Destructive Enchantment

By twistedinreality

[𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞!𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐱 𝐟!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫] The plan was simple. Don't make a fool of yourself, and do... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Past Tribulations I
Chapter 2: Past Tribulations II
Chapter 3: Past Tribulations III
Chapter 4: Past Tribulations IIII
Chapter 5: Arrival
Chapter 6: Not a Goblin
Chapter 7: Heart Attack At First Sight
Chapter 8: Dance With The Devil
Chapter 9: Maniac on the Dance Floor
Chapter 10: Late Night Visitor
Chapter 12: Departure
Chapter 13: Getting Acquainted
Chapter 14: Odd One Out
Chapter 15: Jealousy
Chapter 16: A Warning
Chapter 17: My Lovely Flower
Chapter 18: Serendipity of A Mad Man
Chapter 19: Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 20: Conflicting Emotions

Chapter 11: A Kiss From My Miss

4.5K 202 57
By twistedinreality

POV: Emperor Zander Kruos

After the ball.

I sigh, running my hands through my strands, causing a few more to come undone from its slicked back state.

What an annoyance this was.

"Your majesty, have you decided on who will be selected to participate, yet?" One of the royal advisors questions, the rest looking at me expectantly.

When the servants began to escort the guests out, myself, my royal advisors, and the royal council immediately headed to the office room in order to discuss where to go from here. It was late, and I wished for nothing more than to get this over with.

Although, there were a few highlights from tonight that certainly made it somewhat enjoyable. A smile creeps to my lips at the thought of the feisty girl.

"Your majesty?" The same advisor questions my silence.

"I don't have much of an opinion on who is to be chosen." It was an honest answer.

After talking to the nobles tonight, I came to the obvious, well-established conclusion that the majority were after the same goal. Fame, wealth, status, the things that came with being Empress or being related to the empress. It was painstakingly boring listening to the same plain conversations.

Then, there was (y/n).

It was ironic, really. Nobles would act so sweet and kind to me, yet they would be the most vindictive, vile person to those around them.

Yet, she seemed to be the exact opposite. Kind to everyone but me.

I almost laugh at the contradiction. Out of all people to be kind and hospitable to, it should be me, yet she continues to surprise me.

I saw the way she spoke to others. The way she thanked the servants, the way she apologized to those even when she wasn't at fault, the way she spoke kindly even when being insulted.

Yet, when she spoke to me, it was as if she had turned into another person. After our first conversation in the hallway, I chalked her behavior up to not knowing who I was. I figured she would tuck, bow her head, and kiss the ground beneath my feet when she realized who I was.

Imagine, to my surprise, how she didn't, even when realizing that I was the emperor she compared to a goblin. When I held her in my arms and we danced, I wanted to see if she would elicit similar, amusing conversations.

I saw the fear within her eyes, yet it didn't seem to stop her from being so feisty. I felt the tremble in her body, yet it didn't stop her from being so witty. She stood her ground, despite knowing that she shouldn't have.

All the ladies I've talked to tonight gave the same boring, disingenuous conversations. "You're so handsome. We would go so well together," fawning over an idolized fantasy within their heads.

The real fun only occurred when I danced with a certain (h/c)-haired vixen. She made me laugh with her quite amusing words, and never once did that fire from her eyes die as I taunted her.

I craved that fire.

I wanted to see what other sides to her sweet little facade she had. I wanted to be the only one to see it.

My advisor opens his mouth to speak, though a weak knock at the door turns all of our heads.

"Come in." I spoke, wondering what someone could possibly need at this hour, knowing what is transpiring.

A small, feeble maid walks in, bowing her head before rushing over to me.

"Lady (y/n) wished to speak to you, but didn't realize you were not taking visitors. She kindly asked me to send her apologies to you on her behalf." She whispers to me so that only I could hear, shaking from all of the eyes on her.

A large grin finally breaks my face.

Ah, finally. Some excitement.

"Lead the way." I commanded the maid.

"Where are you going, your majesty? We must select the candidates!" One of my advisors looked stressed.

"I don't care who is chosen. Figure out the candidates. I will be right back." And with that, I slam the door shut.

I wonder why she has decided to apologize now out of all times. Did I miscalculate her disinterest and this was ultimately a grand scheme to seduce me?

'No. That would have been much too risky of a plan, especially given she doesn't know how volatile the results of speaking ill to an emperor can be.'

I chalked it up to her being an extremely dense, naive girl. Combine it with that mouth of hers, she was bound to have caved that sweet little facade, eventually.

Luckily, I specialize in pushing people's buttons.

Why was I so interested in her, anyways? Was it because I had a physical attraction to her? Or was it because I had an emotional attraction to her?

I didn't deny that I was physically attracted to her. Her skin seemed to glow, looking much more radiant than the ladies of the empire. I was told she was from the southern regions, where there is much more sun, compared to the harsh, cold weather here in the empire.

Maybe if I got my way with her once, it would flush her out of my system and I would get bored of her. Although, her looks didn't even come to mind until now. This whole night I was enthralled by her mannerism.

My inner turmoil came to a halt when we stopped in front of a door.

"This is Lady (y/n)'s room, your majesty." The maid bowed.

'I guess there is only one way to find out.' I grin at the idea that had entered my mind.

———

"May I come in?"

I snap out of my stupor at his request.

"O-of course, your majesty," I bow. Curse my stupid stuttering! I widen the door a bit as he steps in, before shutting it gently.

With my back still against the emperor, I try to calm my nerves.

"My servant said you requested to see me."

I turn around to face him. He is perched on the edge of my bed, one ankle crossed over his knee casually as he leans back on his hands.

"Yes. I had wanted to apologize to you personally, though I was informed you were not taking visitors, so I asked her to pass along the message," I stated meekly, undaring to take a step toward him.

"Hmm..." he hums in thought as he rakes his eyes up and down my figure.

"Come here." Emperor Kruos beckons me closer, curling the index finger of one hand. I hesitate at the command, though decide better against denying his order.

Every step I took felt heavier and heavier underneath his intense scrutiny. His eyes drank me in as I neared him. Once I was a few feet away from him, I stopped.

"Closer." He orders, straightening up as I neared.

What in the world? What does he want?

I take a few more measly steps towards him before a hand flies out, grabbing my wrist. Surprised and caught off guard, I yelp lightly as he tugs me closer to him. I stumble at the abruptness, catching myself with both hands.

Realizing the position we were in, I feel a deep blush on my face. I am between his legs, both hands grabbing his shoulders from trying to stabilize myself. We are eye level with each other, and I quickly divert my gaze to the comforter behind him, attempting to look anywhere but his eyes.

"Were you planning on waltzing into my office and apologizing in this skimpy little dress? Are you trying to seduce me?" He questions me.

I looked down at that question, realizing in that moment that I had nothing but my thin slip on. The abrupt notification of his arrival made me forget to put a coat on and cover up!

I blush harder at his lewd words, feeling the tips of my ears heat up. "Y-you have me mistaken! I wasn't expecting you to visit so hastily, so it slipped my mind to put on a coat! I will get one right now!"

I tried to dislodge myself from his hold, but his hands had moved to my waist, preventing me from leaving.

"Yet you decide to try and apologize at such late hours instead of morning time? How come?" He further questions me.

"W-well, I am leaving first thing tomorrow morning and didn't know if you would be busy with work and such at that time..." I tried to explain my reasoning.

Emperor Kruos laughs at my words, leaving me slightly confused. Does he not have a busy schedule?

"You aren't leaving tomorrow, you silly girl." His words make me freeze.

"What do you mean?" I question, my heart leaping in fear. Will I be getting a punishment for my actions tomorrow? I didn't expect it to be so soon!

"You were selected to be one of the ten candidates that will be participating to become the empress." He casually remarks.

...What?!

"Your majesty, I think your royal advisors must be mistaken. I cannot be a candidate," I exclaim in disbelief.

"Why not?" He questions.

"Because I am barely even a noble!" I cannot help but use being a failed princess in this situation.

"You are a princess, are you not?"

"Not anymore, technically. My kingdom is no longer, remember?" I reminded him of when I first introduced myself.

"You are a princess of Therasis."

"I never took that title when I was offered, therefore I am technically not royalty there," I reiterate.

"That does not matter to me." He brushes it off.

"But it should, since you are the emperor!" I relent.

His eyes narrow in displeasure at my defiance. "Why are you fighting so hard to not become a candidate?" His biting tone causes me to freeze, his large hands giving my waist a light, but threatening squeeze.

"B-because...you should choose someone who is of higher status..." I lamely attempt to lie.

Well, it is partially true. Emperor Kruos should realistically be choosing someone of higher status, though I couldn't care less about who he selected as long as it wasn't me.

He immediately notices. "You are lying."

Not wanting to admit to lying, though he already knew, I switched the topic. "Even if I were of higher status, we are incompatible people, your majesty."

Emperor Kruos looks lethal at my words. Well, that just somehow made it so much worse, somehow.

"And how did you determine that?" His voice held anger.

"We are much too different in every aspect, your majesty. I do not think that I am a good candidate and I believe that spot should go to a lady who actually wants to become empress." I give my honest thoughts.

He is quiet for a bit before he speaks, his words devoid of any emotion. "I don't think you realize that you don't have much of a say on this matter."

His words make me furrow my eyebrows. "What?"

"The decision has already been finalized. It doesn't matter what you want and don't want. I don't care about what you want and don't want on this matter." His words make my eyes widen.

"So, even if I don't want to participate in the selection process, I must do so?" I clarify in disbelief. "This is against my will! You can't do that!"

"I am the emperor, I can do whatever I want." He reminds me.

At my clearly upset expression, he smiles wickedly. "Do you want me to give you a choice?"

"Yes!" I immediately replied. Of course I want a choice on this matter!

"I will give you two choices then. One, you can stay here and participate in the selection process. Or two, you can deny participating in the selection process, and go back to your sweet little home in Therasis." He offers.

What an easy choice! As I was about to speak and select the obvious choice, he casually adds in.

"Though, I cannot guarantee Therasis will be war free." My heart drops to my stomach at his nonchalance when uttering such heavy words.

"W-w-why? Why would you do that?" I whisper, barely able to get my question out.

Emperor Kruos raises an eyebrow at that. "I didn't say I was going to declare war on them. I am just simply putting it out there."

I knew what he was attempting to do, but I couldn't help but fall for it. The seed of doubt he planted in my mind began to sprout. The best thing to do was be on the emperor's good side, it is the least I owe King Therasis.

Besides, I was just going to be a candidate. It didn't mean he would choose me to become empress at the very end. The chances were highly unlikely as I didn't have anything to offer beneficially. I just needed to participate.

"Okay," I reply, tired and defeated. "I will participate."

"Good girl." Emperor Kruos drawls out, looking pleased with my answer. He twirls a strand of my hair absentmindedly.

"Promise me you won't declare war on Therasis." It was a bold and demanding request, though I was beyond the point of caring about the way I spoke to him. I mean, I am still alive after all I have said and done.

Emperor Kruos smirks at my audacious tone. "I promise I will not declare war on Therasis."

His promise made it feel like a huge weight lift off of my shoulders. I sigh and close my eyes at the feeling.

"What do I get in return?" His question baffled me.

I can't help but gape at him. "What? I just said I would participate."

"That isn't enough. Besides, you never properly apologized to me." Emperor Kruos points out.

I think back on it, realizing he was correct. The only apology he got was technically through the servant girl.

I step a couple large steps back and bow deeply, the lock of (h/c) slipping from his fingers as I do so. "I offer my sincerest apology for my actions and behavior tonight, your majesty. I am willing to do anything to prove I will atone for my faults."

"Anything?" He asks.

I quickly regretted my words at his inquiry, but it was too late to back out. I had to go through with it.

I hesitate before nodding.

"Kiss me." Emperor Kruos demands. He leans back on his hands casually, as if he didn't just demand such an absurd thing. A couple more strands of his onyx hair came undone throughout the night and drooped across his slightly hooded eyes.

...WHAT!?

'He has gone mad! Madder than he already was!' I yell in my head at no one in particular.

"I beg your pardon, your majesty?" Maybe I heard him wrong, though it doesn't stop the blush from spreading across my face.

The corner of his lips twitch. "I said, kiss me. You said you were willing to do anything to prove it, did you not?"

I hadn't expected the request to be so absurd! I was expecting him to make me mop the floors or clean the windows or something!

"I'm waiting, (y/n). Or, are you a lying coward?" He taunts me, still lazily sprawled on the edge of my bed.

My eyes narrow at his accusation, feeling anger begin to form. This man really knows how to rile me up.

I am not a lying coward!

Emperor Kruos licks his lips in delight at the sight.

Stomping towards him, I grab the red tie that lay slightly undone against his white undershirt and give it a harsh tug.

'I'll show him who is a lying coward!'

I angrily slam my lips against his, feeling the soft, plump skin against mine.

He groans slightly, instantly moving both hands from behind him. One hand snakes around my waist, pulling me in, and one goes to the back of my head, gripping the locks and tugging on it.

My head moves back with the motion, deepening the kiss from the new angle. I bite back the ungodly sound that threatened to break from my throat. My entire body shakes from the foreign feeling, and I grip the tie tighter from the overwhelming sensations.

After what felt like an eternity had passed, I pulled away, my heavy breathing filling the room. My skin and body felt burning hot.

That was my first kiss. And it was taken by an evil man!

"There. My behavior has been atoned for," I try to declare sternly, acting as if that kiss had not affected me in the slightest. I wipe my lips with the back of my hand for added effect.

Clearly, it didn't work. The emperor laughs at my attempts at feigning indifference. "Yes. It has been."

He stands up, towering over my frame. He was easily over a head taller than me.

Grabbing my hand, he gives a gentle kiss to the back of it.

"I look forward to seeing you tomorrow."

With that, he exits my room, shutting the door behind him.

After a few moments of silence, I jump onto the bed, burying my face into the pillow. The plush material muffles the sounds of my screams.

———

A/N: GAWLLY 🫣😮‍💨

I wasn't planning on publishing this chapter so soon because I wanted to edge you guys & leave yall on a cliffhanger, but I got way too trigger happy and I was feeling generous, so I've decided to bless you guys.

Eight pages, Zander POV, AND a lil steamy scene? Don't thank me all at once now yall 🤪

Anyways, I have a bunch of stuff to do this mid week (school, work, couple events) so I wanted to get this out early! Expect another update probably end of this week (?) The chapter is basically done but it's rough LOL.

Love yall! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 36.2K 77
What happens when you think that you've found your forever, your life and husband . But he turns out to be a cheater . Cassandra Smith is sent to j...
14.8K 210 10
If you haven't already, go read my first part one shots with almost 50 shots too!
14.6K 257 20
A lot of people have always have dreams that come true weather is a dream job or someone you love in a dream. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . But what...
4.8K 105 15
Male yandere x Female Reader