Wasl

Av wittypenart

"وقت بھی گزر جائینگے، بڑی عجیب مُلاقات ہوگی جب ہم ملیں گے وصل کی رات میں اور شمبنی برسات ہوگی" It wasn't supp... Mer

۰Dedication۰
۰Characters and Aesthetic۰
۰Prlogue۰
۰01۰ Empowered/با اختیار
۰02۰ Son/بیٹا
۰03۰ Bickering/جھڑپ
۰04۰ Fiance/منگیتر
۰05۰ Invite/دعوت نامہ
۰06۰ Feast/دعوت
۰07۰ Preparations/تیاریاں
۰08۰ Rebel/ باغی
۰09۰ Reject/مسترد
۰10۰ Humiliation/ ذلت
۰11۰ Aftermath/نتیجہ
۰12۰ Conspiracy/سازش
۰13۰ Choas/ افراتفری
۰14۰ Proposition/تجویز
۰15۰ Alliance/ رِشتہ
۰16۰ Consent/ رضامندی
۰18۰ Sacred/ مُقدّس
۰19۰ Agreement/ سمجھوتا
۰20۰ Mishap/ حادثہ
۰21۰ Bond/ بندھن
۰22۰ Bombshell/ حیرت انگیز
۰23۰ Vote/ رائے
۰24۰ Suspicious / مشکوک
۰25۰ Evil / برائی
۰26۰ Wish/ خواہش
۰27۰ Animosity/ دشمنی

۰17۰ Conditions/ شرائط

239 24 4
Av wittypenart

The faint dripping sound registered in Sahar's mind, but she couldn't quite hear it. It was there. She was aware of it, but it was like her mind had a system of its own and just chose to ignore that sound. It was there, but nonexistent. She heard it clearly, but her mind wasn't catching up to the sound. She was at her job. It was a night shift. She'd been working eight hours non-stop. Although the shift was about to end in an hour or so, she already felt drained off her energy. It's been four days since her Uncle's accident.

He's doing fine after the first few days of difficulty, but he was recommended proper rest till his ribs heal again completely. She stayed with her cousins the nights her Chachi wasn't there and was with Duad. It was a tough time for sure, but she managed to pull through. By Allah's grace, her Uncle's health was improving day by day. She was very relaxed on that side, but the real problem that was eating her mind wasn't her Uncle.

It was something entirely different.

"I'm ready to marry...Ahad."

Her words from previous days ran as a broken record in her mind reminding her of the one of the biggest life decision she had ever taken. A marriage. In every girl's life, that was the most vital and daunting decision. And she had taken it very easily. Not easily enough, but still. She doesn't know what the future holds, but her decision was made before she could ponder over the fact. It was in a spur of a moment. Not entirely, but she knew she had to do something. To help her family. In any way possible. After all, Duad had taken care of them when their father wasn't around. He was absent in many important moments of their life, but at least he was there. Now, she just couldn't turn her back on him. Especially when he needed her the most. It would be so horrid on her part.

"Sahar." Her reverie broke as she heard the voice of Alina. She turned at her voice and saw that she was taking out the empty drip. She instantly become alarmed and checked the patient. He seemed to be doing fine. She felt Alina eyeing her with great curiosity, so she excused herself along with her.

"Are you okay?" Alina asked while keeping a tentative hand on Sahar's shoulder. She didn't speak until they reached the nurse's cabin. It was empty since it was still early in the morning. She plopped down on a chair and disclosed the real reason behind her zoning out

"I'm marrying Ahad." She witnessed as Alina's eyes widened in surprise or shock, she couldn't quite comprehend the emotion swirling in those big wide eyes.

"As in Zaviyar's brother? How, I mean, when?" She too plopped down on a chair beside Sahar and scooted it closer to be in her reach. Sahar narrated each and every part of the detail to Alina who listened with undivided attention. After she completed the entire incident, a frown took upon Alina's face. Her eyebrows drew in closer together and she rasped out

"Wasn't the company in great condition when your father passed? You told me yourself he signed many good deals and investors."

It was Sahar's turn to frown. She didn't think much, but when Alina pointed that out, it was a valid question. The current situation of the company was totally different contrarily to the situation few years ago. She didn't pry much in business since she didn't understand more than half of it, but still, what the hell happened in just a span of few years that the company was on the brink of bankruptcy? What really happened?

"Leave it. There must be some issues. Businesses are like that."

Alina shrugged as if she wasn't the one who gardened the seed of doubt in the first place, but she's probably right. Businesses works like that. One minute its sunshine, other moment, pure darkness. It's a game. A race. Nothing more than that.

"So you and Ahad? Has he talked to you or anything?" Alina asked as her eyes sparkled with mischief and eagerness. Sahar rolled her eyes at the evident excitement on Alina's face. She looked more enthusiastic than Sahar herself.

"As I told you it's just a compromise. The marriage will bring the two families together."

Alina looked heavily disappointed by Sahar's response. It was evident in the slumping of her shoulders and the sharp side eye she gave Sahar who raised her eyebrow in question.

"Don't talk like that. Marriage is not some compromise or a business deal. Don't you know, love stories always start like that."

The eager glint was back in Alina's eyes once again as he nudged Sahar's shoulder.

"Love is mundane. It's nothing, but an illusion. People mistake affection for love. Paving ways for heartbreak over something that truly didn't exist. People are delusional."

Alina was quite shocked by how Sahar described her views on love. It was so so....bland. Alina was a sucker for romance and love stories and to hear someone else describe love as something mundane and delusional offended her. Shattered her fantasy of love.

"You haven't been in love to label it mundane. I agree people are delusional, but somewhere in the world, there is love and there is hope. Even for the most broken one. That's what we believe right."

Sahar stayed silent to her friend's statement. Somewhere in her heart, she too believed it, but the words didn't touch her lips. A sigh escaped Alina's lips and she stood up and dusted invisible dust from her clothes.

"I should start my duty."

She left the room after that. Sahar sat there, in a moment of pure silence. The only roar audible was off her troubling mind. Sooner, she too stood up, packed her things and left the hospital to go back home.
****************

Ahad buttoned up his coat and ran one last hand through his hair before he descended down the stairs. He was simultaneously checking his phone for any emails or news. Fortunately, the fire the pictures caused had subsided, but in it's wake come many grave difficulties and glitches. Many investors were pulling back since they didn't want to be associated with a company having scandals. Satisfying those investors took all of his time. Time he treasured so dearly. He finally stepped down the last step and headed to the kitchen. He brewed himself a strong cup of coffee, black with no sugar. He still was engrossed in his mobile phone reading some document when movements caught his eye

"How you swallow that thing is out of my mind." He smiled as his mother eyed his black coffee like some atrocious artifact. Too disturbing to look at. Kissing his mother on her forehead, he took a seat on the chair beside hers. He saw as her relaxed eyes turned serious before the words escaped her mouth

"Your grandmother has called for you. Apparently she has some business to talk with you."

She said before standing up and making herself a nice hot cup of chai.

Desi parents and their obesesion with chai is never ending.

He nodded his head and felt his mother silently looking at him. Before he could question her scrutiny, she let the words out

"I have to go and properly discuss the wedding festivities with Tanzila. Marriage isn't some game. Its the union of two people. Merger of two families."

In fair game, Rubina wasn't too pleased with the idea of Ahad marrying Sahar not because she doesn't like Sahar. She liked the girl a lot. The thing that didn't suit well with her was how everyone was representing it.

Like a business deal.

To her it was an insult to the word marriage. The bond that forms between a husband and wife after the Nikkah isn't something ordinary. It's extraordinary. And people treating it as low as some business deal, like some trade was highly disrespectful. Offensive at many points. To some, even her own family, she would seem like one of a conservative mind, but the truth cannot make you conservative or liberal. And the truth about marriage is that it's a sacred bond. One that shouldn't be treated any less than noble and respectful.

"I'll take you there." He muttered to put his mother at ease. She only nodded her head before getting back to preparing her breakfast. Ahad didn't like the way his mother was acting. He can't bear her be upset, that too with him. So he approached her tentatively, like one little movement could trigger her. Upon arms distance, he wrapped his arms around her and apologized

"I'm sorry. I know you're not happy with all this, but I'm helpless over here." At his words, Rubina turned and looked him in the eye

"Remember whatever this might be, she'll be your wife. You have to treat her as one. I won't tolerate any injustice done towards her due to any reason. Don't treat her as one of your business deals. She deserves your respect and care."

A forlorn look crossed her eyes before it was gone. Too fast for him to caught up to it. Squeezing his mother's hand, he reassured her with his words

"I promise. You won't get any complaints."

Finally, a small smile grazed her features and he was put at ease. He finished the remains of his coffee and walked to the main house. As usual, it was silent. He walked to the living room and found his grandmother and Ghazal there. Sawera stood up by the support of her cane and he moved forward to help her.

"Take me to the hospital. I have some stuff to share with Duad."

His eyebrows drew in closer, the gap decreasing between them upon the words of her. He stayed silent and she, with his help, exited the room. Ghazal however, was silent. To a person of her nature, she seemed uncomfortably quiet. Like calm before the storm. But maybe he was just reading more into the situation. Ignoring her nonexistent presence, he helped his grandmother sit in the car before he revived the engine back to life and off they go.
******************

The vehicle stopped before the premises of the hospital. Ahad got off the car and helped his grandmother to her feet and they walked inside and toward the elevator. Daud would be discharged in a few hours and he called Ahad to meet him. But looked like his grandmother had something else in mind. He didn't ask. Of course, she wouldn't tell him. She liked being secretive and bombing everyone after her work was done. The elevator tinged and the doors opened. They did a small walk to his room at the end of the corridor and entered after knocking twice.

The way Daud's eyes slightly widened in surprise proved he too wasn't aware of the arrival of his grandmother. That made Ahad agitated. Whenever his grandmother was this secretive, she had something planned in mind. Something vicious. Vile.

"I hope you're doing fine." Sawera's voice was visibly calm. Honeyed and concerned. If Ahad didn't know her so well, he would've been fooled to take her voice anything as close to concerned. No, she wasn't here to ask about his health. She was here to settle the scores. That was obvious with the chill of her voice. But the main question is

How is she going to settle the scores?

"Can you give us a moment please, Ahad?" Those sharp eyes darted to him and he suddenly grew rigid. No, that wasn't a good sign. He shook his head and uttered

"I much rather stay here." He saw as Sawera's pupils dilated and how she fisted her hand at her side. Still, her voice didn't waver an inch. Like she was prepared for a moment like this.

"Let us adults deal with matters. You should probably go to the company."

She tapped her cane twice as if finalizing her decision. A muscle ticked tight in his jaw. The nerve on his brain plummeting, but he had to nod. There was no way she would let him stay here. He eyed Daud. He'll get those answers from him. Turning around, he opened the door and walked outside. Sighing, he headed downstairs to catch some fresh air, but stopped in his tracks at the sight of brown straight hair and big doe eyes staring right into his honeyed orbs.

"Sahar?"
****************

Daud eyed the old lady before him with scrutiny. She was way too quiet. She just sat there staring right at him with such intensity that he was for once, a little scared of her. She didn't look like an old lady. She resembled a fox. Cunning and smart. Aware of her moves. Always ready to attack at the first cry of it's prey. She was a predator and him, her unfortunate prey.

"Let's put all the pleasantries aside. You and I both know I don't give a damn whether you live or die. Why even bother pretending?"

He gritted his teeth, but didn't say anything. She took his silence as resortment and continued

"You have no idea what grave mistake you have done. You degraded my family name. Hussain's family name was uttered with disgust by many. All happened because of your stupid lust for more."

She was as arrogant as he imagined her to be. He could see where Ghazal got her attitude from. The woman before him must have molded the likes of her into her own clone. Different in features, same in nature.

"Your company is suffering losses after losses right? I have a solution."

His resolve broke free and he spatted at her

"You were behind it!" She sighed dejectedly like she wasn't just expecting him to say what he said.

"Took you long enough to guess, but it's alright. The real reason I'm here is, that you have to pay for what you did."

Cold ran over his body as he heard the words. A vile laugh escaped those wrinkled lips causing the skin around her eyes to form lines.

"You're really aren't that smart as I initially thought you were. Still, since we're going to be relatives soon, I'm going to go easy on you."

His ears perked up at her reasoning and he sat a bit higher to face her

"Sign 45% of your shares to Ahad." His blood ran cold and his eyes twitched as he looked at the old woman before him.

"That would make him the biggest shareholder....

"And possibly the new Head of company, that too of a company that legally isn't even yours. "

She completed his sentence adding more to his fury. He was about to reply back, but she beat him to it

"You're probably going to say no. I wouldn't do that if I were you. Who knows what will happen to your family? You have two beautiful daughter I assume."

A frightening chill went down his spine and fear gripped his heart in a crashing hold.

"You stay away from my family."

He barked at her, but she ignored his useless threats. Instead, she put her sunglasses back on and stood by her cane.

"Either you agree or your company will crumble to dust. Your family will suffer the most. Especially, the daughters."

She passed a poisonous smile to him, making fun of his misery and went out of the room. His head fell back on the pillow, throbbing with pain. He felt angry. Furious at her. She was celebrating his misery.

Disgusting old woman.

He cursed in his head.

But he forgot, he too did the same once upon a time.

Tit for tat.
**************

Sahar stood rooted to her spot as those striking orbs gazed directly into hers. She was here to pay her Uncle a visit, but fate had something else in store for her. She gulped her saliva down her dry throat as he approached her with long confident strides.  He stopped at an appropriate distance. His eyes staying on her face, not darting anywhere else.

"Can we talk?" She blinked at his voice. Somehow, his voice was soothing. Like velvet. She realized the direction of her thoughts and gained her faltering composure back and answered him

"We're alone." She mentally cringed at how weird she sounded. He didn't mind. Instead, he eyed their surroundings and then pointed to a less crowded area. Not too crowded, but not too lonely. Perfect to have a word or two.

"Let's talk there." He pointed, but she still was hesitant. Eyeing her worry, he put his hands in his pockets and said

"I just want to talk. Nothing else."

He put emphasis on the last two words and saw her resolve crumbling a bit. Enough to have her agreeing with him. He tipped his head for her to walk forward and only started walking when she was a step or two ahead. She stopped when they reached the area and she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Taking a lunge full of air, she turned around to face him. He stood there, hands buried in pockets and eyes searching hers. She suddenly felt her mouth getting too dry. Clearing her throat, she said

"You want to talk." He nodded his head, but then stayed silent for a few minutes. She tightened her hold on her red chaddar and fixed the dupatta on her head.

"I know you said yes, but I need to know how you really feel about...us."

He pointed between the two of them. She was stunned to have him ask that question. She didn't take him as one who would care for her opinion. Shrugging, she muttered

"It is what it is." He frowned. Not too happy with her answer. She caught up to it. The way his eyes crinkled and a muscle worked in his jaw. She just said the truth.

"Look I know all of this might seem stupid or weird, but you won't be treated any less than my wife. Your dignity and honour won't be tarnished until my name is attached to yours."

She gasped at his words. They seemed too magical. Too beautiful to be believed upon. She wasn't expecting any of those sweet words of affirmation.

"How would I be treated?" She didn't know why she asked that question. She just wanted to know how far he was going with those words.

"I'll try to fulfill all your rights. You won't be forced to leave any of the things you do or enjoy. You will be respected both by me and my mother."

Her heart swelled at those words again. He was being too considerate of her. Seeds of doubt started sputtering in her heart and she blurted out

"I have some conditions."

She was expecting him to act angry or displeased, but he surprised her yet again when he just nodded at her. He looked like he was waiting for her to say those conditions. She cleared her throat again and started speaking

"I'll be treated as your equal. Not your less or above, but equal." She stopped as if to gauge his expressions, but he gave none. He face was as black as a white board.

"You'll not control me. Nor will you pressure me into anything I don't want to."

She stopped when he stepped an inch closer to her. The words died a quick death on her tongue, but he didn't say anything. Finding her voice again, she spoke

"Most important of all, there won't be any other woman. I'll treat you with respect and I want it in return."

At her last condition, his eyes darkened a bit around the edges. He pursed his lips and she was sure he would lash out at her, but he exhaled a deep breath. He seemed to control his anger not being controlled by his anger.

"Trust me, I would never cheat on you. To me, it'll be you."

His admission stirred something in her heart. The beating organ thudded harder against her ribcage. She put a hand on it and was shocked to find how erratic the beats were. She felt someone coming in their direction and he too turned around to find his grandmother standing there

"I hope I'm not disturbing anything." Ahad tried to read her eyes, but they were void of any emotion. A polite smile stayed plastered on her lips as she scrutinized both of them.

"It's nice to see you, Sahar. I'm looking forward to welcome you in our family."

The admission was so bland and appeared like a business affirmation more than a congratulatory remark. She didn't wait for her response and just walked to the direction of the car. Ahad's seemed to froze upon her's and she cleared her throat yet again.

"I hope I cleared all your queries."

There was an amused glint shining in his eyes and she narrowed her eyes. He didn't stop and instead a smirk grew on his lips. She let out a mumbled hmm and walked away. She heard his rich laughter as she pressed the button for the elevator. She didn't turn back although every muscle in her body was forcing her to do it. She kept her resolve, but as the doors were closing, she stole a glance in his direction only to have those honeyed pools staring into her own. The doors closed and the elevator moved upward. A breathless sigh escaped her lips. Her heart was beating at an abnormal pace and there was a funny feeling in her stomach. She realized very soon what that funny feeling was.

The damn butterflies.

Ahad Hussain just made the stoic Sahar feel butterflies in her stomach.

Isn't it just magical?
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Phew that was a lot.

Asalamoaliukm everyone. Here's a long, long update. I hope you'll enjoy it.
Tell me your thoughts in the comments.
Until the next update, Allah Hafiz.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

169K 6.3K 21
پہلی نظر میں کیسا جادو کر دیا تیرا بن بیٹھا ہے میرا جیا 𝖲𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝖥𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖲𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖫𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖺𝗀𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗁𝗂𝗆 𝖠𝗋𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾...
750K 22.6K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
396K 14.4K 30
"Arnav.." I whispered softly and gasped out loud when he bit my earlobe. "Hmm.?" He replied huskily and it was not helping me as my body was out of...
234K 8.9K 34
"You will not meet that man again" He warned her and try to control his anger. "Why should I listen you-" "Because you're my wife don't ever forget t...