Harry Potter and the Lighting...

By PeskyBird12345

How would the wizarding world react to a Boy Who Lived who is much different from what they expected? One tha... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 8

2.5K 89 14
By PeskyBird12345

Harry was seething. He knew of the rivalry of James Potter and Severus Snape from reading his father's journal. He also knew of the man's friendship with his mother until the end of their fifth year when they ended it when Snape had called his mother a mudblood. While his father had not been a saint, neither had Snape been anything less than nasty. From what he had read, Snape had repeatedly insulted him and his family. James couldn't take the insult to his family lying down. It was what he was taught growing up as a pureblood. So he had retaliated to fight for his family's honour. Once he had explained that to Harry's mother in their sixth year, only then had Lily given James a chance. And the rest was history.

They had started dating in the middle of their sixth year. Dorea Potter had been initially leery about her son dating a muggleborn. Not that she had anything against them, but she was a sticker to magical traditions. She was a Black after all. And muggleborns tended to question many of their traditions and snub many of the older families. But once they had both met, Dorea was taken with Lily's intelligence and her behaviour. Not to mention Lily kept James in line, something she had not been able to do. Once James and Lily had graduated, Dorea, who worked in the Department of Mysteries as an Unspeakable, was able to get her daughter-in-law into the department as well; not that Lily wasn't qualified to get in without her influence, but it certainly helped. But in 1979, Voldemort had decided to strike the Potter family. Charlus and Dorea Potter had been ambushed in Diagon Alley. It took twenty death eaters to bring the couple down and in the end, only five had managed to survive, though badly injured.

And now, he found that Snape had informed Voldemort of a prophecy which had resulted in the Dark wanker hunting down the rest of the Potter family. And he had the gall to insult Harry's father after being the cause of the man's death? Harry took a deep breath. He needed to let off some steam. He looked around at the empty corridor. "Can a Hogwarts elf answer me please?" he asked.

A few seconds later, an elf popped in front of him. "What can Sally do for young master?" she asked.

"Sally is there a place where I can practice magic in private? Without damaging anything?" he asked.

The little elf thought for a few seconds and nodded. "Sally knows just the place" she said, pulling Harry with her.

Harry was bemused, but followed the elf. He walked to the other end of the seventh floor. There was a painting of a man teaching a pair of trolls how to dance. "Master has to think about what room he wants and walk in front of the wall three times back and forth. A door will appear" she said.

Harry blinked in confusion and wondered if she was toying with him. But he did as told. After walking three times in front of the wall, a large metal door appeared. He looked shocked. He opened the door and gasped. There was a duelling circuit with practice dummies. There were also several books relating to duelling. In a corner was another place where he could practice his martial arts. This room was perfect.

"What is this place?" he asked in wonder.

"This be the Come and Go room or the Room of Requirement. It becomes whatever you want and appears in the time of need", she explained. Harry thanked her and the elf popped away.

"Duelling tournament here I come" he whispered to himself as he flicked his wand out of his holster.

The next morning, Harry walked into the transfiguration classroom and found a cat on the table. He went closer and started at it. The cat started back with narrowed eyes. Harry could sense that this was not an ordinary cat. He observed more and found spectacle markings around its eyes. This was an animagus; McGonagall to be precise. He smirked at the cat and whispered, "Amazing technique Professor. There is no better way to demonstrate Transfiguration better than an animagus transformation isn't it? I'm impressed" he said to the wide-eyed cat and sat down. Students began to filter in and they took their seats. Once everyone was present McGonagall decided to make her presence known. She jumped from the table and transformed into a human. The class was stunned and immediately started applauding. She turned to Harry. "Five points to Ravenclaw Mr Potter. How did you recognize me?" she asked.

Harry gave a small smile and said "No cat is that well behaved professor. Besides I saw the spectacle markings around your eyes. It wasn't difficult to put the pieces together."

"Well, you managed to do something that generations of first year students haven't been able to do. Well done" she said and started explaining about her subject.

After turning her desk into a pig and back, she explained about her subject and gave them notes. She later handed them all a match and instructed on how to turn it into a needle. Instead of attempting it, Harry just watched the others try and fail. After ten minutes, McGonagall came over and saw that Harry was just watching the other and not doing the work. "Mr Potter what are you doing? I told you to transfigure the match, not watch the rest of the class. Go on, give it a try" she said in a stern voice.

The rest of the class turned to watch the Boy Who Lived point his wand at the match, say the incantation and turn the match into a perfect needle. McGonagall stood there silent for several seconds. She soon recovered and said "Well done, Mr Potter. 20 points to Ravenclaw for getting it right the first time. Now let's see if the rest of you can do it as well" she said as she started moving around the class.

Harry smiled briefly and began helping those near him get the spell right. When Daphne managed to do it without his help, he sent a small but genuine smile at her. Daphne, who was expecting him to annoy her, was confused. So she just gave a hint of a smile and left the class once it was over. After lunch, the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs went down to the dungeons for Potions. He sat alone and waited for the dungeon bat to make his dramatic entrance. He wasn't worried. Potions was a subject he took like a duck to water. After all, he had been cooking for the Dursleys every day for a year before he ran away. Besides, with his perfect memory and Voldemort's advanced knowledge in his subconscious mind, it was probably his best subject next to Runes.

Snape barged into the classroom. He began taking the roll call, and as he reached Harry's name, he paused and said softly "Ah yes. Harry Potter. Our new celebrity."

The class was silent. Everyone had heard stories about how mean Snape could be. After he finished calling out names, he began. "You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of Potion making. As there is little wand waving here many of you would find it hard to believe this is magic. I can teach you how to bottle fame, blew glory, even stopper death-if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."

People exchanged glances. Harry kept his face expressionless. "Potter!" said Snape suddenly. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Harry merely raised an eyebrow. He was asking a NEWT level question. Was Snape really that desperate? "Nothing but stinking up the room. But they are the primary ingredients for the preparation of the Draught of Living Death, a potion taught in sixth year" he said calmly.

Snape's lips curled into a sneer. "A lucky guess won't save you Potter. Let's try again, where would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" he asked.

"Your potions cabinet, or more specifically, the stomach of a goat" he replied.

"Five points from Ravenclaw for your cheek Potter. What is the difference Potter between monkshood and wolfsbane?" asked Snape, his face red with anger.

"Nothing. They are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite" he said coldly.

Snape's face purpled. It reminded Harry of Uncle Vernon. "Well?", he barked. "Why aren't you all writing that down?"

He then set them to mixing a simple potion to cure boils. Harry knowing the steps, started with the process. With advanced knowledge, he skipped a few steps and finished the potion ahead of schedule. But Snape was anything but a person who appreciated talent when he saw it. "Potter! What did you do? Did you think I would be impressed if you cheated on the potion did you? You're so arrogant Potter, just like your father. That's another 5 points from Ravenclaw. You have no subtlety Potter, just as useless and brash as your father. It's a wonder that you can get off the ground with that big head you've inherited from him. Look at me when I'm speaking to you, brat" he snarled.

Harry simply lifted his head and started at the greasy, hook nosed man. Green eyes met black, and suddenly Harry was at the receiving end of a legilemency attack. Snape found shields in the boy's mind. He snarled. There was no way the spawn of James Potter could be well versed in Occlumency at that age. He tried to tear through his shields. But Hadrian Potter was a natural at the mind arts and coupled with Voldemort's experience at the field for more than 50 years had made his mental shields very formidable. So Harry pushed. Snape found himself thrown across the room. The students gasped.

Harry was furious. How dare Snape try to mind rape him? This had gone too far. Harry had planned on letting things settle before taking care of Snape, but looked like the dog couldn't learn new tricks. "How dare you try to mind rape me?" he snarled. "Do you know the punishment for a full legilemency attack on the Lord of a Most Ancient and Noble House? Automatic death sentence. Congratulations Snape, you just got yourself a one way ticket to hell. Enjoy your life for how long it lasts. But I guarantee it won't be for long." Harry waved his wand and all his things went back into his bag and he left the classroom. The rest of the class, not wanting to be near Snape, followed suit. No one noticed Susan Bones sneak off to the Owlery; Or that a beatle seemed to have been perched on the dungeon wall until a minute back.

Albus Dumbledore was frantic. He had just come back from visiting Severus in the hospital wing. How in Merlin's name did Harry develop such strong Occlumency barriers to keep someone like Severus out? This was not good. Not good at all! The potions master had been caught in the act, against the heir of a Most Ancient and Noble House no less! He had to find Harry, and find him fast. Maybe he could convince the boy that he was mistaken and pin the blame on him. Saving Severus was important. Everything else was secondary.

Said boy was standing in front of a large house in an affluent neighbourhood of London's suburbs. He had to prepare if he were to come out on top. He entered the property and knocked on the door. A beautiful woman who seemed to be in her late thirties opened the door. "May I help you?" she asked, eyes narrowed. The wards had alerted that a wizard had entered the property. Here she saw a boy who was probably a twelve or thirteen year old standing on her door step.

"Hello Aunt Andy. I'm Hadrian Potter. I know it's been a long time since you've seen me, but I'm in need of a lawyer immediately and you're the only one I can trust considering my situation. I think we need to talk" he said looking at the shocked face of Andromeda Tonks nee Black.

The next morning, the entire school was in shock after reading the headlines on the Daily Prophet.

FORMER DEATH EATER SEVERUS SNAPE HARASSES AND MIND RAPES THE BOY WHO LIVED

By Rita Skeeter

Yesterday afternoon, former Death Eater Severus Tobias Snape, Potions Master and Head of Slytherin House at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was found harassing Hadrian James Potter, The Boy Who Lived. It has come to the notice of this reporter that Severus Snape, while conducting Potions class for the first year Revanclaws and Hufflepuffs, which also contained Hadrian Potter who is surprisingly a Ravenclaw was found asking questions not relating to the material, insulting the Potter heir and also insulting the memory of his father, the Late Lord James Potter. Not only that, the professor also took points off when Hadrian Potter answers all the questions correctly, even when one the questions was NEWT level. When the boy finished his potion before the allotted time, the esteemed professor took points again, claiming that the boy had cheated and started insulting the Late Lord Potter again, in front of his son no less.

It was after this incident, when both of them made eye contact with each other, Professor Snape attempted to use Legilimency on the Boy Who Lived. Fortunately, Hadrian Potter seems to be well versed in the art of Occlumency, and threw the man out of his mind. For those readers who don't know, Legilimency is the art of reading another person's thoughts and is illegal to be performed without consent, especially on minors. In this case, Hadrian Potter is also the Heir of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Potter. The punishment for such a crime is life sentence in Azkaban. The attack on a Lord is automatic death sentence.

What was Albus Dumbledore thinking, having our children being taught by an accused criminal? One that seems to hate the Boy Who Lived? Will justice be served, or will Albus Dumbledore intervene again on Severus Snape's behalf like he did ten years ago? This faithful reporter will be on the watch to let you know.

Snape looked fuious. As did McGonagall and Flitwick, but their anger was directed at Snape. Dumbledore looked worried. He hadn't expected the news to break out so early. Before he could even try to attempt damage control, Madam Amelia Bones entered the Great Hall, with two Aurors in tow. Dumbledore had a bad feeling about this.

"Madam Bones, what can I do for you?" he asked with a smile.

"I'm here for the arrest of one Severus Tobias Snape. We have received evidence that he performed unauthorised Legilimency on the Heir of a Most Ancient and Noble House. He is to come with us to Auror Headquarters. If he is found innocent, he will be released. If not there will be a trial in front of the Wizengamot" she Amelia in a no-nonsense voice.

"What? Do you honestly believe that brat? Of course everyone listens to Potter. Strutting around ordering everyone, as if he owns the school. He needs to be taken down a peg or two! As if people will believe that lying, attention seeking brat over ME!" snarled Snape.

"That is why there is an interrogation Mr Snape. Mr Potter has already arrived at the Ministry. You are needed as well. I have already signed a warrant for your arrest. It is in your best interest to come quietly" she said coldly.

"Now, Madam Bones, are you sure this is necessary? I mean, the boy probably misunderstood. No eleven year old could have such advanced Occlumency shields. I'm sure this was all a big misunderstanding and I'm confident Mr Potter will apologise to Professor Snape for his behaviour" he said in a kind manner.

Amelia narrowed her eyes, and her temper flared. She was one of the best Aurors of her generation. She had risen through the ranks very quickly in the DMLE, and a year ago been made the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, the youngest in history. Even though she was young, she had a fierce reputation. That was the reason no one wanted to cross her, not even the members of the Dark families of the Wizengamot or Albus Dumbledore. She didn't trust the old man. She had lost her entire family except for one of her brothers and his wife and daughter in the last war. She had also lost the man she was in love with. But if things went according to plan, she would get him back by the end of the day.

"The DMLE and the Wizengamot will be the judge of that. Cuff him" she ordered.

Snape stood angrily as the Aurors cuffed him with magic suppression shackles. They escorted him out and Amelia Bones left the hall. No one spoke for almost a minute, everyone too shocked at what had transpired. Then voices began buzzing. People were scared. Had Snape tried reading their mind too? For how long had he been doing it? Three of the four houses were silently cheering. They hated the greasy man more than anyone. Slytherin was silent. They knew that Hadrian Potter had played his cards masterfully. This would probably the last time they would see their Head of House.

Severus Snape sat in the interrogation room. This was infuriating! How dare that brat lie and damage his reputation like this! He couldn't wait to go back to Hogwarts to deduct a thousand points from Ravenclaw and put Potter in detention for the rest of the seven years. Then he would fail Potter in Potions, so that he would have no choice but to repeat the year. He would torture the boy for eternity. He was shaken out of his day dreams when Amelia Bones entered the room. He swallowed his nervousness. He remembered Amelia from school. She was a year older than him, and even during school was considered a fierce duellist. She was certainly not a woman to cross.

"Interrogation of Severus Tobias Snape, Potions Master of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry on the fourth of September 1991. Interrogator Amelia Susan Bones, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement." A dicta quill started writing as she spoke.

"Mr Snape", she began. "You have been accused of harassment of a minor, using Legilimency on the Lord of an Ancient and Noble House, and murder of the Late Lord and Lady Potter by providing valuable information to the Dark Lord Voldemort, which caused him to hunt down their family. How do you plead?"

Snape paled. How had she known? The only people who had known that he was the one to rely the prophecy were the Dark Lord, Albus Dumbledore and Peter Pettigrew. And he knew without a doubt that both of them had not told her and Pettigrew was dead. What should he do?

"Not guilty of all charges" he replied.

"So noted" she said and nodded.

"Mr Snape, we have evidence for each of the three charges levelled against you. Do you have any evidence that you are not guilty of the charges?" she asked crisply.

Snape snarled "The boy obviously is a liar. He's a Potter, he would do anything he wants and no one would ask him. He already has a big head because he's a celebrity. Growing up like a price, arrogant just like his father" he ranted.

Amelia raised an eyebrow. "Mr Snape, has it ever crossed your mind that you are imagining James Potter, instead of his son? Are you accusing a boy of being just like his father, when the said boy doesn't even remember him? Anyway, let's get down to business. As I told you, we have evidence. If the other party agrees to use Veritaserum and you don't, it would cast you in a bad light. Confess now, and the punishment would be reduced. You have one minute."

Snape remained quiet. There was no way they could pin anything on him. The only serious charge was the third one, but he knew that there was no way they had proof for that or the Legilimency attack. And the harassment charge would not harm him anyway. It was only a matter of time before Dumbledore would rescue him. After a minute, Amelia got up. "There will be a full Wizengamot session in three hours. Get ready to make your case" she said and walked out of the room.

The members of the Wizengamot stepped into the room. Today was an emergency session, and most of them knew what it was going to be about. They had read the paper after all. Cyrus Greengrass watched Augusta Longbottom take her seat after speaking to Amelia Bones. He had received a letter from Daphne last night telling what a horrible teacher Snape was. So even if he was convicted, it was no big deal. Besides, this gave him the opportunity to observe the relationship between Harry Potter and Albus Dumbledore.

The said old wizard entered wearing pale blue robes and proceeded to the chair of the Chief Warlock. The Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge, confused as to what this was about, sat on the seat to the left of Dumbledore and Amelia to the right. Once Dumbledore called the Wizengamot in session, Amelia stood up. "Lords and Ladies, members of the Wizengamot, before we begin, I believe Chief Warlock Dumbledore is not the right person to preside for today's agenda due to conflict of interest. I vote for Madam Marchbanks to be the Interim Chief Witch for today's session" she said.

Augusta Longbottom stood up. "Seconded" she said.

There was a murmur of agreement in the hall. Dumbledore cleared his throat. He had to pick his battles, and this was not one of them. "Let's take a vote. All for appointing Madam Marchbanks as Interim Chief Witch for today's Wizengamot session?" he asked.

A little more than half of the members lit their wands. A second later, the votes were counted. "The motion passes. Madam Marchbanks, if you please" he said stepping down.

An ancient witch walked up to the chair and sat down. "What case are we about to preside over Madam Bones?" she asked, her voice booming.

"The case of Hadrian James Potter vs Severus Tobias Snape" she replied.

Marchbanks nodded. "Alright, bring them in" she said.

Snape was brought in by two Aurors and made to sit down on the chair. Harry entered the hall with Andromeda Tonks in tow. He was wearing expensive robes of deep red, with the Potter Crest on the side of his chest.

"Is that really the Boy Who Lived? He looked nothing like what I expected" exclaimed Marchbanks.

"This is Hadrian James Potter, Chief Witch. That has already been confirmed" said Amelia.

"Interrogation of Severus Tobias Snape, Potions Master of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry on the fourth of September 1991. Interrogator Amelia Susan Bones, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement" she said again.

"Witness for the defence, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore" said a voice. Dumbledore came up and stood next to Snape.

"Noted" said Amelia.

"Mr Snape", she began. "You have been accused of harassment of a minor, using Legilimency on the Heir of a Most Ancient and Noble House, and murder of the Late Lord and Lady Potter by providing valuable information to the Dark Lord Voldemort, which caused him to hunt down their family. How do you plead?" she repeated.

Albus paled rapidly. How did she know about the prophecy? It would be disastrous if Harry or anyone else knew of its existence or contents. Before he could say anything, Snape said "Not guilty of all charges."

"So noted", said Madam Marchbanks.

Amelia began. "My first evidence against the accused is this memory which has been extracted by Head Unspeakable Croaker from Mr Potter. Mr Potter has also agreed to swear a magical oath about its veracity." People started murmuring. A minor swearing an oath was unheard of.

Harry got up and flicked his wand to his hand. "I, Hadrian James Potter, swear on my magic that the memories that have been extracted by Unspeakable Croaker which are to be presented for evidence are true and have not been tampered with. This I swear, so mote it be." A flash of light signified the oath. "Lumos" His wand tip glowed with a soft light, signifying he had his magic. "Nox"

The memory was poured inside the Pensieve, and the Unspeakable tapped a few runes on it. The image came out of it like a projector. It showed the meeting Harry had with Dumbledore where Snape began insulting his father. It later showed the memory of the Potions class where he started insulting him again and attempted Legilemency.

Unspeakable Croaker came up and said, "As a highly accomplished Legilimens, I can assure you that what you just saw was a Legilimency attack."

"Chief Witch, members of the Wizengamot, I think this situation had been grossly blown out of proportion. There is no proof of the attack other than Mr Potter's word for it. From what I have seen, Mr Potter attacked Professor Snape by pushing him to the other end of the room. It was probably a case of accidental magic, so no harm done. If he is willing to take back his case, then he won't receive any punishment for attacking a teacher" said Dumbledore smoothly.

Andromeda stepped up. "My client is willing to submit himself to Veritaserum questioning. As you know, questioning done under the serum is proof and it can't be taken back. Since Mr Potter has consented to it, the Wizengamot does not need to grant approval. Is your client willing to do the same Mr Dumbledore?" she asked.

Dumbledore stood silent. He really had not expected Harry to go this far. Before he could answer, Amelia spoke up. "There is also the matter of Mr Snape facilitating in the death of the Late Lord and Lady Potter. May we bring in our witness Chief Witch?"

"Proceed" said Marchbanks, frowning. This case was murkier than she thought.

Two Aurors brought in the frail form of Sirius Black. One other had a metal cage, where there was a rat unconscious. Dumbledore's eyes went wide when he saw Sirius. This was not good! Not good at all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 6 22
REWRITTEN! Harry Potter lost his twin sister last year, he now has no idea what to do. Problems happen in the muggle world, and in the wizarding worl...
161 4 8
The walls bear witness to her resilience and determination. This is where you know, the loyal one Can be the Unloyal. were also brave can be the most...
373K 12.7K 33
After being saved from the Dursley's as a toddler, Harry James Potter was taken in by a new family. A family he truly deserved. He was finally able t...
764K 16.9K 63
Thomas potter is the "Boy-Who-Lived." His fame and future named by the beloved wizard of the light, Albus Dumbledore. But what happens if he made a...