𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 ║ ᴡᴏᴏꜱᴀɴ

By MoreThanMyOwn

Forced to be together for the sake of the public eye, Jung Wooyoung and Choi San have been wrapped up in a sc... More

ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ
Chapter 1. Resentment
Chapter 2. Trench
Chapter 3. Tide
Chapter 4. Impasse
Chapter 5. Incoherent
Chapter 6. Pressure
Chapter 7. Fracture
Chapter 8. Reassurance
Chapter 9. Breathless
Chapter 10. Ruins
Chapter 11. Bound
Chapter 12. Wanted
Chapter 13. Confused
Chapter 14. Reach
Chapter 15. Everything
Chapter 16. Plead
Chapter 17. Remember
Chapter 18. Past
Chapter 20. Rivalry
Chapter 21. Getaway
Chapter 22. Objection
Chapter 23. Aftermath
Chapter 24. Truth
Chapter 25. Break
Chapter 26. Arranged
Chapter 27. Seek
Chapter 28. Escape
Chapter 29. Fear
Chapter 30. Beginning
Chapter 31. Anxiety
Chapter 32. Respect
Chapter 33. Promise

Chapter 19. Future

307 22 15
By MoreThanMyOwn

There is very minor mentions of mental health topics and domestic violence within this chapter. Please be advised and avoid reading any further if these topics are sensitive to you.

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Sannie–" Wooyoung muses, walking towards the living room couch, a smile set across his lips.

"Yes, love?" San turns his head away from the television, eyes cast upwards, looking at his partner fondly.

"I have an idea to propose to you," Wooyoung says, making his way around the edge of the couch. San spreads his legs slightly, Wooyoung settling down, straddling his lap. San's right hand rests on his hip, the left leaving soothing drags up and down his side, smiling at him as his head tilts back slightly, keeping eye contact with him.

"Okay?" San asks curiously, encouraging Wooyoung to keep talking.

"I talked to Hwa," Wooyoung starts, earning a smile from San.

"That's never good."

"Stop it." Wooyoung smacks San's chest lightly, smiling regardless. "I think we should go on a double date with him and Joong."

"Ah," San nods. "Hongjoong has mentioned this idea to me before."

"Well, we get married in five days, so," Wooyoung's voice grows small, catching San's attention.

"Hey," Wooyoung looks down, avoiding San's gaze. He can feel San's eyes on him worriedly, the male's hand leaving his side to trail beneath his chin, pushing upwards gently. "Look at me, Woo."

Wooyoung meets his gaze, hesitant, anticipating a rush of different things, but all San does is smile at him. Wooyoung feels his heart flutter, the worry drifting away, caught in a place between longing and a wish for peace hanging in the balance. Marriage had seemed like a venture to be exploring way too soon, but he really loved San. The last thing he ever wanted was for San to believe that he didn't love him or want this, even if he had expressed it at least three times a day out of an anxious habit.

Since their run in with Yeonjun and a heartfelt discussion within the safety of their apartment, the days passed by without issue. They stayed inside, watching the media divulge into the details of their relationship with obsessive tendencies, trying to uncover the mound of rumors and lies that weighed over their image. They spent a lot of time together, soaking in dramatic shows and some of Wooyoung's favorite horror movies, while basking in the ability to touch naked skin within the safety of their bed, exploring the expanse of their love for one another behind a locked door.

Wooyoung had talked to Yeosang nearly every day, trying to keep up with his mother's antics, but also waiting to hear about a response back about his desire to go on a short honeymoon.

If Wooyoung so graciously had to get married, all he asked for in return was time spent away from all of this, leaving the media and his obscene parents behind in trade for time spent with San.

But, that request was placed in his mother's mound of paperwork days ago, and he still hasn't heard a single word about it from Yeosang or his mother. Now, closing in on the date to their wedding, Wooyoung had begun to worry that he wouldn't get the answer he desired, once again becoming a ploy in his parent's rise to power.

"Woo," San coos quietly. "Remember what we agreed on. We will remain the same, regardless of a shared last name and rings, okay? I loved you yesterday, and I love you now, and I will certainly love you after the wedding. We're in this together."

"Okay," Wooyoung nods tentatively. "I'm sorry I keep back peddling, Sannie. It's just a lot."

"I know it is." San wraps his arm around Wooyoung's waist, pulling him closer. "But even if you need reassurance twenty times, I will remind you every single time. I'm always going to love you regardless of our status, Wooyoung. Arranged marriage or not."

Wooyoung smiles, leaning forward, pressing his forehead against San's. "Thank you."

"Double date with Hwa and Joong, then?" San asks gently, trying to bring a lighter topic into their conversation.

"Mm." Wooyoung's eyes close. "Tomorrow morning, if that's okay."

"More than okay." San nuzzles closer, hovering his lips a few inches away. "I'm excited for you to meet Joong properly."

"I'm excited to meet him, too." Wooyoung smiles. "Hwa talks about him a lot, and I've heard plenty from you, too."

"That's because he's a really good friend, and boyfriend, I'm assuming."

"I don't think they're dating yet, I don't know." Wooyoung affirms, leaning away slightly with his eyebrows pinched.

"Oh?" San raises a brow, and Wooyoung shrugs.

"Seonghwa said they've always been a bit complicated. We can always ask, though."

"Mm, maybe. I don't want to pry since it's not our business. They don't have to tell us if they don't want to."

"I didn't even think of that," Wooyoung hums. "That's why I love you. You're smart and you're kind. You're just everything."

"You're those things, too." San's hand moves, resting on the back of Wooyoung's neck, pulling him back down towards him. "You're everything to me, Wooyoung. Everything and more."

"I thought I was the one who promised you everything, hm?" Wooyoung teases, following the gentle push on the back of his neck, arms resting on San's shoulders with a hand raking through his hair.

"Well, let me promise you something, too." San smiles. "It's only fair."

"Enlighten me, love." Wooyoung bites into his lower lip, holding a growing smile at bay.

"I am going to promise to love you with everything I have."

Wooyoung playfully rolls his eyes. "I already promised you everything, you can't copy me."

"No, you promised to give me everything. I'm promising to love you with everything that I have and that I am."

Wooyoung's cheeks deepen in blush, leaning closer until there's barely an inch of space between them. San's head is tilted back slightly, Wooyoung just barely towering over him, smiling against the edge of his lips. "I love you with every bit of me, Sannie."

"I love you endlessly, Wooyoung." San murmurs back. "You have no idea."

Wooyoung connects their lips softly, slotting together tenderly, passing slow kisses back and forth in a tentative rhythm, hushed breaths fleeing between kisses. San's hold on his waist tightens, the hand that was pressed to the back of Wooyoung's neck now brushing through his hair, sinking deeper into the bliss that overcame them.

"Sannie–" Wooyoung breathes, pressing another chaste kiss to San's lips. "You haven't heard back from your parents, have you?"

San shakes his head. "No. My father's assistant continues to remind him everyday to think about it, but I'm not sure if he'll approve of a week away to Jeju for us."

"I don't understand it," Wooyoung frowns. "It's just a week away, what could they possibly need from us?"

"Who knows." San sighs, leaning back into the couch. "Have you called Yeosang today?"

"No," Wooyoung glances away from San, eyeing his phone in his pocket before looking back up at San. "Should I?"

"Why not? I can make us tea in the meantime."

"I'd like that." Wooyoung smiles at him. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," San smiles back, kissing him twice before Wooyoung carefully escapes San's lap, colliding into the cushions once more as his boyfriend rises away from him, heading into the depth of their kitchen. With a breath, Wooyoung grabs his phone, unlocking the screen, pulling up Yeosang's name in his phone before dialing the number.

He holds his phone up to his ear, listening as the line rings twice before Yeosang answers, a chipper tone extended through the line.

"Wooyoungie–!" Yeosang exclaims, leaving Wooyoung to giggle at his friend.

"Hi, Sangie. What are you up to?"

"Finishing some paperwork at the office, still. Your mother was a busy bee today."

"Oh, Yeo–" Wooyoung frowns. "It's nearly nine at night. Shouldn't you be home by now?"

"Technically, yeah. But, I don't mind. She's paying me extra for finishing everything."

"I'm sorry," Wooyoung sighs, but Yeosang's tone reassures him easily.

"Don't worry too much, Youngie. I'm perfectly fine. What's up, anyway? Anything new with you and Sannie?"

"No," Wooyoung laughs quietly. "We've just been doing the same thing as we had been. He's really loving and stuff, so he takes care of me quite a bit."

"He sounds like a softie," Yeosang muses. "If I weren't working so much and Jongho wasn't constantly busy on the weekdays, we'd be going out on that coffee date with you two."

"He is a softie." Wooyoung affirms. "I do want to meet the famed Jongho, anyway. So, we should go out sometime after the wedding."

"Oh, shit, yeah. I forgot that it's this week."

"On Friday." Wooyoung sighs, listening as San messes about in the kitchen behind him. "He and I have come to terms with it, but it doesn't mean we want to go through with it."

"I know, Youngie. I would feel the same way, all things considered. But, hey. At least you love him and he loves you now. You guys have each other in all of this."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right."

"Your mother still seems to think that you guys are just acquaintances." Yeosang's revelation sends a smirk to Wooyoung's lips.

"Really? Even after the recent pictures and stuff?"

"I mean, to me, you guys looked infatuated with one another. It was disgusting," Yeosang groans, and Wooyoung laughs. "How she doesn't see that is beyond me."

"I don't know. She's a fucking idiot, sometimes."

"Oh, speaking of her–" Yeosang cuts himself off, audibly shuffling through some papers. "I meant to send this to you earlier, but she was quite literally up my ass a majority of the day today."

"Oh, that's fine. Is it about the request for San and I to go away next week?"

"Unfortunately."

"Oh–?"

"She denied it."

"Why?"

"She claims that there is a lot of press-related coverings happening the week after the wedding that you may or may not need to attend to."

"God, she's annoying."

"I'm sorry, I wish I had better news to relay."

"It's fine," Wooyoung's eyes trail upwards as he spots San rounding the edge of the couch, a mug of tea in his hands. Wooyoung smiles at him, watching as he sets the mug down on the coffee table, retreating back into the kitchen to presumably grab his own mug.

"Well, you know what I think?"

"What's up?"

"The schedule is clear for you two up until the wedding. If you wanted to escape somewhere with San for a day or two, you should. But you'd have to leave tomorrow or the day after."

"I'll think about it and mention it to Sannie. It might be too soon, but who knows. I'm desperate for anything at this point."

"Yeah, I understand. Well, either way. Let me know, I can always fill your mother in and tell her that you're busy."

"You're seriously the best." Wooyoung smiles. "Thank you."

"I love you. Take it easy, okay?"

"Of course. I love you, too. Please get some rest when you get home."

"Ah, I wish I could, but I'm going to visit Jongho."

"Mm, send me details later, yeah?"

"Obviously. Bye, Youngie!"

"Bye." Wooyoung hums, hanging up the call just as San settles down on the couch, his mug pressed in his palm.

"What'd he say?" San asks, gaze hopeful.

"She denied it, so that means your father likely did too."

"I'm sorry, love." San frowns. "I know how much you wanted to do that."

"It's okay. I still have you." Wooyoung says with a small smile, watching San return the smile back. "Anyway, coffee with Joong and Hwa–"

"Yeah. What time tomorrow?"

"I told him around ten, is that okay?"

"Gives us time to wake up." San says, taking a sip of his tea.

"That's why I said ten," Wooyoung chuckles, leaning forward to grab his own mug. "I wanted cuddle time."

"Ah, so that's the real reason behind all of this?"

"Obviously, jagi." Wooyoung takes a drink of his tea, looking at San after. "Time spent with you is more important than anything."

San looked at him for a moment, his mug held in his palm and rested in his lap. Wooyoung eyes him curiously, taking another sip of his own tea.

"I love you."

Wooyoung smiles, comfortably setting his mug down on his lap, one hand protectively holding it in place. His head tilts, leaned against the cushions, meeting San's overly fond gaze.

"I love you, too."

Night falls fast, cradling the pair beneath their comforter, a soothing silence befalling the quiet apartment in a haze of contentment. Wooyoung was facing his bedroom door, San's arms draped around his waist, pressing against him closely, sharing his body warmth beneath the covers.

Wooyoung sleeps peacefully through the night, cuddled close, making no move to gain distance or acquire space, wanting nothing more than to remain as close as possible.

Dawn breaks over the horizon, the sky melting into an array of warm reds and pinks, followed by a cast of yellows as the sun ascends back into its rightful place. Wooyoung wakes before his alarm, eyes blinking awake tiredly, searching the space ahead of him. His room had been brightened from the rising sun, colors peeking through his parted curtains, painting his white walls in a blur of warmth.

With a quiet exhale as he stretches his arms gently, Wooyoung leans upright a few inches, tapping his phone screen, eyeing the time. His alarm was set to go off in twenty minutes, leaving even more time of quiet to settle into. Wooyoung settles back down, pressing back into San, feeling the male subconsciously hold him tighter, a subtle sigh of appeasement leaving his lips.

Wooyoung can feel San's breath on the back of his neck, warm and soft, a gentle reminder of his presence. Their shared closeness was something Wooyoung cherished, knowing that their relationship had started from opposite sides of the apartment to a now shared bed with little space left between them.

Wooyoung's alarm begins to chime through, a crack to shatter their blissful slumber, which pulls an audible sleepy groan from San's chest. With a breath, Wooyoung pulled himself away from San, who immediately whined in protest as Wooyoung moved to turn off his alarm.

"Shh, baby." Wooyoung says, rolling over to face San, laying back down within the safety and warmth of his arms. "I'm right here, I'm not leaving."

"Don't w'na get up yet." San says with a breath, tightening his embrace on Wooyoung, pulling him into his chest. "Stay here."

"I'll stay here." Wooyoung promises, nuzzling his way to the crook of San's neck, breathing him in with a hum.

San smiles, hand smoothing a light, lazy drag up and down the length of Wooyoung's spine. Pressing two, gentle kisses against San's neck. Wooyoung basks in this moment, hoping to never spend a morning without San ever again. San's head moves slightly, pulling back for a moment, but only to press a tender kiss to Wooyoung's forehead.

After another quiet few minutes spent resting, San stirs further awake, a contemplative sigh breathing through his chest as he leans back again, kissing Wooyoung's forehead, then his cheek, pressing two fingers beneath the younger's chin before pressing his lips to his.

"I'm gonna go shower," San mumbles after they part.

"I'll wait for you in the living room." Wooyoung says back, a sleepy smile curling.

San leans upright, kissing Wooyoung's temple and his cheek again, murmuring I love you against his skin. Wooyoung turns just barely, enough to properly look up at him.

Even this early with messy locks of hair and a sleepy voice, Wooyoung finds himself settled into a deep infatuation, wondering how there had ever been a time spent without Choi San in his life.

"I love you too, jagi." Wooyoung murmurs in return, watching San smile warmly.

"I'll meet you out there, okay?"

"Mm."

San swings his legs off of the bed before disappearing into the depths of the en-suite, leaving Wooyoung alone amongst his unkempt bed and tired mind. They had roughly an hour before they were to meet Seonghwa and Hongjoong for their coffee date, which had been plenty of time for them to complete their routines before needing to meet their driver outside. Wooyoung, at this point, didn't care about the media watching their every move.

There was no secret to worry about, at least, not one that would destroy the entire agreement. He loved San, so the fear of not showing enough affection hadn't existed any longer. He had just hoped that the vultures would offer them enough space to meet their friends in peace, trying to enjoy time away from the company and its ventures.

Eventually, Wooyoung decided to roll out of bed, stifling a sigh as he moved around the bed, fixing the pillows and adjusting the sheets and comforter, making the bed look presentable enough. No one but them were going to see it, so as long as it looked slightly made, he was okay with that. He walks through the bathroom, entering into his closet, perusing through the multitude of options that presented itself before him. He wanted to look nice enough, considering that the media would be prowling about, so he settled for a button-up and ripped jeans. It was casual in style, but would be photographed well in the event that his pictures ended up in some sort of media. With some added jewelry, plus his engagement ring, he found himself dressed-up to his liking, exiting his wardrobe just as San had gotten out of the shower.

"My, my–" Wooyoung muses, adjusting the ring on his finger. "Think we have time to stay home?"

San turns to look at him, a towel wrapped around his waist as he drags a hand through his damp hair. "Way to be a tease, love."

"I'm the tease?" Wooyoung mocks with fake shock. "That's rich coming from you, especially when you have the audacity to look like that."

"I'm just standing here in front of the sink, jagi."

"And that, in itself, is a criminal offense." Wooyoung pouts, folding his arms against his chest.

"You're cute," San smiles. "You also look really good, by the way."

Wooyoung rolls his eyes bashfully, walking forward, closing the distance between them. "Thank you, but you look better."

"This isn't a competition." San eyes him through the reflection of the mirror, Wooyoung's eyes rising to meet halfway. "You're the most beautiful being to me."

"I could say the same thing about you." Wooyoung smiles at him, dropping his head down, kissing San's bare shoulder. "Hurry up before I force you back into bed."

"Oh, well now I should just take my time, right?"

"Don't be a tease," Wooyoung chastises, smiling irregardless. "Seriously, be quick. Let's head to the lobby soon."

"I know, I will." San says, waving Wooyoung off. Wooyoung rolls his eyes playfully, heading out of the en-suite and through his bedroom, fully exiting into the living space. With a swivel of his head, he inspects the surroundings, choosing to sit down on the counter stool as he awaited San's presence.

Boringly, Wooyoung decides to scroll through social media, looking into articles surrounding Eun Media while simultaneously avoiding posts involving his name or the wedding. He had already been in a tougher spot mentally, and looking at stuff that had involved his name would only make any of this worse. So, he continues on, aimlessly scrolling with little interest before he hears San trek into the living space, walking towards the front door in search of his usual shoes.

"Ready?" San asks, sliding his phone into his pocket.

With a breath, Wooyoung nods, putting his phone away. "Yeah, let's go."

San laces on his shoes, Wooyoung following suit, walking out into the hall with San locking the door behind them. Immediately, Wooyoung slides his hand into San's, lacing their fingers together as they strode towards the elevator.

"Sannie?"

"Yes?"

"Have you ever looked at articles about us?"

"No." San shakes his head, pressing the button to call the elevator. "People can be hateful over nothing, so it's best to avoid it."

"I don't look either, but I was just curious if you ever had."

San hums, acknowledging that he had heard Wooyoung. The elevator arrives a moment later, chiming as the doors slid open, the pair settling inside with familiar comfort. Wooyoung leaned into San purposely, nudging his shoulder against the elder's, a near-playful gesture to keep the mood light amidst their outing. San rolls his eyes, but nudges him back, squeezing his hand in affirmation.

Once the elevator arrives at the lobby floor, San looks at Wooyoung as they step out of the elevator, a question lingering on his tongue. Wooyoung eyes him, a mere glance, immediately catching the sudden change of demeanor.

"Hm?" Wooyoung raises his brow, waiting patiently for San to ask the question sitting in the back of his mind.

"Oh, nothing, I just–" San glances away, focusing on their walk, trying not to run into anyone or anything. "I worry about you. After what you told me, I just don't want you looking at that stuff, Woo."

"Oh, jagi–" Wooyoung sighs, stopping their trek right before the front doors, turning slightly to look at San. "Baby, I'm not going to look at it, okay? Don't worry."

San smiles at him, nodding slightly. "Okay, love. Let's go so we're not late."

"Okay," Wooyoung agrees, following San's pull on his hand as they trek into the outdoors. Media personnel had been minimal for this early venture, but had been present nonetheless. Wooyoung keeps his vile words to himself, smiling quietly, squeezing San's hand as they make way down the concrete path towards the secluded SUV.

Their driver opens their door, shuffling inside instantly, listening as the door shuts behind them with a sense of relief. Wooyoung had always hated the invasion of privacy, but he knew that the media would be more persistent, considering that their names had been nearly plastered on every magazine and article as of late. The rumors, the wedding, the companies; everything had been overwhelming, leading Wooyoung into a tornadic whirlwind of thoughts, presented by the front of his anxiety. But, as always, he chooses to ignore his inner demons, scooting closer to San, resting against him, leaning his head down onto his shoulder. San would always be there, a steadfast anchor in his waves of tumultuous despair; something to hold onto when it felt as if everything had been slipping through his fingers.

San turns his head slightly, kissing into Wooyoung's hair twice before reaching his hand over, clasping over the expanse of his thigh. Wooyoung hums in response, letting his eyes fall closed, trying to pull whatever sense of relief he could muster from this closeness. Moments like this were a true testament of their bond, a love that had sparked from unwanted time together and resentment, forging into an understanding that dove well past anything they had once known. A show of affection etched within the walls of their home, coming to terms with how much their souls had longed to comfort one another. One suffering from the abuse of a lover, the other tossed around and used as a mere toy; both searching for someone to heal them. Little did they know that that someone had been living amidst the same apartment, locked behind a bedroom door, completely lost in a fog of unbridled and misplaced anger.

Wooyoung loved him; truly, and deeply loved him. This world, this life that he had been thrown into, would be worth nothing if he didn't have San. Wooyoung would much rather bury himself into the pit of hell than breathe in a moment where he couldn't have San with him, lost in a shadow of darkness that chose to suffocate him.

His past, one that he chose to ignore for his own sake, now bridged the final gap lingering between them, attaching their hearts together in the same beat, bodies in tune with the same hum. It had been something he chose not to share simply because of the depth of it, knowing that his diagnosis and his parent's treatment during that time had been awfully dark and deceptive, stringing from a long line of disappointment and loathing distaste. Wooyoung never understood why his parents hadn't cherished him like they did Beomgyu, but he supposed it was something to do with him. Hence, came his hesitance about San's love for him.

No one had loved him before, nor chosen to keep him around for more than a few minutes of intimate release. So having this, right now, even among all of the struggles and heartbreak, had spoken volumes. San was steadfast in his feelings, adamant, completely sure in his love for Wooyoung and hadn't wavered once. Wooyoung had been eternally grateful, sinking even deeper into his feelings and emotions, tethering himself to San, hoping that this feeling would simply last an eternity.

The arrival to the coffee shop had taken all of ten minutes, San nudging Wooyoung awake with his elbow as the car rolled to a stop.

"C'mon," San murmurs, opening his door, pulling Wooyoung outside with him. The media hadn't been present, likely not anticipating their arrival to such a small-scale coffee shop. San captures Wooyoung's hand, smiling at him as he led their trek into the shop, pulling open the front door while simultaneously telling the driver to order something of his own, offering to pay for whatever he had wanted.

Wooyoung's eyes scan around the small, nicely-lit environment, finding a cozy atmosphere laced with the scent of coffee beans and vanilla. Upon his view of the interior, he spots Seonghwa and Hongjoong nestled at a corner table, already talking with two cups of coffee in front of them, smiling and quietly discussing something on Hongjoong's phone.

"Sannie," Wooyoung turns to San, pointing to the table their friends were waiting at. "Can you just get me an americano?"

"Of course, love. Go sit. I'll be there in a minute."

Leaning over, Wooyoung kisses San's cheek before he walks off, smiling when Seonghwa's eyes meet his own.

"Hwa!" Wooyoung says, opening up his arms. "C'mere, you owe me a hug."

Seonghwa gladfully rises from his seat, engulfing Wooyoung into a hug, one that had a slight tightness to it, expressing the pure love that had radiated between them.

"I've missed your dumb face." Seonghwa sighs. "I'm glad you could come out."

"I've missed your stupid voice," Wooyoung teases back. "I wouldn't miss something like this. After all, I haven't even properly met Joong."

"It's nice to finally meet you, Wooyoung. I've heard a lot from Seonghwa and Sannie both."

"As have I about you," Wooyoung smiles, pulling away from Seonghwa's embrace. "It's nice to finally get together. It feels right, y'know?"

"Didn't Yeosang and I tell you that our two friend groups would get along?" Seonghwa muses, a knowing glint within his eyes. Wooyoung nods, defeated in the knowledge that his friends had been right all along, and his petty behavior from months ago was a mere cast over his lingering desire to pull San into him.

"I know, I know. We're here now, aren't we?" Wooyoung deflects carefully, sitting down in the chair opposite Seonghwa.

"We are," Seonghwa's glance turns away from Wooyoung as he settles down too. "Here comes Sannie."

Wooyoung turns to look over his shoulder, smiling when he spots San carrying over their drinks. San smiles back, handing off Wooyoung's drink to him, sitting down in the empty seat across from Hongjoong.

"It's good to see you, Sannie." Hongjoong says, hands settled around his drink. "Things been okay?"

"It's good to see both of you," San replies, taking a short breath. "Things have been fine, yeah. Just a bit crazy, but that's life."

"What's on your mind?" Hongjoong curiously pries, and San shrugs.

"We were trying to go on a vacation together next week, to get away from all of this. . . mess, and they won't let us."

"I'm sorry," Seonghwa says sadly. "You'd think they'd let you time away after getting married and all."

"My mother doesn't have a nice bone in her body. You know that." Wooyoung replies, taking a sip of his americano.

"Well," Hongjoong glances at Seonghwa for a moment before looking between San and Wooyoung. "We have a place we like to go to get away from everything. If you ever want to head there, I'll give you the keys."

"Oh?" Wooyoung looks at Seonghwa. "I didn't know about this. Is it a secret location or something?"

"Not necessarily, but it's super secluded." Hongjoong affirms. "It's a cabin, and it's a bit of a drive from here. So if you ever need that privacy away from the cameras and your parents, it would be the place to go."

"I wish we could," Wooyoung frowns.

"Who knows?" San shrugs. "We could probably go for a day."

"Yeosang did mention that they'd be more likely to approve of a single day away if we wanted to go somewhere, but it'd have to be tomorrow." Wooyoung glances at San, searching his expression for a hint at anything he'd been feeling.

"That's–" San takes a breath inwards, glancing down at his coffee. "Soon. I don't think my father would be happy."

"God," Seonghwa sighs. "It's tough to be in your spot."

"It sucks." Wooyoung slightly laughs with admittance. "We're literally getting married and we can't even go on a honeymoon."

"Still not feeling the entire idea of marriage?" Hongjoong asks, looking between the pair again.

"No." San shakes his head. "We've only really been together for a week or so, so adding marriage to the equation is a bit daunting."

"We're not letting it define us, though. The rings aren't going to mean more than a piece of jewelry for now, at least, not until we're ready for that chapter." Wooyoung's tone drops to match San's, careful not to talk too loudly.

"I'm glad you guys are on the same page," Seonghwa smiles. "That's really mature of you both."

"Enough about us," Wooyoung says, looking at Seonghwa. "Tell me about you two."

"Well–" Seonghwa glances at Hongjoong, almost as if he'd been seeking approval, and Hongjoong instead just smiles at him. "We decided to actually get together a few weeks ago. We were keeping it quiet because I wasn't sure where it would lead us and I was afraid to break-up and cause chaos and whatever, but that's not the case."

"I'm happy for you two," San says quietly. "Genuinely, it's good to see Hongjoong with someone who actually cherishes him."

"It's about damn time, Hwa!" Wooyoung says with a smile. "Remember what it was like watching me pine over Sannie? How painful that must have been?"

"Don't even–" Seonghwa warns, but Wooyoung smirks and continues rambling anyway.

"Watching you pine over Joong was horrendous. I'm just happy you're with him now. God, wait? Our trio isn't single anymore."

"Way to connect the dots, genius." Seonghwa teases. "Now we just need to get Yeosang here with Jongho."

"And Mingi–" Hongjoong adds. "If he decides to get back together with what's-his-name."

"Yunho, wasn't it?"

"Mm, yeah. I think so. He's a dancer for some entertainment company near Mingi's gym, so it'd make sense on how they met."

"Ah, yeah." San smiles. "We'll just have to get everyone together, won't we?"

"Yeah." Wooyoung smiles, nudging San with his elbow.

Just then, Seonghwa's phone buzzes in tandem with Wooyoung's, a notification from Yeosang appearing with a link to an article with a headline neither of them had been expecting.

"Uh–" Seonghwa looks up, gazing at Wooyoung who's eyes had been boring a hole into his phone. "Wooyoung?"

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Wooyoung mutters under his breath, unable to remove his focus from his screen.

"What? Can I see?" San asks, glancing between Wooyoung and his phone.

With a pit in his stomach and a bated breath, Wooyoung hands his phone over, clenching his teeth. He couldn't believe his eyes, let alone the news that had broke only a couple of minutes ago. He was confused, but couldn't help how angry he had felt. The headline was stark, etched into his memories now, completely voiding any opportunity to think into anything else.

Beomgyu had been recently engaged and ready to be married off, stuck in a new arranged marriage, just like how he had been.

But not to just anyone, to fucking Sun-hee of all people.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 758 58
Yeosang was in a very bad relationship for a long time and he almost didn't get out until Seonghwa, Hongjoong, and Yunho helped him out. Ever since...
32.2K 1.4K 42
[Slow updates!] Started: 04/06/23 Completed: - " " Prove your words " San whispered, his tongue poking the inside of his cheek as his mouth met...
68.1K 3.8K 20
[COMPLETE] ATEEZ wooyoung/san "he's just so perfect. do you know heather? for me, that's him." "..dude, heather's a girl." (full synopsis inside) -a...
16.1K 1.3K 12
Wooyoung didn't know what he did to deserve such a horrible manservant. With the weight of the kingdom over his head and the constant demands of his...