I tell you something?" Wooyoung asks quietly, leaning away to look into San's eyes.

"Of course, jagi." San's hands run soothing lines beneath the water over Wooyoung's thighs and waist, looking up at him fondly, almost as if he was withholding the moon himself. Wooyoung smiles at him before taking a breath and finding the words to admit how he had begun to feel.

"You know, Sannie, about getting married–" Wooyoung's voice drowns out against the bubbles and hums from the hot tub, his gaze looking away, feeling a sudden shyness grasp him by the throat. "I know we agreed that it wasn't necessarily what we wanted."

"Mmh." San continues to watch him patiently, acting as an anchor in Wooyoung's storm of tumultuous thoughts.

"I think. . . my mind's changed." Wooyoung looks up at San timidly, afraid to be met with a reaction full of negativity. But, San's eyes were a myriad of love and comfort, completely fond with a smile curling on his lips.

"Really?" San whispers, pulling Wooyoung closer.

He smiles in return, nodding slightly. "Really. Remember what I said? About wanting to be in love before being married?"

"Of course," San's head tilts slightly, thumbs gently brushing quiet strokes on Wooyoung's thighs beneath the hem of his swimming shorts.

"There's no one else for me, Sannie." Wooyoung's heart feels like it's beating against his chest, the weight of this revelation, the unknown truth of something that lay dormantly until now, two days away before he is to walk the aisle before his beloved, now residing within a statement of wanting to mean the vows he admits. "I think I w'na marry you."

"You think?" San muses with a curling smirk, sitting up right, adjusting Wooyoung carefully, pulling their bodies insatiably close.

"N-No!" Wooyoung blushes, the words falling from his lips in a quiet stutter. "I mean, no, I do!"

"You can't say that to me, yet, my love. There's still two days before then."

Wooyoung's face immediately flushes, either from the steam or San's close proximity, either way, Wooyoung was flustered and a mess simultaneously, unable to control the smile that beams across his lips.

"I want to marry you, too." San admits softly. "More than anything in this world."

"Let's run away from everything." Wooyoung whispers. "Let's leave our parents behind to suffer, flee to a different country, get Bam and Byeol and start a real life together."

"I wish we could, love." San kisses Wooyoung's jaw, trailing down to his chin, stopping at the edges of his lips. "Wherever you go, I'll go. Whatever you want, I want. Home is with you."

"Then marry me for real, Sannie." Wooyoung brushes his lips across San's, smiling, barely resisting the flurry of sensations simmering beneath the steaming water. "Be mine. Forever."

"Always." San finally indulges, slotting their lips together passionately, wrapping an arm around his waist. "I'm forever yours."

Wooyoung hums, smiling still, completely cast in a love so deep, not even the ocean rivaled in contrast. San wasn't even just his moon or the stars anymore, no longer the sun or just everything. He was his entire universe; the human embodiment of comfort and warmth made just for him and no one else, a perfect match made in the heavens and brought to him by a contract.

Forged signature or not, the ink binding them no longer mattered. Wooyoung wanted everything from San. His bed, his touch, his warmth, his kisses and his embrace, but he also wanted his name adjoined to his.

There was nothing else that Wooyoung could envision wanting in this lifetime now that he was safe and secure, settled in a quiet hot tub, surrounded by the dark navy hue of nighttime, burdened by remotely nothing.

"You have my soul, Choi San. My heart, my body, my everything; always." Wooyoung murmurs, giving in to another longing kiss. "Thank you for showing me what it's like to be loved and cherished."

"Thank you for being patient with me," San whispers back, threading a careful hand through Wooyoung's hair. "I will always love you and thank you for saving me from her."

"For as long as I live, Sannie, I will cherish you and love you as if it were the last time I'd ever see you. You're my sanctuary, a place of escape, a moment of light in my cast of oppression shadows–" Wooyoung's breath hitches, his voice suddenly frail. "Just as much as I saved you from her, you saved me, too. You saved me from myself."

"I will be there to always pull you from the depths, love. Just as I may be your sanctuary, you're my safe place. A place of eternal comfort, someone who will never judge me or belittle me, someone who loves unconditionally–" San presses a kiss to Wooyoung's cheek. "I love you. With every part of my heart."

"I love you." Wooyoung kisses him, swallowing his tears, trying to remain in the moment rather than inside of his own, anxious mind. San did love him. San was here, and San was real. That was truly all that would ever matter. Not the press, not his parents, not the companies or his title; San, and only ever San.

But, amidst the quiet of the night, deeply hidden among the trees, a camera flutters; snapping pictures of their moment spent in blissful solitude, leaving them unaware of the storm brewing back home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 227 10
❥・𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 ❝𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬❞ ▸ Wooyoung has troubles living as an adult, so he copes by drinking, partying and bringing home random gi...
12.3K 492 22
❥・𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 ❝𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞❞ ▸ Jung Wooyoung hates everyone. . . except his roommate Park Seonghwa. He's one year into college and ma...
32.2K 1.4K 42
[Slow updates!] Started: 04/06/23 Completed: - " " Prove your words " San whispered, his tongue poking the inside of his cheek as his mouth met...
10.3K 379 38
after coming to terms with his sexuality, san realizes he's fallen for his band mate, wooyoung. when their relationship becomes exposed, will they be...