Who wants that perfect love s...

بواسطة NaiyaNelson_

Brittany is facing the struggles on being a single mom and a college student. She had it all figured up until... المزيد

Pliot
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5- The party
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 1

9 0 0
بواسطة NaiyaNelson_

"Yo Britt wait up" Khalil screamed down the hallway jogging towards me.

Khalil is my friend from Philly he was my neighbor growing up until his dad died and then him, his mom and his brother had to move to south Philly but he still came around. He was the only person who didn't judge for getting pregnant with Brianna. Khalil is pretty handsome and very nerdy. He is 6ft and he have perfect white teeth. He is skinny with deep dimples a brown skin complexion and brown eyes. He was a nerd but he was also a great basketball player. Khalil wasn't the type of nerd you just push into a locker. He was brains and brawns, he was also street smart. He sell drugs from time to time, to help his mom out. His father passed away when he was 8 and it was a struggle for her to take care of him and his brother so by the age of 13 he got into the game. (Khalil⬆️⬆️⬆️ (r.i.p Tyler))

"You going to Beta Beta Beta party on Friday?"  He ask once he had caught up to me.

"No you know I have to drive to Philly Friday to see Brianna for the weekend and plus I wasn't invited" I never get invited to anything as I said earlier I don't like to be noticed I had enough people eyes on me in high school.

" Girl I'm your invitation. If I'm invited, you're invited. If they kick you out, they kick me out. And we didn't land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on us!" He say as he stands straight and salute.

"What nigga ? are you high ?" 

"Me ? High? What? No ! Listen here I don't smoke weed. Weed is cheap, I make too much money to even smoke weed. Weed is wack." He says in a serious face.

I stared at him looking confused.

"Nah I'm just playing I'm maybe just a little high" he says laughing as we continue to walk down the hallway  "How is my goddaughter anyway"

"Bad as hell, terrorizing my parents she's such a diva and she's having her way with them" I said laughing just thinking about my baby girl.

Damn I'm a mom, I thought to myself I'm old enough to get called mommy, thats crazy. It seems like yesterday me and Khalil were riding our bikes racing to get to the top of the hill now we are college students.

"I just still can't believe you had a baby and with Trey out of all people" he says breaking me out of my train of thought.

Me and Trey dated for 6 months before we had sex. He used to make me feel like I was the only girl in the world. It was nice until I found out he was playing me. He had 3 girls on the side once when I told him that I was pregnant he said what you telling me for? That's your baby. Everything in me wanted to get rid of Bri but my parents said you were grown enough to lay down and make her now be grown enough to take care of her. I'm so happy I didn't get rid of her that's my girl, my world. She's my reason for living I look in her eyes and all of my pain just go away. She deserves the world once when I finish school and become a forensic scientist she going to have just that.

"I can't believe he turn out to be such a dick, I really thought we was going to be together for a lifetime" I say shaking my head at the thought.

"You and every girl he was messing with thought that shit but you need to stop acting like a 35 year old woman and come to this party, it's okay to miss one weekend and have some fun and be young"

"How did you get an invite anyways" I asked. Before I got pregnant Khalil never got invited to a party he was just that dorky kid on the basketball team who lead the team to victory every game. But once when he got his braces off and switched those big thick glasses out with contacts every girl in Pennsylvania wants him well minus me he will always be big bird to me.

"Well you know Leah the head sorority sister gave your boy the invite, it turns out she wants your boy." He said with a big ass smile on his face showing all his teeth while rubbing his hands together.

"Whatever boy just don't get her pregnant" I say walking away from him laughing

"Oh don't worry about me I wrap it up" he yells down the hallway causing everyone to look.

"Y'all know wrap up gift , my gift wrapping skills are tight" he says into the crowd. "Y'all some nosey mother fuckers" he says then running down the other end of the hallway.

I laughed that boy there is a trip but he's not afraid to be himself.

" Hey Brittany are you coming to Beta Beta Beta party Friday I hear it's going to be the party of the century " gia ask as I enter Warde hall.

Gia was my roommate she was mix with Columbian and African American. She kinda became my best friend. She has the perfect hour glass figureand long black long hair . She was the sweetest person ever when she wanted to be, she spends most of her free time helping charities and fighting against immigration reform. She was also the craziest person ever just know when she start speaking in Spanish it means to RUNNN!

"No I have to go home Friday to spend time with my daughter" I say.

"I'm sure she will understand if you decide to have fun and party for one weekend with your favorite roomy. We are not going to be in college forever let's live for the moment "

"Yeah but feel like I'm missing out on so much of her life already I actually gotta go FaceTime her "

" okay girl " she says walking off.

I enter my dorm and put down my bag full of books. I laid down in my bed and FaceTime Bri

"Ma ma" Bri said smiling at the phone

" Hey baby how is mommy's pretty girl"

"I good ma ma" she says I know she wasn't really paying any attention to me because I could hear Gracie's Conner playing in the background

"Ma ma look"she turned the phone showing me Gracie's Conner.

"You're watching Gracie's Conner"

"Yeah" she says

" let me talk to your grandma"

"Here maam ma" she say handing the phone to my mom.

"Well ain't it's my favorite college girl what's good in the hood" she says. My
Mom can be the most embarrassing person in the world but I love her to death. My mom is very beautiful she was brown skin the same complexion as me. She has perfect white teeth a nice hour glasses figure. Not to mention she is thick. She kinda looks like a thicker version of Kelly Rowland. Her hair is currently bone straight middle part sew in.

"Nothing I -"

"Let me tell you what's good in the hood Mrs. Scott" Gia said bursting in the room. Oh lawd I thought to myself.
"Beta Beta Beta is throwing the party of the century and Brittany act like she doesn't want to go"

"I told you that I have to drive home to see Brianna" I said

"Baby girl Bri will be just fine it's okay to live a little" my dad say through the phone.

"Yeah it's okay to live a little, you have to quit punishing yourself for getting pregnant at a young age Brianna is a blessing" my mom added.

"Just because you have a baby doesn't mean you have to have the fun suck out of you"

"That right Gia" my mom said.

"But I wasn't even invited"

"What's an invite? If they kick you out they kick me out and if they kick me out I'm shutting that bitch down" Gia said causing us all to laugh.

"I still don't know you guys " I said.

" how about this you go to the party Friday and on Saturday we will drive Bri up there to see you" my dad says.

"I don't know that's a long time to be in the car with her" I say

"Bri baby do you want to go on road trip to see mommy Saturday" my dad asked Brianna.

"Yay road trimp" Bri screaming.

"You see it's 4 against 1 now go to that party baby girl. Enjoy life" my dad said

"Okay dad" I said my goodbyes to my parents and Bri before hanging up the phone then looked at Gia.

"What" she says laughing "why are you staring at me"

"I can't stand you" I say in a jokingly way

"That's how you feel right now but wait until 10 years from now you gonna look back say thank god for Gia I didn't spend my college years acting like a 75 year old woman "

"Whatever" I said rolling my eyes

"Ugh I hate men" Sarah said bursting in the room. Sarah was my other roommate. Sarah is a white girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, with a nice body shape. She had a nice size booty it's not too big or small and small boobs. She also have pretty white teeth.

" If you're talking about Antonio, he hardly counts as a man more like a man child" Gia says making Sarah laugh

"You told me not to go out with him I should've listened"

"What did he do?" I ask Sarah.

"He took me on a date to Cheddar's for lunch okay no problem I love their honey croissants. So the host sit us down and he gonna tell the host I bet you get no play working here the host was like huh then he was like I'm talking about hoes man don't no woman want a man that work a cheddars how much you make like 10-15 a hour. The host was like that none of your concern sir and walk away." Me and Gia start laughing. "Wait that's not all" Sarah says laughing

"So then waitress came and then he goes damn baby you been doing your squats with ass like that you should be working at hooters." We all start laughing harder

"See I told you not to date him." Gia says

"hopefully I can find a man at beta beta beta party, is y'all coming?" Sarah ask.

"Yeah" Gia says .

"I don't know you guys I don't even have anything to wear " I say.

"We can go to the mall tomorrow and find you something to wear "

"Yeah I need to do some therapeutic shopping anyways after that date whew" Sarah says making us all laugh.

————————————————————

AUTHOR SIDE NOTE

Okay let me tell you guys about the character Khalil back in 2015 in my hometown Saint Petersburg, Florida a boy named Tyler Lord got killed in a alley 2 houses down from where he lived due to gun violence he was only 17. Tyler was not a drug dealer although Khalil is. When I wrote the character Khalil I was thinking about Tyler they do have some similarities like Tyler was a great basketball player he had dreams of making out of Saint Petersburg, he had so much potential I honestly believe that he could've went to the NBA. Tyler was smart funny and charming still this day I send prayers out to his family. This book is a dedication to Tyler Lord it is not meant to reinvent Tyler but to remember him.

R.I.P Tyler I know that you're balling in heaven 🙏🏽👼🏽🏀⛹🏾‍♂️

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

2.7M 157K 49
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
4.1M 169K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
Ace بواسطة Antonia

العاطفية

192M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...