matilda || formula 1

By flowers4youwp

"you can throw a party full of everyone you know, and not invite your family because they never showed you lo... More

matilda
prologue
one
three
four
five

two

1K 34 1
By flowers4youwp

"Juni, wake up," Jak said, shaking her slightly.

"Hm?" she said confused, lifting her head up.

"It's 5pm,"

"How?"

"What do you mean how you fell asleep," He laughed.

"Did your dad want you home by a certain time?"

"no," she said, shaking her head.

"Alright, because we could go get dinner or something, just you and me."

"yeah, now?"

"No, whenever," He said, pushing some hair out of her face.

"Okay," June said, finally sitting up.

"Where should we go?"

"I don't know, I've only been here once before."

"Hmm" Jak said, pulling out his phone.

"This?" He questioned, showing an option.

"Where is it?"

"A few miles away, I can drive,"

"Okay we can try it," She hesitated.

———

JuneRusso posted a story!

———
June was always hesitant to try new things, she just liked sticking to what she knew. Jak would always force her to try new things though. He would always make her go to a new restaurant and try new foods with him. She enjoyed it, she trusted him and it made her feel more comfortable.

"So Juni, your birthdays coming up,"

"Yeah?" She questioned.

"What do you want?"

"i don't know, nothing really,"

"Come one Juni, there has to be at least one thing."

"I really don't know,"

"Clothes, makeup, a new phone case," Jak tried to suggest.

"Ooo, I need a new phone case,"

"Hmm, I might have to get one for you," Jak jokes.

"Any plans for you birthday though," He adds on.

"Not really, it not a race weekend this year,"

"Why don't we go somewhere; me, you, and Ollie. It's between Saudi Arabia and Australia right?"

"Yeah, but what if my dad won't let me,"

"It's your birthday Juni, you should be able to do what you want."

"Yeah, but you know him,"

"Yeah, I do. Maybe I'll try to talk to him, it couldn't hurt."

"You could try," She said, smiling at him.

"When's Ollie getting here anyway?"

"Like 7," Jak responded.

"It's gonna kill him tomorrow,"

"Yeah I know," He laughed.

Jak attention suddenly drifted to some behind them, his eyes filled with curiosity.

"What?" June said, turning around.

"Is that Max?"

"Verstappen?"

"What other Max would we know?"

June searched around for a second before spotting him.

"Isn't he like, kinda your teammate?"

"Kinda, I don't know."

"Have you met him?"

"Like once, I didn't really talk to him, or Checo." She admitted.

She had seen them once at a preseason event, she didn't talk to any of them. She just thought that they wouldn't want to talk to her.

"You gotta start talking to your team, you're stuck with them this year."

"Yeah I know, anyway about my birthday where would we go?" She said, trying to change the subject.

"Wherever you wanted,"

"A beach?" She asked.

"If that's what you want, then sure." Jak agreed.

"Yup!"

Jak had never taken June anywhere, her dad always said no to both him and Ollie about letting her go with them on family vacation. He just hoped maybe he'd finally let her do something, and something that she chose to do.

"Juni, do you have a ride to the track tmr?"

"Maybe my dad, I don't really know."

"I'll take you with me if you want, you'll get there a little early but you can just chill."

"Yeah, that be perfect, thanks Jakie,"

"Anytime Juni,"
———
June liked hanging out with Jak, it felt like the one time she could just chill. It was always hard to return back home, she hated it, she wanted nothing more than to just stay with Jak. She tried to take in everything even on the car ride to the hotel, her eyes drifted around taking in all the sights of Bahrain.

As they pulled up to the hotel she felt a small pit in her stomach.

"You okay Juni?"

"Yeah, I'm good." She said while giving Jak a smile, trying to not make him worry.

"Are you going back to bed once you get to the room?

"Yeah definitely," She said, nodding.

Jak put his arm around her, leading her into the hotel. He gave her a quick hug once they got to her door.

"Night Junbug,"

"Night Jakie, I love you."

"I love you too."

She knocked at the door, her dad opened it almost immediately. She rushed inside, quickly waving Jak goodbye.

"You were gone for a while," Her dad said.

"Sorry, I didn't think you wanted me back by a certain time."

"I shouldn't have to tell you, you should know yourself. It's not my testing tomorrow, so why should I care?"

"I'm really sorry I'll be back early next time."

"You can apologize on the track by not embarrassing me."

"I won't embarrass you,"

Her dad left the hotel room, who knows where he went she was too tired to care. She tried to sleep, but she kept thinking about testing, she had to do well even if she hated it she couldn't be an embarrassment to her team or her family.
———
She woke to the sound of her alarm, she quickly turned it off to not wake her dad. She finished packing her backpack and left to Jaks room. She knocked a couple times before Jak opened the door.

"Hey Juni, how'd you sleep?" He said letting her in.

"Alright, it was kinda hard to sleep. I'm worried about it."

"There's nothing to worry about, you're so talented okay?" He said, giving her a quick hug.

"I know," She smiled up at him.

"Ollie will come over here in a couple minutes, he texted me last night."

"He's finally making his grand appearance," She joked.

Jak laughed a little bit as he finished packing his bag.

"Are you gonna do something with your hair?"

"I was gonna do it while I was waiting for my testing."

"Oh, what are you planning for it?"

"Two braids,"

"Nice Juni,"

June stayed on her phone until she heard the knock at the door. She jumped up from the bed and rushed to open it.

"Ollie!" She said hugging him.

"Junbug! I missed you so much." He said lifting her up.

Ollie walked into the room, still holding June."

"Jakie!" He said, putting June down and hugging him.

"Missed you Ollie," Jak said, returning the hug.

"I missed you two so much. We need to start doing something together over the break."

"We have to actually plan it early then," Jak said.

"Honestly" June responded.

"Ollie you have to start coming early so we can actually do stuff before the weekend starts." June said.

"I will, I learned. I'm so jet lagged."

"Rough morning?" Jak questioned.

"Yeah,"

"We should probably get going if you guys are ready," Jak said.

"I'm ready," June said.

"Yeah, we can go," Ollie agreed.
———
Junes' nerves grew as they got closer to the track, she felt too much pressure. As they got to the gate they scanned their passes successfully. The walk to the f2 garages wasn't bad, she felt upset she wasn't going to be with them all season. They went to Prema first as Jak and June wanted to say hi to their old team before walking over to Hitech.

"You gonna be okay Juni?" Jak questioned.

"Mhm, I might go over to AlphaTauri just to prepare a bit."

"Okay, I'll probably see you after testing alright?"

"Hmh, good luck Jakie,"

"Good luck to you too Junbug."

Jak left her to go get ready to start testing as June made the walk to the garage. June had met most of the team a couple of times, but this time just felt different l. She actually had something to prove to them this time.

She wasn't racing till the afternoon but the team wanted her to see how everything would go. As she walked into the garages she said hi to everyone before going to his driver room. Her race engineer knocked at door before entering.

"Hey June," He said.

"Hey Philip,"

"So I saw that your here and thought that in like 15ish minutes do you want to talk in the meeting room about the plan for today?"

"Sure that would be great,"

"Okay 15 minutes,"

"Yup!" She said as he left.

She rushed to do her hair, than walked over to the small meeting room, saying hi to her mechanics on the way. Her and her race engineer talked about all the small technical details about today and the plan; how she was going to drive in the pm session, what that would entail, ect.

She watched as Yuki's session came and went, for her watching it, it just seemed to fly by. She chatted with Yuki before her pm session, she thought that Jak was right to get to know her team and she got along with Yuki. Then before she knew it she was in the car. It was a new feeling, it was like every feeling of not wanting to race washed away, like everything her dad said was gone.
———

Her session went okay, overall she was 12th, she didn't think that was too bad.

"Good job today," Her race engineer said, giving her a quick pat on the back.

She felt so proud of herself, all she wanted was to go tell Jak everything. She quickly changed out of her suit into normal clothes and rushed to find Jak.

"June!" She heard a voice yell.

June turned back to see Max walking towards her.

"hey," June said quietly.

"You did great out there today!" He said.

"Thank you, you did too!"

"I mean it's very impressive, you're 14 and doing stuff I couldn't do when I started f1."

That made the smile on June's face grow giant.

"Thank you!"

"I think I saw you yesterday, at the restaurant." He questioned.

"Oh yeah! That was me and Jak."

"Oh, how do you know Jak?"

"We were teammates in f3 and I've raced against him since karting."

Max was about to respond to her before Jak ran over to her.

"I have to go sorry, I'll talk to you soon!"

"Talk to you soon June, good job today!"

"You too!"

June immediately ran toward Jak, he lifted her up and gave her a giant hug.

"Juni, kid, you did so good!"

"Thank you Jakie, you did too!"

"Thank you, see I told you you were going to be fine.  You're the most talented person I know Juni, don't let anyone tell you differently." He said.

June hugged him tighter.

"I won't Jakie, I love you."

"I love you so much."

authors note
They actually talked!! I'm planning on progressing their relationship really slow so they won't get super close for a while.  Also sorry for the lack of social media, it just didn't fit well with this chapter! Also Jak and June are literally my  favorite sibling duo everrr!!

I'm not going to keep updating this every night but hopefully at least 2-3 times a week!

Hope you all have an amazing day/night ♥︎
-Taylor

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 3.9K 17
"Excuse my sudden visit, but I saw your fiasco on the picture show and I just couldn't resist. What a performance! Why, I haven't been that entertain...
317K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
696K 42.5K 106
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
686K 33.9K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...